PDA

View Full Version : Apple sucks, don't succumb to iRape

mjmacky
03-22-2011, 11:44 PM
Nobody really knows me, so no one here would understand my hatred of everything Apple. Rather than get into that, here are some new stories I've heard about (out of MANY) that remind me if Apple were a person, it'd be a fucking douche bag.

Besides their overpriced bullshit devices and OS, they have a locked down App Store. Apple will forbid a South Park app on grounds of obscenity (source (http://boingboing.net/2009/02/17/south-park-iphone-ap.html)), but a Gay Cure app has no objectionable material (source (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/03/18/apple-exodus-international-app_n_837698.html))? It's an app that supposedly will cure you of your gay illness (not a gay illness, as in, "man this flu is totally fucking gay", but being gay as the actual illness). So there was a panel of near FCC-level tightwads that took a look at this app and said, well surely nobody will have a problem with this, we're all Puritan homophobes after all.

Now granted, there are possible ulterior motives at work behind disallowing some apps (that are of a financial and non consensual violation of your holes nature). Still, neither of them makes their shit toys any more appealing. When my wife lost her last iPod, I made her by a walkman, she was simply amazed at how simple she can maintain her music now that it can stored as USB mass storage (and uninstall that girthy itunes). The Android experience I get is levels above the experience of having to mess around on an iPhone. Alright, so I got into it just a little, but oh well.

Something Else
03-22-2011, 11:48 PM
You got raped with an Old Geezer's cunt-apple?! No wai!!! :O

Something Else
03-22-2011, 11:50 PM
Nobody really knows me, so no one here would understand my hatred of everything Apple. Rather than get into that, here are some new stories I've heard about (out of MANY) that remind me if Apple were a person, it'd be a fucking douche bag.

Besides their overpriced bullshit devices and OS, they have a locked down App Store. Apple will forbid a South Park app on grounds of obscenity (source (http://boingboing.net/2009/02/17/south-park-iphone-ap.html)), but a Gay Cure app has no objectionable material (source (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/03/18/apple-exodus-international-app_n_837698.html))? It's an app that supposedly will cure you of your gay illness (not a gay illness, as in, "man this flu is totally fucking gay", but being gay as the actual illness). So there was a panel of near FCC-level tightwads that took a look at this app and said, well surely nobody will have a problem with this, we're all Puritan homophobes after all.

Now granted, there are possible ulterior motives at work behind disallowing some apps (that are of a financial and non consensual violation of your holes nature). Still, neither of them makes their shit toys any more appealing. When my wife lost her last iPod, I made her by a walkman, she was simply amazed at how simple she can maintain her music now that it can stored as USB mass storage (and uninstall that girthy itunes). The Android experience I get is levels above the experience of having to mess around on an iPhone. Alright, so I got into it just a little, but oh well.

If only they'd make an Android sentence constructing app, you'd be sorted.

Something Else
03-22-2011, 11:53 PM
I think iTunes is probably the worst piece of software installed on my PC. True story.

mjmacky
03-23-2011, 12:13 AM
I wouldn't need nor use one. I have the following three methods of writing at my disposal: scientific (proper); legal (very tightly, get my money back proper), and internet forum (parenthetical). I would have called the third one email, but I post more on forums than I write email (as far as word count goes). Your assumption has been invalidated, and I apologize for misleading you.

mjmacky
03-23-2011, 12:14 AM
I think iTunes is probably the worst piece of software installed on my PC. True story.
I wouldn't even try to argue... unless you are on a Macbook running Jaguar, Leopard, or mauling kitty cat, then I would say it's your OS.
*or quicktime

Cabalo
03-23-2011, 04:47 AM
Quicktime is even worse than iTunes, it's the most annoying piece of shit ever assembled.
And that shitty pathetic bonjour service.

The list could go on and on. Apple does crap software, that's a known fact. Just take a look at the latest Safari flaws.

mjmacky
03-23-2011, 06:31 AM
Quicktime is even worse than iTunes, it's the most annoying piece of shit ever assembled.
And that shitty pathetic bonjour service.

The list could go on and on. Apple does crap software, that's a known fact. Just take a look at the latest Safari flaws.
I couldn't imagine locking myself down to Windows/Internet Explorer/Outlook/WMP(streamserver)/*insert any random app where you have a microsoft default*. And then on top of that, only be able to easily install apps (and alternatives) from a Microsoft approved list... err marketplace.

I kind of doubt anyone is reading the articles, but to clarify, the gay cure app was published by Exodus International. It's some religious fervor bullshit (and Apple is A-OK with that).

Something Else
03-23-2011, 06:46 AM
I wouldn't need nor use one. I have the following three methods of writing at my disposal: scientific (proper); legal (very tightly, get my money back proper), and internet forum (parenthetical). I would have called the third one email, but I post more on forums than I write email (as far as word count goes). Your assumption has been invalidated, and I apologize for misleading you.

Why do you write like a spastic then. :unsure:

Something Else
03-23-2011, 06:47 AM

I posted about that the other day. Get with the programme.

mjmacky
03-23-2011, 06:52 AM

I posted about that the other day. Get with the programme.
You quoted that post twice in a row, so it's obviously a mistake on your part. Since there is no correct context, no point was made...

mjmacky
03-23-2011, 07:01 AM
Why do you write like a spastic then. :unsure:
You know, I've never been around any existence of a *British subculture to hear "spactic" used in any manner that doesn't mean "relating to muscular spasms" (e.g. spastic colon). But if I were asked to define it based on the way I've seen yourself and 2 others use it, I would say it's synonymous with witty, or maybe facetious. You also seem to be using it as a noun, which feels a little odd as well.

*British can be interchanged with any country, region or diaspora in which English is spoken with a funny little accent.

IdolEyes787
03-23-2011, 12:03 PM
Apple sucks, don't succumb to iRape (http://filesharingtalk.com/threads/431727-Apple-sucks-don-t-succumb-to-iRape/page2)

The act of rape requires that it is against a person's will and I don't see anyone holding a knife to people's throats forcing them to do anything here.

Barbarossa
03-23-2011, 01:33 PM
I won an ipod nano once, it's pretty good. I downloaded itunes, but only so I could rip CDs, I never use the store, like. (Buy music? WTF lol, I'm not biggles ffs!) :dry:

Errr so yeah, itunes does the job too, gets the songs off the cds and onto the ipods without too much fuss. So yeah. good.

Never bought anything made by apple like, but can't complain.

KFlint
03-23-2011, 03:37 PM
Don't understand this hate for Apple, you can't say that they aren't one of the most innovative company of the last 10 years. :mellow:

I'm happy with all the mac os products I own, not that I praise Apple or anything. Really don't see how iTunes is such a bad program, it gets the job done for me...

Something Else
03-23-2011, 05:49 PM
All this haping and raping. It's not good for anybody.

Skiz
03-23-2011, 06:09 PM
I won an ipod nano once, it's pretty good. I downloaded itunes, but only so I could rip CDs, I never use the store, like. (Buy music? WTF lol, I'm not biggles ffs!) :dry:

Errr so yeah, itunes does the job too, gets the songs off the cds and onto the ipods without too much fuss. So yeah. good.

Never bought anything made by apple like, but can't complain.

Don't understand this hate for Apple, you can't say that they aren't one of the most innovative company of the last 10 years. :mellow:

I'm haping with all the mac os products I own, not that I praise Apple or anything. Really don't see how iTunes is such a bad program, it gets the job done for me...

^Pretty much all that.

I used to despise iTunes. Hated, hated, hated, hated it. There's a few old threads around here where you could find me dishing out thorough rants about it. But when I started using iPhones back in '07, I was forced to use iTunes again, and not the current versions, that was like iTunes 3 and it was a heaping pile of laggy, crashing shit. But over the years they've fixed everything I disliked about it. I still use it with my current iPhone as well as to manage all my tunes and it's a pretty solid piece of software nowadays.

I also can't complain about Apple. In the rare instances I've had to call their customer service number, I've spoken to someone in my own country and they were the definition of customer service each time. They also make some pretty sweet laptops, but I just can't begin to justify the cost.

KFlint
03-23-2011, 06:15 PM

I had to check on google to find what haping meant, couldn't still figure and then : :pinch:

brotherdoobie
03-23-2011, 07:26 PM
I have enjoyed my "fatboy" iPod Nano for years. It's a great player. My daughter has an iPod shuffle. She loves it. However, I also have a Creative Zen, and my family has an assortment of mp3 players.

My point is that I'm not a fanboy of any particular product. I use what I like, and what I feel works well. I enjoy certain Apple products, and there are others that I feel suck bawls. I feel the same way about Microsoft and other software companies and their products

I can't speak ill of iTunes since I have never used it. I've always used Floola to rip CDs and manage my iPod's music.

I'm not that fond of Steve Jobs. He comes off as a arrogant prick, and just rubs me the wrong way. However, he did help turn Apple around when he came back.

I don't feel like he's the next incarnation of Satan, tho. Jon Bon Jovi seems to feel different however: http://news.cnet.com/8301-17852_3-20043351-71.html :dabs:

Peace, brotherdoobie

Something Else
03-23-2011, 07:42 PM

I had to check on google to find what haping meant, couldn't still figure and then : :pinch:

:lol: :earl:

mjmacky
03-23-2011, 07:53 PM
The act of rape requires that it is against a person's will and I don't see anyone holding a knife to people's throats forcing them to do anything here.
Rape comes in different flavors. The one I'm describing is NOT the violent confrontational type. The kind I'm talking about is the one where you go out with a couple of friends, and you meet some of their friends who seem cool enough. After lots of drinking the night just feels naturally fun, until you start feeling funny over that last salty shot you had. It's not the "that tequila seemed bad" bad, but "I feel like I'm leaving my body" bad. You wake up in the back seat of your car with your pants and boxer briefs crumpled up behind the passenger seat. You reach back and there's dry crusted blood and semen all over your ass cheeks and legs... and that's when you realize... you spent the night with Steve Jobs.

mjmacky
03-23-2011, 08:37 PM

I'm happy with all the mac os products I own, not that I praise Apple or anything. Really don't see how iTunes is such a bad program, it gets the job done for me...
Sure I can, Apple is not one of the most innovative companies in the last 10 years. They certainly didn't innovate technology, rather they designed and marketed successfully, then charged a ridiculously overpriced amount. That second thing is what people are really calling innovation, aka branded appeal, but that's been done by others in the past (put your own examples here, I'll give you some obvious ones... Nike, Rolex). Apple won't be the last to do it either, it's a scheme that will persist into the future, like what's happening now with "organic food". It impresses the simple minded, but as someone who has never been swept up with a brand and generally recognizes the population as manipulated sheep, it's just not impressive. So that would be why I CAN make the statement in the first sentence of my reply.

It was asked of me earlier, was there an incident in my past that lead me to be this way? Unfortunately yes, I grew up a very poor child. Because of this great misfortune, our family had always been forced to truly evaluate the worth or value of products compared to their price and make intelligent and well thought out decisions about consumer purchases. This was forced onto me at a young age, and I have also adopted this mentality. So while all the other kids were branded, I sought only the most comfortable clothing with a style I could personally agree with, and not any one piece of clothing over $10. I would get the Sega Genesis as the Saturns would come into play, get the PSOne 3-4 years after launch. I got all the same enjoyment, just later down the road. It's like avoiding the $13/mo to watch some excellent HBO show while it's first on, and just renting some 2 seasons at a blockbuster in one sitting (at least that's how I would have done it in the past).

Currently Apple is only riding its own marketing wave, their style is just an Apple style, their technology is not superseding (I could have sworn that's spelled with a 'c') any other technology, and they're still clinging to the same restrictive policies that have made their products shit in the past. Recently someone I know suffered from this affliction and spent $2000 on a laptop, when I could have easily found one with better hardware, a nice design, and ran a newer version of Linux on it (he was MS weary). This genuinely pains me, to see someone so fresh a victim, and only a little bit of time will pass before he realizes what a mistake it was, since I personally take it upon myself to show them better products at better prices after the fact. Yes, I am that much of a dick to my friends, it should make all the more sense of my exaggerated personality here.

brotherdoobie
03-23-2011, 08:58 PM

Sure I can, Apple is not one of the most innovative companies in the last 10 years. They certainly didn't innovate technology, rather they designed and marketed successfully, then charged a ridiculously overpriced amount. That second thing is what people are really calling innovation, aka branded appeal, but that's been done by others in the past (put your own examples here, I'll give you some obvious ones... Nike, Rolex). Apple won't be the last to do it either, it's a scheme that will persist into the future, like what's happening now with "organic food". It impresses the simple minded, but as someone who has never been swept up with a brand and generally recognizes the population as manipulated sheep, it's just not impressive. So that would be why I CAN make the statement in the first sentence of my reply.

It was asked of me earlier, was there an incident in my past that lead me to be this way? Unfortunately yes, I grew up a very poor child. Because of this great misfortune, our family had always been forced to truly evaluate the worth or value of products compared to their price and make intelligent and well thought out decisions about consumer purchases. This was forced onto me at a young age, and I have also adopted this mentality. So while all the other kids were branded, I sought only the most comfortable clothing with a style I could personally agree with, and not any one piece of clothing over $10. I would get the Sega Genesis as the Saturns would come into play, get the PSOne 3-4 years after launch. I got all the same enjoyment, just later down the road. It's like avoiding the $13/mo to watch some excellent HBO show while it's first on, and just renting some 2 seasons at a blockbuster in one sitting (at least that's how I would have done it in the past).

Currently Apple is only riding its own marketing wave, their style is just an Apple style, their technology is not superseding (I could have sworn that's spelled with a 'c') any other technology, and they're still clinging to the same restrictive policies that have made their products shit in the past. Recently someone I know suffered from this affliction and spent $2000 on a laptop, when I could have easily found one with better hardware, a nice design, and ran a newer version of Linux on it (he was MS weary). This genuinely pains me, to see someone so fresh a victim, and only a little bit of time will pass before he realizes what a mistake it was, since I personally take it upon myself to show them better products at better prices after the fact. Yes, I am that much of a dick to my friends, it should make all the more sense of my exaggerated personality here. I'm a cheap bastard.

/fixed.

-doobs

Skiz
03-23-2011, 11:13 PM
I don't feel like he's the next incarnation of Satan, tho. Jon Bon Jovi seems to feel different however: http://news.cnet.com/8301-17852_3-20043351-71.html :dabs:

That says he called Jobs, "personally responsible for killing the music business." You can't argue with the enormous success of iTunes or the numbers it's put up. What a moran.

http://www.engadget.com/2010/02/24/apple-serves-up-10-billionth-itune-smiles-all-the-way-to-the-ba/

Cabalo
03-24-2011, 03:04 AM
It seems someone read this thread.
That gay's cure app was removed: http://mashable.com/2011/03/23/apple-removes-gay-cure/

mjmacky
03-24-2011, 12:19 PM
It seems someone read this thread.
That gay's cure app was removed: http://mashable.com/2011/03/23/apple-removes-gay-cure/
The news of it spread rather rapidly, after all there's a lot of tech (err prog) people out there that despise the app approval process. So when they pull some shit like this, word gets around quickly. It was an inflammatory decision made by Apple given the context. I didn't doubt it was going to be removed either, but it doesn't undo the fact that they reviewed it and found nothing objectionable.

mjmacky
03-24-2011, 12:21 PM
I'm a cheap bastard.
/fixed.
My 3rd grade book report
/clarified

Squeamous
03-25-2011, 02:16 AM
I have two rules when thinking of buying new technology: don't buy it until it's been out at least a few years (the time it takes to iron out the kinks), and then pore over Which? magazine to get the best model for me. I seem to remember Creative came out on top on price and value for money last time I bought an MP3 player and that's why I bought a Zen XFi, but I would get an Apple product if it rated well. Most of the anti-Apple brigade are just contrarians who believe they are purer and more whole human beings when separating themselves from mere mortals and do not wish to sedate themselves with 'the opiates of the masses'. Sometimes they ponder on their individuality as they sit on tube trains listening to RATM loudly on their non-Apple MP3 players, sneaking furtive, hopeful glances at the women sat in the carriage also, wondering if these women have any idea they are sat right next to greatness. They don't though, because all they see is a pathetic scrawny web designer with bad tattoos on his puny arms, wanking over his own brilliance.

mjmacky
03-25-2011, 04:43 AM
Most of the anti-Apple brigade are just contrarians who believe they are purer and more whole human beings when separating themselves from mere mortals and do not wish to sedate themselves with 'the opiates of the masses'
Though I am personally above mere mortals, and revel in contrarianism, they're surprisingly not the reason I'm anti-Apple. That might qualify for other companies with a much broader spectrum, but Apple is just too specific. They have:
iPod - MP3/music/video player
iPhone - a touch screen phone with iOS
Macbook - a laptop
iPad - tablet computer on iOS
then the less successful Apple TV (media device) and desktop (a computer that is harder to move around than a laptop).
So, for each of these Apple devices, there are numerous devices that are much more versatile, equipped, and cheaper than their iCounterparts.

What I am contrary to, is the idea that the iVersion of any of these product classes is the top of the class. Even if they sell more, it doesn't make them the better purchase...

I remember a few professors going on about when they do presentations, they must have a Macbook. As if it was some faux pas to connect your PC laptop to the projector when travelling. It was slightly based on the concept the video-out port, like it was some voodoo to make a signal to the projector. So essentially, you're paying an EXTRA $1000 to avoid learning how Windows handles external displays (though admittedly I don't really like XP's method/reliance on CCC or nVidia control panel for cloning displays in some situations). Just shit like that bothers me.

megabyteme
03-25-2011, 05:52 AM
Cheap simply brings more choices, and the ability to do more that matters to you (extra projects around the house).

That's what we are doing, and I am literally scrambling to get the best deals on every single item so that we can get these major renovations done. I'm freakin' swamped.

mjmacky
03-25-2011, 06:41 AM
Cheap simply brings more choices, and the ability to do more that matters to you (extra projects around the house).

That's what we are doing, and I am literally scrambling to get the best deals on every single item so that we can get these major renovations done. I'm freakin' swamped.
Botched quote or over my head?

iLOVENZB
03-26-2011, 01:05 AM
http://i.imgur.com/DEuAG.jpg

brotherdoobie
03-27-2011, 05:42 AM
I have two rules when thinking of buying new technology: don't buy it until it's been out at least a few years (the time it takes to iron out the kinks), and then pore over Which? magazine to get the best model for me. I seem to remember Creative came out on top on price and value for money last time I bought an MP3 player and that's why I bought a Zen XFi, but I would get an Apple product if it rated well. Most of the anti-Apple brigade are just contrarians who believe they are purer and more whole human beings when separating themselves from mere mortals and do not wish to sedate themselves with 'the opiates of the masses'. Sometimes they ponder on their individuality as they sit on tube trains listening to RATM loudly on their non-Apple MP3 players, sneaking furtive, hopeful glances at the women sat in the carriage also, wondering if these women have any idea they are sat right next to greatness. They don't though, because all they see is a pathetic scrawny web designer with bad tattoos on his puny arms, wanking over his own brilliance.To be fair, that mindset describes Mac fanatics perfectly, too. The "Window lickers" just happened to adopt it after years of constantly hearing the "MacNuggets perpetual hyperbole.

How have you been, btw. I hope well.

-doobs

Squeamous
03-30-2011, 01:10 PM
To be fair, that mindset describes Mac fanatics perfectly, too. The "Window lickers" just happened to adopt it after years of constantly hearing the "MacNuggets perpetual hyperbole.

How have you been, btw. I hope well.

-doobs

Afternoon hunny x
Well in the body if not well in the head. You know how it is!

mjmacky
04-30-2011, 12:48 PM
http://filesharingtalk.com/nzbs/tv/webdl720/33123-South-Park-S15E01-HumancentiPad-720p-WEB-DL-AAC2.0-H.264-MC

Biggles
04-30-2011, 01:46 PM
To quote the splendid current iadvert

If you don't have an iphone how the fuck can we trace your every move!

Or something like that.

NotLettingItGo
04-30-2011, 09:21 PM
If that worries you, then you probably don't want to read this (http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/04/22/google_android_privacy_concerns/), or put the mac address of your wifi router into here (http://samy.pl/androidmap/).

Alternatively if you think that it might be quite a nice feature to have your phone show you how to get somewhere, or even locate where you are when you're lost, read it in the knowledge that without infrastructure like this, all those things become much less accurate and much more prone to error.

Biggles
04-30-2011, 11:41 PM
If that worries you, then you probably don't want to read this (http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/04/22/google_android_privacy_concerns/), or put the mac address of your wifi router into here (http://samy.pl/androidmap/).

Alternatively if you think that it might be quite a nice feature to have your phone show you how to get somewhere, or even locate where you are when you're lost, read it in the knowledge that without infrastructure like this, all those things become much less accurate and much more prone to error.

My phone is not that smart so it doesn't bother me overly. It does rather seem though that our technology is a two edged sword if in the wrong hands.

NotLettingItGo
05-01-2011, 02:27 AM
Doesn't matter how smart your phone is, the network provider can pinpoint you down to about 10 metres anyway. That's how the emergency services know where you are should you ever call them on a mobile.

Newer technology is just extending location services to everyone, and of course the only way phone manufacturers can do that (across multiple network providers in multiple countries) is to create their own geo-location system, using cell location, and wifi hotspot locations. Lots of phones come with GPS, but that drains the battery quite quickly, so wifi and cell location systems are far less draining to use. But of course they need a big database of where the cells and wifi hot spots are for it to be able to work. That's all this is. Apple should really change their iPhones to be an opt-in system (like Google), but they're Apple so I wouldn't hold your breath for that. They have already committed to fix the never ending location cache that the iPhone keeps, reducing it down to 7 days. As well as committing to fix other issues with it.

Google maps whips every SatNav systems arse on an Android system, the Apple map system isn't so good for navigation, but has this wonderful compass capability built into it, so it can actually show you which way you're facing on the map. I think it's good stuff.

All technology is a double edged sword, always has been, and always will be.

Biggles
05-01-2011, 09:21 AM
Especially two edged swords

NotLettingItGo
05-01-2011, 09:50 AM
And excepting single edged swords of course ;-)

mjmacky
05-31-2011, 11:26 PM
Another douche maneuver by Apple. A 17-year old kid designs his own conversion kit to make a white iPhone enclosure, so Apple hunts him down and sues him. Actually, since he was a minor, they went after his parents. They're also looking to rape his child when it's born. Story in the articles section, and linked below:
Apple sues teenager for white iPhone conversion kits (http://filesharingtalk.com/content/1074-Apple-sues-teenager-for-white-iPhone-conversion-kits)

haincha
06-03-2011, 12:48 AM
He was purchasing illegal parts from a factory worker. These were legitimate parts that Apple paid for. They were not seeing a dime of it. So, I believe that Apple had every right to sue this kid. I am sure the factory worker in china was fired too.

Eh, Apple has a way better designed OS and iOS than anything Windows.

mjmacky
06-03-2011, 04:57 AM
He was purchasing illegal parts from a factory worker. These were legitimate parts that Apple paid for. They were not seeing a dime of it. So, I believe that Apple had every right to sue this kid. I am sure the factory worker in china was fired too.

Eh, Apple has a way better designed OS and iOS than anything Windows.

Don't know if you're trolling or just an iDiot, but it needs to be pointed out that you made incorrect statements either on purpose or out of ignorance. You should post a source if I you want to even begin to try correcting my previous statement. Like this:
http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/152844/20110526/apple-settles-trademark-suit-with-teenager.htm
So the kid bought parts from Foxconn, then packaged and sold them as a white conversion kit. Apple's legal claim was based on his not being authorized to sell Apple merchandise.

As for your second point, thanks for your opinion, but I already assumed you were an iTard. I'm guessing you don't know how to use computers very well either. Now I'm not saying every Apple user is completely clueless, but that I feel confident in making a judgment call on any particular Apple user's technological deficiency based on their first remarks about Apple products. It was not based on him stealing parts paid for by Apple, as you suggested.

Apple is just focusing on what matters most to them, absolute control of their image. Don't you love how everyone's phone looks the same, yeah I bet you do.

Hello! New here, hope to get to know some of the regulars.
Hi, I'm a regular. Your game is weak

haincha
06-03-2011, 05:25 AM
I never said he stole them from Apple. I am saying he purchased parts from Foxcon Apple already paid to have them manufactured. Umm, as being a third year computer science major. I would like to think I am pretty well versed in computers. Just because I use a much better OS than Windows, doesn't mean I am retarded.

mjmacky
06-03-2011, 05:32 AM
I never said he stole them from Apple. I am saying he purchased parts from Foxcon Apple already paid to have them manufactured. Umm, as being a third year computer science major. I would like to think I am pretty well versed in computers. Just because I use a much better OS than Windows, doesn't mean I am retarded.

If he physically obtains parts that Apple paid for, whether or not he paid for them, then there's still an unresolved case of theft. This isn't what happened, period.

Get a degree before trying to take credit for being adept, the fact that you're flunking out of college doesn't really help you. You're hopeful, so I guess that's working for you? Apple fanboism and inability to comprehend news stories disagree with your last statement.

Something Else
06-04-2011, 12:04 AM
Says the boy who used the words suck, cum and rape in the thread title. :no:

mjmacky
06-04-2011, 03:13 AM
Says the boy who used the words suck, cum and rape in the thread title. :no:

I'll make a new thread, titled suck the cum out of a rape whistle. In there, you can describe the point you're trying to make. Scratch that, I doubt such simple ramblings would be interesting.

iLOVENZB
06-04-2011, 05:19 AM
Neither is discussing about Apple but we're already up to post 48 :P.

mjmacky
06-04-2011, 10:09 AM
Neither is discussing about Apple but we're already up to post 48 :P.

I actually agree, even though I created this thread. I was in a nasal pinch mood over someone letting themselves get screwed over by Apple merchandise one day and wanted to rant in an anti-apple thread. I didn't find one specifically, so I created one. Although, no real need to post about Apple hear, which is why I made it a lounge thread. I tend to mostly post off topic myself.

iLOVENZB
06-04-2011, 02:07 PM
Pretty sure it's an unspoken rule that anything in the lounge should never stay ontopic. Some inspiring, creative trolls here on FST.

One thing we can't argue is the aesthetics of Apple products. Nice and clean, nothing like what hardcore PC users seem to pride themselves on.

I made the mistake of purchasing a Thermeltake V9 (http://www.thermaltake.com.au/Products/Chassis/VJ40001W2Z/V9.aspx). The case only has one red led at the front and that's enough to distract me all night. I ended up creating a little blind for the front of it, I can't imagine any serious air flow blockages.

Although:

http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53727 :blink:

mjmacky
06-04-2011, 09:35 PM
Pretty sure it's an unspoken rule that anything in the lounge should never stay ontopic. Some inspiring, creative trolls here on FST.

One thing we can't argue is the aesthetics of Apple products. Nice and clean, nothing like what hardcore PC users seem to pride themselves on.

I made the mistake of purchasing a Thermeltake V9 (http://www.thermaltake.com.au/Products/Chassis/VJ40001W2Z/V9.aspx). The case only has one red led at the front and that's enough to distract me all night. I ended up creating a little blind for the front of it, I can't imagine any serious air flow blockages.

Although:

http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53727 :blink:

I don't know about that case, how well do Legos transfer heat? I'm currently using THIS (http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/2009/06/01/computex-2009-hardware-preview/8). Don't get me started on Apple aesthetics though, it's not the best looking, but completely lacks variety in the product line.

OlegL
06-05-2011, 03:31 AM
I own only one apple product: an ipod.

mjmacky
06-05-2011, 05:09 AM
It's really difficult to justify the ownership of an ipod nowadays, financially. Your phone will do most of the things it wants to do, and even if you want a small device to listen to music while you exercise or whatever, how about a Walkman. You have to realize how much it hurts me to have just recommended a Sony product, but it's a hell of a lot cheaper than an iPod and allows you to use it as USB mass storage, just simply drag and drop your music in with no special software necessary. Lesser of two evils in this case. Actually there others, but I can't vouch for them like COBY, Sandisk, and Archos (which is apparently taking a beating over terrible hardware). I would probably try out the COBY, gets good reviews, nice design.

iLOVENZB
06-05-2011, 06:55 AM
Why on earth wouldn't you use a phone? SD cards are cheap as chips these days and they're small enough to fit in your pocket (shock horror).

mjmacky
06-05-2011, 01:52 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/f2/Nicotine_stains10.JPG

Off topic is one thing, but this is just J-Dye irrelevance. Just want to let you know you're not welcome in my threads. You've never contributed anything but drivel that I've seen.

mjmacky
06-05-2011, 02:13 PM
this is pretty elite ...

where do i sit ?

you sit on the spambot list

mjmacky
06-25-2011, 08:02 PM
Bump

I think I understand a little more about why I despise Apple fanboism. They blindly follow the Apple brand like a religion, which now is supported by a study:

Apple triggers 'religious' reaction in fans' brains, report says (http://www.cnn.com/2011/TECH/gaming.gadgets/05/19/apple.religion/)

megabyteme
06-25-2011, 08:13 PM
You mentioned an In-Win case a couple posts ago, macky. I've never gotten into any kind of modding, but I have purchased a few In-Win cases from Newegg, and have been pleased with them- especially for the price. My friends have all enjoyed the PCs I have built for them, and have never had any complaints about the cases, either.

As for the phone vs a dedicated music player, I am actually drawn towards purchase of a smartphone so that it will take place of devices like the iPud.

mjmacky
06-25-2011, 08:32 PM
You mentioned an In-Win case a couple posts ago, macky. I've never gotten into any kind of modding, but I have purchased a few In-Win cases from Newegg, and have been pleased with them- especially for the price. My friends have all enjoyed the PCs I have built for them, and have never had any complaints about the cases, either.

As for the phone vs a dedicated music player, I am actually drawn towards purchase of a smartphone so that it will take place of devices like the iPud.

I fucking love my In Win Maelstrom. The design is absolutely everything I wanted from in a case. The only drawbacks I experienced are that I can no longer fit my computer under my desk (though moving it outside seems to be a better setup) and the things that look like handles cannot be used to lift the case (the front panel could detach and probably lead to you dropping the case, but it can be used to move it around on the ground).

I'm admittedly a huge Android supporter. Because of I have easy root, and get to fix and tweak shit using a SQL editor directly on the phone if it doesn't work exactly the way I want it to. After messing around on an Apple phone, I found most of it doesn't work at all in the way I would want it to, and there's very little recourse. That could be said about all Apple products (MacNoRighClickNoHDMIbook, iTouchKids, ApplePretendToBeTV, iDropPhoneCalls, etc.).

Also, MBM, your iStalker comment reminded me to update this thread with that story, which is why I bumped it.

megabyteme
06-25-2011, 09:28 PM
The InWin cases I remember purchasing (it is a brand that I immediately search through when asked to do a build) have all been on the smaller size. I would easily put them along with Antec as being reliable, and not poorly designed- which for me means reliable, and not excruciating to work inside.

Which Android are you currently using? I am in a bit of a search, but only halfheartedly (due to finances). Essentially, I am looking now so I can grab a great, tried-and-tested smartphone when the price drops to next-to-nothing at my local Costo. The easy choice seems to be an iPhone, but I do not like the company more than anything. I'm not particularly fond of the company's cult-like following, either. It's just kinda weird, TBH.

I am kinda torn on the existence of Apple. On one hand, it provides an alternative to Windows (which is good), but the tight-fisted control, and refusal to accept standards like Flash is just at odds with consumer needs. The mouse has always puzzled me, too. "Weird ass flipper thing" is what I tend to refer to it as. People usually know what I am talking about. My point is, it's great to have a competing company. However, one who refuses to offer its customers with valuable competing products is just being stubborn for the sake of being "different". Not to mention, the cost is higher for being without these features.

mjmacky
06-26-2011, 03:20 AM
Which Android are you currently using? I am in a bit of a search, but only halfheartedly (due to finances). Essentially, I am looking now so I can grab a great, tried-and-tested smartphone when the price drops to next-to-nothing at my local Costo.

I'm on the Galaxy S, it has many different names (captivate, vibrant, epic, etc.). If you can get that one or Nexus S, those have great hardware, look nice, have gorilla glass (not easy to scratch/break). On the other hand, it "almost" doesn't matter which device you get as long as you like the way it feels and looks... the software experience will be what you wish it to be. I am running Cognition 4.1 on mine, which is a custom ROM based on Froyo (Android OS 2.2+). So whatever you can get a deal on is what I'm recommending.

Alternatively, if you feel you have to resort to iPhone, you have the option of jailbreaking it in the future, though I don't think anyone has successfully run Android on an iphone4 at this point. After looking into it a little, the idroid project is working on it but it looks like they need money (http://www.idroidproject.org/wiki/Donations) to expedite the process. I personally think it's a waste to put forth money to an iphone to run android, but sometimes there are just deals out there that avoid the extremely high price of apple branding.

Speedo
07-05-2011, 05:25 PM
So the lesson learned is to use linux.

If you got the brains for it that is.

mjmacky
07-05-2011, 09:12 PM
Win7 or Linux is what I was hoping would be the takeaway message.

mjmacky
08-09-2011, 05:14 PM
So, while I was on my road trip and was in San Francisco, I met up with an in-law related family member that works for Apple. I shared my views about their company, business model, and general disgust of their products (which is mostly on the software side). He was surprised to hear a lot of it, explaining that he never met a person that didn't like Apple and was fascinated by my hate. So, is San Francisco their religious epicenter or something? I mean I know they operate out of there... but still...

NotLettingItGo
08-09-2011, 05:44 PM
Eeeewwww :sick::sick::sick::sick:

You have a family member who works for Apple.

iLOVENZB
08-10-2011, 08:40 AM
So, while I was on my road trip and was in San Francisco, I met up with an in-law related family member that works for Apple. I shared my views about their company, business model, and general disgust of their products (which is mostly on the software side). He was surprised to hear a lot of it, explaining that he never met a person that didn't like Apple and was fascinated by my hate. So, is San Francisco their religious epicenter or something? I mean I know they operate out of there... but still...

I think you'll only find Apple haters on the internet. Very rarely would a stereotypical PC user confront with a measly Apple user in todays world. I mean, I've never even bothered to reason with them. They usually tell me their complaints I just sit there and wonder "WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU STILL USING A MAC THEN????"

To be fair though, I don't really have any issue with Mac's aesthetics. They're quite sexy. Go to a hardcore PC user and their whole basement will be lit up like a Christmas tree and their box will be as tall as a bar fridge.

I've only got 1 red LED light on my rig and I regret every night after I put it in. When I go to bed I can still see the LED through the cracks of a door. Why ppl feel the need to dress their box to look like an Autobot is beyond me.

mjmacky
08-20-2011, 08:15 PM
"The Netherlands court filing came as part of Apple's legal crusade against Google Inc. (GOOG) and its hardware partners. Unable to compete against Google's Android operating system on the free market, Apple has come up with the creative solution of trying to use lawsuits to remove Google from the market altogether." Source (http://filesharingtalk.com/content/1376-Apple-Caught-Using-Photoshop-to-Fake-More-Pics-in-Lawsuits)

So Apple doctors images of Samsung Galaxy products trying to claim a copyright infringement of their product image and gets an injunction that prevents Android sales in European countries. Bravo, Apple, your company is fucking slime through and through.

83699 83700

NotLettingItGo
08-21-2011, 02:21 PM
That first picture is wrong. The Galaxy S that is laying down should have rotated the screen.

iLOVENZB
08-21-2011, 02:38 PM
Maybe he disabled auto-rotate? I know you can do it on the A50, I assume you can do it on any Android device.

NotLettingItGo
08-21-2011, 03:01 PM
Nah! It's just a bad photoshop job, you know it is. That's a stock image and if you search Google images, you can find hundreds of different sites using it.

mjmacky
08-21-2011, 03:26 PM
Actually the ability to rotate the homescreen didn't arrive until 2.3 or some of the homebrew mods of 2.2, wasn't there in 2.1.

NotLettingItGo
08-21-2011, 04:05 PM
Actually the ability to rotate the homescreen didn't arrive until 2.3 or some of the homebrew mods of 2.2, wasn't there in 2.1.

Nope sorry, 2.2 did it, 2.3 does it. 2.3 is available for the Galaxy S, and the SII comes with 2.3. The screen should be rotated.

halo9176
08-21-2011, 04:22 PM
I'm not a fan of apple either. I don't know if I'll ever buy an apple product.

mjmacky
08-21-2011, 04:53 PM

Nope sorry, 2.2 did it, 2.3 does it. 2.3 is available for the Galaxy S, and the SII comes with 2.3. The screen should be rotated.

Galaxy S first released with Eclair, 2.1. I'm on Froyo 2.2 via Cognition 4.1.

NotLettingItGo
08-21-2011, 05:31 PM

You should update it to 2.3 http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/detail/supportPrdDetail.do?menu=SP01&prd_ia_cd=1903&prd_mdl_cd=GT-I9000HKDXEU&prd_mdl_name=GT-I9000&srchword=Galaxy+S

mjmacky
08-21-2011, 11:46 PM

You should update it to 2.3 http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/detail/supportPrdDetail.do?menu=SP01&prd_ia_cd=1903&prd_mdl_cd=GT-I9000HKDXEU&prd_mdl_name=GT-I9000&srchword=Galaxy+S

I'd rather not, it's a bit annoying to set up all my system settings and apps again

scrappen
08-26-2011, 03:14 PM
I have an iPhone because I'm cool! It's a known fact that deep down, everybody wants one. Those who badmouths it aswell as other Apple products are people who can't afford them and they are just jealous of people like me!

NotLettingItGo
08-26-2011, 03:33 PM
I have an iPhone because I'm cool! It's a known fact that deep down, everybody wants one. Those who badmouths it aswell as other Apple products are people who can't afford them and they are just jealous of people like me!

As opposed to those of us who own iPhone 4s and are happy to declare them the worst mobile phone we've ever had you mean?

iLOVENZB
08-26-2011, 03:40 PM

As opposed to those of us who own iPhone 4s and are happy to declare them the worst mobile phone we've ever had you mean?

With regards to the old iPhone 4 signal issue:

http://lh5.ggpht.com/__yGAwoTVvQg/TCoI08m_i5I/AAAAAAAAGEM/qM71iB1iz0I/500x_steve-jobs-full-bars%5B3%5D.jpg

Well done Steve Job, R.I.P..

teflon05
08-26-2011, 03:42 PM

Really? Is it jailbroken? I recently switched from a android based phone, that was constantly locking up. (Although I admit it was a bottom of the line LG POS) And have to admit I'm pretty happy with it, in comparison. Never had it lock up or give me any trouble at all so far...And I'm not a Apple fan in any way shape or form. I just have several friends who had them, & they highly recommended them.

NotLettingItGo
08-26-2011, 04:11 PM
Yep, really. Not jailbroken. Just crap. I can have four bars of signal strength and still every single conversation is broken up... calls regularly fail... it's a nice enough gadget, it's just a completely crappy phone. Oh and I'm not alone... I work in a company of several hundred people... and we all now have iPhone 4s and they're all the same.

We regularly have to end conversations with each other and have one person go and find a landline in order to have any kind of conversation at all, because the combination of having two crappy iPhones talking to each other makes any kind of conversation impossible. We have people who are desperately trying to keep hold of old Nokia phones to avoid going to iPhone 4s... which is against the company policy.

It will lock up on you at some point. It will refuse to dial at some point as well, and you'll need to reboot it then.

scrappen
08-26-2011, 04:43 PM
Really? Is it jailbroken? Although I don't share scrappens elitist BS attitude, I recently switched from a android based phone, that was constantly locking up. (Although I admit it was a bottom of the line LG POS) And have to admit I'm pretty happy with it, in comparison. Never had it lock up or give me any trouble at all so far...And I'm not a Apple fan in any way shape or form. I just have several friends who had them, & they highly recommended them.

Perhaps it didn't shine through but I was being sarcastic on account of the Apple fanboys. I do however use an iPhone 4 at work and i have never experienced any signal problems (or any other problem with it for that matter) during the year i've had it.

rejectOfAllah: do you by any chance live in USA or somewhere else where the cellular infrastructure is crap? If so, perhaps that is part of the problem? :P

NotLettingItGo
08-26-2011, 04:45 PM
Perhaps it didn't shine through but I was being sarcastic on account of the Apple fanboys. I do however use an iPhone 4 at work and i have never experienced any signal problems (or any other problem with it for that matter) during the year i've had it.

rejectOfAllah: do you by any chance live in USA or somewhere else where the cellular infrastructure is crap? If so, perhaps that is part of the problem? :P

No I live in the UK, and I travel all over the UK.

teflon05
08-26-2011, 05:03 PM
Really? Is it jailbroken? Although I don't share scrappens elitist BS attitude, I recently switched from a android based phone, that was constantly locking up. (Although I admit it was a bottom of the line LG POS) And have to admit I'm pretty happy with it, in comparison. Never had it lock up or give me any trouble at all so far...And I'm not a Apple fan in any way shape or form. I just have several friends who had them, & they highly recommended them.

Perhaps it didn't shine through but I was being sarcastic on account of the Apple fanboys. I do however use an iPhone 4 at work and i have never experienced any signal problems (or any other problem with it for that matter) during the year i've had it

In that case, I retract my statement & apologize.

No I live in the UK, and I travel all over the UK.

I'm not familiar with UK providers, so I don't know if that has anything to do with it or not. I'm with Verizon in the US myself, & I've rarely had any problems with dropped calls. I jailbroke mine right after I got it, due to Apple not allowing certain apps in their so-called app store. The only real complaint I've had with it, is that it seems so damn fragile....It's like carrying around a damn piece of china...Had to go get one of those Otter Boxes, which also wasn't cheap :dry:

iLOVENZB
08-27-2011, 01:55 AM
I believe that Verizon fixed the signal issue teflon.

http://nexus404.com/Blog/2011/01/16/verizon-iphone-4-antenna-design-fixes-death-grip-new-verizon-iphone-4-antenna-addresses-signal-loss-issue-from-grip-of-death-according-to-antenna-expert/

Cheese
08-27-2011, 06:50 AM
Yep, really. Not jailbroken. Just crap. I can have four bars of signal strength and still every single conversation is broken up... calls regularly fail... it's a nice enough gadget, it's just a completely crappy phone. Oh and I'm not alone... I work in a company of several hundred people... and we all now have iPhone 4s and they're all the same.

We regularly have to end conversations with each other and have one person go and find a landline in order to have any kind of conversation at all, because the combination of having two crappy iPhones talking to each other makes any kind of conversation impossible. We have people who are desperately trying to keep hold of old Nokia phones to avoid going to iPhone 4s... which is against the company policy.

It will lock up on you at some point. It will refuse to dial at some point as well, and you'll need to reboot it then.

Sounds like your company needs to get an obvious signal issue sorted out/investigated. I work for a company where nearly everyone has iPhone 4s with no such trouble at all.

What network are you with?

Edit: I'm not a massive fan of Apple products btw. I think they make a good product but they're too expensive. My next upgrade will be an Android as was my recent tablet purchase.

NotLettingItGo
08-27-2011, 09:29 PM
Sounds like your company needs to get an obvious signal issue sorted out/investigated. I work for a company where nearly everyone has iPhone 4s with no such trouble at all.

Edit: I'm not a massive fan of Apple products btw. I think they make a good product but they're too expensive. My next upgrade will be an Android as was my recent tablet purchase.

We're all on Vodaphone... except one bloke who is on Orange... and his iPhone suffers the same problems.

TBH I'm not arsed who makes the technology I have, as long as it actually works... like I said the iPhone 4 is a nice enough gadget, but it's just no good as a phone... at least not in my experience. It's re-enforced my view that traditional companies produce better products. So if you want a digital camera, buy it from a camera manufacturer, not a computer company. If you want a mobile phone, you'll be better off with one from a mobile phone company, than with one from a computer company... etc, etc...

mjmacky
08-27-2011, 10:55 PM
My TV monitor was produced by a desktop/laptop manufacturer, and it fucking blows.

NotLettingItGo
08-27-2011, 11:43 PM
My TV monitor was produced by a desktop/laptop manufacturer, and it fucking blows.

Really. Who made it?

mjmacky
08-28-2011, 12:24 AM
HP

No "just scan" feature, minimal resolution support, an LCD that started burning in 15 minutes images after the first week that's gotten progressively worse.

iLOVENZB
08-28-2011, 03:18 AM

We're all on Vodaphone... except one bloke who is on Orange... and his iPhone suffers the same problems.

TBH I'm not arsed who makes the technology I have, as long as it actually works... like I said the iPhone 4 is a nice enough gadget, but it's just no good as a phone... at least not in my experience. It's re-enforced my view that traditional companies produce better products. So if you want a digital camera, buy it from a camera manufacturer, not a computer company. If you want a mobile phone, you'll be better off with one from a mobile phone company, than with one from a computer company... etc, etc...

Well the issue you have appears to be fixed in the U.S. thanks to Verizon.

http://filesharingtalk.com/threads/431727-Apple-sucks-don-t-succumb-to-iRape/page9?p=3608422&viewfull=1#post3608422

Do you have the fully sick case that Apple rolled out to fix the issue?

edit:

Also read this: http://www.tmz.com/2011/08/26/steve-jobs-apple-photo-resignation-ceo-sick#.Tlkc2WtGQxE

then view this: http://www.allthatisapple.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/Steve1.jpg

Those damn soap mags scooped to a new low!

brotherdoobie
08-28-2011, 04:32 AM
Still, neither of them makes their shit toys any more appealing.

Well, lad that's a bit of a misleading statement. Obviously,Apple produces appealing toys. It matters not the reason for their appeal -- It's there.

The Android experience I get is levels above the experience of having to mess around on an iPhone. Alright, so I got into it just a little, but oh well

I've had an iPhone. I enjoyed the quality of it's OS and its apps store (for sheer quantity and overall quality) I currently use a DroidX and I enjoy the Android market, and the idea of letting devs put their apps on the market, right away. However, the quality and quantity of the apps on the Android market need to improve.

I use what products works for me. It's simple, really.

Alright, so I got into it just a little, but oh well

Phone sex! :O

-doobs

mjmacky
08-28-2011, 09:44 AM
Well, lad that's a bit of a misleading statement. Obviously,Apple produces appealing toys. It matters not the reason for their appeal -- It's there.

I don't think it's misleading in the context I used it. I started off the tone for the devices to have little to no appeal and presented the app acceptance policies as being counter to their goal, thus no extra appeal added. I'm sympathetic to the developer's plight with this device. Sure the money's nice, but between Objective C and censorship, it's pretty fucking ridiculous.

Now since I am well oriented with computing and technology, the friends/family like to use me as a resource to help with issues. Usually I'm fine with it, but having to deal with fucking Apple's OS's, I'm fucking done with that. If anyone asks me now, I either say fuck you or "sorry, I've never even seen a(n) >>>insert device here<<< before", depending on the context of my relationship with the person. But Apple has inundated the market with their tech lately, whereas before my exposure to their devices was isolated in nice controlled environments. So now I am finding myself having to be more vocal and apparent with my growing disgust with Apple to repulse the notion that I will help anyone with whatever iShit they've got. This thread is more or less a byproduct of my stance. Otherwise, I wouldn't have cared enough to be such an active hater.

On top of that, I'm taken back by the prices people are paying for this crap. I actually had to go online to see the prices they charge for Macbook Pro because my friend was too embarrassed to admit how much he shelled out for his.

Quartr
09-02-2011, 07:39 PM
I think apples magnetic cover for the ipad is pretty cool. Easily the coolest thing they make. However anything with an apple OS on it, ill pass.

brotherdoobie
09-03-2011, 04:07 AM
Now since I am well oriented with computing and technology, the friends/family like to use me as a resource to help with issues. Usually I'm fine with it, but having to deal with fucking Apple's OS's, I'm fucking done with that. If anyone asks me now, I either say fuck you or "sorry, I've never even seen a(n) >>>insert device here<<< before", depending on the context of my relationship with the person. But Apple has inundated the market with their tech lately, whereas before my exposure to their devices was isolated in nice controlled environments. So now I am finding myself having to be more vocal and apparent with my growing disgust with Apple to repulse the notion that I will help anyone with whatever iShit they've got. This thread is more or less a byproduct of my stance. Otherwise, I wouldn't have cared enough to be such an active hater.

I have empathy for you and for your dealings with the Apple OS ( and Apple policy). I use Flash often, and web development is a pain in the ass on Apple's mobile devices, because of Apple not allowing Flash on their stuff, like.

On top of that, I'm taken back by the prices people are paying for this crap. I actually had to go online to see the prices they charge for Macbook Pro because my friend was too embarrassed to admit how much he shelled out for his.

Agreed^

-doobs

iLOVENZB
09-03-2011, 09:03 AM
doobie, aren't web devs moving more towards HTML5 because of the amount of people with iDevices?

brotherdoobie
09-03-2011, 09:37 AM
HTML5 will end up meeting most of one's needs; however Flash, Java, or something client based, will be needed for more complex apps.

Job's rants against Flash are flawed. He claims Flash is not secure and Apple's stack is. Well, Apple devices are jailbroken every day, via software flaws.

-doobs

Quarterquack
09-03-2011, 01:23 PM
HTML5 will end up meeting most of one's needs; however Flash, Java, or something client based, will be needed for more complex apps.

Job's rants against Flash are flawed. He claims Flash is not secure and Apple's stack is. Well, Apple devices are jailbroken every day, via software hardware flaws.

-doobs

Actually...

brotherdoobie
09-06-2011, 04:05 AM
^Both... actually.

-doobs

Quarterquack
09-06-2011, 09:09 AM
Touché!

mjmacky
09-06-2011, 01:00 PM
Who needed a wash now?

Quarterquack
09-06-2011, 03:51 PM
Who needed a wash now?

Depends. Are you offering lip or hand action?

iLOVENZB
09-06-2011, 04:05 PM
Who needed a wash now?

I'm sure there's a super-fucking-cool cover for that! Surprised designers dont create covers for covers ... you know just in case it gets scratched?

Quarterquack
09-06-2011, 05:52 PM
http://i.imgur.com/Yi4HQ.jpg vs. http://i.imgur.com/ULHyC.png

/argument

NotLettingItGo
09-06-2011, 09:52 PM
You can have colour pictures on an iPhone, so they're obviously better.

mjmacky
09-07-2011, 02:38 AM
Who needed a wash now?

Depends. Are you offering lip or hand action?

Just the hose, or an anagram if you prefer.

By the way, what's up with the pictures, I think I'm just looking at unlock screens and I recognize the one on the right. But my overanalysis style of thinking is distracting me. Am I looking at size of picture, screen clutter/color? Also, I have no idea what the one on the left is, I'm assuming it's Apple?

mjmacky
12-05-2011, 12:50 PM
Siri is pro-life, she thinks life starts at copulation and you shouldn't interfere with god's work. If you do the same search with Android based phone, it'll find them for you, so it's not the "wording".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=195vJGvvH-M

mjmacky
03-15-2012, 08:33 AM
103524 (http://www.explosm.net/comics/2735/)

ziggyjuarez
03-15-2012, 10:19 AM
I only buy Adidas, I only buy iso devices.they look better on me and when people see me on them they see style.its a brand thing partly.you just have to pay extra for the name.

Artemis
03-15-2012, 10:29 AM
I only buy Adidas, I only buy iso devices.they look better on me and when people see me on them they see style.its a brand thing partly.you just have to pay extra for the name.

Style in the trailerpark? :blink: One minute your semi-homeless, selling blood for drinking money, next your buying Adidas because of the style and you just have to pay the extra for the name.
Confused? I am.

Quarterquack
03-15-2012, 10:47 AM

Bahahahaha Adidas for style.

ziggyjuarez
03-15-2012, 10:56 AM
No laces either:01:

ziggyjuarez
03-15-2012, 11:00 AM
@art
I was just trying to imply that apple is a brand name a lot of people go for because it's in.not really a bad thing.we all do it.

Quarterquack
03-15-2012, 11:06 AM
Here, let me help you. Bostonian, Brutini, Klein. Hush Puppies acceptable for the weekend. And since apparently you live in a trailer park, you might want to muck around with American Eagle (the shoe brand, not the outfitting franchise) or State Street. Finances are a bitch.
Don't forget to thank me after your next interview.

Jesus. Adidas for style. What's next? Custom Nikes on the red carpet? People in the US, nowadays. :rolleyes:

mjmacky
03-15-2012, 11:10 AM
@art
I was just trying to imply that apple is a brand name a lot of people go for because it's in.not really a bad thing.we all do it.

No, not all of us do that. I personally think it's the dumbest way to make a consumer decision. I bet you have valcro strips on your shoes.

ziggyjuarez
03-15-2012, 11:13 AM
Eww old people shoes:sick:I own a nice pair of Stacy Adams for church.have an opinion on that?
Ps theyre my only shoes that have Valcro.

Quarterquack
03-15-2012, 11:15 AM
@art

Again, this is just like your Adidas analogy. Apple is not a good brand. It is a popular brand. There is a difference. Good brands are Falcon Northwest (computers), Lenovo (tablets), Zune (music), and Nokia (phones).

Apple makes some good products (when it comes to laptops and tablets especially), and then Apple makes bad products (TV sets, music players, desktops and phones especially). The standard separation between the two categories is how Apple stacks up against the competition. Purchases should be made based on a needs vs. value system, not an elitism association.

mjmacky
03-15-2012, 11:18 AM
Eww old people shoes:sick:I own a nice pair of Stacy Adams for church.have an opinion on that?
Ps theyre my only shoes that have Valcro.

Yeah, it's kind of silly to go to church when there is no such thing as god.

Quarterquack
03-15-2012, 11:18 AM

Disgusting leather, flimsy heels. Otherwise, solid shoes (when you pick the suede options, at least) and comfortable sizing options. Doesn't quite match up to the stuff I mentioned.

And they're not "old people shoes". They are shoes to stay looking sharp.

mjmacky
03-15-2012, 11:24 AM
Apple is not a good brand. It is a popular brand. There is a difference.

I brought this up before, but "popular" might be too nondescript a term. Apple is a religion to many that consume their merchandise at great expense.

ziggyjuarez
03-15-2012, 11:31 AM
Wouldn't it be nice if we all knew about your obscure tech brands but most people dont.I personally dislike the Mac OS but I see why people stick to it.they are used to it.one of the reasons I can't switch over to a Mac.and their are advantages to being popular in the tech department.i have never used another tablet but from what I see others don't have the software to match the specs.its because all the developers go to what's popular.Who wants to use something that won't even use it's full potential?not saying that these other tablets are not good.but for now they are being used for their full potential.

Quarterquack
03-15-2012, 11:41 AM

"Obscure tech brands". You just applied that label to Lenovo, Zune/Microsoft, and Nokia. Are you sure this is the right kind of argument to bless with your presence?

ziggyjuarez
03-15-2012, 11:42 AM
Maybe in the future we will all be using other OS's that are better.but it would take years even being that its better.I won't even use anything newer then windows xp.just like people won't switch from Mac.point being, people have different options on what makes a device great.sometimes it's just convenient to follow your brand.

Quarterquack
03-15-2012, 11:45 AM
You know your logic doesn't hold when Apple itself was on the verge of bankruptcy 15 years ago, only to have a market cap of $500b today.

People like change. People like good change. It's why Apple was successful incrementally every time they did something right. It's why Motorola was successful in 1981, Apple in 1984, and I can list hundreds more examples.

If Google actually releases its glasses hardware this year, I promise you, they will be mass adopted.

ziggyjuarez
03-15-2012, 11:57 AM
But when apple does it, They do it by creating a whole new catagory.creating new users that don't have to be mind fucked by switch their device.I never heard of portable music players that don't need CDs before the iPod.you can also do the same with the iPad.

mjmacky
03-15-2012, 12:04 PM
I never heard of portable music players that don't need CDs before the iPod.you can also do the same with the iPad.

mp3 players were out well before the ipod, tablets were out before the ipad, some of us don't wait to get out information from a marketing department.

Quarterquack
03-15-2012, 12:06 PM
But when apple does it, They do it by creating a whole new catagory.creating new users that don't have to be mind fucked by switch their device.I never heard of portable music players that don't need CDs before the iPod.you can also do the same with the iPad.

What? Apple invented fuckall. Before the iPod there were the Diamond Multimedia Rio PMP and the Eiger MPMan. Before the iPad there were a bunch of HP/Lenovo touch tablets, and Palm/Blackberry touch PDA's. Apple has always had their way paved for them.

That they are capable of jumping on the right bandwagon at the right time is a gift. But Apple (as far as I know) is not accredited with any original design patents. Just iteratives.

mjmacky
03-15-2012, 12:29 PM
Their success lies in the ability to get a bunch of halfwits to believe these alternate realities. I see a man standing around that we can't trust Obama because he's an Arab muslim and think, what an idiot. Apple sees that same guy and thinks, easy money.

Quarterquack
03-15-2012, 12:35 PM
Their success lies in the ability to get a bunch of halfwits to believe these alternate realities. I see a man standing around that we can't trust Obama because he's an Arab muslim and think, what an idiot. Apple sees that same guy and thinks, easy money.

Apparently: Ive, Apple's main industrial designer, is always accredited with great design. I recently heard a story about him trying to pass light through Aluminium in an effort to make a neater looking product when it came to Macbooks. What physics?

manker
03-15-2012, 12:46 PM
I think ziggy's right. for a lot of reasons I'm not going to write about.
Further to that, Darky's use of neat and sharp as adjectives make me think he is out of touch with kids today.

ziggyjuarez
03-15-2012, 12:53 PM
Did I say apple invented the mp3 or the tablet?no.just that they bring things to the masses by improvement along with again being popular.i would hate to see where we would be in both departments w/o apple.
Enjoy your blackberry.

mjmacky
03-15-2012, 12:55 PM

You'd have to be more specific, or am I to assume that you think we should all be wearing Stacy Adams to church?

mjmacky
03-15-2012, 12:56 PM
Did I say apple invented the mp3 or the tablet?no.

You misspelled it, but it still carries the same sentiment

They do it by creating a whole new catagory.

ziggyjuarez
03-15-2012, 01:03 PM
Vast improvement, Is a whole new catagory.

mjmacky
03-15-2012, 01:09 PM

:slap:

manker
03-15-2012, 01:10 PM

You'd have to be more specific, or am I to assume that you think we should all be wearing Stacy Adams to church?
I've never met the girl and I'm not sure, given the context, what the verb means and if 'to church' is a euphemism or not.

Beyond that, I think jiggy is right because what he is trying to say is that he doesn't really care if Adidas make the most functional chavsuits, or if they can compete with the price of similar clothes, he will buy Adidas because that brand is approved of by his peers and he likes how it looks.

The consumer is often less than completely appraised of the item's specifics and even less concerned with them. Erudite customers are a fickle bunch and have no concept of brand loyalty, Apple isn't trying to cater to your needs.
Apple is clearly exploiting this and so long as people are happy with their expensive, but aesthetically fetching, iProduct - then ziggy wins.

manker
03-15-2012, 01:13 PM
Um. There are also a fuckload of indefensible statements.

:slap:

:lol: :pinch:

ziggyjuarez
03-15-2012, 01:39 PM
iPad 500 $
Itouch 200$

More options out there guys.I say the itouch is a great deal considering it runs ios just like the 500$ ipad and it's only getting better.who else does this?as far as I know the other guys give you the option of the tablet or a phone and isn't cheap.I think this is an example of getting what you pay for.

mjmacky
03-15-2012, 02:44 PM
then ziggy wins.

You were starting to make a case, but then you undid all of your hard work. No wonder you shy away from the longer diatribes.

manker
03-15-2012, 03:34 PM
jiggy > you

mjmacky
03-15-2012, 04:06 PM
jiggy > you

jiggy's still using windows xp

manker
03-15-2012, 04:33 PM

mjmacky
03-15-2012, 04:42 PM

You're on a work computer aren't you?

manker
03-15-2012, 04:44 PM
Yeah but I could install Win7 if I wanted.

I just like XP :happy:

mjmacky
03-15-2012, 05:03 PM
Yeah but I could install Win7 if I wanted.

I just like XP :happy:

You're just lazy. I have nothing but a list of gripes every time I jump on an XP machine (gripes I never had before Win7).

Barbarossa
03-15-2012, 05:29 PM
XP all the way :wub:

mjmacky
03-15-2012, 08:51 PM
It's like preferring Symbian over Android, you obstinate orthodox outfit of OS operators.

Quarterquack
03-15-2012, 09:01 PM
There's no reason to not prefer Symbian over Android. Symbian had tethering, modem functionality, radio functionality, penta-band, unlocked/rooted functionality, SD cards and many many applications before Android (that are just now being ported - example being the Javascript engine of Kinoma Play) came along. EDIT: Add OTA upgrades, FM transmitters, superior camera options, better speakers, integrated kickstands and hardware cues, a much better music player (that includes a better PowerAmp version), and I could go on for days.

Your example is like saying people should prefer Windows on ARM over Windows on x86 simply because it's newer and better. That doesn't discount that the legacy and support for x86 is still superior in every way.

The only true way Android has been better than Symbian all these years is the fact that while walking around I had a phone in my pocket that I could code in Java/HTML5/Python any time of the day, so long as the layering was applied to the SDK.

P.S. Only now is Android pulling ahead of Symbian head and shoulders with the latest slew of phones, and the Symbian platform's death. Otherwise, yeah.

mjmacky
03-15-2012, 09:39 PM
Much of the stuff you listed on the software side is shared with Android. As for the hardware side, that's completely device dependent. The applications and hunting down/acquisition was a pain in the ass, as was rooting and messing with custom ROMs. I pretty much hated all of my Symbian applications. Google music works fantastic for me for what little use it gets, and I haven't seen a more superior video player than Mobo Player on ANY device (options for soft decode playback when hardware can't decode, it's like switching to ffmpeg, peformance of that varies with device obviously). I've been able to find much better apps and then some ever since I switched from my Samsung Innov8 to the Samsung Galaxy S. There isn't a single thing I really miss from my old phone with the exception of FM radio (but even that was annoying since the wire coming out of the jack acted as the antenna.

Symbian development could have turned up something that rivaled Android, but Nokia dropped the fucking ball on that one. I was more than happy to depart.

Quarterquack
03-15-2012, 09:53 PM
Correct, on all counts. However, when both Android and iOS launched (with Linux and OSX kernels respectively), Symbian still made them both look like toys. I have obviously since moved to a SGSII, mainly because of the gorgeous screen, and have modded it to hell and back to make it usable, because frankly AOSP Android handles like a broken Lancer. Symbian Belle handles like an ES300.

Either way, both are obsolete. We both know that Windows 8 ARM is going to be a staple very soon, and it will be a two leg race between iOS/OSX and 8ARM/8x86.

Artemis
03-20-2012, 03:22 AM
Much of the stuff you listed on the software side is shared with Android. As for the hardware side, that's completely device dependent. The applications and hunting down/acquisition was a pain in the ass, as was rooting and messing with custom ROMs. I pretty much hated all of my Symbian applications. Google music works fantastic for me for what little use it gets, and I haven't seen a more superior video player than Mobo Player on ANY device (options for soft decode playback when hardware can't decode, it's like switching to ffmpeg, peformance of that varies with device obviously). I've been able to find much better apps and then some ever since I switched from my Samsung Innov8 to the Samsung Galaxy S. There isn't a single thing I really miss from my old phone with the exception of FM radio (but even that was annoying since the wire coming out of the jack acted as the antenna.

Symbian development could have turned up something that rivaled Android, but Nokia dropped the fucking ball on that one. I was more than happy to depart.

Nokia slowed down development of Symbian while exploring Linux based alternatives. First it developed a version of Maemo (V5) for use with a highend smartphone the N900, but there were no third party takers for software development. Then Nokia partnered with Intel to develop an offshoot of Maemo called MeeGo. Intel pulled out of being a development partner and leaving Nokia once again with few development partners.
This is the most important factor involved in releasing an O/S, the third party support of the O/S. Developers moved away from Symbian because there was a far more popular choice out there being taken up by multiple handset vendors that includes a software showcase in Android Market/Play. With the loss of Intel as a partner for MeeGo, there was very little support for this as an alternative and no other handset makers were prepared to pay the royalties when Android is offered free.
The last port of Symbian I used was S60 V5 which was supposed to be updated for touchscreen, it was a pig to be honest it was very slow and clunky and although there are things I adore about the Symbian O/S this version managed to turn me off completely, where as Android is getting better all the time.