PDA

View Full Version : Got letter from Comcast....private tracker ideas?

wbandit
03-25-2011, 09:43 PM
I recently got the "letter" from Comcast and am in need of a private tracker for movies. I have been using a public tracker and don't wanna risk losing my internet, but don't know any good private trackers or how to go about becoming a member. Any help you can give would be appreciated! :-)

anon
03-25-2011, 09:52 PM
Read me:
http://filesharingtalk.com/threads/431082-Comcast-Letters-Torrents-NewsGroups-and-Other-Stuff

Tokeman
03-26-2011, 03:17 AM
Start looking into private trackers, and in the mean time, sign up for newsgoup access. For ~$10 a month for unlimited traffic, its a great deal. In the end, you may just stick with that. I use newsgroups more now then torrents, and I belong to some great sites...

vegaseric
03-27-2011, 08:42 AM
I recently got the "letter" from Comcast and am in need of a private tracker for movies. I have been using a public tracker and don't wanna risk losing my internet, but don't know any good private trackers or how to go about becoming a member. Any help you can give would be appreciated! :-)

I would get a private tracker, use a vpn, use a seedbox or anything that can't respectfully hide your ip.

mjmacky
03-27-2011, 08:54 AM
Let's put it this way, here are the following complaints about Usenet:
-Giganews charges too much
-Servers, once in awhile, have hiccups (temporarily fueling debate over which NSP is better)

Here are some of the complaints you DON'T hear about Usenet
-Lack of content
-Speeds are too slow
-OMG I got banned please unban me
-PLEASE SEED
-Got letter from...
-Someone please help, I can't get my ratio up
-and a slew of other BT related complaints

So what I'm trying to say is give Usenet a try, really. I don't think anyone here who has actually used it would tell you to avoid it.
Check out anon's link or go here: http://filesharingtalk.com/threads/384765-Noob-s-guide-to-usenet

anon
03-27-2011, 04:23 PM
I would get a private tracker, use a vpn, use a seedbox or anything that can't respectfully hide your ip.

If you're willing to spend your money in a seedbox, you could cut the middleman (box downloads torrents, you FTP from the box) and simply pay for a news service. Of course, Usenet doesn't have everything, neither do torrents or any other form of filesharing. When you can't find something and must resort to public torrents, common sense and an IP filter are two good and free security measures.

-OMG I got banned please unban me
-PLEASE SEED

:lol:

TONiC
03-27-2011, 06:28 PM
TorrentLeech is usually the first tracker I'll recommend to friends who are wanting to joing their first private tracker...
Problem is you're an American, and by no means safe on TL.

eMwolB
04-01-2011, 05:20 AM
I had also gotten a letter from comcast when using Demonoid so i went ahead and stopped using them and all other public trackers. I also went ahead and got a Xirvik seedbox to start out and hung out in their shoutbox and received some really great invites. I would recomend getting one of Xirviks 25 dollar seedboxes and starting there. You wouldn't believe how many invites get passed around in their shoutbox. I got SCC, RevTT, BitmeTV, IPT, TD, and many more that I already had. After a few months on Xirvik then you can get a dedi server from a real data center when you get to know what you are doing. Start encoding and uploading, before you know it you will have made so many contacts on great trackers you wont know what to do with yourself.

kallieb
04-01-2011, 03:50 PM
P2P clients leave a noticeable footprint in your b/w usage/traffic. One option may be to go DDL. Use jDownloader, and rely upon servers that allow you to resume if you have a crap connection.

IdolEyes787
04-01-2011, 05:28 PM
I had also gotten a letter from comcast when using Demonoid so i went ahead and stopped using them and all other public trackers. I also went ahead and got a Xirvik seedbox to start out and hung out in their shoutbox and received some really great invites. I would recomend getting one of Xirviks 25 dollar seedboxes and starting there. You wouldn't believe how many invites get passed around in their shoutbox. I got SCC, RevTT, BitmeTV, IPT, TD, and many more that I already had. After a few months on Xirvik then you can get a dedi server from a real data center when you get to know what you are doing. Start encoding and uploading, before you know it you will have made so many contacts on great trackers you wont know what to do with yourself.

Life, consider one.

Btw contacts?:ermm:

Life, consider one.

Btw contacts? Personally never viewed anyone whether I like then or not as one of those.:ermm:

anon
04-01-2011, 05:39 PM

That or you can spend a fraction of what you pay for a seedbox in Usenet/file hosters. :ermm:

Monaco
04-01-2011, 07:24 PM
Setting aside the usenet option, which I prefer as well, there are legitimate options for a new torrent user at private sites without the need for a seedbox or sucking up to people for invites.

Check out the open signups thread here or http://www.btracs.com and sign up at a tracker that is open for registration. You should be able to research the sites listed on the What Trackers Offer or Tracker Reviews sections of this forum, or just google them. I recommend a nice big general tracker like BitSoup or ILoveTorrents, although there are so many I have never even peeked at.

Or you could post a request in the request section for an invite after doing some research. Pretome or IPtorrents are great options.

IdolEyes787
04-01-2011, 10:33 PM

Setting aside the usenet option, which I prefer as well, there are legitimate options for a new torrent user at private sites without the need for a seedbox or sucking up to people for invites.

Check out the open signups thread here or http://www.btracs.com and sign up at a tracker that is open for registration. You should be able to research the sites listed on the What Trackers Offer or Tracker Reviews sections of this forum, or just google them. I recommend a nice big general tracker like BitSoup or ILoveTorrents, although there are so many I have never even peeked at.

Or you could post a request in the request section for an invite after doing some research. Pretome or IPtorrents are great options.

Of course you could but I think you aren't getting the main thrust of eMwolB's message - that he has real self-image issues and that by pointlessly climbing the hierarchy of bt trackers he hopes to become "somebody" .:mellow:

Otherwise tell me the point to any of this ?
Hey whats up fellas. Just registered but been reading the forums for a while now and wanted to say hello. From the US been torrneting for a while now. Have a Server from OVH that is great and really unlimited bandwith. Did 14 TB last month so any that thinks there are hidden caps on the 3 unlimited servers they offer are wrong. .
Seriously this is the type of person that is a plague on bt stripping it of a great deal of the fun and turning what should be a system intended to be devoted to sharing into some sort of wank adolescent ego-feeding competition.

shipwreck
04-01-2011, 11:27 PM
Seedbox whores are only a problem for those sites that don't have a proper / fair ratio 'economy' going.

There are various ways to ensure that low speed users don't get screwed, e.g. by giving them bonus points for seeding, or automatically filling the ratio to 1.0 after a certain period of seeding time, or regularly adding freeleech torrents, or simply getting rid of ratios altogether and become ratio free (with strict hit & run rules, obviously). Seedboxes can be to the benefit of a tracker and all of its userbase if done properly. Nobody wants to dowload at slow speeds, including those users with crappy upstreams.