PDA

View Full Version : newsgroup searching

Tokeman
03-29-2011, 07:58 PM
Ok, I have always used binsearch.info to search newsgroups, and it has done quite well for me. I've also tried some of the indexing sites listed on the sticky.

Where else can you search for stuff?

Reason i'm asking, the new harry potter 1080p rip nzb was posted here, but I cant find it on any of my indexing sites... So where would I have found it if it wasn't listed here, besides just waiting of course? Obviously it was listed somewhere, since it was posted here...

Cabalo
03-29-2011, 08:10 PM
The best in my opinion is newsleecher's SuperSearch.
Other than that I use manually indexed sites like FST, or NZBindex, which somehow I prefer to binsearch.

Tokeman
03-29-2011, 08:19 PM
Hmm, yea, don't actaully want to pay for a search option.. Figured the easiest thing to do would be to ask whoever posted that nzb where they found it, but I didn't think posting a question like that in the comments would be a good idea...

Thanks for the suggestions!

Cabalo
03-29-2011, 08:55 PM
Huh, if you are referring to newsleecher's SuperSearch, the version(s) available at FST both "offer" free access to this tool. :whistling

mjmacky
03-29-2011, 09:30 PM
Other than that I use manually indexed sites like FST, or NZBindex, which somehow I prefer to binsearch.
NZBIndex isn't manually indexed, it's an automated indexer like binsearch...
And I've been back to using it over binsearch these days

Tokeman
03-29-2011, 10:06 PM
Huh, if you are referring to newsleecher's SuperSearch, the version(s) available at FST both "offer" free access to this tool. :whistling

Hypatia
03-29-2011, 11:08 PM
Reason i'm asking, the new harry potter 1080p rip nzb was posted here, but I cant find it on any of my indexing sites..

search for scene name.. (http://www.mysterbin.com/search?q=twiz*hp7*&minSize=4000&maxSize=max&maxAge=max&complete=0&group=)

btw repack is getting uploaded to usenet at the moment

Radon0r
03-29-2011, 11:54 PM

Big thanks for the heads up. I didn't know those releases had that extra "feature."

And I usually find out about new releases from trackers (SCC, GFT, etc.) and then look them up on MysterBin, NZBIndex or NZBs.org. It's just easier for me that way.

Tokeman
03-30-2011, 12:16 AM
Yea, me too. I browse the trackers daily and grab what I see from newsgroups. Although the past 2 movies I got I had to finish via torrents, because even after repairing, there were 2 rars that had 1 missing piece each... wierd...

Cabalo
03-30-2011, 12:56 AM
How old were those files ? Where did you grab them from ?

Tokeman
03-30-2011, 01:43 AM
1 was the harry potter 1080p, nzb from here, so pretty new. Verified OK, but crc error when extracting. Ran it through a site, and 2 files each had 1 missing piece. Don't remember what the other one was right now...

Monaco
03-30-2011, 07:00 PM
One of the things I find useful, especially with new scene releases, is to check the file names of the .rar files on your favorite tracker, then just search that on (my favorite) nzbindex.

This is basically how you would find posts that are "spotted" on certain forums, i.e. twiz-hp7part1-1080p. Most posters include the standard scene name in their posts, but this is a pretty easy way to avoid issues with common words etc.