PDA

View Full Version : Transfer uTorrent data (with all torrents) from one seedbox to another?

seedbox76
04-17-2011, 02:02 PM
Hello all, first time posting here, but I've used NaQ's Seebox Setup guide almost 3 years ago found here on FST. Much props to NaQ for that awesome guide, btw.

I am thinking about upgrading my current dedi server/seedbox and would like to know if it's possible to transfer my all of my torrent data from my current server to the one I may be updating to. If it is possible, how do I go about doing this?

anon
04-17-2011, 06:09 PM
If you have access to it, just download a copy the %appdata%\uTorrent folder from your current seedbox, then upload it to your new one once you get it.

mjmacky
04-18-2011, 03:01 AM
If you have access to it, just download a copy the %appdata%\uTorrent folder from your current seedbox, then upload it to your new one once you get it.

That works with any Windows based uTorrent in general, e.g. new installation of Windows.

seedbox76
04-18-2011, 12:02 PM
I should have been more specific, but I'm using CentOS. Does the folder %appdata%\uTorrent exist in the linux OS as well or does it go by a different folder name? And where specifically is it located? I'm pretty noob when it comes to linux...

Also, is there a way to download the uTorrent data/folder via FTP client and then upload it to the new server? Thanks guys.

anon
04-18-2011, 06:01 PM
I should have been more specific, but I'm using CentOS. Does the folder %appdata%\uTorrent exist in the linux OS as well or does it go by a different folder name?

No, %appdata%\uTorrent is exclusively for Windows systems. %appdata% is an environment variable which points to a user's Application Data directory.

And where specifically is it located? I'm pretty noob when it comes to linux...

Hehe, I'm a Linux noob too. If you're running the native version, then I really don't know. It may be a hidden folder in your home directory. If you're running uTorrent via Wine, this may be it:

/home/YOUR_LINUX_USERNAME/.wine/drive_c/windows/profiles/YOUR_WINDOWS_USERNAME/Application Data/uTorrent

Also, is there a way to download the uTorrent data/folder via FTP client and then upload it to the new server?

Sure, if you have write access to the settings folder via FTP, you can download a copy, then upload that to the new server once you get it. :)