PDA

View Full Version : Looking for private FTP willing to pay

y2twon
04-30-2011, 10:10 PM
anyone know what happened to the urgraphics ftp group? they have been down for almost a year now and i am looking for a replacement site. does anyone know of any good private ftps or P2L? thanks

pakito
05-01-2011, 04:23 AM
I know only these public p2l with ftp:

http://www.lemonshare.net/ (I think it includes ftp access. Ask to admin)
http://scene-warez.org/ftpsw/

zot
05-01-2011, 05:43 AM
Do people still do FTP these days? I had access to a few private FTPs (non-Scene) way back in the '90s, all long since closed down. (back then most were free but required members to maintain a certain upload ratio.) The biggest problem with FTPs was that the bigger ones were getting busted all the time - then years later file-hosting sites like Rapidshare figured out ways to perform essentially the same function but stay within the letter of the law. And Usenet acts as probably the biggest "FTP" server in the world :)

Although it was once my primary file-sharing method, I don't think I've even touched a FTP client in the last 10 years, since P2P and other methods emerged. There are just so many other great sources of files these days -- other than FTP.

TONiC
05-01-2011, 11:59 AM
Yah +1 to zot, even if you're looking for a scene ftp, with the amount of BitTorrent sites out there, there's not much point... even with FTPSW I see their DVDRs on TL - even they are too well known to last I think.

hysteria
06-03-2011, 03:33 AM
y2twon u still up for a private ftp bro msg me ALL sections coverd

*e-mail removed* ftp axx from 10tb - 35TB non rented shit. 50£ for 1 months unlimited leech what u like.
sections are :
0DAY
ANIME
APPS
AUDIOBOOK
BLURAY
DVDR
EBOOK
MDVDR
MP3
MViD
NDS
GAMES
PS2
PS3
PSP
TV-BLURAY
TV-DVDR
TV-DVDRIP
TV-HDRIP
TV-X264
TV-XVID
WII
WMV-HD
X264
XBOX360
XVID
XXX-DVDR
XXX-HD
XXX-IMGSET
XXX-WEB
XXX-XVID

-- complete sections

Cabalo
06-03-2011, 11:29 AM
lol 50£ for ONE month. :lol:
It's enough for one year subscription worth of usenet. What a ripoff.

iLOVENZB
06-03-2011, 12:10 PM
Unlimited, lyke :wacko:

anon
06-03-2011, 05:34 PM
lol 50£ for ONE month. :lol:
It's enough for one year subscription worth of usenet. What a ripoff.

Add a bit more and you can buy a two-year Fileserve account.

"An idiot and his money..."

zot
06-04-2011, 07:46 AM
Anyone running a public pay FTP server needs to charge a lot to build up a fund for when they get busted - which is almost sure to happen sooner or later. FTP servers have always been magnets for police raids (far more than any other form of file sharing).

It's kind of funny that someone would register at this site to ask about something as rare as pay FTP servers -- and not be interested in anything else.

iLOVENZB
06-04-2011, 09:10 AM
Got I have a FTP, lyke, with some nice pres, lyke, pm me.

€50/month, willing to negotiate.

TONiC
06-04-2011, 06:20 PM
Anyone that says £50 is a lot has never had access to a scene server.

If that is non-rented/private lines, the peering can be far superior than any filehoster which may rent servers from OVH or LW or any other hosting provider people bitch about; I remember reading that one of the top scene servers was hosted in Ebay's HQ, and I'm willing to bet the private peering and routing there would be far superior than with OVH.

Secondly you forget these sites have archives, and usually the larger the better. I've been on sites with a full BD archive, another with about 40 or so TV Series, and another with every mainstream movie and then some. All this instantly available to you: no slow 1 seeder torrents, no dead links. Not to mention that fact that the incoming/racing part of the site will have every current release going out before torrents, newzbins or one click hosters.

But yes ofcourse there are risks. Many private sites, such as the ebay one, are simply a tech admin taking advantage of his position, and if the main firm starts notices their BW costs are increased they'll start looking into it. I know Brit police often try to match bandwidth peaks of individual servers with release times. Ofcoure the person running the site is at the greatest risk, so before you buy you should be obliged for the sake of your own security to ask what precautions he has in place, such as truecrypt.

Whilst NZBs seem like a far cheaper alternative, wasn't an entire provider just taken down as any topsite admin would?

iLOVENZB
06-05-2011, 02:56 AM
Usenet isn't run by one body and would take a lot of effort for the service to come to a standstill. NGP simply offer a service, like your ISP offers a service of accessing the Internet.

For those that enjoy getting a release a millisecond before everyone else, I pity you but the European filler chans are getting better.

vBooM
06-11-2011, 12:17 AM
Pay To Leech is the biggest security risk going. Anyone who sells is stupid, anyone who buys should learn how to race.

Not only with paying money for files which are very widely available on many different types of file sharing your always risking your ip being exposed. The scene aree always busting P2L, because there mainly linked to P2P, P2P itself is a risk with torrent sites and uploaders being caught, Dont mix them, your just asking for trouble. Alot of P2L fill from torrent sites and then use bash scripts to auto move from folder matching Xvid etc, and some dont even have scene axx to fill, and unless its a top FTP, then the likes of SCC etc beat alot of dump sites on pre times alone.

P2L = Pointless.

And also posting P2L FTP's on a filesharingtalk forum, is asking for eyes to look at your FTP, a good hacker could have a decent server down and info took in little under a hour. Have fun with your facebooks and IP's being scene noticed, idiots.

PittChiq
06-16-2011, 10:00 AM
Pay To Leech is the biggest security risk going. Anyone who sells is stupid, anyone who buys should learn how to race.

Not only with paying money for files which are very widely available on many different types of file sharing your always risking your ip being exposed. The scene aree always busting P2L, because there mainly linked to P2P, P2P itself is a risk with torrent sites and uploaders being caught, Dont mix them, your just asking for trouble. Alot of P2L fill from torrent sites and then use bash scripts to auto move from folder matching Xvid etc, and some dont even have scene axx to fill, and unless its a top FTP, then the likes of SCC etc beat alot of dump sites on pre times alone.

P2L = Pointless.

And also posting P2L FTP's on a filesharingtalk forum, is asking for eyes to look at your FTP, a good hacker could have a decent server down and info took in little under a hour. Have fun with your facebooks and IP's being scene noticed, idiots.

Thanks for the warning. I'm a noobie and thought this looked good at first

NippleCake
06-25-2011, 03:37 PM
you're a twat if you are going to waste money on pay 2 leech "scene" ftp's. spend the money on a concert ticket or something.

y2twon
08-05-2011, 04:48 PM
Im interested in other things, i just havent taken the time to figure out how to work p2p and usenets. i tried but i skimmed over it and ended up confusing myself a lot more. with ftp sites, its easy for me to log into flashfxp and browse and get what i need. i tried 2 usenets and like i said, i didnt understand how to search and dl. to each its own. you all do what floats your boat and I'll stick with what I know at my own pace until I take the time to learn something new.

And as far as me registering for a site to ask a question, I thought that that was what people did when they had questions? isnt that one of the purposes of a forum? thought so!!

arqam786
11-19-2011, 03:56 AM
Just wanted to say the discussion in this thread was quite helpful:)

zzbnoona
12-26-2011, 12:42 AM
Better off paying for a box and racing

CMedical
03-13-2012, 06:44 AM
Thank you for sharing ur knowledge

anon
07-29-2013, 01:00 PM
Rule 4 - Advertising/Soliciting
Advertising or soliciting a product or site for the purpose of commercial gain without the consent of the administrators is prohibited. Any such postings may be deleted for any reason. This includes any sigs and or titles advertising similar sites. Posting links to auctions or sales is also not allowed. Soliciting invites in any form including through PM messages is also prohibited. Those soliciting may have their account locked or Banned from the site.

I've deleted several posts advertising or asking for paid FTPs, and I'd like you to stop doing that in the future. Thank you.

Pepo
07-29-2013, 05:21 PM
Rule 4 - Advertising/Soliciting
Advertising or soliciting a product or site for the purpose of commercial gain without the consent of the administrators is prohibited. Any such postings may be deleted for any reason. This includes any sigs and or titles advertising similar sites. Posting links to auctions or sales is also not allowed. Soliciting invites in any form including through PM messages is also prohibited. Those soliciting may have their account locked or Banned from the site.

I've deleted several posts advertising or asking for paid FTPs, and I'd like you to stop doing that in the future. Thank you.

:(

i want to purchase one !