PDA

View Full Version : Alternative to Spotify !!

snap3r
05-01-2011, 11:58 AM
I use spotify for 2 years now and it has all the music i want.I was using it for free with a proxy from england but now that doesnt work anymore.Country doesn't matter anymore and all accounts have certain amount of time till they expire.Mine has 9 hours left and after that i gotta buy premium.Can someone point me to an alternative ? :D

teflon05
05-01-2011, 06:50 PM
Grooveshark isn't bad. Maybe not quite as good as spotify, but very close...& you don't have to piss around with a proxy.

snap3r
05-01-2011, 10:19 PM
Its not that bad but it all happens in my browser and im not happy with that.The proxy thing in spotify wasn't that much of a big deal ... there were allot of VPN freebies on the internet.Also looks like ive mistaken .. i get 10 hours a day of playing and i can play a song up to 5 times i think .. its confusing.

Stabber
05-01-2011, 11:33 PM
I just keep using vpn to change my ip . When i'm bored my brother from england logins and everything is ok ;)

Btw grooveshark is pretty good , it has more content imho but it is slower .

teflon05
05-01-2011, 11:40 PM
There's an Adobe Air Grooveshark desktop app listed here (http://forums.grooveshark.com/discussion/comment/7361/) toward the bottom that works pretty good.

snap3r
05-02-2011, 03:09 PM
Found a nice app for Grooveshark http://www.leechermods.com/2011/04/sharkthief-mass-grooveshark-music.html
Really helpfull if you wanna rip music from Grooveshark.

anon
05-02-2011, 04:33 PM
Found a nice app for Grooveshark http://www.leechermods.com/2011/04/sharkthief-mass-grooveshark-music.html
Really helpfull if you wanna rip music from Grooveshark.

I use Groovedown for that.

GS itself is the best music streaming service I've tried, hands down. The amount of content is excellent, although you won't find anything from certain well-known groups (The Beatles, Pink Floyd, Smashing Pumpkins). And yes, there's a couple of apps to "detach" it from your browser, as if it was just another program.

snap3r
05-05-2011, 05:53 PM
Used it for 2 years and now its useless .. well unless i pay a subscription.Spotify just expired .. i hit the red bar and i cant listen to music anymore. Thanks guys for the alternative.Im not used to it but ill try to make it work.

Snee
05-05-2011, 08:14 PM
If only you knew how to use google. Imagine how much better the lounge had been without this thread in it.

snap3r
05-06-2011, 08:10 AM
Imagine how better would be if everyone knew how to use google and use it.This place would be a ghost town.I want an opinion from other people not from a search engine.

Stabber
05-06-2011, 08:56 AM
I had no idea you can download from grooveshark . Anyone knows what's the quality of grooveshark tracks ? I mean with thepirateapp(the new mulve) i always find 320kbps quality

snap3r
05-06-2011, 11:23 AM
With the sharkthief app i downloaded tracks in 320kbps but after a quick look i see that not all are in 320 ...

Stabber
05-06-2011, 12:06 PM
which is better for downloading from grooveshark , groovedown or sharkthief?

anon
05-06-2011, 03:50 PM
Stabber: Grooveshark's content are user uploads, so quality can range from shitty 64Kbps to a 320Kbps MP3 transcoded from a perfect lossless rip.

Groovedown is what I use (it's fast and simple). I haven't tried Sharkthief. If I remember correctly, SciLor's downloader told you the real bitrate.

Snee
05-07-2011, 01:46 PM
Imagine how better would be if everyone knew how to use google and use it.This place would be a ghost town.I want an opinion from other people not from a search engine.

Given that this is the lounge, no, not so much.

I'm surprised I'm the first to point out how much of a spaz (quite a lot*) you are, tbh.

*ffs, using spotify with a proxy, which is a hell of a lot of effort to put in for spotify, and not even reading the user messages they started showing a month before they engaged the limitations at that.

enoughfakefiles
05-07-2011, 08:35 PM

:ohmy:

Google is your friend.

snap3r
05-07-2011, 09:41 PM

Given that this is the lounge, no, not so much.

I'm surprised I'm the first to point out how much of a spaz (quite a lot*) you are, tbh.

*ffs, using spotify with a proxy, which is a hell of a lot of effort to put in for spotify, and not even reading the user messages they started showing a month before they engaged the limitations at that.
It was effortless tbh.Lots of free proxy on the internet.Also i searched google for an alternative and ive come up with nothing.So sorry that i bothered you with my request ... its obvious that you are concerned with bigger problems like swearing and spamming in other ppl's thread.Also you should recruit enoughfakefiles to your crew.Not as dedicated like you but hes doing a decent job.