PDA

View Full Version : Removing DRM from Video (iTunes)

iLOVENZB
05-05-2011, 07:18 AM
Copy/Paste:

The drive ended up having a shitload of DRM protected videos from iTunes. How the fuck do I remove it?

Daniusoft Media Converter crashes when iTunes runs and it appears I have to know the iTunes account details prior to encoding :blink:.

http://filesharingtalk.com/threads/422672-Last-one-to-post-wins-the-internets?p=3578032#post3578032

mjmacky
05-05-2011, 07:36 AM
I don't do iTunes DRM stripping, but if it's like any other DRM removal method, than you need to have the licenses to play the content before trying to strip the DRM.

So... if you happen to be able to boot with the HDD, and all the content is licensed, then a program like Requiem (with the right version of iTunes) will do the job. That's what you're going to have to look into. But if you can't play it, it's completely useless to you.

iLOVENZB
05-05-2011, 08:30 AM
Had a look at Requiem in the README-windows

TROUBLESHOOTING:

1. Make sure that iTunes or QuickTime Player can play the files
you're trying to decrypt.
2. Open iTunes, do "Store/Deauthorize Computer", then do
"Store/Authorize Computer".

Burned again! :pinch:

mjmacky
05-05-2011, 03:50 PM
How can you be burned when you didn't pay for the HDD?

IdolEyes787
05-05-2011, 05:35 PM
Had a look at Requiem in the README-windows

TROUBLESHOOTING:

1. Make sure that iTunes or QuickTime Player can play the files
you're trying to decrypt.
2. Open iTunes, do "Store/Deauthorize Computer", then do
"Store/Authorize Computer".

Burned again! :pinch:

I suggest you take out your anger by hitting a small child . If none are handy then flail your hands about like a lunatic while screaming obscenities .
Let me know if either of these work . If not then tell me what the videos are and I will PM you long detailed transcripts just so you don't miss anything .