PDA

View Full Version : No Eurovision Contest thread ...

Disme
05-14-2011, 10:20 PM
... means this board is dead :bang:

I know many regulars aren't from Europe (or it's surroundings) but this is the first year Crabgirl (or any other Lounge-regular) hasn't started a thread about the Eurovision Song Contest ... that says it all :cry:

Cabalo
05-15-2011, 04:37 AM
Does anyone actually watch that crap? :mellow:

IdolEyes787
05-15-2011, 12:20 PM
I hate to break it to you but except for the Royal Wedding and maybe Ferraris no one in North America really gives a fuck about Europe.
I would have thought that WWII would have already clued you into that fact.

I am watching Survivor Redemption Island so there are still people out there that don't care at all about quality if that makes you feel any better though.

iLOVENZB
05-15-2011, 12:27 PM
I stopped watching when Cyprus started singing in French:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQMtaNzYHDI

What the fuck:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9rJLtz64Hg

Might as well be doing this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZHwbHs1yXY

I think the only reason people watch it is for the bewbies, which lacks in some nationalities.

megabyteme
05-15-2011, 12:40 PM
Is Europe where the Oompa Loompas are from? If so, I like them. How do they drive Ferraris, though? Seems like it would be hard for them to reach the pedals. :unsure:

IdolEyes787
05-15-2011, 12:42 PM
Sorry I probably should have mentioned no one in North America gives fuck about Australia either while I was at it.

megabyteme
05-15-2011, 01:08 PM
Like North America, really, cares about Canada. :rolleyes:

iLOVENZB
05-15-2011, 01:56 PM
Is Europe where the Oompa Loompas are from? If so, I like them. How do they drive Ferraris, though? Seems like it would be hard for them to reach the pedals. :unsure:

Who on earth would drive a Ferrari? I've only ever seen one when I was in Kings Cliff. The guy driving it was an obvious douche. Why anyone would wear a leather jacket in 30C heat is beyond me.

Idol, no doubt you're a patriot to some 3rd world country or America, sometimes I have trouble telling the difference :unsure:.

At least Australians have an excuse for their incompetence - country built by convicts really speaks for itself :ermm:.

iLOVENZB
05-15-2011, 01:59 PM
An example of Australia's incompetence:

Somehow came out of a recession alive and then the Government decided to piss savings on the wall resulting in a 40b+ deficit, only now are they regretting their expenditure and finally putting a crackdown on welfare and taxing the shit out of families.

How can a prime minister manage to ruin a country in 4 years? :unsure:

Bring back the Liberals!

IdolEyes787
05-15-2011, 02:55 PM

I think we might be the North in North America although it could just as likely be Minnesota. :unsure:

Idol, no doubt you're a patriot to some 3rd world country or America, sometimes I have trouble telling the difference :unsure:.

At least Australians have an excuse for their incompetence - country built by convicts really speaks for itself :ermm:.

Third World ? Like Earth ? No actually Eighth World and we Neptunians are damn nationalistic so don't go making any snide comments about us being heavy and having 13 moons or anything.

Also I think you implying that Aboriginals are all convicts is damn racist and if I wasn't stuck here 4.3 billion km from Earth I'd likely do something about it.

Fortunate for you boomerang tossing racist.

iLOVENZB
05-15-2011, 03:06 PM
Convicts = British criminals

If you pull your head of of "history" books, what the Government tried to do in the 1900's was try and give the Aboriginals some decent living standards. I bet they regret that now.

IdolEyes787
05-15-2011, 03:20 PM
Thanks for explaining that to me as being from backward Canada all I know of British Empire pertaining to Australia is what I got from a commercial promoting Far and Away .

Sorry edit that I have seen Galopoli so I also know that Australians are courageous but spend long stretches being really boring.

Oh and The Man from Snowy River 1 and 2 and Quigley Down Under so I'm assuming you are either an evil rancher or a horse.

Btw I would try to be better at history but as a Hindi I figure I'm already condemned to repeat it so why put in the effort ?

KFlint
05-15-2011, 04:00 PM

US took the name of a whole continent by calling themselves Americans, shows how much they care about anybody else than them really. Allyoucaneatians would sound great as a replacement :eat:

Snee
05-15-2011, 08:43 PM
I think we might be the North in North America although it could just as likely be Minnesota. :unsure:

Given the state of their educational system, it might very well be Africa, tbh.

Disme
05-16-2011, 07:56 AM
Drunken posting FTW!

I personally stopped giving a crap a long time ago ... but now my children that are about 10/11 years old seem to have developped a special intrest into the Eurovision Songcontest.
I've already made an appointment with a shrink to help them.

Disme
05-16-2011, 08:04 AM
cannot undermine the significance of the logical connection children makes

Hows your therapy going J-DYE?

iLOVENZB
05-16-2011, 11:08 AM
Looks like she's ditched the pointless paragraphs.