PDA

View Full Version : Call Of Duty

Octopussy
11-10-2003, 12:52 PM
how many ppls got it? is it worth the download or should i buy it if its worth

Motion
11-10-2003, 01:58 PM
If you've got the money, buy it, then you get your own cdkey that actually works online.

N£MO
11-10-2003, 03:07 PM
It is a great game,if you want to play online then buy it.

If not download the beauty!! :D

johnboy27
11-10-2003, 03:41 PM
I've got it and it is real good.Thouhg I will say that it reminds me of return to castle wolfenstein.It loads the same way and everything.

Jordank87
11-10-2003, 03:46 PM
i have yet to find a real file on kazaa, they are all demos :(

N£MO
11-10-2003, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by Jordank87@10 November 2003 - 15:46
i have yet to find a real file on kazaa, they are all demos :(
I got it from suprnova,using Bittorrent.

Jordank87
11-10-2003, 04:00 PM
my bittorent or suprnova is fucked up cuz when i try to get files from suprnova it gives me an error :(

Ekamentus
11-10-2003, 04:08 PM
i have Call of Duty By means of Suprnova.org !!!

billiebob
11-10-2003, 07:16 PM
who can give me a url from a site where a can download this game?

Xare
11-10-2003, 08:37 PM
Bit torrent :rolleyes:

Rip The Jacker
11-11-2003, 03:59 AM
My friend downloaded Call of Duty with mIRC. GREAT game. B)

HyE PrIdE THUG
11-11-2003, 05:37 AM
His friend is me and Yes it is one of the best D-Day games I've Played very fast pase and fun.

CadeLaguana
11-11-2003, 05:53 AM
Its one of the best WWII shooters I have ever played. Well the single player is anyway. Actually, from looking around in multiplayer, its pretty nice. Multiplayer is good for a sniper, or sneaking up on people from out of the bushes. It looks cool. I have already beaten Call of duty once, I have started over and I am now playing on a harder difficulty. Thats how fun the single play is.

I'm thinking of buying it, I think the multiplayer has some potiential. It may not have the vehicle-type combat that battlefield does, but it sure does have some great close combat multiplayer. Its like counter-strike styled up with WWII.

If you really want a great single player experience(I say experience because you don't play it, you LIVE it...man...some action packed situations...some points you feel your actually living out the war...), then get this game. You won't be disapointed. Is good enough that you should buy it. In fact, thats what I'm going to do.

I looked at thier site and it says a Level Editor is coming soon. Get more maps, it will turn out to be a great multiplayer game...

Thats my review. I give it a 8.5 out of 10. Great action. Nice scripted sequences. Such a great game, at points, you don't even realize its scripted... You'll find yourself doing things you didn't know you were suppose to do, but actually is the right thing.

The bad: Physics. Need more things like bodys being able to flop around. In one level, when your're in the tank, you shoot a house, it actually crumbles. Need things like that throughout the whole game... Other than that, the game is great.

This is Cade Laguana giving it a:

8.5[Go buy it!]

Gre1
11-11-2003, 06:11 AM
I got it it, two discs wasted because it won't work.

toddiscool
11-11-2003, 07:17 AM
I got it, but I really must be missing some here. I am not impressed at all, I always seem to miss something on these games that everyone loves. There is just alot about that sucks.

1. It is clone of MOHAA, but the gameplay is no where close - enemies are too appeary (not there, then there) that is annoying.

2. The sights, you can not see for the shooting, especially the machine guns all that can been seen is the fire from the gun, that is annoying

3. I am really not big on games, so if I do not like them I do not play them for more than 10 minutes, but this one just did not seem to have it. But I am probably missing something.

Although I will say CadeLaguana that is a well written review.

CadeLaguana
11-11-2003, 07:47 AM
Originally posted by toddiscool@11 November 2003 - 08:17
Although I will say CadeLaguana that is a well written review.
Lol. You don't know do you?

He doesn't know does he? :lol:

Todd, I'm a reviewer for PC Gamer magazine!

:lol:

I'm not sure if he just didn't know, or hes actually complimenting me on my job. You knew didn't you? Thanks for the compliment though :)

Actually I made that all up. I'm a reviewer for Klite.

WAIT A MINUTE!

I just thought of an excellent idea. I have to talk to the mods. What if they make me, The Official Klite Game Reviewer!

Hey thats a great idea. Someone tell the administraitor. I'll have my own section on the site or something :D . "Cade's Reviews" is what it will be called. For right here in Gameworld. Hey I think its a good idea. I'll be the peoples reviewer!

Someone send the word out. Let the mods know. I need this posistion! I'm a jobless 18 year old that needs more time on the computer! I have to grab a beer, I'm so fucking excited!

B)

3rd gen noob
11-11-2003, 07:58 AM
a word of warning for ati users...don't try to play this game on anything less than 3.9 drivers...you won't get far

ryant
11-11-2003, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by Ekamentus@10 November 2003 - 16:08
i have Call of Duty By means of Suprnova.org !!!
guys talk to me about this web (suprnova.org) site ,can i download the full game from there ? Right now for example i see that it has cd 1 ,2 ,3 ,4 for fs 2004.... is suprnova the only web that has all this benefits?

Have anybody download from kazza this games yet?
call of duty
splinter cell
black hawk down
medal of honor

if yes can you please let me know the right file zize thanks..

Peerzy
11-11-2003, 11:05 PM
currentluy downloading 3 versions of CoD off of kazaa because bittorent dont work with SOCKS%5:angry: :angry: :angry: so far tried 4 diff versions none worked apart from 1 which was just a demo <_<
GRRRR :angry:

Octopussy
11-12-2003, 12:23 AM
awesoem review...well um i got 56k lol...think it will lag? cuz mohaa and returnt o castle lagged like crazy...so does battlefield 1942...dont lag on ut2k3, ff11, chaser, raven shield, avp2, ut

dogknight
11-12-2003, 01:34 AM
Originally posted by peerzyboy@11 November 2003 - 23:05
currentluy downloading 3 versions of CoD off of kazaa because bittorent dont work with SOCKS%5:angry: :angry: :angry: so far tried 4 diff versions none worked apart from 1 which was just a demo <_<
*hint* look at the file size before you dl it, the full game is pretty big.
*yet one more hint* if bittorent doesnt work for you then use irc.

ryant
11-12-2003, 06:08 PM
If for example while iam downloading on bittorrent my com frezzes and obligates me to do a reboot, do i have to start the download all over again? is not like kazza that it saves what you have download?

Peerzy
11-12-2003, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by dogknight+12 November 2003 - 01:34--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (dogknight @ 12 November 2003 - 01:34)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-peerzyboy@11 November 2003 - 23:05
currentluy downloading 3 versions of CoD off of kazaa because bittorent dont work with SOCKS%5:angry:&nbsp; :angry:&nbsp; :angry: so far tried 4 diff versions none worked apart from 1 which was just a demo <_<
*hint* look at the file size before you dl it, the full game is pretty big.
*yet one more hint* if bittorent doesnt work for you then use irc. [/b][/quote]
Hint: kazaa curupts like hell aswell so i was hopeing for a rip wod lessen the chances of that but ui wod much prefur the real thing.
Yet another Hint: irc doesnt work either because i use socks5 :angry:
so stfu <_<

DeanO
11-13-2003, 12:24 AM
Hey peeps i just been reading through this thread and it seems you all enjoy this game.....But i have a question that hopefully someone can answer

Why when i attempt to download Call of Duty, "Activision - Call of Duty" or any decent looking file size of the game, it always seems to shuffle from Connecting and remotely Queued...somebody please help coz ive also tried this with Max Payne too....it seems that any file that is of a large size doesnt want to download but would rather switch from Connecting to Remotely Queued....someone please help :(

johnboy27
11-13-2003, 03:05 AM
Don&#39;t waste your time trying to get these games from Kazaa.
If you haven&#39;t used bittorrent before then Read this (http://www.klboard.ath.cx/index.php?showtopic=54389)
and then look for it on www.supernova.org . I got mine there and it works perfect.

far
11-13-2003, 03:08 AM
Originally posted by Jordank87@10 November 2003 - 16:00
my bittorent or suprnova is fucked up cuz when i try to get files from suprnova it gives me an error :(
I had the same problem...Just delete ur bittorrent and install a new one..should work then

Mad Cat
11-13-2003, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by johnboy27@10 November 2003 - 15:41
I&#39;ve got it and it is real good.Thouhg I will say that it reminds me of return to castle wolfenstein.It loads the same way and everything.
It runs off of the Q3A (Quake 3 Arena) engine, same as Wolf, Medal of Honor, and both of the newer Star Wars FPSs, the Star Trek: Elite Forces series.... it goes on forever.
Even with a dated engine, the graphics are solid.