PDA

View Full Version : NPW XvidHD releases?

noname2012
05-21-2011, 04:52 PM
There seem to be a lot of XvidHD releases by NPW.

But there are also a lot that are older than a year.

Does anyone know the best places to find these older NPW releases?

anon
05-21-2011, 05:10 PM
IPT appears to have 1062 of those releases. The oldest one is from February 2009.

noname2012
05-21-2011, 06:02 PM
IPT appears to have 1062 of those releases. The oldest one is from February 2009.

Out of curiosity, what is the oldest one?

anon
05-21-2011, 06:25 PM
What are the seeds like on the older torrents on IPT, are there seeders?

Most have at least a handful of them.

Out of curiosity, what is the oldest one?

Mad Max 2 The Road Warrior (1981) BRRip XvidHD 720p NPW

noname2012
05-21-2011, 11:13 PM
Okay, thanks for the info.

I see big debates about NPW / Flawl3ss / ViSiON / SHiRK around other forums...

Which are best out of these?

And where did FLAWL3SS and ViSiON begin?

TONiC
05-22-2011, 08:16 PM
Yeh, NPW started posting these releases on RevTT originally, but as an experienced encoder for 2 years I can honestly say it's not the best format to be using for encoding HD - XViD does not achieve the same compression rates as x264.

mjmacky
05-23-2011, 06:14 AM
Yeh, NPW started posting these releases on RevTT originally, but as an experienced encoder for 2 years I can honestly say it's not the best format to be using for encoding HD - XViD does not achieve the same compression rates as x264.

I usually assume most people are aware of this, but I'm actually starting to doubt that assumption. I'm actually very surprised to see XVID HD become a thing. If you take the same source and encode a lower resolution x264, it will look better at significantly smaller filesizes than a high res XVID (most don't seem to realize the waste of bitrate that is XVID). At least we don't have people asking for MPEG2-PS HD...

TONiC
05-23-2011, 09:50 AM
I usually assume most people are aware of this, but I'm actually starting to doubt that assumption. I'm actually very surprised to see XVID HD become a thing.

It took off because of the mass compatability of xvid I feel, but whether the device in question can play HD resolutions, I'm not sure.

mjmacky
05-23-2011, 10:34 AM
That's the point, if we're talking about device compatibility, AVC is equally supported for HD resolution, if not focused upon.

noname2012
05-23-2011, 02:48 PM
I think it's also because XviD itself uses less processing power than x264

IdolEyes787
05-23-2011, 06:01 PM
Shows what I know ,I actually thought this was a troll thread.:unsure:

I see big debates about NPW / Flawl3ss / ViSiON / SHiRK around other forums...

Really and like these are adult forums and the "big debate " isn't squeezed between arguments over whether Justin Beiber looks better with shaggy or short hair?

mjmacky
05-23-2011, 07:34 PM
I think it's also because XviD itself uses less processing power than x264

and mpeg2-ps uses even less than XVID, I don't see the point of hovering middle ground here. If someone's equipment doesn't have the capability to process 720p x264, then they would be better off processing x264 SD than XVID HD. The former looking better and taking up less space than the latter. It's a middle ground that seems to only exist because ignorance prevents people from moving forward.

Shows what I know ,I actually thought this was a troll thread.:unsure:

I think it seems that way because noname's a bit of a contradiction. That might be because he's not quite clear about what he knows and doesn't know. In this scenario I just play it safe and purge information, you can't get controlled if you just spit info.