PDA

View Full Version : Bluray to mkv encode

cibu
05-23-2011, 10:11 PM
Hy guys . I am really bored so I wanna start encoding some blurays into mkv files and I wanted to see if anyone knows what's the fastest program/way . I saw a few tutorials and I'm currently using dvdfab , but it takes like forever ( at the moment I have 5 more hours until I finish my mkv file... ) .
Can anyone give me some tips / advices ?
Thanks !

mjmacky
05-24-2011, 02:32 AM
Personally I use MeGUI (a UI for a large variety of tools), but that's because I'm usually messing around with a variety of sources, which might be more than you're asking for. If you're just looking for speed, and to go directly from Bluray to encoded MKV, there are several one click solutions out there. Is speed your only goal? What about filesize, quality, compatibility, etc.?

cibu
05-24-2011, 04:44 AM
Ummm...you're right , not just speed . I wanna make a pretty good looking mkv... What programs do you suggest ?
Do you happen to know any tutorials that I can find to help me learn better ?
I found the one with StaxRip and it's pretty fast but I'm having some problems with it ( as I said it's the first time ever ) .'

late edit /// I've just figured out how to work with staxrip but the eta is 7 hours :|.....
I'm on a laptop with i3 cpu and 3 gb ram ...
I would like to know if there's a program that will encode it faster .... 7 hours is a long time...

CQ1ST
05-24-2011, 07:16 AM
>> this guide (http://www.dvd-guides.com/guides/blu-ray-rip/252-rip-blu-ray-to-mkv) has an eta of 2 hrs, 11 minutes... and it's from this website (http://www.videohelp.com/tools/RipBot264) which is in my opinion 'the' best site for this kind of stuff, the help pages are pretty top-notch, (sorry about posting a solution that requires you to install 6 bloody things to get it done!), whatever option/program you use, you should find an easy-to-follow guide here..

(btw, anydvdHD is the '6th' program needed - you'd find that on filestube, but have to virus-scan that 4sure)

::AND:: I'd get a 64bit OS asap for this