PDA

View Full Version : [Request] TL invite?

the_wind
05-26-2011, 06:29 PM
Before anyone starts flaming that I'm not a regular here on FST and too n00bish to ask for an invite, just wanted to spare your time and say that you're right. My initial intention to join FST was to get a TL invite, but in the last 2 weeks I've discovered that FST is a pretty handy forum that will save me a lot of time scouting around the internet for "wisdom" advices related to P2P. I only wish I was introduced to this forum earlier.

The reason for TL is simple - I'm an old school guy who still uses eMule on the daily basis for everything except stuff that I get on Blackcats-Games. Two weeks ago I've stumbled upon this article (http://filesharingtalk.com/content/1003-Over-23-000-IP-addresses-cited-in-BitTorrent-suit) and decided to phase out eMule in favor of a good private tracker. From the suggestions of fellow BCG members I've decided to try TL and was adviced that FST is the best way to get an invite since nobody on BCG could spare me with one.

So, this is my story and if you don't feel that I'm worthy of an invite even if I show you my stats on BCG, just skip this thread.

anon
05-26-2011, 06:46 PM
The reason for TL is simple - I'm an old school guy who still uses eMule on the daily basis for everything except stuff that I get on Blackcats-Games. Two weeks ago I've stumbled upon this article (http://filesharingtalk.com/content/1003-Over-23-000-IP-addresses-cited-in-BitTorrent-suit) and decided to phase out eMule in favor of a good private tracker.

I'm not too sure you can consider a massive tracker like TL a safer substitute for eMule. I've read many of its members received copyright letters. As we've talked before, a good ipfilter may protect you to some degree, though. :happy:

the_wind
05-26-2011, 07:46 PM
I'm not too sure you can consider a massive tracker like TL a safer substitute for eMule. I've read many of its members received copyright letters. As we've talked before, a good ipfilter may protect you to some degree, though. :happy:
I know there is no silver bullet :'( and maybe I'm too spoiled by BCG to think that a private tracker is the right choice, but at least the idea that the ed2k-link/torrent came from a site that is not indexed by a public internet search engine, I will sleep better at night. :cool:
Since I'm pretty much open for any good alternative, getting a piece of advice from a veteran like yourself will be priceless. Could you PM me about what tracker would you recommend for DVD/BR rips and TV/HDTV rips in English?

anon
05-26-2011, 08:01 PM
Since I'm pretty much open for any good alternative, getting a piece of advice from a veteran like yourself will be priceless. Could you PM me about what tracker would you recommend for DVD/BR rips and TV/HDTV rips in English?

Why should it be via PM :unsure:

IPT has that sort of stuff. It's also easy to get invited to and keep a good ratio on, unlike TL which can be a bit tough on that regard.

CleverMan
05-26-2011, 08:25 PM
Hey, you can pm me about invite. I could recommend you trackers for you needs along the way. I also advise you to see this section here http://filesharingtalk.com/what-trackers-offer/

the_wind
05-26-2011, 08:28 PM
Why should it be via PM :unsure:
Just did not want to open a can of worms publicly about which tracker is better.

IPT has that sort of stuff. It's also easy to get invited to and keep a good ratio on, unlike TL which can be a bit tough on that regard.
IPT was my second choice since their sign up is open for anyone who can donate $18.

47yassin
05-26-2011, 08:49 PM
Can u do Speedtest here http://www.speedtest.net/
and Post the result here , maybe i can help u

anon
05-26-2011, 08:58 PM
IPT was my second choice since their sign up is open for anyone who can donate $18.

Don't buy that "user limit reached" crap. Invites are dime-a-dozen, and you can join the site with one at any time.

Cabalo
05-26-2011, 09:07 PM
Just did not want to open a can of worms publicly about which tracker is better.

Soon merwais will use the same scheme for TD.