PDA

View Full Version : Fileserve/Sonic

Funkin'
05-28-2011, 06:58 AM
Which one of these hosters are better for downloading from as a free member? It's been a couple months since I've really used public DDL forums, and now I notice that most people are uploading to these two hosters.

I'm sure both only lets you download one link at a time, and has a wait time between each. But which one has the shortest wait time between links, fastest speeds, and lets you download the most daily?

There's a couple pretty big album rips that I want to grab that has links to both servers. Fileserve's faq implies you can download pretty much all you want daily, while Filesonic's faq mentions nothing about a daily limit(unless I'm being blind).

Thanks for the help.

Looks like you have to manually enter the captcha's into jdownloader with both hosters. That blows.

heiska
05-28-2011, 05:44 PM
FileServe is better for freeloaders. Both use recaptcha, you can get around it with jdownloader and captchatrader:
http://board.jdownloader.org/showthread.php?t=26845&highlight=recaptcha

anon
05-28-2011, 06:43 PM
I'm sure both only lets you download one link at a time, and has a wait time between each. But which one has the shortest wait time between links, fastest speeds, and lets you download the most daily?

It's been a long while I don't download from Fileserve as a free user since I have a Premium account, but if memory serves me well, they were both relatively equal in those regards. Maybe FS was a bit faster. If I remember correctly, you had more or less the same speeds as me, and using a free account will "guarantee" you at least 400KB/s, so it may be a good idea to create one.

I'm a fan of using my netbook as a small-scale NAS, so when I had no accounts I just looked for captcha-free mirrors and left jDownloader leeching those overnight instead. I didn't know about that thing heiska posted, but with my laziness I don't think I'd have bothered either :P

Funkin'
05-29-2011, 07:13 AM
I read about that captchatrader over at the jdownloader forums, and they were saying something like you have to either buy credits or manually enter captcha's for credits. Either way, if it's true, it's not really a good solution for me. Because like anon, I'm lazy. :P

Thanks for the info though guys. Guess I'll just download manually from either of the two.

aww123
06-18-2011, 01:00 PM
If links of both file hosted are available, why not dl from both. I mean alternatively.

anon
06-18-2011, 05:02 PM
If links of both file hosted are available, why not dl from both. I mean alternatively.

Ever heard of "interchangeable links"? :P

That's what they're there for.

aww123
06-19-2011, 12:55 PM
I dl a lot so I got the Filesonic lifetime premium acc. At that price I think it's a steal.

anon
06-19-2011, 05:34 PM
I dl a lot so I got the Filesonic lifetime premium acc.

You should hope Filesonic doesn't suddenly change their policies, making uploaders decide it's no longer worth it (as it happened with Hotfile), because in that case you're mostly screwed.

Hologram
06-19-2011, 06:25 PM
Yup, usually filehosts as they become more and more used they tend to introduce such things as download limits, lessen the worth their uploader reward system, etc. Rapidshare and Hotfile are perfect examples, buying lifetime account is not a good investment if you ask me.

aww123
06-20-2011, 04:20 PM
It's truth indeed. The world's changing real fast. I hope Filesonic would learn from the mistakes of Rapidshare and Hotfiles and not to ruin their (and my) investment.

scottperez
06-27-2011, 10:31 AM
fileserve is far more better than filesonic, to some extent fileserve can be tricked using different web browsers after one successful download , while filesonic records the user's ip-address and makes you wait for 10 mins, and also records the browser and its version, well that is awful :(

anon
06-27-2011, 02:58 PM
fileserve is far more better than filesonic, to some extent fileserve can be tricked using different web browsers after one successful download

Are you sure? I'm not sure they'd make the mistake of relying on something (IP plus User-Agent string/cookies?) easily fooled like that.

I have Premium access so I don't remember if there were waiting times between files right now.

whatcdfan
06-27-2011, 03:59 PM
yes, there are waiting times, and that old shit of getting a new ip with every new download is still favored.

kejrud
07-11-2011, 05:07 PM
they are both crappy :(

Mugur
07-11-2011, 05:29 PM
Fileserve is the crappiest hoster lately. The downloads are interrupted before they are complete and after that you have to start it all over. Fortunately, I always had alternatives.

anon
07-11-2011, 05:49 PM
Hey, is anyone else having speed issues on Fileserve? I used to get full speed all the time, now it's no more than 30-40 kB/s. It took me a whole day to snatch a couple of movies. I used to run one file at the time to avoid overloading my connection, but now I have to add one or two more if I don't want to wait forever. :wacko: And I have a Premium account, so it's not that.

swizZ8
07-12-2011, 02:37 AM
I dont have any similar issues, and you probably know that i am a free user also. :P

P2PDog
07-12-2011, 04:30 AM
Hey, is anyone else having speed issues on Fileserve? I used to get full speed all the time, now it's no more than 30-40 kB/s. It took me a whole day to snatch a couple of movies. I used to run one file at the time to avoid overloading my connection, but now I have to add one or two more if I don't want to wait forever. :wacko: And I have a Premium account, so it's not that.

It's been working fine for me lately. I have experienced those symptoms, though, with fileserve, as well as filesonic, and especially hotfile. Sometimes downloads would slow to a complete crawl. I use both fileserve and filesonic now, and I haven't experienced it with either of them for several months. I have a 30mbit connection (download), and I can usually max that out with one or two downloads.

anon
07-12-2011, 01:28 PM
Thank you both for the replies. I guess it has something to do with my location, then. That or my ISP began shaping file hosting services just like they did with P2P some years ago. :ermm:

I'm not terribly annoyed by this, though - I have a lot of files I haven't dealt with yet. Maybe this is a sign for me to stop downloading and check what I already have :P

CQ1ST
07-14-2011, 07:40 AM
@anon+P2PDog - So, you guys pay for fileserve? how much is it? do you have a deal where you pay and get more sites, for just fileserve?

@Funkin' - Most def fileserve here, I will never bother with filesonic again (it's 50-60kbps - smeh")

johhny
07-14-2011, 08:32 AM
i have both of them premium very pleased speed is always top notch at least for me :)

wisdomjobs
07-19-2011, 11:48 AM
Fileserve is best. Filesonic needs to learn more from other file hosting sites.

A13
07-20-2011, 11:42 AM
Filesonic has a file size limit at 400MB though, I know Fileserve can download at least 500MB. I couldn't complete a download because of the 400MB limit. So I would have to say Fileserve. But why don't most use megaupload? It has no captcha, and speed goes beyond the other two, free version.

P2PDog
07-20-2011, 03:42 PM
Filesonic has a file size limit at 400MB though, I know Fileserve can download at least 500MB. I couldn't complete a download because of the 400MB limit. So I would have to say Fileserve. But why don't most use megaupload? It has no captcha, and speed goes beyond the other two, free version.

Megaupload is great for free downloaders, but it doesn't offer the same incentives as the others for uploaders.

A13
07-20-2011, 03:44 PM

Megaupload is great for free downloaders, but it doesn't offer the same incentives as the others for uploaders.

And that would make sense now I see.

anon
07-20-2011, 08:33 PM
http://www.megaupload.com/?c=rewards

Ten grand if my <100MB files uploaded with a Premium account get downloaded ten million times from certain countries? Who needs to work when you have that?

lukarav
07-20-2011, 09:22 PM
I use both, but when i upload files, filesonic is faster for me. Download is about the same.