PDA

View Full Version : Tucker & Dale vs Evil

haincha
05-29-2011, 09:15 AM
This is a movie I had never heard of before it popping up on a site I regularly visit. I started watching it, and to my surprise. It was fantastic. It was really funny. I watched it with my girlfriend, whom is not a fan of these types of movies, and she also really enjoyed it.

Pretty awesome, worth checking out if you have not already.

mjmacky
05-29-2011, 09:43 AM
It's a parody of teen death in horror films, in the way that the supposed young victims believe they're in a horror film and one coincidental circumstance after another sort of forces the plot along to a point where they actually become victims. I don't know... I understand the attempt, but once you analyze the concept it's kind of difficult to pull off for and extended amount of time, so I just don't know about this one. It feels like it's using the same cheap tactic over and over again. So it would have worked really well as a short film... feature length is too much.

Original idea, some great actors (non-student), working well for it, but repetition make it boring after awhile. I didn't even finish it...

haincha
05-29-2011, 09:52 AM
The ending was not the greatest, but getting there was pretty good.

clocker
05-29-2011, 12:46 PM
This is a movie I had never heard of before it popping up on a site I regularly visit.
Pajiba, by chance?

It sounds interesting, kinda like Behind the Mask,

IdolEyes787
05-29-2011, 02:08 PM
It's a parody of teen death in horror films, in the way that the supposed young victims believe they're in a horror film and one coincidental circumstance after another sort of forces the plot along to a point where they actually become victims. I don't know... I understand the attempt, but once you analyze the concept it's kind of difficult to pull off for and extended amount of time, so I just don't know about this one. It feels like it's using the same cheap tactic over and over again. So it would have worked really well as a short film... feature length is too much.

Original idea, some great actors (non-student), working well for it, but repetition make it boring after awhile. I didn't even finish it...

That's about it in a nutshell.Once you've set up the premise and really as the director chose to do just let it linearly play out with very little else going on as distraction then it goes south amazingly fast.
A movie has to be a whole lot better than this one to get away with being so entirely bereft of surprise.

Otherwise I've always liked Alan Tudyk and Katrina Bowden has an ass you could bounce a quarter off of. (http://www.esquire.com/women/me-in-my-place/katrina-bowden-sexiest-woman-alive-2011-5518645#fbIndex1)