PDA

View Full Version : cant download from here

edogg
06-02-2011, 08:27 AM
I am new on here and i have this problem I download the nzb file and it opens altbinz but doesnot show in the download queue and the download does not start nzb file from other site work ok so what am doing wrong when try to download from here

thanks edogg

mjmacky
06-02-2011, 08:38 AM
If it's not showing up in the download queue, my first thought is that it downloads and finishes before you look at it. That would happen if you create an nzb for a small/individual file that doesn't get added as paused. For instance an nfo file. Repair volumes and nzbs (inside nzbs) will get paused, thus the entry remains in the queue. If you download every file added, the main entry will disappear from queue.

edogg
06-02-2011, 11:03 AM
thanks for your thoughts but the problem seems to be with nzb file as i have just tried the scoobydoo file and downloaded it as a zip file which is empty and all the files were selected to make nzb.zip with

edogg

mjmacky
06-02-2011, 02:43 PM
Now you're not making any sense, I think there's a language barrier.

nntpjunkie
06-02-2011, 03:07 PM
thanks for your thoughts but the problem seems to be with nzb file as i have just tried the scoobydoo file and downloaded it as a zip file which is empty and all the files were selected to make nzb.zip with

edogg

Do not download the nzb as a zip file, that feature is broken on this site and has been for a long time...for some reason it creates a zero byte empty zip file...this problem has been discussed before but never fixed so make sure you download NZBs from this site uncompressed...hope this helps

B18C5
06-02-2011, 03:12 PM
If you rename and NZB file from test.nzb say to test.nzb.xml you can load it into Internet explorer and IE will validate the XML for you. You can also look at it in wordpad if you can read XML. People get bad NZB's all the time so, it's not that unusual.

Edit: Ahh!

edogg
06-02-2011, 03:37 PM
tried the hangover part 11 changed the name to the hangover.nzb.xml as suggested and IE took me to a blank page on this site

edogg

edit I have solved it I use opera browser when i changed to IE and opened it it worked so know i now for some reason NZB files don't work from here when downloaded with Opera browser

B18C5
06-02-2011, 03:42 PM
1 - NNTPJunkie already gave you the answer.

2 - You load it as a file

"C:\dummy\test.nzb.xml" on the URL bar. Or just right click "open with".

edogg
06-02-2011, 03:47 PM
1 - NNTPJunkie already gave you the answer.

2 - You load it as a file

"C:\dummy\test.nzb.xml" on the URL bar. Or just right click "open with".

of course that is what i did but the nzb file was corrupted by downloading with opera

mjmacky
06-02-2011, 11:31 PM
What the hell are you people doing?! Just click "Create .NZB" in the binaries frame, open with Alt.binz, DONE!

edogg
06-03-2011, 08:10 AM
that is exactly what I was doing but i was using opera browser and the nzb file opened altbinz but never started the download because it was a corrupt/empty NZB file when i switched to IE everything was fine

mjmacky
06-03-2011, 09:47 AM
Never had problems with Firefox or Chrome with NZBs, why are your seemingly only 2 options IE and Opera?

edogg
06-03-2011, 09:56 AM
I prefer opera to firefox and chrome and IE came with windows but i only use it when opera fails it is only this sites nzbs that have caused problems