PDA

View Full Version : help with downloading NZBs ,post that are a few weeks old fail ???

hyper1966
06-03-2011, 12:57 PM
hi can you please help me i have a NEWSBIN PRO , but over the last few weeks i seem to get files that i download fail there download black and fail , if the post (files )are a few weeks old,I have tried on a couple of sites with same problem, i queud up on newsbin pro before never had this problem .
The web site i use = http://filesharingtalk.com/nzbs/ i had no problems before with queuing files.
I use Newshosting , Downloads unlimited, Binary retention 1022days ,Text retention ,256 bit Encrypyion,100,000+ uncensored newsgroups.Thanks advance hyper

B18C5
06-03-2011, 04:21 PM
Might be better to post this to Newsbin's forums. What do you see in the logging tab? 430 errors? How about other files about the same age?

zot
06-04-2011, 02:08 AM
I assume from your description that only certain NZBs/files fail to download, while others work? If that's the case, it's probably not a fault of the client. (unless Newsbin Pro chokes on file names that are too long or have non-supported characters? I've seen that problem appear on a few newly-birthed newsreaders, but I think that is unlikely on any highly tested software such as Newsbin.)

Sometimes an NZB site will put out mal-formed NZBs (solution: try another site)

Sometimes a file will get deleted off your server due to a copyright complaint (solution: try another provider like Hitnews (free no-cc trial), Astraweb or Blocknews.)

B18C5
06-04-2011, 11:58 AM
I looked at the NZB's you sent and was able to download a sampling of the files with no issue. This is to giganews. At this point, I'm assuming server issue. Might want to try version 6RC1. That's what I tested with.

Interesting thing I noticed yesterday with someone else. Looks like Newshosting has a hard cap of 120 million headers in, at least the groups I looked at yesterday. Giganews had 192 million in the same group. I believe it's a case where you can download 1000 day old files but, can't get a complete header listing.

hyper1966
06-05-2011, 11:27 AM
ok i emailed newsbin ,they helped me so much ,there the best thank you newsbin.
The problem had some thing to newhosting , i have changed to Astraweb all working now no more errors thanks everyone hyper