PDA

View Full Version : I have just realized...

j2k4
06-05-2011, 08:15 PM
...how few posts I need to make 15K.

Little help, here...

chalice
06-05-2011, 08:25 PM
Hello, Kevin.

http://filesharingtalk.com/threads/39452-Who-Are-Your-Favorite-Forum-Members?highlight=j24k

chalice
06-05-2011, 08:37 PM
Anna! Anna Miller!

megabyteme
06-05-2011, 09:10 PM
I'll throw in some support, and inch even closer to my approaching 5k. :shifty:

j2k4
06-05-2011, 10:49 PM
Anna! Anna Miller!

Where? Where?

j2k4
06-05-2011, 10:50 PM
I'll throw in some support, and inch even closer to my approaching 5k. :shifty:

Back atcha, then.

clocker
06-06-2011, 12:20 PM
Anna! Anna Miller!
Holy crap!
She's back?

j2k4
06-06-2011, 07:41 PM
Anna! Anna Miller!
Holy crap!
She's back?

Apparently.

Reminds me of the Junior Brown song: "You're Wanted By The Po-lice, and My Wife Thinks You're Dead".

Artemis
06-07-2011, 04:41 AM
There's some luverly new troll freds here if you need to quickly (guiltily) bounce that count up, or is it quality over quantity ?

swizZ8
06-07-2011, 05:44 AM
j2k4, whats the weather like in your place atm?

IdolEyes787
06-07-2011, 12:27 PM
Will you please hurry the fuck up and get to 15000 posts already. If you need any help here are a some hints.
Take your brain out of equation.
Stop trying to be interesting.The people you are playing to aren't interesting are they?
The weather is always a good topic for discussion unless you are from LA.
Also don't be afraid to reply to every idiot and every lame thread no matter how stupid ,pointless or distasteful.See I'm doing it here so plus one.
When in doubt use profanity.

Artemis
06-07-2011, 12:28 PM
......Also don't be afraid to reply to every idiot and every lame thread no matter how stupid ,pointless or distasteful.See I'm doing it here so plus one.
Fuck thats a great idea! why didn't I think of that ?

mjmacky
06-07-2011, 01:50 PM
Also don't be afraid to reply to every idiot and every lame thread no matter how stupid ,pointless or distasteful

I make a habit out of this one myself, even when the thread has nothing to do with me or I cannot really contribute. I usually just find a way to talk about myself.

IdolEyes787
06-07-2011, 01:57 PM
Also don't be afraid to reply to every idiot and every lame thread no matter how stupid ,pointless or distasteful

I make a habit out of this one myself, even when the thread has nothing to do with me or I cannot really contribute. I usually just find a way to talk about myself.
Irony I like it.

......Also don't be afraid to reply to every idiot and every lame thread no matter how stupid ,pointless or distasteful.See I'm doing it here so plus one.

I'm going with the obvious choice here and saying that you're not bright enough.

swizZ8
06-07-2011, 06:43 PM
Irony I like it.

I like licking navels because you wont get mononucleosis.

:naughty:

j2k4
06-07-2011, 07:45 PM
There's some luverly new troll freds here if you need to quickly (guiltily) bounce that count up, or is it quality over quantity ?

I aim for quantity and get quality instead - the harder I try, the worse it gets - I'm at the end of my string with all of this.

Weather is alternately hot (90F) and muggy, then cool (52F) and 30 mph winds, back-and-forth inside of an hour.

More variety than Public Broadcasting, for sure.

Will you please hurry the fuck up and get to 15000 posts already. If you need any help here are a some hints.
Stop trying to be interesting.The people you are playing to aren't interesting are they?
Also don't be afraid to reply to every idiot and every lame thread no matter how stupid ,pointless or distasteful.See I'm doing it here so plus one.

1. Don't rush me, or I'll ride this sucker into my 11th year here, damn you.

2. Take your own brain out - I can't think without mine.

3. I'm not here because I'm interested in anything.

Are you?

4. I am, in fact, posting from LA.

A Pure-D fact.

5. You see, of course, that I've packed all of you into one post, yet you would question my motives - you, sir, are a cad.

6. I am never in fucking doubt.

And now you have.

Go forth and froth, won't you.

That's how it started with IdolEyes, too.

He's now a franchise.

Irony I like it.

The only time I had mono, it was because I had the lack of foresight to lick a navel.

It happened in high school...

IdolEyes787
06-07-2011, 08:33 PM
The only time I had mono, it was because I had the lack of foresight to lick a navel.

Too much gazing and not enough licking obviously.Little known fact but that's what killed the Confederacy.

j2k4
06-07-2011, 10:29 PM

Too much gazing and not enough licking obviously.Little known fact but that's what killed the Confederacy.

Confederacy, hell.

She was just a very blonde Finnish girl gone wrong.

Artemis
06-08-2011, 04:12 AM

And now you have.

I froth, therefore I am...

megabyteme
06-08-2011, 07:36 PM

I suppose, if nothing else, that saves on shaving cream. :idunno:

j2k4
06-08-2011, 08:52 PM

Confederacy, hell.

She was just a very blonde Finnish girl gone wrong.

Actually, to correct us both, it wasn't the navel-gazing, but rather the navel-grazing, that led to the ensuing and extended enervation.

And now you have.

It's magic, eh? :whistling

I suppose, if nothing else, that saves on shaving cream. :idunno:

Universally purposeful.

It's how I roll.

megabyteme
06-08-2011, 09:16 PM
30 remaining...

After all this time, I am still not quite certain what business you are in. Do I remember correctly that it has to do with video? How many work for you, and have you had to make serious changes over the past few years?

IdolEyes787
06-08-2011, 09:48 PM
Post #21 yadda yadda yadda blither .
Seem to have opened the floodgates.I'm sort of sorry now I feigned support.:mellow:

j2k4
06-08-2011, 10:09 PM
30 remaining...

After all this time, I am still not quite certain what business you are in. Do I remember correctly that it has to do with video? How many work for you, and have you had to make serious changes over the past few years?

There is video involved, yes.

I currently employ only eight people; lost two this past year to a government cut-back.

Serious changes...at this point, any change is serious; in fact, have serious change scheduled over the next month-or-two.

We'll see how it shakes out.

Seem to have opened the floodgates.I'm sort of sorry now I feigned support.:mellow:

Oh, quit being pissy, it's me.

megabyteme
06-08-2011, 10:56 PM
Sorry to hear of the cut-backs. With a group that small, it must be like parting from friends. :(

I had a very hard time firing people myself. Finally, I had to recognize that I was not "killing" them, just had reason for them not to be part of "our" working group. I tend to get too attached, I guess...

Are you a still photographer, as well? With my back being in such dire shape, my wife and I have considered building an addition to our house that would work as a digital photo studio. We have shot several senior pictures, and have taken Christmas photos for a Costco party the past two years. It seems to be something that might be a possibility.

Technically, I could have been on disability (SSI) for the past 2 years. Since I've been in school, money has not been a huge factor, but now that we are finished with our Master's, we do have a monthly shortfall. I am certainly not thrilled with the thought of being labeled "permanently disabled". However, the list of things that I am physically able to do is substantially limited, and has been for 3+ years. :(

I am curious of your thoughts on my situation. As a once strong conservative, I find my situation ironic, if nothing else... :frusty:

IdolEyes787
06-08-2011, 11:04 PM

Fish that refuse to take the bait are what spoils fishing.
Fucking intelligent fish.

j2k4
06-09-2011, 01:34 AM
Sorry to hear of the cut-backs. With a group that small, it must be like parting from friends. :(

I had a very hard time firing people myself. Finally, I had to recognize that I was not "killing" them, just had reason for them not to be part of "our" working group. I tend to get too attached, I guess...

Are you a still photographer, as well? With my back being in such dire shape, my wife and I have considered building an addition to our house that would work as a digital photo studio. We have shot several senior pictures, and have taken Christmas photos for a Costco party the past two years. It seems to be something that might be a possibility.

Technically, I could have been on disability (SSI) for the past 2 years. Since I've been in school, money has not been a huge factor, but now that we are finished with our Master's, we do have a monthly shortfall. I am certainly not thrilled with the thought of being labeled "permanently disabled". However, the list of things that I am physically able to do is substantially limited, and has been for 3+ years. :(

I am curious of your thoughts on my situation. As a once strong conservative, I find my situation ironic, if nothing else... :frusty:

Photography is not my bag, but it sounds like an option for you, something you could do alongside of anything relevant to your degree.

You never mentioned what your field was, sir.

Mea Culpa - I was being thick, not intelligent.

Let's start over...

IdolEyes787
06-09-2011, 02:25 AM
Sorry I'm not in the mood.,it will have to wait until Friday.

IdolEyes787
06-09-2011, 02:27 AM
Course with my luck you're an Episcopalian and haven't got the slightest clue what I'm talking about.

Artemis
06-09-2011, 05:26 AM

So you're one of the few canucks that doesn't employ the odd stick of dynamite as part of your tackle ?

IdolEyes787
06-09-2011, 12:42 PM
No you are confusing us with our redneck neighbours to the south.An honest mistake actually as we appear identical on the outside and only inspection of the internal working shows that Americans are lacking both a heart and a soul.
Btw the prescribed method of fishing in Canada involves becoming ineffectual to the point that the fish forget that you are actually there and then when their backs are turned sneaking up and savagely boring them to death.

It does make live release sort of an iffy proposition though as the line between smiling pleasantly and pretending to pay and attention and dead is a surprisingly thin one.

mjmacky
06-09-2011, 12:55 PM
No you are confusing us with our redneck neighbours to the south.An honest mistake actually as we appear identical on the outside and only inspection of the internal working shows that Americans are lacking both a heart and a soul.

I can offer first hand observations that most (> 50 %) Americans are in fact rednecks, not just the rural populations. I can't speak on the existence of metaphorical hearts and souls, but their brain functions tend to focus on the heavy use of singular pathways. That is to say, unimpressive and under utilized brain activity.

megabyteme
06-09-2011, 01:28 PM
Photography is not my bag, but it sounds like an option for you, something you could do alongside of anything relevant to your degree.

You never mentioned what your field was, sir.

Undergrad: BA in Organizational Management
Graduate: Master's in Communication and Leadership Studies
Grad. Certificate: Servant Leadership

So far, that adds up to "stay at home dad with bad back..." Or, perhaps, shrimpin' boat cap'n. :(

IdolEyes787
06-09-2011, 04:18 PM

I'm looking for a head butler if you are interested?

Quarterquack
06-09-2011, 04:38 PM
So you're one of the few canucks that doesn't employ the odd stick of dynamite as part of your tackle ?

IdolEyes doesn't believe in blowing up good-for-hockey ice. Especially with the way the canucks have been getting their heads beaten in for the past two games, I'm thinking they need all the practice they can get, even if it interrupts other national sports such as ice fishing, in order to maximize rink availability.

I can offer first hand observations that most (> 50 %) Americans are in fact rednecks, not just the rural populations.

Blame Bush and Obama. They taught the minorities (Texans and African Americans) that it's alright to leave home and reproduce all over the country.

I thought he was already married?

IdolEyes787
06-09-2011, 04:52 PM
It was 31C here yesterday with a humidex of 41 .The ice wasn't fit to skate on so I went skiing instead.

mjmacky
06-09-2011, 05:23 PM
I can offer first hand observations that most (> 50 %) Americans are in fact rednecks, not just the rural populations.

Blame Bush and Obama

Can't blame Bush just yet, the degradation of American education will be pushing out substandard idiots into the adult population en masse very soon. Some of them are already "adults", but the damage was done as the programs matured, so that's what we're waiting on. Bush was an idiot, Obama is actually a smart guy but I don't know if his administration has really done anything to change education in the U.S.

megabyteme
06-09-2011, 09:08 PM

Some things are even below me. Not many, but I refuse to butler your head. :noes:

j2k4
06-09-2011, 09:21 PM

Some things are even below me. Not many, but I refuse to butler your head. :noes:

I doubt Idol is tall enough for that.

Unless your have to sit down 'cuz of your back or.

IdolEyes787
06-09-2011, 09:26 PM
I don't know if I'm tall or not since mostly I hang around with children.
Btw Kev,I hope you don't mind if I call you Kev, living in LA have you ever seen any big stars like Kim Kardashian or one of the Jonas brothers?

j2k4
06-09-2011, 09:27 PM
I can offer first hand observations that most (> 50 %) Americans are in fact rednecks, not just the rural populations. I can't speak on the existence of metaphorical hearts and souls, but their brain functions tend to focus on the heavy use of singular pathways. That is to say, unimpressive and under utilized brain activity.

Not disagreeing with your last (it is entirely correct), but how do you come by this familiarity?

You imply comprehensive studies, with mathematical content.

Please clarify.

j2k4
06-09-2011, 09:35 PM
I don't know if I'm tall or not since mostly I hang around with children.
Btw Kev,I hope you don't mind if I call you Kev, living in LA have you ever seen any big stars like Kim Kardashian or one of the Jonas brothers?

I live in the LA that is not Los Angeles; however, my ex-wife lives here, and she looks like a 54-year-old Kim Kardashian, fake boobs and all - sort of over-ripe, y'know?

We have the Connor brothers as well - there are scads of them, and they all play and sing.

They are teh ghey.

Yeah, it's just like Los Angeles, only lots smaller.

One might say it's downright Canadian in countenance.

IdolEyes787
06-09-2011, 09:41 PM
We have the Connor brothers as well - there are scads of them, and they all play and sing.

I only know Jimmy and his brother Stompin' Tom you mean there are more of them?
Oh yeah and John Connor but I'm confused of the whole thing if he's actually been born yet or not.

j2k4
06-09-2011, 10:54 PM

I only know Jimmy and his brother Stompin' Tom you mean there are more of them?
Oh yeah and John Connor but I'm confused of the whole thing if he's actually been born yet or not.

We have Bill, Dennis, Jr., Scott, Justin, Henry, Phillip, and David.

The ones I've actually seen, at any rate - rumor has it there are a few more consigned to someone's basement, away from public portals.

chalice
06-09-2011, 11:03 PM
One of my earlier clients: I believe you knew him as Lamsey, with an unhealthy adherence to medieval trebuchet techniques, and a singular horizontal hirsuteness met a just and ironic end shortly after his last forum post circa 2004.

His eyebrows were chewed to death by a burgeoning field mouse.

I won't say I did it. But in retrospect, I surely encourage it.

j2k4
06-10-2011, 12:34 AM
His eyes-brow were chewed to death by a burgeoning field mouse.

ftfy.

Poor Liam.

Done in by our wee, tiny mouse.

mjmacky
06-10-2011, 09:02 AM
but how do you come by this familiarity?

Please clarify.

I said observation, right? However, if you're interested in empirical evidence:
-Jersey Shore was profitable enough not only to finish a season, but to make more than 1 season
OK, I'm sorry, that was anecdotal, how about some statistics:

>>>Some statistics here about how less than 50 % of Americans know the right answer about some well known/understood fact<<<

American idiocy in and of itself doesn't particularly bother me, it makes it easier to manipulate the microworld around me (don't know if you can tell just how lazy I am, e.g. my shortcut just above). What bothers me are situations like this: less than 20 % know what a cell is, but 30-50 % would argue against stem cell research, 10 % knows what radiation is but 40 % would argue against nuclear power. The people here are led around by mob mentality. People are dumb, but chances are so is the person.

More on the level with subjective opinion, 90 % of Americans believe at least one god exists, 40 - 60 % attend church. I think 90 % of Americans are fools.

j2k4
06-10-2011, 09:23 PM
but how do you come by this familiarity?

Please clarify.

I said observation, right? However, if you're interested in empirical evidence:
-Jersey Shore was profitable enough not only to finish a season, but to make more than 1 season
OK, I'm sorry, that was anecdotal, how about some statistics:

>>>Some statistics here about how less than 50 % of Americans know the right answer about some well known/understood fact<<<

American idiocy in and of itself doesn't particularly bother me, it makes it easier to manipulate the microworld around me (don't know if you can tell just how lazy I am, e.g. my shortcut just above). What bothers me are situations like this: less than 20 % know what a cell is, but 30-50 % would argue against stem cell research, 10 % knows what radiation is but 40 % would argue against nuclear power. The people here are led around by mob mentality. People are dumb, but chances are so is the person.

More on the level with subjective opinion, 90 % of Americans believe at least one god exists, 40 - 60 % attend church. I think 90 % of Americans are fools.

So, then - you offer various 'proofs' of American idiocy, and also your view that "90% of Americans are fools".

I think it's more than that, but...whatever.

You averred that ">50%" of Americans were "rednecks".

Support that, please.

Do you even know what a redneck is.

clocker
06-11-2011, 12:09 AM
[QUOTE=j2k4;3585503]

...how about some statistics:

<INSERT STATISTICS THAT PROVE THIS IS CRAP>

I like this method of "proof".
It's so easy.

mjmacky
06-11-2011, 12:12 AM
You averred that ">50%" of Americans were "rednecks".

Support that, please.

Do you even know what a redneck is.

Ohhhhh, you meant THAT. Actually now that I reread the question it should have been clear that's what you were asking.

So this would be sampling, but the 2004 popular vote for presidency (statistical). The success of Larry the Cable Guy (anecdotal). Well you know what, I'm just repeating the same formula. I would rather derail this and point out that I can easily stand by this statement by defining redneck as someone who bigoted, or as a poor white person. Even if those aren't convincing, I could shift it to another flavor that would have some consensus of majority status.

But let's get to the root of it. What's really going is that I've used many adjectives/nouns/adjective-nouns to describe all the dumb white people I've been made aware to exist, and I use those terms interchangeably. That's not to say I don't misuse/abuse the term. I call my Korean friend a redneck because he bought a pickup truck without any conceivable reason to have one.

And for the final question, yes, regrettably I'm all too familiar with what a redneck is, in every form of its definition. Thanks for making me have to consider this aspect of my reality, it's fucking depressing.

mjmacky
06-11-2011, 12:16 AM
<INSERT STATISTICS THAT PROVE THIS IS CRAP>

I like this method of "proof".
It's so easy.

Isn't it? It'll catch on, and you'll all ask, why has no one ever thought of this before?! The answer will be, as it is usually, it was thought of and used before, but just needed a catalyst to spread.

clocker
06-11-2011, 01:50 AM
Genius.

Hologram
06-11-2011, 09:44 AM
Troll me j2k4.

j2k4
06-11-2011, 02:10 PM
Troll me j2k4.

I don't do that.

Do I?

Hologram
06-11-2011, 02:17 PM
Do me.

j2k4
06-11-2011, 02:27 PM
Do me.

I'll need some sort of inspiration, then.

Do you best.

Skweeky
06-12-2011, 08:42 PM
I couldn't miss out on this momentous occasion Kev.
14 to go!

Hologram
06-12-2011, 08:45 PM
So close, yet so far.

IdolEyes787
06-12-2011, 08:49 PM
At this rate no one hold their breath.

Hologram
06-12-2011, 08:52 PM
Or else?

IdolEyes787
06-12-2011, 08:55 PM
Usually you die but small chance of my luck improving to that extent

j2k4
06-12-2011, 11:50 PM
I couldn't miss out on this momentous occasion Kev.
14 to go!

Oy, Sonja!

If I were there, I'd give you such a hug.

Hope you, the Hun and the tads is good and square.

So close, yet so far.

And here I am again, covering extra bases, doing kwality werk.

At this rate no one hold their breath.

Never, ever hold your breath on the interweb; other bodily functions will interfere, sure as, well...shit.

Or else?

See above.

Usually you die but small chance of my luck improving to that extent

Your vendetta survives, I see.

Good on you, and always remember:

DO NOT GO QUIETLY.

IdolEyes787
06-13-2011, 12:02 AM
Dylan Thomas

Though wise men at their end know dark is right,
Because their words had forked no lightning they
Do not go gentle into that good night.

chalice
06-13-2011, 12:10 AM
The text I had for that poem in school had been defaced and I can't think of the poem in its original form.

All the 'G's had been replaced with 'P's.

j2k4
06-13-2011, 09:12 PM
Dylan Thomas

Though wise men at their end know dark is right,
Because their words had forked no lightning they
Do not go gentle into that good night.

Ah - thanks.

Knew something wasn't kosher.

jim2tk
06-15-2011, 12:56 AM
i'll race you to 15k

chalice
06-15-2011, 12:59 AM
Go!

chalice
06-15-2011, 01:08 AM
Wasted exercise to be fair.

Kev, at this rate, will most likely achieve mortality 5 posts short. While James will dither eternally on 14,999 just to be a cunt.

j2k4
06-15-2011, 01:10 AM
My front-runner status will do me in, I'm sure of it.

I'll be lucky to make 14,992.

Oh, damn, damn, damn!

IdolEyes787
06-15-2011, 11:59 AM
OK I see this isn't going well,maybe if we were to talk about something you were personally interested in.
How about them politics eh?

Hologram
06-15-2011, 12:27 PM
Insinuations my man, how about weather?

clocker
06-15-2011, 01:08 PM
You may not be aware that Kev is quite the car guy...if you need a topic that might interest him, try that.

IdolEyes787
06-15-2011, 03:45 PM
I ran over a puppy the other day*.Ever run over anything interesting in a car?

* Actually I didn't but one has to make concessions in attempt to be friendly.

Hologram
06-15-2011, 04:31 PM

A pidgin. It was a bloddy feathery mess.

j2k4
06-15-2011, 08:45 PM
OK I see this isn't going well,maybe if we were to talk about something you were personally interested in.
How about them politics eh?

Yeah, but it's early days.

No, wait, isn't it supposed end this October, according to that guy.

Whatever.

Insinuations my man, how about weather?

Weather, interestingly enough, has been less-than-interesting.

You may not be aware that Kev is quite the car guy...if you need a topic that might interest him, try that.

I have a car that is stimulating enough to alleviate my guilt over the relatively small but still copious and constant outflow of cash, the last of which is to pay for the first actual repair I have had to make.

The rest has been utterly gratuitous, but, in the scheme of things, an incredible bargain, all in the name of fun.

Prick.

* Actually I didn't but one has to make concessions in attempt to be friendly.

Oh.

Well, then.

Intent well spent.

Do you see what I did there.

A pidgin. It was a bloddy feathery mess.

I had a lame deer ruin into one of my site vehicles several years ago.

He was none-the-worse for wear; I was only traveling about ten mph, and he ran into me; he didn't even take a tumble, ffs, so get off my fucking back about it, eh.

Hologram
06-15-2011, 10:07 PM
Thumbs up for answering the whole thread. :) And down, after all you did killed a deer.

mjmacky
06-16-2011, 01:23 AM
Thumbs down for creating big gaps in your thread and annoying me
Thumbs up for creating big gaps in your thread and annoying other people

clocker
06-16-2011, 02:00 AM
I predict that Kev will do the honourable thing and suspend posting at 14,999.

Possibly.

mjmacky
06-16-2011, 04:15 AM
I predict that Kev will do the honourable thing and suspend posting at 14,999.

Possibly.

Nope, he made his 15000th post, and maybe to his misfortune it was a retraction regarding an assumption made about me :(

Then I must offer you my sincerest apology for taking the liberty of mis-attributing your animus.

Please tell us about Mr. Gore, my American friend.

megabyteme
06-16-2011, 05:14 AM
Mentioning Gore in a climactic post is, well, anti-climatic. :sadwalk:

Hologram
06-16-2011, 10:06 AM
This is not a post.

Evelyn
06-16-2011, 04:20 PM
This is not a post.
then ?
S.P.A.M ?

Hologram
06-16-2011, 04:21 PM
This is not a post.
then ?
S.P.A.M ?

It's a reply. doh!

Evelyn
06-16-2011, 04:22 PM
oh yesh, im dumb :P

Hologram
06-16-2011, 04:32 PM
oh yesh, im dumb :P

A sin confessed is half forgiven. Jehovas taught me that.

Evelyn
06-16-2011, 04:36 PM
Jehovas taught me that.
who is Jehovas, what is his post count ?

Hologram
06-16-2011, 04:37 PM
Jehovas taught me that.
who is Jehovas, what is his post count ?

Jehovas witnesses, right after I told them to fuck off.

j2k4
06-16-2011, 06:52 PM
How many witnesses, then?

Dammit - there it went.

Oh, well, it's probably my last milestone in here, if I know me. :dabs:

IdolEyes787
06-16-2011, 07:11 PM
I'd congratulate you but really what is there to congratulate you about?
As for Jehovah's Witlessess while at university I made the regrettable mistake of not treating them with the proper contempt when they tried to recruit me into their cult.
In the end it took the concerted effort of most of my dorm floor to convince them I was actually a Satanist so that they would finally leave me alone.
I still feel some guilt over the animal sacrifices but desperate times call for drastic measures .

IdolEyes787
06-16-2011, 07:12 PM
Btw if I ever make 20k posts please shoot me.See above.

j2k4
06-16-2011, 09:01 PM
I'd congratulate you but really what is there to congratulate you about?
As for Jehovah's Witlessess while at university I made the regrettable mistake of not treating them with the proper contempt when they tried to recruit me into their cult.
In the end it took the concerted effort of most of my dorm floor to convince them I was actually a Satanist so that they would finally leave me alone.
I still feel some guilt over the animal sacrifices but desperate times call for drastic measures .

Shortly after the birth of my daughter, I answered a knock at my door to find the Reverend Curtis Davis, Sr., from the JW church down the street, with his wife.

I was giving her a bottle at the time, and this asshole grabbed my baby away from me and shouted "Praise be, another for our flock!", so I grabbed his wife for safekeeping until he gave my little girl back.

He hurried away, but Mrs. Davis seemed to want to stay.

Btw if I ever make 20k posts please shoot me.See above.

I'll keep you in my sights, buddy. :)

Hologram
06-16-2011, 09:49 PM
I have just realized this thread is 10 pages long.

j2k4
06-16-2011, 11:40 PM
I have just realized this thread is 10 pages long.

Max out your 'per page' settings in CP.

RPerry
06-20-2011, 02:14 AM

Dammit - there it went.

Don't you at least want to celebrate a 10 yr Anniversary Kev ? That's about how often I come around now as it is....

j2k4
06-21-2011, 12:21 AM

Dammit - there it went.

Don't you at least want to celebrate a 10 yr Anniversary Kev ? That's about how often I come around now as it is....

Holy shit.

Rob, my friend, how are you?

Lordy, it has been a while - hope all is well?

Ten years will be November - I'll be here; how could I not?

RPerry
06-22-2011, 11:38 AM

Holy shit.

This November will be 9 Kev :)

I'm good, living life to it's fullest. Have had ups and downs like anyone else, but I look forward to each day as a challenge. About to go to Lowes this morning to get some drywall to fix a bathroom my Girlfriends ex screwed up and left started but not finished. several hundred things in the house like that, I have extra work to keep me busy for yrs.

Hows Kev Doing ? I miss you guys and never forget.

Evelyn
06-22-2011, 12:49 PM
:)

j2k4
06-22-2011, 07:34 PM
Holy shit.

I'm good, living life to it's fullest. Have had ups and downs like anyone else, but I look forward to each day as a challenge. About to go to Lowes this morning to get some drywall to fix a bathroom my Girlfriends ex screwed up and left started but not finished. several hundred things in the house like that, I have extra work to keep me busy for yrs.

I'm obviously getting old - wracked with brain farts involving numbers.

I just keep plodding along, fending off requests to run for office.:rolleyes:

Hologram
06-22-2011, 08:41 PM
:d

RPerry
06-23-2011, 02:28 AM

I'm obviously getting old - wracked with brain farts involving numbers.

I just keep plodding along, fending off requests to run for office.:rolleyes:

You are aging pal... we all do. but never get old, that's a choice !

Barbarossa
06-27-2011, 12:06 PM
I forgot my 9th anniversary :O

Something Else
06-27-2011, 06:12 PM

Happy birthday young man!

Coincidentally, me and Mrs.Something Else forgot ours. It was our ninth too.

KFlint
06-27-2011, 06:51 PM
Coincidentally, me and Mrs.Something Else forgot ours. It was our ninth too.

A woman forgetting an anniversary? :O

Isn't that their job to remember it?

Something Else
06-27-2011, 07:35 PM
I thought that their role in the whole anniversary thing was to hold it against you when you forgot.

I used to be a panto' horse, but I quit while I was ahead.

:drumroll:

j2k4
06-27-2011, 07:53 PM

Happy ninth, Barbie!

Squeamous
06-27-2011, 11:51 PM
I aim for quantity and get quality instead - the harder I try, the worse it gets - I'm at the end of my string with all of this.

Weather is alternately hot (90F) and muggy, then cool (52F) and 30 mph winds, back-and-forth inside of an hour.

Are you?

A Pure-D fact.

5. You see, of course, that I've packed all of you into one post, yet you would question my motives - you, sir, are a cad.

And now you have.

He's now a franchise.

Irony I like it.

You could have posted all those separately and reached your target quicker. You just didn't think did you?

j2k4
06-28-2011, 01:42 AM

Are you?

A Pure-D fact.

And now you have.

He's now a franchise.

Irony I like it.

You could have posted all those separately and reached your target quicker. You just didn't think did you?

To the contrary, I wished to linger for just a bit...a bit of reclamation, perhaps.

Reeled you in, at any rate.

Maybe you'll sprout your first gray hair on the occasion of my 20,000th post.

Squeamous
06-28-2011, 11:04 AM
To the contrary, I wished to linger for just a bit...a bit of reclamation, perhaps.

Tantric posting

I'm not going to have any grey hairs. I am going to go from blonde to platinum white the moment it happens - none of this indecisive ageing for me thank you.

j2k4
06-28-2011, 07:18 PM

Tantric posting

I'm not going to have any grey hairs. I am going to go from blonde to platinum white the moment it happens - none of this indecisive ageing for me thank you.

If anyone can do it, my money's on you.

Now we just have to work out the timing...

Squeamous
06-28-2011, 10:41 PM
Tantric posting

You could try frightening me with your 20,000th post?

j2k4
06-29-2011, 01:12 AM

And undo your blonde-to-platinum strategy?

What do you take me for, Madame?

Squeamous
06-29-2011, 01:47 AM

I just had a horrible thought! You will probably be dead by the time I get my first grey hair!

j2k4
06-29-2011, 08:11 PM

I just had a horrible thought! You will probably be dead by the time I get my first grey hair!

:cry:

Squeamous
06-30-2011, 10:28 AM

:cry:

:hug: