PDA

View Full Version : Newsgroups on Ipad

drunkenm4ster
06-08-2011, 02:24 PM
So can I download nzbs on my ipad and then run the extractions etc?

Yes I know it seems like a long shot, and the 'why on earth would you want to do that anyway?' comments will come through...but...
Is it possible?, I mean with rars and pars and the limitations of IOS probably no, but there has to be somebody who has tried and may even have been successful even down the jailbreaking avenue?.
:unsure:
Thanks

mjmacky
06-08-2011, 02:39 PM
limitations of IOS

Well that's an understatement. I think you'll have more luck loading Android on it once it's jailbroken

nntpjunkie
06-08-2011, 02:48 PM
you can use Easynews EZGlobal app to download files and stream movies to your iPad in real time, just search for .mp4 files. You can download files unpacked from Easynews using a download manager with EZGlobal, but after that there is not to much you can do with the files on the iPad. If VLC for the iPad would scan for and allow you to open files on the iPad it would be game over, but as it is you have to tether to sync videos in vlc for playback - so STUPID.

The EZGlobal app works very well you may want to give it a go Click here (http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ez-global-search-easynews/id396201962?mt=8)

zot
06-09-2011, 04:15 AM
Newsguy/NNTPjunkie have a web-client as well as a cellphone download service, so that might be something worth looking into

callum
06-10-2011, 11:02 PM
you can use Easynews EZGlobal app to download files and stream movies to your iPad in real time, just search for .mp4 files. You can download files unpacked from Easynews using a download manager with EZGlobal, but after that there is not to much you can do with the files on the iPad. If VLC for the iPad would scan for and allow you to open files on the iPad it would be game over, but as it is you have to tether to sync videos in vlc for playback - so STUPID.

The EZGlobal app works very well you may want to give it a go Click here (http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ez-global-search-easynews/id396201962?mt=8)

I'm pretty sure that if you use iFile to find and open a downloaded file, it'll give you the option to open it in VLC.