PDA

View Full Version : What's the fastest way to get pre notification?

dogcodeo6
06-09-2011, 10:28 PM
I'm currently using a Firefox's addon called Update Scanner to monitor orlydb and VCDQ for a couple of movies I'm waiting for. orlydb seems to be working, but I'm not so sure if it works this way. is there a better way? (I don't have newsgroup subscription)

thanks

heiska
06-10-2011, 12:08 AM
IRC:
#pre @p2p-net
#pre @corrupt-net
etc.

dogcodeo6
06-10-2011, 12:34 AM
thanks for the reply, what are the top channels to start monitoring? is there a tutorial to setup notification for a specific movie? couldn't find much in Google and I'm a total n00b when it comes to IRC

heiska
06-10-2011, 01:40 PM
1. Download mirc: http://www.mirc.com
2. Click this: #pre @p2pnet (irc://irc.p2p-net.eu/pre) or #pre @corrupt-net (irc://irc.corrupt-net.org/pre)

I don't know how to set it up to notify on a specific movie.

Hiccup
06-11-2011, 02:08 AM
I guess it depends on the release, but an RSS of a scene blog might do the trick.

Hologram
06-11-2011, 09:48 AM
I guess it depends on the release, but an RSS of a scene blog might do the trick.

It might do the trick, but it's definitely not the fastest way for you to get notifications. And scene blogs don't post a shitload of releases, just the ones they think are the most important.

ca_aok
06-11-2011, 01:07 PM
Depending on your client you should be able to set up a highlight for certain criteria, just do that and idle in the #pre channels.

In X-Chat it's Settings->Preferences->Alerts->Extra words to highlight.

Cabalo
06-11-2011, 06:48 PM

I use rlslog's RSS feed to get notifications on the categories I care about.

DanielleD87
06-16-2011, 06:05 AM
Just go on any old pre chan on IRC. They are quite fast compared to the private ones today, and it is easy to script with mIRC (as well as other clients).

If you want a notification, you can set it to highlight or play a noise or whatever. Most people just do a dupe check. Basically in the pre channel type: !dupe release-name (most pre channels work this way) and it will tell you if it is on the net yet or not. Also, if you keep the IRC channel in the background 24/7 it is as simple as a ctrl+f and search the irc channel.

ca_aok
06-16-2011, 01:47 PM
^ Keep in mind if you're doing a dupe check, many networks have a #pre.search or #pre-search channel where you're expected to use those commands, rather than the generic #pre.