PDA

View Full Version : Going To Build My Dream Pc

pienmash
11-10-2003, 11:01 PM
rite people ,please help.im gonna build my own pc ,could you please tell me,what components i need,im not stupid(my wife would argue against that)i know wot a soundcard does and where to install it,and i know i need ram but my problem is processor????if i get a asus motherboard and a intel four chip and fan ,is that all i need for the processing side of things?????????help,please

clocker
11-10-2003, 11:17 PM
Your first step is to fix a target price and describe what it is that you want the machine to do.

Then we can go from there.

Triadcool
11-10-2003, 11:24 PM
What is your budget? :huh:

Wednesday
11-10-2003, 11:33 PM
Tryhere (http://www.cclcomputers.co.uk) they have cofigurable systems so that you know what goes with what and gives you a price.

You dont have to buy from there but it gives you a start. :)

peat moss
11-14-2003, 05:49 AM
Are games a priority like the wife wants the play something and your a dumb shit cause we cant play it in our 800 dollar puter? So whats your plan?

DWk
11-14-2003, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by peat moss@14 November 2003 - 05:49
Are games a priority like the wife wants the play something and your a dumb shit cause we cant play it in our 800 dollar puter? So whats your plan?

no need to talk this way :angry:

yes pienmash, we all need a budget you're working on and what you want the computer for :)

kazaaliterock
11-14-2003, 01:24 PM
lol i love it when people post a topic asking for help and then run off to somewhere else.

clocker
11-14-2003, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by kazaaliterock@14 November 2003 - 06:24
lol i love it when people post a topic asking for help and then run off to somewhere else.
You don't know that he's left.

Maybe he's just a veerrryy sloooow reader.

Billy_Dean
11-14-2003, 01:42 PM
Come on you lot, get up off your arses, he'll expect a full reply when he gets back. All the specs, prices, and how to put a comp together.!

It amazes me how someone who doesn't know the first thing about computers would attempt to build one. Go find someone to do it for you.

:)

kazaaliterock
11-14-2003, 01:44 PM
i would do it for him.....but then again, i started a fucking 4 page thread just to get the fucken front panel light on my case working........who would guess u need the damn mobo install to get the light working :rolleyes: :lol:

bigdawgfoxx
11-14-2003, 01:45 PM
Whats the computer for? How much are you willling to spend....just wait for him to answer that before we post anything else.

bigdawgfoxx
11-14-2003, 04:01 PM
Also, if you have a monitor from another computer you will be using tell us. Or if you have a Harddrive that you want to use.

kazaaliterock
11-14-2003, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by bigdawgfoxx@14 November 2003 - 14:45
Whats the computer for?  How much are you willling to spend....just wait for him to answer that before we post anything else.

Also, if you have a monitor from another computer you will be using tell us. Or if you have a Harddrive that you want to use.

u were saying....

Smurfette
11-14-2003, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by Billy_Dean@14 November 2003 - 13:42
It amazes me how someone who doesn't know the first thing about computers would attempt to build one.  Go find someone to do it for you.

That's not entirely fair - my old boss (left there two weeks ago, whoopee!) had never even used a computer when his new g/f started making noises about a new one, so he built one in a couple of days. Worked perfectly, and they're now using it in the shop he owns, 6 years later.
Granted, my old boss has a modicum of common sense (possibly more?) but it's not very difficult to throw it together if you know what you need.

Having said all this, the spelling & punctuation in the original post leads me to believe they're better off leaving it to a parent.

Billy_Dean
11-15-2003, 04:38 AM
Originally posted by Smurfette+15 November 2003 - 05:45--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Smurfette @ 15 November 2003 - 05:45)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Billy_Dean@14 November 2003 - 13:42
It amazes me how someone who doesn&#39;t know the first thing about computers would attempt to build one.&nbsp; Go find someone to do it for you.

That&#39;s not entirely fair - my old boss (left there two weeks ago, whoopee&#33;) had never even used a computer when his new g/f started making noises about a new one, so he built one in a couple of days. Worked perfectly, and they&#39;re now using it in the shop he owns, 6 years later.
Granted, my old boss has a modicum of common sense (possibly more?) but it&#39;s not very difficult to throw it together if you know what you need.

Having said all this, the spelling & punctuation in the original post leads me to believe they&#39;re better off leaving it to a parent. [/b][/quote]
If he took a couple of days to build one it would seem he took the time to find out what went where and how.

As for this guy, he asks for help four days ago and can&#39;t even be bothered coming back to see what&#39;s posted. As far as I&#39;m concerned, if he&#39;s that ignorant he doesn&#39;t deserve help. I also suspect he only posted for something to do.

Billy_Dean
11-18-2003, 12:41 PM
Well here we are, one whole week later and this guy still hasn&#39;t had the decency to come back. We&#39;ll have to keep an eye on you lad, not a good start&#33;

mooseman2070
11-18-2003, 08:19 PM
i agree that he just posted because he needed something to do. hes just taking up peoples time. but what do i know, i know nothing about building a computer.

pienmash
11-20-2003, 10:09 PM
sorry i took so long to get back about the budget,budget is no problem at all,to all those who took the piss ,i cant believe sum adults have those attitudes nowadaze,if u aint postive,then get layed ffs,dont be so uptight,everybody has to start sumwhere init,to all those who wanna help ,many thanks and if ya get email to me ill send ya my new cd when its been mastered and packaging done,tar again.

mooseman2070
11-21-2003, 01:08 AM
ok, so now you have a pc????