PDA

View Full Version : Site update / New Editor / Mobile Style

tesco
06-11-2011, 08:32 PM
Just did a site update, we were falling way behind.
I'll admit I upgraded to the wrong version. I meant to upgrade to 4.1.3, but uploaded the 4.1.4 files instead. This version (4.1.4) has a new editor which I wanted to wait until it had gone through a few months of testing, but rather than restore a backup lets just try this for now. :)

So as usual let me know if you see any bugs with the site, considering I didn't have the time to properly test this version of vbulletin.

Later tonight I'll be installing the new Mobile Style which will let you more easily see the site on your mobile phone.

Hologram
06-11-2011, 08:40 PM
Thanks for the update tesco!

tesco
06-11-2011, 08:41 PM
NZB index will be down for a while until I upgrade it.

anon
06-11-2011, 08:44 PM
I like the old editor more... will take me a bit to get used to this one, I guess. More buttons in the quick reply field are cool, but they should make them blend with the style background as it used to be. And there's three rows of buttons in the advanced reply form instead of the usual two. :ermm:

Edit: it also takes a small while to show itself after pages load?

I've noticed the profile pages seem to be a bit broken. At least that's the case with yours and mine, tesco. I'm using the Future Black skin.

Mobile style will be a welcome addition as far as I'm concerned!

PS: where's the user CP?

tesco
06-11-2011, 08:46 PM
Profiles are broken-ish, usercp is broken (:wacko: unexpected one), WTO has a few minor bugs.

I agree the editor is ugly, I'll see if I can customize it a bit.

edit: Articles don't show, and thread icons are wrong.

Profiles aren't broken here, they really do look that crappy. :sick:
https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/member.php/78175-rossco_2005

Cabalo
06-11-2011, 11:12 PM
Those SoB's at vB could have revamped the CMS page...

Tapatalk is not broken, so no rush on the mobile version for now.

iLOVENZB
06-12-2011, 05:17 AM
Home, UserCP and NZB now :(

PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE!!!!!

Hologram
06-12-2011, 09:55 AM
Home, UserCP and NZB now :(

PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE!!!!!

I'm checking it every 2 minutes. :P

tesco
06-12-2011, 01:12 PM
Homepage fixed, usercp fixed.
Having some issues with the nzb section though. :(

Cabalo
06-12-2011, 01:45 PM
No news source button on the article editor.

Hologram
06-12-2011, 04:08 PM
Homepage fixed, usercp fixed.
Having some issues with the nzb section though. :(

NZB section seems fixed thanks tesco! There's only one problem (that I can see), it's the upload nzb button, it's nowhere to be found. Although you can upload nzb using ''manage binaries'' option.

tesco
06-12-2011, 04:19 PM
I can see it fine what browser are you using?
Also did you try hitting the refresh button on the nzb posting page?

Hologram
06-12-2011, 04:25 PM
I can see it fine what browser are you using?
Also did you try hitting the refresh button on the nzb posting page?

I'm using firefox 3.6, I've tried refreshing and it doesn't help.

Edit: Everything is working now.

fastplumb
06-12-2011, 05:12 PM
oh i found a big bug. PM'ed you the line detales tesco so you can squish that bugger.

anon
06-12-2011, 06:17 PM
I'm having trouble reading and posting on the forums - pages seem to refuse to load and time out 80% of the time. Is this due to the vB upgrade or just a problematic coincidence?

Don't know what it was, but it was solved shortly after I made this post.

One thing I like about the new editor is that it forces the text color to be black on white, unlike the old one which would use Windows' text color over a white background. I'm using a light-on-dark scheme in my netbook, so you can picture the scene.

Cabalo
06-12-2011, 11:17 PM
The View Nfo link doesn't work on the NZB collections.

fastplumb
06-12-2011, 11:31 PM
what ever you do don't make the same mistake as me and play around with the filter!
I think that's why some people cant view the nzb's any more.

mjmacky
06-12-2011, 11:44 PM
Yeah I can't view the NZB section at all, maybe related to the "filtering" mentioned. This is my error message

No or invalid category specified on line 64 in /home/fileshare/public_html/packages/fstnzb/registry/subcategories.php
#0 /home/fileshare/public_html/packages/fstnzb/collection/collection.php(239): fstNZB_Registry_Subcategories->byTitle(false, Array)
#1 /home/fileshare/public_html/ng_list.php(235): fstNZB_Collection_Collection->filterSubCategory(Array)
#2 {main}

Fatal error: No or invalid category specified on line 64 in [path]/packages/fstnzb/registry/subcategories.php in [path]/vb/vb.php on line 287

SonsOfLiberty
06-13-2011, 12:04 AM
Yeah I can't view the NZB section at all, maybe related to the "filtering" mentioned. This is my error message

No or invalid category specified on line 64 in /home/fileshare/public_html/packages/fstnzb/registry/subcategories.php
#0 /home/fileshare/public_html/packages/fstnzb/collection/collection.php(239): fstNZB_Registry_Subcategories->byTitle(false, Array)
#1 /home/fileshare/public_html/ng_list.php(235): fstNZB_Collection_Collection->filterSubCategory(Array)
#2 {main}

Fatal error: No or invalid category specified on line 64 in [path]/packages/fstnzb/registry/subcategories.php in [path]/vb/vb.php on line 287

I can see it fine, maybe clear cache/cookies....

It was timing out a lot earlier...at least for me.

Also, view NFO is broken, so can confirm that at least...

Don't think it matters much, but users lists are no longer shown in the NZB index noir in threads.

And as for upload button not showing, it has to deal with Flash, I've always had issues with it, not as many lately, but is still problematic for me. If you have any addons like noscript/flash blcok they will mess with the flash uploader as well.

tesco
06-13-2011, 12:36 AM

#2 {main}

Fatal error: No or invalid category specified on line 64 in [path]/packages/fstnzb/registry/subcategories.php in [path]/vb/vb.php on line 287Fixed.

Also, view NFO is broken, so can confirm that at least...

Fixed also.

Don't think it matters much, but users lists are no longer shown in the NZB index noir in threads.
Was removed purposely. It still shows in threads thuogh... I think you mean it's no longer shown in collections.

anon
06-13-2011, 01:36 AM
The user CP seems to work fine now, but its link is still not visible at the top of pages (next to "Welcome, anon-sbi").

Fixed at the time of this writing.

whatcdfan
06-13-2011, 03:07 AM
The link "view first unread" next to the thread tools is not visible, but working.

Night0wl
06-13-2011, 03:22 AM
No cursor in quick reply and can't navigate in text written in it. I can only erase the last letter I write, rather than correcting some word or sentence. Also no new line it just moves the text downwards and I'm still stuck at the end.

Firefox 3.6.17 Edit function works fine, which is how I'm on a new line now.

Cabalo
06-13-2011, 03:25 AM
I'm not experiencing any of those issues both on Chrome and FF4.

Night0wl
06-13-2011, 03:30 AM
Guess it was something in the cache/cookies. I logged out and back in and now it works fine again.

whatcdfan
06-13-2011, 04:27 AM
I'm not experiencing any of those issues both on Chrome and FF4.

I also tried IE8 apart from FF3.6, it's not working there either.

anon
06-14-2011, 01:52 AM
I'm seeing the vBCms Comments threads in the new posts list once again. Is that intentional?

Cabalo
06-14-2011, 02:15 AM
It was an idea. It would be perfect if the actual article showed up in the first post of those threads, instead that message "You can read the full article at...".
vB is still far from perfect.

iLOVENZB
06-14-2011, 05:48 AM
Ehh subscription notifications for nzb posts no worky.

Cabalo
06-14-2011, 03:34 PM
Avatars also don't seem to be displaying on the NZB comments.

Hairbautt
06-14-2011, 05:02 PM
Trying to view the "New Collections," but each time it brings up an error that refuses to copy&paste. Using the latest stable Chrome release.

This is also the link (bookmark) that I use: http://filesharingtalk.com/nzbs/?do=getnew
(http://filesharingtalk.com/nzbs/?do=getnew)

anon
06-14-2011, 06:19 PM
It was an idea. It would be perfect if the actual article showed up in the first post of those threads, instead that message "You can read the full article at...".

Agreed. That would probably get more comments on the news posts. For some reason I just can't bring myself to read anything outside the forums, and I guess there are other people who feel the same way, too.

Cabalo
06-14-2011, 06:27 PM
Many do. It doesn't hurt the board at all having them accessible via the forums, but at the same time it doesn't look that great when the first post is "You can read the full article at...".
It's also a great way to distract the usual members from the classic discussions taking place at the BT sections, for example.

mjmacky
06-14-2011, 07:13 PM
Some of the "comments" on the articles could carry on in a more interesting fashion if we had forum access to it. I remember awhile ago that was the case, then it disappeared. Glad to see it back in some form. I do sometimes read those articles.

CQ1ST
06-14-2011, 07:15 PM
does that have something to do with the fact that there's no sorting on the 'what trackers offer' page?

anon
06-14-2011, 07:56 PM
does that have something to do with the fact that there's no sorting on the 'what trackers offer' page?

Sorting doesn't seem to work for me, either. tesco mentioned some WTO bugs, that could be one of them.

tesco
06-14-2011, 09:29 PM

Sorting doesn't seem to work for me, either. tesco mentioned some WTO bugs, that could be one of them.

Yeah that's the one I was thinking of at the time. It's to do with slashes in the urls. Ther might be bugs with attaching icons too.

Trying to view the "New Collections," but each time it brings up an error that refuses to copy&paste. Using the latest stable Chrome release.

This is also the link (bookmark) that I use: http://filesharingtalk.com/nzbs/?do=getnew
(http://filesharingtalk.com/nzbs/?do=getnew)
I get the same issue. I'll try fixing that tonight, probably also related to the subscriptions problem reported earlier.

I'm liking this new mobile skin but for some reason it doesn't do quotes for replys and it's also missing an edit button. :wacko:

anon
06-15-2011, 05:07 PM
I visited FST from my phone today (using the Russian mod of Opera Mini 3), and the site automatically detected that. The mobile style is pretty good, but not very nice on you if you have no JavaScript support - the page links in threads, the forum view and search results aren't visible, for one... even with JS enabled, it'd be nice to have at least a link to jump to the last post on a thread.

Also, there appears to be a small glitch - when you search for new posts or today's ones, the last poster's name isn't visible:

IP appending to text file. Possible ?
Last Post By Today 13:53
Forum: Internet, Programming and Graphics

If you want to betatest the mobile style, it is possible to download Opera Mini and run it in a PC via microemulator.

Cabalo
06-15-2011, 06:01 PM
I've tried that on android's chrome and i didn't experience those issues. Must be browser specific. I'll try it on skyfire later.

Gamespost links are not correctly being fetched, or fetched at all.

anon
06-18-2011, 09:49 PM
Clicking on the strikeout or spoiler buttons asks me to specify an option for my NEWS_CHANGELOG tag, then inserts such a tag instead. Typing the code manually does seem to work, however:
Test test test

Also, embedding attachments as images doesn't seem to work like it used to, creating a link instead? Check here (http://filesharingtalk.com/threads/434855-AOM-x1-Inv?p=3588710&viewfull=1#post3588710), posts #11 and 13.

But I just did it on another thread, and the image was displayed... :unsure:

iLOVENZB
06-18-2011, 10:03 PM
Not a fan of the new editor. How can we turn the WYSIWYG editor off?

Also when copy a block of text with multiple paragraphs it doesn't keep the paragraphs as a new line.

edit: Below is an example:

What if both parties are under the age of consent?"Normal" sexual explorationIt is a common and normal part of sexual development for young people to explore and experiment in sexual interactions with their peers (Araji, 2004; Barbaree & Marshall, 2006; Eade, 2003). Appropriate sexual exploration is when there is mutual agreement between same- or similar-aged peers, it is non-coercive and all participants have the control to participate, continue or stop the behaviour. If two young people who are close in age engage in a sexual relationship and there is no evidence of a power imbalance or violence, the sexual interaction is not a legal issue (Barbaree & Marshall, 2006). The state jurisdictions that provide a legal defence when the sexual interaction is between two young people close in age (Western Australia, Tasmania, Victoria and the Australian Capital Territory) are attempting to find a balance that protects children and young people from adult sexual exploitation in a way that does not criminalise them for having sexual relationships with their peers.
Inappropriate and abusive sexual behaviourSexual interaction that is harmful and abusive between two young people under the legal age can be difficult to identify and determine. In situations where there is a clear age difference - for example a teenager and a young child - any sexual interaction is sexual abuse, as there is a definite power imbalance. However, when both parties are close in age, identifying whether the sexual activity is abusive is more complex. Ryan (1997) proposed three factors that must be considered in order to evaluate sexual interactions between two or more children: consent, equality and coercion. Reflecting on these three factors can help to clarify when behaviour is abusive.

http://www.aifs.gov.au/nch/pubs/sheets/rs16/rs16.html

anon
06-18-2011, 10:32 PM
Not a fan of the new editor. How can we turn the WYSIWYG editor off?

You can change that under "Miscellaneous Options" in /profile.php?do=editoptions.

I tried switching to the basic editor but it made pages take even longer to load(?).

iLOVENZB
06-19-2011, 02:11 AM
test:

You can access this resource sheet in HTML or PDF (324 KB) (http://www.aifs.gov.au/nch/pubs/sheets/rs16/rs16.pdf) format. You will need an Acrobat Reader which is free from the Adobe Systems Web site (http://www.adobe.com/prodindex/acrobat/readstep.html).

According to criminal law in Australia, the age of consent refers to the age a person is considered to be capable of legally giving informed consent to sexual acts with another person. When a person engages in sexual behaviour with someone below the age of consent, they are committing a criminal offence (child sexual abuse).
Why are there age of consent laws?Age of consent laws are designed to protect children and young people from sexual exploitation and abuse. Such laws effectively determine that children and young people below the age of consent do not have the emotional maturity to consent to sexual activities. In relation to sexual abuse charges in each state and territory, the key difference between child sexual assault and adult sexual assault is that adult sexual assault is based on the absence of sexual consent, whereas in child sexual assault, the issue of consent is superseded by age of consent laws (Eade, 2003). An important distinction should be made between "willingness" and "consent". A child may be willing to engage in sexual behaviour; however, as they do not have the psychological capacity to give consent according to law, all sexual interactions between an adult and a person under the age of consent are considered abusive (Barbaree & Marshall, 2006).

edit: Paragraphs are still fucked and there's no paragraph tags in the post.

mjmacky
06-19-2011, 04:56 AM
When a person engages in sexual behaviour with someone below the age of consent, they are committing a criminal offence (child sexual abuse).

What the hell, I hope you're not personal research to test the story pasting functions of the board

iLOVENZB
06-19-2011, 05:25 AM
I posted the source a couple of posts back: http://www.aifs.gov.au/nch/pubs/sheets/rs16/rs16.html :D

megabyteme
06-20-2011, 05:20 AM
I haven't gone through all the fine details, but I do want to say thanks for the hard work. I'm sure the list of bugs will get shorter, and the site will be even nicer then. :happy:

Disme
06-20-2011, 05:42 AM
Thx for the update. Hope the remaining bugs will dissappear soon.

klaudiu
06-21-2011, 10:47 AM
i wanted to try mobile style and now i can't switch the forum skin back like it was. wtf? how?

Cabalo
06-21-2011, 10:51 AM
Yes you can, on the main forum page, on the bottom, you have a link "FULL SITE".

iLOVENZB
06-21-2011, 10:52 AM
http://filesharingtalk.com/profile.php?do=editoptions

^^^ Can't do it there xtaz? If all else fails, load up FST homepage on your phone and go to "Full" site.

Bah, beaten by Cabby.

klaudiu
06-21-2011, 10:54 AM
i forgot to tell you that i'm on PC right nowWe are sorry, this content is not supported via the mobile style. Click Here to go to the Forum Homepage.

try to switch to mobile style from pc and then try to switch back, it doesn't work (i tried everything)

Cabalo
06-21-2011, 11:59 AM
I never had such a problem. Clear those cookies then.

klaudiu
06-21-2011, 12:20 PM
i did, nothing is working i'll just make a new account then.. also i used win7 x64 and google chrome maybe this helps you fix it

iLOVENZB
06-21-2011, 12:23 PM
^^^ Bit exteme isn't it? lol.

What I hated about the mobile skin is that there's no "Last" last page.

Cabalo
06-21-2011, 12:24 PM
Wait, don't make a new account now.

Try clearing your cache here: chrome://settings/advanced and then on "clear browsing data".
Then, if it doesn't work, try logging in with your current one from another browser.

klaudiu
06-21-2011, 12:59 PM
i've already done that

LE: nvm, anon's link worked, thanks!

anon
06-21-2011, 01:56 PM
xtaz: are you stuck on the Mobile style and can't switch back? Use the following link to temporarily set your forum skin to "FST" and then be able to permanently change it.
http://filesharingtalk.com/usercp.php?styleid=49

I tried to make my profile page less ugly once I realized you could customize it once again. Clicking on the "default" button sets the colors to a very nice combination of black, white and blue, but after clicking on "Save" these changes don't seem to be stored.

tesco
06-21-2011, 09:35 PM
xtaz: are you stuck on the Mobile style and can't switch back? Use the following link to temporarily set your forum skin to "FST" and then be able to permanently change it.http://filesharingtalk.com/usercp.php?styleid=49I tried to make my profile page less ugly once I realized you could customize it once again. Clicking on the "default" button sets the colors to a very nice combination of black, white and blue, but after clicking on "Save" these changes don't seem to be stored. :glag: most of the things I, an amateur coder, write seem to work better than the stuff written by vb's "pros."

Cabalo
06-21-2011, 09:36 PM
Image scaling on the articles is not working either, tried on both FF and Chrome.
Fucking vB.

Same with pinning articles.

tesco
06-21-2011, 09:37 PM
i forgot to tell you that i'm on PC right nowWe are sorry, this content is not supported via the mobile style. Click Here to go to the Forum Homepage.try to switch to mobile style from pc and then try to switch back, it doesn't work (i tried everything) What happened when you clicked on Full Site?

Hairbautt
06-21-2011, 11:05 PM
Damn that NZB New Collections link.

Value '1' given for item model property 'sincelastvisit' is not valid on line 187 in /home/fileshare/public_html/vb/item.php

tesco
06-21-2011, 11:09 PM
Fixed.

Hairbautt
06-21-2011, 11:09 PM
Fixed.Billowing bugger balls, thanks!

klaudiu
06-22-2011, 12:32 PM
i forgot to tell you that i'm on PC right nowWe are sorry, this content is not supported via the mobile style. Click Here to go to the Forum Homepage.try to switch to mobile style from pc and then try to switch back, it doesn't work (i tried everything) What happened when you clicked on Full Site?
it redirected me to filesharingtalk.com's home page with the default theme, then when i tried to click profile/settings/pm etc.. it kept changing back the mobile theme and saying "We are sorry, this content is not supported via the mobile style. Click Here to go to the Forum Homepage"

iLOVENZB
06-22-2011, 12:51 PM
Are you trying it in different browsers xtaz?

mjmacky
06-27-2011, 12:13 AM
The search function for NZBs doesn't bring up any results that were posted within the past 2 weeks

megabyteme
07-01-2011, 04:50 PM
I really like the new section icons!

If you are taking requests... I would LOVE to see some more smilies.

Thanks again for the hard work!!!

ca_aok
07-01-2011, 05:17 PM
The new section icons are absolutely hideous and don't mesh well with the theme at all :/

anon
07-01-2011, 05:25 PM
The new section icons are absolutely hideous and don't mesh well with the theme at all :/

They could be transparent, since a white background looks awful on the Black Stealth theme, but other than that I think they're actually pretty good.

Cabalo
07-01-2011, 09:51 PM
They're transparent now, looking great on both skins, especially the dark one in my opinion.

About the smilies, it's harder to find them now, since the board's last update. But if you go to the advanced editor, you'll find them all there. They just don't show up on the quick reply window.

megabyteme
07-01-2011, 10:32 PM
I've been using the smilies that the board has had for (before I started here), I would like to have more choices.

anon
07-01-2011, 10:39 PM
About the smilies, it's harder to find them now, since the board's last update. But if you go to the advanced editor, you'll find them all there. They just don't show up on the quick reply window.

I see a button to add smileys there, next to the font name, size and color dropdown boxes. I don't like this new JavaScript-based dialog to add them, but it's not an issue as I've memorized the "code" for my most commonly used ones.

Cabalo
07-01-2011, 11:20 PM
I've been using the smilies that the board has had for (before I started here), I would like to have more choices.
Post those here, I don't see why they couldn't be added to the collections if they are not offensive.

Here's a good one: http://castfromsociety.com/images/smilies/fstsucksne8.gif http://castfromsociety.com/images/smilies/cfsa2mmk4.gif

The last one is particularly mature.

anon
07-01-2011, 11:49 PM
They bothered to make an "FST sucks" smiley :ermm:

Since we can suggest new ones - I've always loved the ones they have on Waffles!

78757 :wsmile:
78758 :wgrin:
78759 :wwink:
78760 :wtongue:
78761 :wfrown:
78762 :wcry:
78763 :wmad:
78764 :wmellow:
78765 :whmm:
78766 :wdabs:
78767 :wermm:
78768 :wthink:
78769 :wclap:
78770 :wsleep:
78771 :wbite:
78772 :whooray:
78773 :wsearch:
78774 :wwhistling

The Gazelle ones are also cool.

Cabalo
07-02-2011, 12:21 AM
Nah, those wouldn't fit here. They're cool though.

anon
07-02-2011, 02:06 AM
Are you looking for something like these?

Hairbautt
07-02-2011, 03:07 AM
The ones at nsane.down are awesome.

http://www.nsaneforums.com/forum/17-news-updates/

megabyteme
07-02-2011, 03:54 PM
Are you looking for something like these?

Yeah, a good variety of ones like that. Maybe even some newer, more unique ones, if somebody comes across some.

Thanks for looking!

Cabalo
07-02-2011, 04:03 PM
The ones at nsane.down are awesome.

http://www.nsaneforums.com/forum/17-news-updates/
Those are pretty much the same as we have here.

With a few exceptions:

78801 my personal favorite
78803 I can see this one being popular in the request threads

Hairbautt
07-02-2011, 04:09 PM
They have more/varied ones.

http://www.nsaneforums.com/public/style_emoticons/default/uhoh.png
http://www.nsaneforums.com/public/style_emoticons/default/fool.gif
http://www.nsaneforums.com/public/style_emoticons/default/party.gif
http://www.nsaneforums.com/public/style_emoticons/default/badmood.gif
http://www.nsaneforums.com/public/style_emoticons/default/beta.gif
http://www.nsaneforums.com/public/style_emoticons/default/bong.gif
http://www.nsaneforums.com/public/style_emoticons/default/popeanim.gif

I only scrolled a quarter of the way, but there are more.

anon
07-02-2011, 06:17 PM

For the invite section:

Cabalo
07-02-2011, 06:22 PM
For the invite section:

:lol:

mjmacky
07-03-2011, 04:53 PM

This is the one anon! I think it has just as much relevance outside of the invite section though...

anon
07-03-2011, 05:47 PM
This is the one anon!

Yes, I thought of your request shortly after I found it. :happy: