PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Wupload?

absonic
06-14-2011, 03:44 AM
Have you tried wupload - it's a new filesharing service?

It would seem that i'm promoting them, but they really seem good. Especially since they're new, so i'm guessing they're ofering bunch of cool stuff. Good speeds, at least for us with just of few Mbps connections, and there's even a possibility that you can leech several files at the same time.
Waiting times are also not bad. I'm speaking from a free user perspective.

Have you tried them? Thoughts?

swizZ8
06-14-2011, 05:23 AM
Dont like it, the main reason for that is captcha. Didnt know you can leech several files at the same time?

Hologram
06-14-2011, 07:26 AM
Captcha is almost mandatory for filehosts these days. Haven't tried them yet though, will do.

absonic
06-14-2011, 08:22 AM
Dont like it, the main reason for that is captcha. Didnt know you can leech several files at the same time?

Yes, i was surprised as well. I think it even says on their website that you can't, but i managed to do it few times. Probably some system error.
Anyhow, i see they're hitting it big. They exist like 1-2 weeks, and already you can find everything there.

I just hope they don't get spoiled too much later.

swizZ8
06-14-2011, 09:15 AM
Captcha is almost mandatory for filehosts these days.

Yea, almost everyone is using it. I am trying to stick to Megaupload and Duckload.

Hologram
06-14-2011, 12:30 PM
I prefer Megaupload as well. It's pretty nice for users without premium accounts.

johhny
06-14-2011, 02:48 PM
i hate it :)

anon
06-14-2011, 06:04 PM
Duckload.

Duckload's speeds are absolutely awful as a free user, or at least they've been for me.

I've dealt with Wupload links a few times. They have captchas, but speeds were good. The reason they became so popular lately is probably their referral program.

swizZ8
06-14-2011, 07:13 PM
Duckload's speeds are absolutely awful as a free user, or at least they've been for me.

I've dealt with Wupload links a few times. They have captchas, but speeds were good. The reason they became so popular lately is probably their referral program.

I have a max speed on Duckload, but very poor on Wupload. But the last few days duckload is offline for me and i cannot even load the site, really dont know what is happening.

anon
06-14-2011, 07:52 PM
Just curious, where are you from? I'm located in South America - Duckload gave me 10kB/s, Wupload 300.

But the last few days duckload is offline for me and i cannot even load the site, really dont know what is happening.

It redirects me to some sort of movie streaming site...

Hologram
06-14-2011, 09:31 PM
Getting a little bit over 400 kB/s on Wupload right now.

swizZ8
06-15-2011, 04:27 AM
Just curious, where are you from?

From Croatia, Europe. Speed isnt to great during "peak hours" ie. afternoon and evening so i never dowload then.

scottperez
06-27-2011, 10:28 AM
wupload is similar to filesonic to some extent, it also makes you waits for 10 mins after a download has been completed, i hate those waiting times, seriously :(

Hologram
06-27-2011, 02:01 PM
wupload is similar to filesonic to some extent, it also makes you waits for 10 mins after a download has been completed, i hate those waiting times, seriously :(

IP reset much?

whatcdfan
06-27-2011, 02:52 PM

Wupload's interface is clean and clear unlike filesonic.

anon
06-27-2011, 03:27 PM
10 minutes is nothing. Rapidshare can make you wait up to two hours and a half between files.

Wupload's interface is clean and clear unlike filesonic.

Who cares about their UI when you have jD :P

swizZ8
06-27-2011, 05:44 PM
Who cares about their UI when you have jD :P

:happy:

anon
06-27-2011, 05:52 PM
And if you want to upload, this (http://z-o-o-m.eu/) app is awesomeness in a binary file.

swizZ8
06-27-2011, 05:56 PM
Nice, that looks cool. I will try it, ty sir.

Violator
07-10-2011, 02:20 PM
Just signed up and pulling files via Jdownloader its maxing my connection speed so I am happy :)

anon
07-10-2011, 03:49 PM
That's true, speeds are excellent. The restrictions are reasonable as well, you have to wait 20 seconds before starting a download and five minutes between files. Hardly a ridiculous amount of time, specially when compared with e.g. Rapidshare. Captchas are their only downside.

zot
07-10-2011, 07:58 PM
Just do a comparison on Alexa, and you can see that Wupload is probably the fastest-growing file-hoster in existence. I'll assume that there's a good reason for that. :)

Cobass
07-10-2011, 08:07 PM
It's not bad, but I still prefer MU.

anon
07-10-2011, 08:20 PM
Wupload is probably the fastest-growing file-hoster in existence. I'll assume that there's a good reason for that. :)

http://www.wupload.com/affiliate-program

There's part of your reason :yup:

zot
07-10-2011, 08:52 PM
Hotfile also has a paid affiliate program (I think it was the first company to start that trend) but while Wupload has soared, Hotfile has declined on Alexa. Maybe due to their recent policy of kicking copyright offenders.

I've noticed that all of these file hosters seem to have a predictable rise and fall. I'm sure Wupload's time as a rising star will come to an end eventually.

anon
07-10-2011, 09:05 PM
Hotfile has declined on Alexa. Maybe due to their recent policy of kicking copyright offenders.

They've dug their own grave with that as far as I'm concerned. The effect wasn't immediate, but nowadays 95% of HF links seem to be down, so I don't bother with them anymore.

I suppose that if you use passworded RARs with non-obvious filenames and link protectors you can still get away with uploading there, but either I'm wrong or most people don't find it worth the hassle.

facelift
10-29-2011, 03:40 PM
Wupload is the worst piece of crap i have seen in my life. Not only is the premium service slower than everyone else's free service, it's not unusual to have to download a file several times before you are successful.

Gatsu-Kun
10-30-2011, 05:36 PM
Lately, I've seen a lot of websites posting Wupload links. Generally, I prefer good ol fileserve, but they're handy if you already have a fileserve link downloading and the links are interchangeable.

rastafara
11-01-2011, 03:23 PM
WU is great! Now it's almost everywhere and as long as they provide good speed Im using it.