PDA

View Full Version : Easynews special free trial

gsorel
06-15-2011, 06:12 PM
Easynews launch a ‘Summer Special’ free trial:

Here are the details:

- 100 gig/14 day free trial for all web-based Easynews Usenet plans: Classic, Plus and Big Gig
- Gets you access into both the web-interface and NNTP service
- If you decide that you like the service, simply stay on beyond 14 days or 100 gigs of downloads (whichever comes first), and you will then begin the plan that you registered for with the free trial
- No speed cap on Easynews

=> List of recommended Usenet providers that offer Free Trials: http://www.ngprovider.com/free-usenet-trials.php

Cabalo
06-15-2011, 06:22 PM
Let me guess, you have to enter a credit card number and after those 14 days have passed they automatically bill you?

mjmacky
06-15-2011, 07:17 PM
Let me guess, you have to enter a credit card number and after those 14 days have passed they automatically bill you?

Exactly right, does this not constitute as advertising?

nntpjunkie
06-15-2011, 07:42 PM
umm yes guys in case anyone has forgotten, Easynews is a business after all :) The 100gig free trail is awesome have seen anything that cool in Usenet before :)

zot
06-20-2011, 09:22 AM
Does anyone know if Easynews ever got their system working again 100%?

This is what the Easynews forum looked like before the company shut it down:

http://i40.tinypic.com/x25btf.jpg

For many years, Easynews had an user forum, that anyone could read. Then after the service's long-lasting problems, Highwinds changed the policy so that only paying customers could read it. The fact that Easynews' bulletin board is still hidden from the public makes me wonder if there are still a lot of complaints.

Fortunately the Highwinds-owned company was not able to erase the internet -- though they might have wanted to at the time.

http://www.slyck.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=46423

I used Easynews way back in the pre-NZB days, when it was simply the best service anywhere. I've wondered if Easynews will ever again become the first-rate company it was for so many years.

Hypatia
06-20-2011, 09:29 AM
've wondered if Easynews will ever again become the first-rate company it was for so many years.

not unless they get rid of highwinds. :)

mjmacky
06-20-2011, 12:39 PM
I do the same thing when shopping for a motherboard, see what topics trend on the forums. That easy news forum is a massive red flag, probably why they're offering "free" 100 GB. It might be hard to actually make REAL use of that much data, but they hope to hit your card with the bill before you cancel.

heiska
06-20-2011, 02:03 PM
I do the same thing when shopping for a motherboard, see what topics trend on the forums. That easy news forum is a massive red flag, probably why they're offering "free" 100 GB. It might be hard to actually make REAL use of that much data, but they hope to hit your card with the bill before you cancel.

UseNext 2?

nntpjunkie
06-20-2011, 04:19 PM
Does anyone know if Easynews ever got their system working again 100%?

I used Easynews way back in the pre-NZB days, when it was simply the best service anywhere. I've wondered if Easynews will ever again become the first-rate company it was for so many years.

Easynews is great - 100% not sure it will ever be at 100% as Easynews is a constant work in progress and there is after all always room for improvement :) I have taken the Usenet by storm with their new beta interface using their global search 2.0 and it has not steered me wrong. If you are looking for a way to search the Usenet binary groups without having to use a client, Easynews is it. If you like queue downloading, thumbnail previews and in browser video/audio playback then Easynews is for you :) Highly recommend to everyone who is a fan of usenet but does not want to have to mess with new programs, give Easynews a try because it is super easy to use.

zot
06-23-2011, 09:45 PM
Another Easynews-like service is NZBlord, which offers a free (no CC# req) trial for 100MB (yes, that's megabytes not gigabytes) I know that's not much, but maybe good enough for a few small files. I tried NZblord a month or two ago (when there was no download limit) but found it very buggy back then, and never bothered to go back.