PDA

View Full Version : Scanner Software

Infested Cats
11-11-2003, 12:59 AM
I was wondering if I needed to have specific software to work with my scanner, or if there was some generic "scanning software" that worked...

Make sense?

3rd gen noob
11-11-2003, 01:07 AM
do you mean driver software, or photo-editing type software?

Infested Cats
11-11-2003, 01:50 AM
I... don't know. Drivers, I know, are one thing... but where the pictures scan to...

Example: My Visioneer scanner came with the PaperPort software, and whenever I scanned an image, it would go into paperport. Supposedly, the only way I could find to scan an image even, was to do it through Paperport...

I'm talking about that software...

*help?*

boyzeee
11-11-2003, 02:11 AM
you will need the driver for your specific model so windows can install it and then most photo software lets you "capture" or "import" an image from a device ie your scanner. what model scanner is it? visioneer ???? any numbers on it? and what windows you running? i will go hunting for a driver if you give more info ;)

edit....adobe photoshop 7 is good but a tad complicated, and microsofts picture it shouldnt be overlooked as it is very easy to use ;)

Infested Cats
11-11-2003, 02:43 AM
Visioneer OneTouch 7600 Flatbed Scanner (Parallel)

TheFilePirater
11-11-2003, 02:50 AM
visioneer.com pherhaps? :lol:

http://www.visioneer.com/support/flatbed/7600downloads.asp

Infested Cats
11-11-2003, 03:02 AM
I guess I wasn't clear enough. I have the driver... but I was wondering if there was any software out there that was built specifically to handle images sent from the scanner.

Triadcool
11-11-2003, 03:17 AM
Go to the manufactor website or use the cd that cam with it if you have it.

jmrjlk
11-13-2003, 11:04 PM
If you need a basic image viewer and editor, the best one I've found is legally free. Go to Irfanview.com and get a copy.
Besides being free, its fast and simple to use.
You can also search the net for "irfanview tutorials" for some help.

Hope this helps

cwctv
11-13-2003, 11:40 PM
Besides that one Windows as its own "image" if you don't want anything fancy.

jmrjlk
11-14-2003, 02:23 PM
Yes - but Irfanview can be setup to initiate and receive a scanner or camera input.
It also provides thumbnail image browsing for users who are using Windows 98 or earlier, fine rotations for crooked scans, brightness & contrast adjustments, normal or full screen viewing modes and more.
It will also view just about any image format including photoshop and you can even plugin and use Photoshop Plugins.
It can be as simple or as complicated as you need, short of installing Photoshop.
It's FREE, fast, relatively simple to use, and provides much more than Bubba Gates ever thought of, and doesn't need a bunch of fixes.
It's well worth the $10 cash donation, or more, to become a registered user.
Anyone who provides and maintains a great FREE program like this deserves some support.

DarthInsinuate
11-14-2003, 05:01 PM
i don't think you need any software - i just plugged my scanner in and went to My Computer and just click on the scanner icon