PDA

View Full Version : Life changing movies with sad ending

DeadPoet
06-20-2011, 02:06 PM
Have watched bunch of movies lately and those with sad endings somehow makes you think over your life and sometimes you realize that you are wasting your life with unnecessary bullshit and other crap - bittorrent sites, drugs, you name it. I'm not saying that movies with happy ending won't force you to think but those with sad ending does the job better.
If you want to recommend any movie that changed, made think over your life or you just want to discuss anything related to this topick, feel free to express your thoughts.
Note: if you recommend any movie, please write short paragraph about why you recommend it. One line posts are for cunts.

Hologram
06-20-2011, 03:26 PM
Have watched bunch of movies lately and those with sad endings somehow makes you think over your life and sometimes you realize that you are wasting your life with unnecessary bullshit and other crap - bittorrent sites, drugs, you name it. I'm not saying that movies with happy ending won't force you to think but those with sad ending does the job better.
If you want to recommend any movie that changed, made think over your life or you just want to discuss anything related to this topick, feel free to express your thoughts.
Note: if you recommend any movie, please write short paragraph about why you recommend it. One line posts are for cunts.

Requiem For A Dream.

IdolEyes787
06-20-2011, 04:18 PM

I think in terms of audience manipulation "sad" movies like horror movies are easy marks for film makers or to quote "Dying is easy it's comedy that's hard".
Anyway besides that and the irony of watching a bunch of movies and then lamenting about needlessly wasting your life away I'll throw a couple of war movies into the hat , All Quiet on the Western Front and Glory . Both are superficially about the essential senselessness of war but as the title might suggest Glory still finds some triumph in it.Consequentially of the two I "liked" Glory better but there is much more power and poetry to AQOTWF,echos of which you can see in The Thin Red Line by current golden boy Terrence Malick.

DeadPoet
06-20-2011, 06:49 PM
Requiem For A Dream.

Great movie but still you're cunt.

Long post

Thanks for the suggestions. Never heard of those movies except for The Thin Red Line.
Will check them out in a few days.

Artemis
06-26-2011, 11:47 PM

I think in terms of audience manipulation "sad" movies like horror movies are easy marks for film makers or to quote "Dying is easy it's comedy that's hard".
Anyway besides that and the irony of watching a bunch of movies and then lamenting about needlessly wasting your life away I'll throw a couple of war movies into the hat , All Quiet on the Western Front and Glory . Both are superficially about the essential senselessness of war but as the title might suggest Glory still finds some triumph in it.Consequentially of the two I "liked" Glory better but there is much more power and poetry to AQOTWF,echos of which you can see in The Thin Red Line by current golden boy Terrence Malick.

In the same vein as these other war movies is a sleeper of a movie: When Trumpets Fade (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0135706/). This is a great war movie that not many have heard of which has the same raw impact and it features Ron Eldard actually acting for a change,it is a true surprise and an absolute gem of the genre. This movie is about the forgotten battle of the Harz forest at the end of 1944, forgotten simply because the far more famous 'Battle of the Bulge' happened straight after this long arduous campaign with many allied lives lost. The movie shows one week in the life of Private David Manning (Ron Eldard). Do not be put off by the fact that he is the lead actor in this, it simply shows that he has been type cast in his other roles because he shines in When Trumpets Fade.

IdolEyes787
06-27-2011, 01:12 AM
In the same vein as these other war movies is a sleeper of a movie: When Trumpets Fade (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0135706/). This is a great war movie that not many have heard of which has the same raw impact and it features Ron Eldard actually acting for a change,it is a true surprise and an absolute gem of the genre. This movie is about the forgotten battle of the Harz forest at the end of 1944, forgotten simply because the far more famous 'Battle of the Bulge' happened straight after this long arduous campaign with many allied lives lost. The movie shows one week in the life of Private David Manning (Ron Eldard). Do not be put off by the fact that he is the lead actor in this, it simply shows that he has been type cast in his other roles because he shines in When Trumpets Fade.

I always liked Ron Elard as an actor.:unsure:Anyway thanks for the heads sounds interesting if incredibly grim.

Artemis
06-27-2011, 03:31 AM
I always liked Ron Elard as an actor.:unsure:Anyway thanks for the heads sounds interesting if incredibly grim.

I like him too, but like I said I believe he has been typecast, and the limiting roles have not shown his true depth as an actor. Another little sleeper of a movie that shows his acting ability is the black comedy The Last Supper http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0113613/ , although off topic from this thread this movie is also well worth a look.

Frankthetank1
06-27-2011, 04:42 AM
Life changing movies with sad ending (http://filesharingtalk.com/threads/434939-Life-changing-movies-with-sad-ending)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0158983/

i was crushed when saddam hussein and the devil didn't win.. They loved each other so so much. What a sad movie.

IdolEyes787
06-27-2011, 12:34 PM

I like him too, but like I said I believe he has been typecast, and the limiting roles have not shown his true depth as an actor. Another little sleeper of a movie that shows his acting ability is the black comedy The Last Supper http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0113613/ , although off topic from this thread this movie is also well worth a look.

Seen that one,even seen Sex and the Other Man :sick: To go even further off topic kind of interesting that both he(Elard) and Kyle Chandler are both in Super 8 as I've always viewed them as two sides to the same coin and Abrams sort of casts them as such.