PDA

View Full Version : Game of Thrones

Pages : 1 [2]

Ekets
06-26-2014, 02:26 PM
The books allow for a more in-depth description of people and events. However I believe the show is doing the book justice.

G0OS3
06-29-2014, 05:11 AM
A friend who read the books said Game of thrones (novels) is not completed yet. In fact, GOT season 4 has caught up with the books. Going forward, the series producers going to have to make up their own materials.

megabyteme
07-01-2014, 12:55 AM
Pretty decent article about Dinklage from a couple years back.

http://www.nj.com/entertainment/movies/index.ssf/2012/07/peter_dinklage_game_of_thrones.html

Vestibule
07-01-2014, 02:39 AM
A friend who read the books said Game of thrones (novels) is not completed yet. In fact, GOT season 4 has caught up with the books. Going forward, the series producers going to have to make up their own materials.

Not quite true... there is much more to cover although admittedly the screenwriters have omitted many threads... I believe they have enough material for one more season*.

A Game of Thrones (1996)
A Clash of Kings (1998)
A Storm of Swords (2000)
A Feast for Crows (2005)
*A Dance with Dragons (2011)*

Stehle
07-01-2014, 05:38 PM
The ones read by Roy Dotrice? They're great. You can get away with reading all of ASoS, if you skip the epilogue.

A lot of the storyline in books 4 & 5 happen simultaneously so I'm currently listening to him read the two in this hybrid order (http://boiledleather.com/post/25902554148/a-new-reader-friendly-combined-reading-order-for-a) (mild spoilers further down the page).

YES! Okay, I have your hybrid order bookmarked. I will start in a day or two after I finish DK's "Strangers" (No SK, very mild, but a good read.)

Not quite true... there is much more to cover although admittedly the screenwriters have omitted many threads... I believe they have enough material for one more season*.

A Game of Thrones (1996)
A Clash of Kings (1998)
A Storm of Swords (2000)
A Feast for Crows (2005)
*A Dance with Dragons (2011)*

Thank you too Vesti! :) I'm looking forward to them.

(For those of you watching "Under The Dome", finish the series and do yourself a favor and read the book. New experiences await in your imagination.) ;)

Rart
07-06-2014, 07:19 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nODWF-wQIDk

wolfboi817
07-29-2014, 04:55 AM
They need dragon battle scenes in the next season.

Rart
07-29-2014, 06:25 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WH2ri8RhSnw

And notably absent is Arianne Martell with filming apparently already starting... :(

megabyteme
01-19-2015, 07:14 PM
http://i.imgur.com/BbN3nkC.jpg

wackojacko
01-25-2015, 03:12 PM
waiting till its finished then ill get the box set and watch the lot :D

nopt
01-26-2015, 01:43 AM
Cant wait for the new season to start!

incaved
01-27-2015, 09:52 PM
Cant wait for the new season to start!

Tell me about it. Can't even see a teaser or interview without getting wet.

Jim239
01-31-2015, 11:55 AM
Season 5 trailer looks great, can't wait to see more of the house of Dorne

jack30
02-01-2015, 05:56 AM
Ahhh i cant wait!!

randombloke
02-01-2015, 07:40 AM
I heard this season is going to be a gap filler until the next book reallly gets exciting

JojoToto2
02-07-2015, 01:37 AM
Just watched first 4 seasons at once. I'm hooked. Can't wait for the 5th season.

thebigo
02-07-2015, 05:57 AM
Maybe only one the shows that I have been able to watch season by season.

mrbubba
02-09-2015, 06:54 PM
So when does this start up again? The last season was quite good and ended very well. I wasn't a fan to start, but soon became hooked.

Stehle
02-10-2015, 09:07 PM
"A Day in The Life" ...is available from HBO, but the documentary may be a bit of a spoiler for we purists who still want to believe in magic and of course...
DRAGONS! :w00t:

blown2bits
02-11-2015, 07:31 AM
epguides.com has it start up on 2015-04-12: http://epguides.com/GameofThrones/

peternova
02-12-2015, 05:56 AM
Looking forward to season 5 too, in particular the sand snakes. I'm hoping they'll add extra scenes that aren't in the books (yet) like some of the white walker scenes in s4.

nitilism
02-24-2015, 03:14 PM
One of the producers just gave an interview with "R + L ..." embroidered on his shirt...spoiler alert

Stu1179
02-25-2015, 02:28 PM
Great series looking forward to the new season....

SPY
02-28-2015, 06:45 PM
Season 5 new images: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNJB_p921sE

Rart
03-09-2015, 08:57 PM
New trailer came out today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6a3HfOxlsI

Biggest thing I took from it was the preview of Stannis' storyline for this season. Hopefully they'll turn the character around as book Stannis is far more interesting than TV Stannis at the moment.

samirakhan
03-15-2015, 06:32 AM
I watched the show, its good but I just don't understand why its the best show on TV according to some people.

Stehle
03-15-2015, 10:31 PM
I watched the show, its good but I just don't understand why its the best show on TV according to some people.

To each their own brother. :)

(BTW... are you any relation to Dion?) :alien:

smokeybear
04-06-2015, 06:31 AM
can't wait for the series to kick off again........

Dolfan-Neil
04-11-2015, 10:26 AM
Tomorrow we get our fix.

I watched the first 4 seasons this winter and don't know how I'll take to waiting for a new episode every week.

Be careful, there was a fake HD version of S05E01 that got picked up by my automation (Sickbeard) earlier this week.

piercerseth
04-11-2015, 10:38 AM
Got everyone covered ;)

Stehle
04-11-2015, 11:08 PM
Got everyone covered ;)

The MAN! :w00t::w00t:

smiths100
04-12-2015, 07:20 AM
Cant wait for Season 5....its looking good!

Stehle
04-12-2015, 04:43 PM
Got everyone covered ;)

The MAN! :w00t::w00t:

(Many thanks again piercerseth, lechter and all those others involved... always wanted to have a GoT party! Scratch another one from my bucket list.) :alien:

megabyteme
04-12-2015, 04:51 PM
Got everyone covered ;)

Stealing an obvious quote from Ron Jeremy.

Also, this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHZeNUq5QhU

gama39
04-13-2015, 01:20 AM
Show starting off well

EliTeSnipeR
04-13-2015, 03:46 AM
omg.. what an episode.. im hooked; trying not to catch the leaked shows but might have to get in there

rascarl
04-13-2015, 08:45 AM
omg.. what an episode.. im hooked; trying not to catch the leaked shows but might have to get in there

I tried to resist....

but failed :whistling

Stehle
04-13-2015, 02:54 PM
I'll probably watch the first four episodes twice! :w00t::w00t:

(Yeah, for me they're that good.) :alien:

piercerseth
04-15-2015, 01:10 PM
Hedgehog video

*shudders*

Best part of the leaks comes during the the fourth episode: Melisandre's yummy cans The greatest injustice is not having a 1080 capture.

shaina
04-16-2015, 05:16 AM
Hedgehog video

*shudders*

Best part of the leaks comes during the the fourth episode: Melisandre's yummy cans The greatest injustice is not having a 1080 capture.

I got out of bed right to the tv screen to check them out , that was my 1080 capture LOL!!

megabyteme
04-16-2015, 05:32 AM
yummy cans

So far, the best body award goes to the black chick (not normally my preference) who's got a thing for Grey Worm.

Here's a picture of the inbred girl. Kinda expected she'd be hot.

http://i.imgur.com/LUdB5ZH.jpg?1

piercerseth
04-16-2015, 06:01 AM
So far, the best body award goes to the black chick (not normally my preference) who's got a thing for Grey Worm.

Good call, Missandei is definitely top 3 (This month's GQ (http://www.gq.com/women/movies-and-tv/201503/game-of-thrones-nathalie-emmanuel) did a spread on the actress--put her on my radar). But redheads though. The same reason two reasons I watch Mad Men :naughty:

Inbred indeed. Guess her wildling frumpiness wasn't method acting and make up tricks.

shaina
04-16-2015, 06:19 AM
yummy cans

http://i.imgur.com/LUdB5ZH.jpg?1

She needs $5,000.00 on top , makes most women look waaaaaaay better :yahoo:
Seems to take away there imperfections .. Don't really know why??:whistling

megabyteme
04-16-2015, 06:23 AM
$5,000.00 on top , makes most women look waaaaaaay better

Nah, I think her nose is just fine. :P

shaina
04-16-2015, 06:25 AM
$5,000.00 on top , makes most women look waaaaaaay better

Nah, I think her nose is just fine. :P

Not that far up , just a tinsey bit lower :ermm: But good one :yup:

megabyteme
05-22-2015, 06:25 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=483&v=zs7xO5P3Az4

Give it a couple minutes, it gets better...

superdupe
05-29-2015, 12:05 PM
Where'd my post go? It took several hours for it to be approved (fair enough - I realise mods don't get paid and have a lot to do whilst also having a life in the real world), but then I made some minor edits. I thought *maybe* it would need to be approved again, but was happy to see it appear immediately. Now I refresh this thread to see if anyone has replied and my post has gone. I'm not saying this is crucially important, but now I know how Ned felt when he went "where's my head?" :D

anon
05-29-2015, 02:29 PM
then I made some minor edits. I thought *maybe* it would need to be approved again

You were correct ;)

superdupe
05-29-2015, 03:16 PM
then I made some minor edits. I thought *maybe* it would need to be approved again

You were correct ;)

Okay well thank you for letting me know and sorry for giving you even more work to do, but they do say Valar Dohaeris, right? By the way feel free to delete this post and the post querying where my first post had gone if you feel they are not really adding anything to this thread (neither post sadly mentions cans, lol)

IdolEyes787
05-29-2015, 06:20 PM
OK explain to me again why this in in Movies and TV and not Filesharing?

I only ask because there are windows in my car but I don't go to an auto dealer when I need my storms replaced.

megabyteme
05-29-2015, 07:04 PM
Does anyone know where I can download (or watch online for free) season 5 of Thronecast, the world's only official follow-on show for Game of Thrones?

I found a lot of them on Youtube.

superdupe
05-30-2015, 08:25 AM
Does anyone know where I can download (or watch online for free) season 5 of Thronecast, the world's only official follow-on show for Game of Thrones?

Were they full episodes of season 5? I search youtube everyday (usually several times a day in case they get uploaded & deleted it quickly), but have only seen old episodes from previous seasons and brief clips from the current season :(

If you did manage to find full season 5 episodes, can you let me know what you searched on (I just search on 'thronecast' and sort the results by upload date, although previously I have also tried "throne cast" to cover the obvious misspelling).

superdupe
05-30-2015, 08:31 AM
OK explain to me again why this in in Movies and TV and not Filesharing?

I only ask because there are windows in my car but I don't go to an auto dealer when I need my storms replaced.

Not sure if you mean my post, IdolEyes, but I couldn't see a Request thread when I joined a few days ago, but also I think the existence of this show is news worth knowing about for true GoT fans, but of course that is my personal opinion and others may disagree.

IdolEyes787
05-30-2015, 01:02 PM
Not sure if you mean my post, IdolEyes,

Fair enough as I'm not sure that I mean anything.

IdolEyes787
06-01-2015, 04:00 PM
Battle of Hardhome.

IdolEyes787
06-01-2015, 04:07 PM
Sort of redeemed the season although it's still annoying how some characters (Bran,Brienne,the Ironborn etc) have basically disappeared.
Also not digging on how the Jorah plot line is being handled.

megabyteme
06-01-2015, 05:32 PM
Look forward to watching it, then. Hesitated in reading this wanting to avoid spoilers, but since tits are the only thing that have held my interest this season, I figured a screen cap of some nice shapely ones wouldn't be too invasive.

So, who gets 'em out this week?

IdolEyes787
06-01-2015, 06:08 PM
Sadly nobody but as I've recently read that Kathy Ireland runs a company worth 2 billion dollars and Jessica Alba runs a company worth one billion dollars whoever is in charge of stuff obviously isn't doing a very good job.

megabyteme
06-01-2015, 06:21 PM
Sadly nobody but as I've recently read that Kathy Ireland runs a company worth 2 billion dollars and Jessica Alba runs a company worth one billion dollars whoever is in charge of stuff obviously isn't doing a very good job.

Sure, I'd look at 'em if they were to show 'em off.

Wait...we are letting women run companies?!!! What's next, actually counting their votes?!!! :fear:

One of the best (unintentional?) lines I've read in a while. :happy:

To this day, it remains the most profitable single edition of any magazine in the world, transforming bikini-clad models into sexy cash cows for Sports Illustrated.

From the article Idol was talking about regarding Kathy Ireland (http://www.forbes.com/sites/moiraforbes/2012/02/13/kathy-ireland-swimsuit-covergirl-turned-model-entrepreneur/).

Skiz
06-01-2015, 11:33 PM
Last nights Thrones was sensational, easily the best of the series and makes me totally forgive the showrunners for fucking up Dorne and the sand snake girls. :dabs:

IdolEyes787
06-01-2015, 11:51 PM
Easily the most exciting but I'm not sure if that qualifies it as being the best.

I'm now going to watch American Ninja Warrior so clearly I don't know what I'm talking about.

Rart
06-03-2015, 05:02 PM
Sort of redeemed the season although it's still annoying how some characters (Bran,Brienne,the Ironborn etc) have basically disappeared. .

Bran storyline already reached the end of the books last season so (in the hopes) that Winds of Winter is released before season six, they have tabled his story until next season. Brienne storyline has been fairly lackluster for quite a while now and with the lack of inclusion of a book character that's fairly important in her arc I'm not sure what they're trying to do with her. The lack of Ironborn in this season is also pretty disappointing, I'm sure all but the most dedicated show watchers will probably forget who they are by the time next season rolls along. Theon's role is slowly becoming bigger within the show and I believe some casting calls were made for the Ironborn in season 6 so there's that.

My predictions for the finale and big moment that "will break the internet" (according to the show actors):

For the watch happens. Jon Snow gets stabbed and dies. Stannis dies in some other manner, whether it be through the Ramsay skirmish (would be pretty disappointing imo) or through Brienne or the Battle at Winterfell. Melisandre does some weird ritual to try to resurrect Azor Ahai, but Jon gets resurrected instead. End credits roll.

megabyteme
06-03-2015, 05:06 PM
Certainly an over-the-top prediction, Rart.

Welcome back, now go fight Idol. :D

IdolEyes787
06-03-2015, 05:24 PM
Sort of redeemed the season although it's still annoying how some characters (Bran,Brienne,the Ironborn etc) have basically disappeared. .

Bran storyline already reached the end of the books last season so (in the hopes) that Winds of Winter is released before season six, they have tabled his story until next season. Brienne storyline has been fairly lackluster for quite a while now and with the lack of inclusion of a book character that's fairly important in her arc I'm not sure what they're trying to do with her. The lack of Ironborn in this season is also pretty disappointing, I'm sure all but the most dedicated show watchers will probably forget who they are by the time next season rolls along. Theon's role is slowly becoming bigger within the show and I believe some casting calls were made for the Ironborn in season 6 so there's that.

My predictions for the finale and big moment that "will break the internet" (according to the show actors):

For the watch happens. Jon Snow gets stabbed and dies. Stannis dies in some other manner, whether it be through the Ramsay skirmish (would be pretty disappointing imo) or through Brienne or the Battle at Winterfell. Melisandre does some weird ritual to try to resurrect Azor Ahai, but Jon gets resurrected instead. End credits roll.

Your predictions based on stuff other people have predicted on the internet you mean.:ermm:
The following in layman's terms this is known is taking the fight to your enemy.:01:

I'm not using spoilers here because anybody reading a thread about Game or Thrones should be smart enough to figure out that stuff inherent to the show and not vague references to fish is going to be discussed so enter at your own peril or something.
I don't see how they can pull the trigger on Jon Snow at this point unless Martin is fine with his next novel being already massively spoiled.
At most figure,stabbed and indeterminate end .See you suckers next year.This is TV and basically everyone associated is cunts remember

As for ending it like you "predicted" and then backburnering it next year in favour of Bran.Sure if they're fine with killing their ratings which is a good theory if you're mental.

Lastly your point about casting stuff or people aside because of their lack of importance to the books is equally stupid since this season has been one deviation after another.

In summation.Piss off.

Rart
06-03-2015, 06:34 PM
Your predictions based on stuff other people have predicted on the internet you mean.:ermm:

There are only so many things that could potentially happen. Everything that could potentially happen has already been "predicted" by some random forum post by some random book/show reader. I never proclaimed that my theory was completely original and that no one had ever predicted it before. It's just the theory I like the most and I think has a pretty good chance of happening. Good luck making a realistic prediction that no one has every mentioned before. :idunno:

As for ending it like you "predicted" and then backburnering it next year in favour of Bran.Sure if they're fine with killing their ratings which is a good theory if you're mental.

Lastly your point about casting stuff or people aside because of their lack of importance to the books is equally stupid since this season has been one deviation after another.

Perhaps you need to read more carefully if that's what you got out of my post. I don't even know where you came to this conclusion based on what I wrote. I never said they were backburning any storyline next year. All I mentioned is the reasoning why they omitted Bran this season, which is that Bran is taking a break this season because the show storyline has already caught up to the books. They are trying to show GRRM some courtesy and let him release TWOW before season 6 delves into his TWOW storyline. I don't think they'll wait any further. Disappointing? Yes. But understandable.

And where the hell did I say characters should be cast aside because of their lack of importance in their books? I was agreeing with you in my post. Brienne's storyline has been rather meaningless for two seasons now, and the lack of inclusion in the show of a major book character (LSH since we don't seem to care about spoilers anymore) leaves me very confused as to how they will keep Brienne relevant. There are some tinfoil theories out there that the title of episode 10 (Mother's Mercy) may be a nod to a LSH reveal, but I wouldn't keep my hopes up after being omitted for two seasons.

And again, in case you got this confusion from me mentioning the Ironborns, I was agreeing with you there as well. It has been pretty disappointing that they decided to completely omit them from season 5, and less dedicated viewers will probably completely forget who they are by the time season six rolls around. I mentioned Theon slowly having a bigger role in the show and the casting calls in season 6 as a consolation that they will almost certainly be in season 6, but yes, I think it was a poor decision to omit them completely.

In summation. Actually spend the time to read my post before you make your jumps in logic.

Still keeping this in spoilers since it is a pretty big fucking spoiler.

I don't see how they can pull the trigger on Jon Snow at this point unless Martin is fine with his next novel being already massively spoiled.

Having the trigger pulled on him is already in the novel. The question is whether or not he survives it, and if he does (which most people think he will), how he does. Most people don't believe that they'll be able to keep the secret of Kit Harrington being on set for an entire year very well, so they'll reveal his fate this season, which would be something that passes the books. Also I think GRRM has already conceded a long time ago that the show will pass the books. There's a small chance he'll get TWOW out before season six, but there's no way in hell that he'll get ADOS out before season 7/any future season.

IdolEyes787
06-03-2015, 07:16 PM
I'm not going to multiple quote because frankly no know cares enough to bother but I'm fairly certain that everything I said is right and everything you said is wrong because I'm older than you and white.

Also "my" as in "my predictions" suggests ownership. I know this, because.

My totally original prediction which I copyrighted to prevent putzes like you taking credit for it is that Jon will die and be reborn Chinese and then everyone will then call him Jon Yellow Snow.

He will also attend a party and dance with a dragon so the title of the book makes more sense.

megabyteme
06-03-2015, 07:21 PM
Back off, Idol. Copy and pasting Wikipedia has gotten him this far in college. Why should he cite something he read somewhere on the interwebs just because it wasn't his own idea? Harsh, man, harsh. :no:

IdolEyes787
06-03-2015, 07:22 PM
Oh yes and you will graduate college and find a high paying job in the tech industry designing silent fans but still prove to be a disappoint to your father.

To be fair though I don't really pay full attention to anything Rart says so he was right there.

I seriously hope he doesn't write another novella in response unless he comes up with something less nerd. that involves boobs.

On a side note I find having a username sort of ghey so could it possibly be changed to Bernie?

I have an IQ of 142 so so much for that actually meaning anything.

Obviously though it makes me quick-witted or at least quick if post rate means anything.

I'd also at this point like to apologize to Grmley or whatever his fake name is.

Rart
06-03-2015, 09:03 PM
I'm not going to multiple quote because frankly no know cares enough to bother but I'm fairly certain that everything I said is right and everything you said is wrong because I'm older than you and white.

Also "my" as in "my predictions" suggests ownership. I know this, because.

You know I spent the majority of my post pointing out how you seem to have a poor grasp of English and that I was actually agreeing with you? :stars: Seeing as you will only seriously reply to something you vehemently disagree with in order to start something, I guess that's why you're not really responding to it anymore.

And yes, it is "my" prediction. Just as much as it's "my" prediction that the Blackhawks will win the cup. It's also a prediction shared by however many Blackhawks fans are out there. When someone asks you who you think will win the cup, most people will say "I predict the Blackhawks will win" not "Barry Melrose predicts the Blackhawks will win". A possessive in the case of an opinion/prediction that can be shared by many doesn't imply you own/invented it.

IdolEyes787
06-03-2015, 09:34 PM
You know I spent the majority of my post pointing out how you seem to have a poor grasp of English and that I was actually agreeing with you? :stars: Seeing as you will only seriously reply to something you vehemently disagree with in order to start something, I guess that's why you're not really responding to it anymore.

No I didn't bother to reply more seriously because frankly it bored me.:mellow:

As for me wanting to "start something",I am the least hostile thing you are likely to cross paths with outside of your mother's teat.You would realize this if you weren't so homosexual.

I now predict that you will either not reply, realizing correctly that my joyfulness supplants your joylessness or you will foolishly reply thinking that you can somehow get the better or me ignoring the aforementioned fact about me being older and white.

To be fair, Herman Neville of Pacotello Wyoming also predicted this so the prediction isn't entirely mine.

megabyteme
06-04-2015, 02:28 AM
And yes, it is "my" prediction. Just as much as it's "my" prediction that the Blackhawks will win the cup. It's also a prediction shared by however many Blackhawks fans are out there. When someone asks you who you think will win the cup, most people will say "I predict the Blackhawks will win" not "Barry Melrose predicts the Blackhawks will win". A possessive in the case of an opinion/prediction that can be shared by many doesn't imply you own/invented it.

In fairness, "I predict [team] will win" is different from, "[Team captain] will throw his shoulder out in the 4th inning if he plays", which is even different from, "The online buzz about [team captain's] shoulder injury, which has been a hot topic among many critics, says he is likely to get injured if he keeps playing".

1. Is a personal opinion based upon unknown factors.

2. Indicates something will happen, which is believed by the writer/speaker.

3. Gives credit to those who have had this discussion, and shows that the writer/speaker is not alone in these beliefs.

#3 is the strongest and most honest way to present the idea(s).

Rart
06-04-2015, 10:28 AM
I mean, yes, sure, if I was writing an essay for my English class, method 3 would be the best way of citing some statement or sentence that I wrote. I didn't realize I was being held to those standards when I posted at FST, and no one seemed to have a problem with it the many other times I have posted in the Lost, Breaking Bad or Game of Thrones threads until Idol decided to completely misread my entire post (which I still don't understand why he did and he refuses to explain why).

In the interest of transparency though, the places where I had read discussions about the show include r/asoiaf, westeros.org forums, and awoiaf. And from those sites I eventually formulated my prediction of what may happen next in the show. It is most likely not a unique theory and someone else probably came up with it first at some point from reading from those sites.

IdolEyes787
06-04-2015, 12:50 PM
.. until Idol decided to completely misread my entire post (which I still don't understand why he did and he refuses to explain why).

Because I am your prince who was promised and as such I consider it my sacred duty to teach you that life is a song to be sung and as much as the Universe allows we should endeavor to make that song a jig and not a dirge.

If this was real life and not a movie I would instead be taking you to Tijuana to have sex with a hooker like in that 1983 Tom Cruise film Losin' It . Probably with equally hilarious and heartwarming results.

Now for my thoughts on what will happen.Created totally from my giant brain as I avoid fan sites out of fear they contain people even more into cats than myself.

Ollie will stab Jon.This is practically a given as the writers have been whacking us over the head with the probability all season.
Jon will warg into Ghost. Chekhov's Law( a term I'm pretty sure I originated ) and the recent random appearance of Ghost makes me believe this.This makes a lot of sense book-wise though little series-wise and if it happens, shows how bad the storytelling in GoT actually is if you hold it up to the light.
I also think that in the series his likely resurrection will somehow tie into Bran as that character needs something to properly reintroduce him and besides Melisandre he's about the only character with ties to the mystic the show has going.

Also Tyrion and Jon and Daenerys are all Targaryens, comprising the three heads of the dragon.

No, I read that one. :mellow:

superdupe
06-06-2015, 05:13 PM

Links, please?

megabyteme
06-06-2015, 06:12 PM

Links, please?

I used the mystical terms "youtube" and "thronecast" in Google. :mellow:

https://www.google.com/webhp?hl=en&tab=8w#hl=en&q=youtube+thronecast

superdupe
06-07-2015, 04:04 PM
Links, please?

I used the mystical terms "youtube" and "thronecast" in Google. :mellow:

https://www.google.com/webhp?hl=en&tab=8w#hl=en&q=youtube+thronecast

Thanks, but as I indicated in my previous posts, I'm looking for season 5 episodes and (also indicated in a previous post) I search youtube for them every day.

megabyteme
06-07-2015, 04:19 PM
Thanks, but as I indicated in my previous posts, I'm looking for season 5 episodes and (also indicated in a previous post) I search youtube for them every day.

Best I could find, and I checked several trackers before finding the youtube ones. If you have xbmc (Kodi), you can look there.

superdupe
06-08-2015, 11:25 AM

Best I could find, and I checked several trackers before finding the youtube ones. If you have xbmc (Kodi), you can look there.

Well a massive thank you for your time and effort. Also thanks for the tip. I've not heard of xbmc, but I'll look it up and hopefully get it that way.

Going to avoid this thread now for a day or 2 until I have caught up with GoT as don't want to risk reading any spoilers for episode 9...

IdolEyes787
06-21-2015, 05:35 PM
For anyone who cares about this sort of stuff which narrows it down to cat ladies and Rart.

Season 5 is over, and the long wait for Game of Thrones Season 6 has begun. A few weeks ago, casting calls surfaced for some major characters who are apparently going to appear on the show next year. While nothing is confirmed, the descriptions made it sound like we’re going to see the likes of Euron Greyjoy and Septon Meribald, characters seemingly left out of Season 5, as well as Randyll Tarly, Sam’s father, and his immediate family. Now, the fine Thrones fans over at Watchers on the Wall have published more casting calls obtained via a “reliable source.”

According to Watchers, the producers are looking specifically for residents of Ireland or Northern Ireland to fill these rolls, which could imply that the North is going to be of particular interest in Season 6. As always when dealing with these kinds of stories, it is encouraged that you take the news with a grain of salt. Having established that, let’s get into it.
Qhogo and Akrat: Possibly an exception to the request that actors be from Ireland or Northern Ireland, HBO is looking for performers of mixed ethnicity for these roles. Qhogo and Akrat are tall, confident young warriors who speak a fictional language. They’re all but guaranteed to be members of the Dothraki khalasar that came upon Daenerys in the fifth season finale.

Also, because this seems as good a time as any to mention it, why didn’t any of Dany’s Dothraki bloodriders join Jorah and Daario on their hunt for the Dragon Queen? They’re still around, right?

Lachlan: Lachlan is the leader of a renegade band who are extorting poor, vulnerable citizens even though they’ve been charged with protecting the land where those citizens live. He appears in two episodes next year.

There’re a lot of possibilities for this character. I can’t think of any direct analogue from the books, but that’s probably going to be the case a lot going forward, since the show has pretty much caught up with the novels at this point. Lachlan could be a Northerner disobeying the orders of House Bolton, a criminal who’s stampeding through the Riverlands, or even someone tormenting the citizens around Meereen. A puzzle, this man.

Flynn: This guy is part of an outlaw band, possibly part of Lachlan’s outlaw band. His group is using religion to justify extorting the citizenry. Like Lachlan, he’ll appears in two episodes.

The bit about religion is interesting, because one of the complaints I had about the Sparrows in Season 5 was that they seemed to come out of nowhere. If we see how brigands are using religion inappropriately to terrify people in the countryside, it’ll provide some context for the Sparrows, who are a reaction to all the senseless post-war violence.

Japeth: Here’s another member of an outlaw band. That Lachlan inspires loyalty, apparently. He’s a “rough-and-ready type” with a strong physical presence.

Bower: Whoever plays Bower is required to have a Northern or Midland English accent. His filming schedule overlaps with those of the outlaw band members described above, so he’s probably another member. Unlike the “rough-and-ready” Japeth, Bower is “a powerless servant, numb to the horror he serves.”

The more I read about Lachlan’s band (which I think we should all start calling “The Lachlan Group”), the more I think that they’re a bunch of brigands running around the Riverlands. Perhaps Season 6 will see Jaime head to the Riverlands to put down any remaining pockets of rebellion, as he did in A Feast for Crows.

Legendary Fighter: Moving away from outlaws, probably, this mysterious figure is in his thirties or forties and is described as “a paragon of knighthood.” Also, he carries a famous sword. Maybe he’s got a Valyrian steel sword and Sam is trying to send him to the Wall to stand against the oncoming White Walkers?

Predictably, HBO wants someone who’s good at sword fighting for the role. This knight of indeterminate race and ethnicity will spend a week filming fight scenes.

Lord of Noble Northern House: This lord is a savage warrior who rules a house in the very far North. HBO is looking for someone with a Northern English accent and a powerful physique who can tower over other cast members. He must be at least 180 cm tall, which is around 5 feet 11 inches, which isn’t ridiculously tall, but maybe all the other cast members are short. He’s also described as having a beard and a violent temper.

To me, this sounds like Lord Jon Umber, aka the Greatjon. True, that character has already appeared on the show, but he hasn’t been seen in a while, so maybe they’re recasting him. It all seems to fit. The Umbers control a house in the “very far North,” and we know they’re currently harboring Rickon, who Sansa found out was still alive back in “Hardhome.” Might Sansa somehow find out Rickon’s location and head north to start the resistance?

Lord of Northern Stronghold: This northern lord is “ruthless and calculating” and will appear in three episodes. Running with the whole “Northern resistance” theme, might this be Lord Wyman Manderly? He certainly had several moments of ruthlessness and cunning in “A Dance of Dragons.” There’s nothing here about him being grotesquely overweight, but the show doesn’t seem to have heeded George R.R. Martin when it comes to obese characters. Just look at who they cast as Yezzan zo Qaggaz this past season. .

pdn3307
08-14-2015, 06:38 PM
My gf and I started watching it like 6 months ago and after the first episode I knew that was hooked as she didn't want me to turn it off then one after the other and we were hooked. We couldn't stop watching it and now that we are fully caught up and had our minds completely blown by the last season, we cant wait till the new season starts back up.

onehalfau
09-26-2015, 09:33 AM
You have to remember only one thing in this story the characters are becoming heroes and then they have to die painful :naughty:. So if you have to choose a character to bond with choose the ones you normally hate.

The only real disadvantage is that it is a tv production and will be difficult to presents the battles of the following books (Just pre-ordered the 5th in amazon). Besides that it's the best production ever made for TV

Fuck and kill the Lannisters. All of them

I agree. In GoT, your favorite characters will either die or become evil.