PDA

View Full Version : Is PulsedMedia Seedbox Good ?

absent_today
06-24-2011, 02:39 AM
I dont really need great speed but i need good speed with unlimited traffic any other options ?

PooBar
06-24-2011, 08:24 AM
PM are a good choice , i have had a box with them since it was CSB
go for it...

absent_today
06-24-2011, 11:25 AM
Ok got a month plan to try i made the payment and it says payment made but server shows pending do you know how long does it takes to provide the server ?

lukarav
06-24-2011, 06:12 PM
On their site it says Setup within 48 hours, and this is what I got. What did you buy 100mbit or 1 gbit. I personally have their 1 gbit Small, and i am very satisfied.

Thelen
06-25-2011, 03:55 AM
Setups aren't automated (yet, I know they have plans to fix that), and yea can take up to 48hours. Pulsedmedia is one of the larger providers, catering more for the lower priced end, albeit still offering most of the features and a good service.

absent_today
06-25-2011, 04:47 AM
More than 18 hours still not available with me

Cut-Copy-Paste
06-25-2011, 10:03 AM

Dont work. pm is know for its high setup time. Surprisingly no one mentioned it 2 u..

absent_today
06-25-2011, 10:55 AM
Still not with me the website says with 12 hours

Thelen
06-26-2011, 04:26 AM

Dont work. pm is know for its high setup time. Surprisingly no one mentioned it 2 u..

Don't worry do you mean? And yea the setup times are on the website for everyone to see >_<

absent_today
06-26-2011, 06:13 AM
The setup on website says

Setups usually within 24hrs, often under 12hrs

But on main page within 48 hours

I'm already 42 hours awaiting

Cut-Copy-Paste
06-26-2011, 10:54 AM
^ Yeah I meant dont worry. I quick google search and forums at tracker will tell you that some people even waited for 5-7 days before they go the box with equaly poor support.

I am boldy guessing that to they dont provide account untill they got enough people for a box or get a slot vacant to keep cost minimal. I would recommend considering other host such as Xirvik, Seedmybox etc next time which has <12 hr setup time and My experience say its less than 2hr in most of cases.

absent_today
06-26-2011, 11:58 AM
Now i get response from ticket that they are finding difficulty finding the server and the server would be setup today.I know feral hosting who are extremely quick and great in there service but upload cap really hurts.

Cut-Copy-Paste
06-26-2011, 03:01 PM
Well If they are setting up a new server for you that would be really good for you. You should really exploit next few days untill they over burden ur box. According to FSF pulsemedia used OVH so unless they have some magic trick which they claim to you will also have cap their.

Feral ofc have Absurd upload cap. I could never understand point of providing 1TB HDD when you limit brandwith to 5TB. Rest they are fine if you are not gonna use Auto-Download.

absent_today
06-26-2011, 03:16 PM
Finally got the seedbox , how do i download http files ? and isn't there a browser in it ?

Thelen
06-27-2011, 03:18 AM
Xirvik, Seedmybox etc next time which has <12 hr setup time and My experience say its less than 2hr in most of cases.

Pfff, they've taken days as well. Just google or check private forums....

According to FSF pulsemedia used OVH so unless they have some magic trick which they claim to you will also have cap their.

.... they use unmetered OVH servers such as http://www.ovh.co.uk/products/superplan_mini.xml?bp=unmetered though the SP10 and SP10R which aren't quite that expensive (about half the price). Also that FSF article is so old now none of what it says is relevant.

@absent you can just browse to data directory. something like user.server.pulsedmedia.com/data for example.

Cut-Copy-Paste
06-27-2011, 10:56 AM
^ Please can you post here example of such review? Google did'nt helped me much exept a single post in which a guy was upset becouse they didnt said hello?

absent_today
06-27-2011, 11:09 AM
@Thelen
I need to download files from http example - Mega Upload and others can you help , also anyone knows how do i configure to use seedbox as webproxy ?

Thelen
06-27-2011, 12:07 PM
cut copy paste, most of them are on private forums. you could check whirlpool though, there are comments about slow setup/support. anyway, point is everyone can be slow at times. and, you get what you pay for. you can't compare xirvik and pulsedmedia, for one xirvik is almost twice as expensive, so...

@absent, i don't know really you will have to look around for how other people do it. they just sell seedboxes, not "upload from X site, download to Y" etc. as for proxy, you can use the proxy tab, or you can use SSH tunnel.

absent_today
06-27-2011, 01:10 PM
I tried the proxy tab but it does not allow downloading of files greater than 98 mb.

I'll check the http using wget, Thelen do you know if i want to add up a extra HDD of 50GB how quickly can it be done now ?

Thelen
06-28-2011, 01:09 AM
The proxy isn't for downloading files, it is for proxying your web.
You can also order extra disk yes, check upgrades section.

absent_today
06-28-2011, 01:47 AM
Can you pass me that link i just couldn't find the upgrade tab

Also since today i find the upload speed is not going more than 3 MB,,,, FUP ?

lukarav
06-29-2011, 03:18 PM
I think what are you looking for is called Rapidleech host. Also if you have ordered 100 mbit box 3 MB/s average is fine. If you are looking for faster speeds go for their 1 gbit box. I am doing 15MB/s+ no problem.