PDA

View Full Version : [Request] A Music Tracker Invitation

staticdyn
06-24-2011, 07:55 AM
Hello,
I Am working in a youth center and am trying to teach the art of DJing to teenagers.
the center is located in a poor neighborhood, and our work there is voluntary and is very difficult at times. the workers at the center have come an understanding that the biggest catalyst for crime and violence is boredom. they've asked me to try and start a dj class as a part of their attempt to offer interesting and relevant activities to as many kids as possible. the problem was we had no budget, and had to get everything from donations. the only piece of equipment that the canter had was an old heavy PA amplifier. we managed to get some equipment from local stores and some used equipment from fellow djs who didn't need it any more (broken headphones, two CDJ100's, a belt turntable, a P4 laptop, etc...) not the best in the market but it eventually gets the job done. the children were very interested. the problem that i've encountered is that the music they hear is mainly the bs you get on MTV and local commercial radio stations. i want to expand their knowledge and give them a better understanding in the internet culture weve talked about copyright, and corporate media, open source codes, I've shown them websites like bandcamp, soundclound, dj blogs.
Now i want to show them the democratic culture of the bittorent network.
this will achieve two goals
one is to explose them to the importance of a copyright free culture in human development, and the communities that trackers have.
two is to give them real tools and resources in finding and discovering new music to polish their act and give them advantagesover the competition.

therefore I ask you for an invitation on a music tracker like waffles or what.cd.
I, Personally, am a TL user since 2006, with +1TB buffer, I also use Audionews, although not quite as often. i can send you ratioproofs if you want.

thanks in advance...

n00bz0r
06-24-2011, 08:28 AM
In all your posts, I see you asking for invite to one site or another.
I was thinking about inviting you to waffles, but your post history made me reconsider.

staticdyn
06-24-2011, 10:01 AM
In all your posts, I see you asking for invite to one site or another.
I was thinking about inviting you to waffles, but your post history made me reconsider.

My previous request was in 2009, it's been a while since that last happened.
besides, then it was for my persoal use, but today i am asking for a cause...

anon
06-24-2011, 01:34 PM
http://www.whatinterviewprep.com/

whatcdfan
06-24-2011, 02:08 PM
My humble advise for you is, join rutracker, although I don't know exactly how much music torrents it has but I have found almost everything there, that too mostly in lossless, and if in case I couldn't find something then I couldn't find it on what either.

IdolEyes787
06-24-2011, 02:16 PM
Nice request but unfortunately I don't believe a word of it.

superpagla
06-24-2011, 03:23 PM
:huh:......Bullshit!!!

Nice request but unfortunately I don't believe a word of it.
I also don't believe him......I think he is just trying to get an a/c for himself.....

besides, then it was for my personal use, but today i am asking for a cause...
May be the story is kind of like this.....
"Today I am showing a fake cause to get ur invite with sympathy"

Evelyn
06-25-2011, 02:15 AM
My humble advise for you is, join rutracker,
+1
It has _HUGE_ music collection if you know how to find :) and sometime shoot in the dark too :P

@op
3+yrs & only 44 posts ? only asking invitation ?
btw Audionews is also good, i use to member at beginning, good techno & trance.

since you are not looking for particular genre of music , DJ stuff need more synthesized music hence your better bets are Audionews, Demonoid, RuT

SelfMadeMMAn
06-26-2011, 01:36 PM

I also don't believe him......I think he is just trying to get an a/c for himself.....

besides, then it was for my personal use, but today i am asking for a cause...

OK you two, we have all seen his post history, and yes, he has been quiet for a long time. Why, people change. I am a prime example of that one. The point is, is it really so hard to believe there is good in the world, that people do things for others without an alternative motive.

IdolEyes787
06-26-2011, 02:46 PM
World yes, FST no.
Also just so it's clear I'm not basing my feelings on any prolonged absence from this board . On the contrary I think being absent from here is both a natural and healthy thing.I just think that the request , overlooking the fact that it's not even written in the same "voice" as his previous posts is a little too over the top to be believable. Personally I think someone "doing good " for good's sake is a lot less likely to toot his own horn about it.

Also teaching kids at a youth centre to steal is probably kinda counterproductive.

PS Ulterior motive

Disme
06-26-2011, 03:38 PM

OK you two, we have all seen his post history, and yes, he has been quiet for a long time. Why, people change. I am a prime example of that one. The point is, is it really so hard to believe there is good in the world, that people do things for others without an alternative motive.

Nice explanation, unfortunately I don't believe a word of it :dry: