PDA

View Full Version : revolt question...

Swepsycho
06-25-2011, 06:17 PM
u guys know if revolt soon open signup..? i missed open signup 2007 n i still wait if again...

anon
06-25-2011, 06:33 PM
u guys know if revolt soon open signup..?

Go to their home page, paste this in your address bar and press Enter, I just made an account that way.

javascript:alert(unescape('%59%6F%75%20%61%72%65%20%61%6E%20%69%64%69%6F%74'));

IdolEyes787
06-25-2011, 06:38 PM
u guys know if revolt soon open signup..? i missed open signup 2007 n i still wait if again...

Unless you wish to talk matters both important and mundane (mostly mundane ) with people little different than by username than the ones you see here then there is zero point of you belonging to Revolt.
Of course that was not the point of this thread so happy trolling.

Swepsycho
06-25-2011, 06:46 PM
@anon very funny.... :dry: @idol man wat is ur problem..? i belived grimreper was idiot but mayby is right..? :) i remember u was nice mayby take more fresh air is nice :) also happy midsumer all now i go out celebrate this cos its big event in sweden n bears wait for me in fridge hehehe... ;)

IdolEyes787
06-25-2011, 06:54 PM
I answered the question in the most useful way possible as Revolt is a forum. As for the trolling comment forgive me for speaking the truth.

Btw if you prefer grimmrapper's particular brand of intolerance to mine I wish you well when you get what you want as apparent or not only one of us gives a whit about other people here.

KFlint
06-26-2011, 01:34 PM
What's the point? It's an english forum and you are a bit challenged in that field, aren't you?

n bears wait for me in fridge

DON'T OPEN THE DOOR!!!!!:fear:

anon
06-26-2011, 06:04 PM
n bears wait for me in fridge

DON'T OPEN THE DOOR!!!!!:fear:

ROFL :lol:

Thanks for the laugh :)

th0r
06-27-2011, 03:01 AM
don't waste your time. revolt has the same 5 posters that've been posting since 2007 and it'll continue to be that way for another 4 years until they open signups again and by then, there probably won't even be a revolt to talk about

again, don't bother

1000possibleclaws
06-27-2011, 04:07 AM
Revolt is overrated and whichever staff recently disabled me for speaking my mind about it is a fucking big man for it. You'll get maybe one or two interesting copy/paste jobs from Digg per week, the monthly server expense bump ritual, and a ton of spam from nubs seeking 200 posts for the hidden sections that are also dead.

mjmacky
06-27-2011, 07:49 AM
Never heard of revolt before, but based on everything said so far, why would I? Here's to their eventual failure :cheers:

IdolEyes787
06-27-2011, 11:59 AM
Never heard of revolt before, but based on everything said so far, why would I? Here's to their eventual failure :cheers:

I'm told that like many things bt related it was quite nice at some point in the past until as 1000possibleclaws said the inevitable influx of The Horde.

Polarbear
06-27-2011, 12:52 PM
Revolt is cool.

IdolEyes787
06-27-2011, 01:05 PM
Define cool.

KFlint
06-27-2011, 01:28 PM
Is there a section promoting political activism or something? Or does the revolution theme just an excuse for a forum with no purpose?

Swepsycho
06-27-2011, 02:54 PM
@kflint hehehe fun joke man... i mean beer not bear... @th0r thx for info but i dont care about posts... @1000possibleclaws m8 u ned to think little more i think ;) hidden section is reason i want revolt n many want 200 post cos then access.. :yes: in hidden is invite section n i know u can get invites in many good trackers.. :)

A13
06-27-2011, 02:57 PM
@kflint hehehe fun joke man... i mean beer not bear... @th0r thx for info but i dont care about posts... @1000possibleclaws m8 u ned to think little more i think ;) hidden section is reason i want revolt n many want 200 post cos then access.. :yes: in hidden is invite section n i know u can get invites in many good trackers.. :)

:rolleyes:

Disme
06-27-2011, 03:04 PM
hidden section is reason i want revolt n many want 200 post cos then access.. :yes: in hidden is invite section n i know u can get invites in many good trackers.. :)
Has anyone told you yet what an ignorant schmuck you are? Believe whatever you want to believe, but try to keep your unfunded and wrong 'opinions' based on hearsay and childish gossip for yourself.

n00bz0r
06-27-2011, 03:16 PM
Sorry to burst your bubble, but there are no invite topics etc on Revolt.

anon
06-27-2011, 03:35 PM
@1000possibleclaws m8 u ned to think little more i think ;)

hidden section is reason i want revolt n many want 200 post cos then access.. :yes: in hidden is invite section n i know u can get invites in many good trackers.. :)

"Do as I say but not as I do..."

IdolEyes787
06-27-2011, 03:37 PM
Define cool.

Bump.

Mokhtar
06-27-2011, 04:25 PM
revolt is dead,, users join act like thing to be the elite of torrent. so site dead for a very long time. nothing interesting happens there and ppl dont even get invites to leet trackers no more.
it is fail like skittles tracker is. waste no time there, i just keep acc alive.

KFlint
06-27-2011, 04:34 PM
ppl dont even get invites to leet trackers no more.

They don't? :cry:

th0r
06-27-2011, 04:50 PM
Is there a section promoting political activism or something? Or does the revolution theme just an excuse for a forum with no purpose?it's nothing more than a red style sheet with the occasional che guevara image

IdolEyes787
06-27-2011, 04:51 PM
revolt is dead,, users join act like thing to be the elite of torrent. so site dead for a very long time. nothing interesting happens there and ppl dont even get invites to leet trackers no more.
it is fail like skittles tracker is. waste no time there, i just keep acc alive.

No offense but I'm going out on a limb here and suggesting that you are more the problem than the solution.

Swepsycho
06-27-2011, 05:23 PM
@mohtar if u dont need acc mayby give to somebody who ned this..? also why u dont get invites to good tracker wat happend..? :huh: @idol are u member or u only speak wat u belive again..? :dry:

deadalive1
06-27-2011, 05:36 PM
revolt is dead,, users join act like thing to be the elite of torrent. so site dead for a very long time. nothing interesting happens there and ppl dont even get invites to leet trackers no more. it is fail like skittles tracker is. waste no time there, i just keep acc alive. So as you say the site is dead, why keep the account active? Is it you are one of the ones who think you are elite by having membership there? Honestly, I am trying to figure out why a person would keep an account active to a place they obviously think is a waste for others to join....

anon
06-27-2011, 05:47 PM
waste no time there, i just keep acc alive.

I see a contradiction here.

@mohtar if u dont need acc mayby give to somebody who ned this..?

Namely you, right Swe? :P

DeadPoet
06-27-2011, 05:52 PM
So as you say the site is dead, why keep the account active? Is it you are one of the ones who think you are elite by having membership there? Honestly, I am trying to figure out why a person would keep an account active to a place they obviously think is a waste for others to join....

Wasn't revolt just a forum with very little amount of torrents, like it's more focused on Bit-Torrent discussions than actual torrents?

anon
06-27-2011, 06:08 PM
Judging from the review (http://filesharingtalk.com/threads/389598-Revolt-Review), the torrent amount part is correct.

th0r
06-27-2011, 07:18 PM
revolt's staff is to blame for it being completely dead the past 4 years by them extremely limiting invites and never opening signups and even when they did, they purged 99% of the new members because they posted twice in 1 day. now, not only does it have barely any torrents (which was never the point), but there's very little being discussed at all, aside from bittorrent

ninja edit: it looks like my revolt account has been disabled, even though i accessed it in the past month or so. gosh, those revolt folks sure work fast they do! i wonder what i'll do now w/o my dead warez torrents and expired pr0n pws

:cry:

kallieb
06-27-2011, 07:40 PM
Revolt is a forum only - the tracker's been gone for ages. Yes they'd opened signup around 4 years ago, and it was more work than benefit to clean up all the dup/traded/spam/for sale accounts. I don't blame the staffers for not going through that hassle again. Member acct's were not disabled for posting twice in a day. Accts banned in the early days after open sign up were usually those from n00bs who demonstrated their total lack of impulse control in their rush to make 100 posts to gain access to the 'secret' forum by by flooding the forums with spam.

I visit very rarely now for reasons of my own and nothing to do with Revolt. Whenever I check in there are always active posts/threads by a mix of new and old-timers ;) Lots of chatter revolves around BT, but it's not the only area discussed. There's loads of special interest sections that still show activity.

The fact that a site like revolt is still around after all these years, says a lot about where people like to post and hang with friends. Staffers and long time members have always and still do ignore all the bullshit posts about whether its a leet site or not. Frankly they don't care. The way it is: If you like the site then come by when you can. If you don't like the site then drop the account. Like the n00b above who posted that he keeps the account just 'because' - for him a others with similar attitude don't keep accts for a bragging trophy. That's totally lame There are other ways to boost self-esteem.

Cabalo
06-27-2011, 07:49 PM
ninja edit: it looks like my revolt account has been disabled, even though i accessed it in the past month or so. gosh, those revolt folks sure work fast they do! i wonder what i'll do now w/o my dead warez torrents and expired pr0n pws

:cry:
Seems to be a democratic place, as long as you don't badmouth them... :mellow:

Swepsycho
06-27-2011, 09:06 PM
oh kallieb :) sound very intresting forum.. i rly like revolt forum i hope mayby one day i come by too... :happy:

th0r
06-27-2011, 09:14 PM
Like the n00b above who posted that he keeps the account just 'because' - for him a others with similar attitude don't keep accts for a bragging trophy. That's totally lame There are other ways to boost self-esteem.how you deduced this from my previous post, i don't understand

Swepsycho
06-27-2011, 09:18 PM
thor dont be ass.....

kallieb
06-27-2011, 09:27 PM
Like the n00b above who posted that he keeps the account just 'because' - for him a others with similar attitude don't keep accts for a bragging trophy. That's totally lame There are other ways to boost self-esteem.how you deduced this from my previous post, i don't understand

Mokhtar http://filesharingtalk.com/images/buttons_fst/viewpost-right.png (http://filesharingtalk.com/showthread.php?p=3591515#post3591515) ...... waste no time there, i just keep acc alive.

That n00b ;)

Swepsycho
06-27-2011, 09:31 PM
kallieb how can u invit friends in revolt...? :)

kallieb
06-27-2011, 09:44 PM
Invites to a site usually follow the same options: Go on their irc to request, or ask a friend who's already on site to request an invite on your behalf, or wait for an open sign up. On the latter - that's unlikely for Revolt as it's not had one for a number of years so you're left with Option A or B.

Personally, I'd suggest that if you really want to be part of this community or any other start with requesting a direct invite either by going on their IRC, or making a post to a staffer here. If they believe where you're at fits with what the site offers, then you may get lucky. If not, well - don't worry about it. Keep posting here at FST - you seem to have fun :)

Swepsycho
06-27-2011, 09:56 PM
ohh thx man i will do option A... :)

th0r
06-27-2011, 10:21 PM
thor dont be ass.....i'm not being an ass, i was just asking for clarification

anon
06-28-2011, 01:51 AM
Keep posting here at FST - you seem to have fun :)

He's not the only one having fun from his posts :happy:

n00bz0r
06-28-2011, 02:02 AM
Questionable powers of logical deduction, I'd say. :P

As for the forum in question, its *just* a forum. The invites which were supposedly given out in the heydays, were usually given by staffers from certain sites who enjoyed the forum and liked the members from that site in general. That, however, is no longer the case. invites and related discussions are no longer allowed.
As for the types of discussions that usually go on, like Kallieb said, there still as sections of special interest that are fairly active. Discussions pertaining to BT sites are common, primarily coz of the fact that the members that make up the site are long time BT users.

@pinheads who hold their accounts for the sake of it, grow the fuck up. You're not holding on to a family heirloom that you'll be passing on to the other generation. You are the guys who make a site look 'inactive'.

I gotta admit I don't post quite often, either, due to reasons of my own.But, I usually catch up on new posts once a week and then reply, if I feel like getting involved in certain discussion(s).
Hope that clears a few things up.

@OP: Why don't you close the thread now? I am quite sure you have received all the legit info you'd get. Whats the point of people bumping it with lame replies?

//0.02$

1000possibleclaws
06-28-2011, 02:04 AM
To get a couple laughs? Cause it's a P.O.S. forum that likes secrecy, and a thread on FST is the polar opposite? We have our reasons! :w00t:

th0r
06-28-2011, 02:10 AM
agreed w/ 1000possibleclaws; it's always open season here, let the shit fly and when you need to get serious, take it offline (so to speak) to the respective trackers

IdolEyes787
06-28-2011, 02:24 AM
@OP: Why don't you close the thread now? I am quite sure you have received all the legit info you'd get. Whats the point of people bumping it with lame replies?

//0.02$

Silly request considering that the OP is just trolling to begin with. Also no offense but I don't think it's for you to decide what is or isn't lame here. Some , that being me, for instance might say your post was itself somewhere in the lame ballpark.
As for my two centavos ,if I were a betting man I'd wager the OP is on Revolt already and (still) playing a majority of people here for fools.

Of course not being very bright myself and his consistently perfect broken English being totally genuine I could be entirely wrong.

ca_aok
06-28-2011, 02:33 AM
You're neglecting the effect that huffing duster and chugging draino as a child had on the OP's mental capacity.

Cabalo
06-28-2011, 02:36 AM
Why does every time we have a new thread about that revolt thingie, there's always someone asking to close it?

IdolEyes787
06-28-2011, 02:48 AM
Because and you might not have heard,but it's cool.

KFlint
06-28-2011, 03:04 AM

Define cool.

1000possibleclaws
06-28-2011, 03:13 AM

Define cool.

Bump.

kingeater
06-28-2011, 04:24 AM
You're neglecting the effect that huffing duster and chugging draino as a child had on the OP's mental capacity.
If he chugged draino as a child, he would be well on his way to be a Chuggalo!
/Get it? Because it sounds like Juggalo and we all know that they don't know how magnets work!
//HE HE HE HA HA HA HA!

Related to the OP:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zz5Y282vXi0

Funkin'
06-28-2011, 05:57 AM
I guess I'm the only one that finds it pretty funny that two members in this thread has recently been disabled for typing something about the site that the staff didn't agree with.

mjmacky
06-28-2011, 06:50 AM

I think a proper response to that would be this:

Quit acting like self appointed pseudo moderator. Your post could have been used to bump that pointless thread about...

n00bz0r
06-28-2011, 07:34 AM
Wow, you really have a hard time understanding the simplest of sentences and the context in which they are used. In the nicest possible way, I suggest you read things carefully, the next time.

Can't be arsed to argue and say more than I already have.

//Peace

mjmacky
06-28-2011, 07:38 AM
Wow, you really have a hard time understanding the simplest of sentences and the context in which they are used.

Someone can help out me, what saying is he? I not can figure out what mean these words, he put strange order of them.

IdolEyes787
06-28-2011, 12:05 PM

Define cool.

It was a serious question.I was guessing polarbar would respond with .........
No actually actually with history as my guide I wasn't expecting polarbar to respond .:mellow:

Swepsycho
06-28-2011, 01:41 PM
@funkin who is disable..? :ohmy:

also idol i wanna pm u but cant...can u see report section if i post there..?

KFlint
06-28-2011, 01:48 PM
Retired staff, as in not a moderator anymore...

Swepsycho
06-28-2011, 01:52 PM
ok ty m8...

IdolEyes787
06-28-2011, 04:27 PM

Retired staff,I thought it said retarded staff and figured I was just to dumb to see how to use the mod functions.
OK ty m8

Also where's my pension?

anon
06-28-2011, 05:10 PM
In my desktop PC, your stars still have no title below them. Internet cache for the win :01:

Funkin'
06-29-2011, 02:23 AM
@funkin who is disable..? :ohmy:

According to the posts in this thread, th0r and 10000possibleclaws.

1000possibleclaws
06-29-2011, 02:37 AM
I thought it was pretty funny! I found n00bzor's coming in here to white knight for the site even moreso though :P

n00bz0r
06-29-2011, 03:01 AM
I thought it was pretty funny! I found n00bzor's coming in here to white knight for the site even moreso though :P
:lol:
That wasn't the intention. Just posted a couple of things to help clear the air and sort any misconceptions out.
Dunno if it helped much.

Anyway, mind clearing your inbox? Am unable to reply to your last message.

1000possibleclaws
06-29-2011, 03:08 AM
Yeah sorry bout that, didn't even notice.

KFlint
06-29-2011, 03:18 AM

Retired staff,I thought it said retarded staff and figured I was just to dumb to see how to use the mod functions.
OK ty m8

Also where's my pension?

You were 8 days short of mod duty to have one for the rest of your life, haven't you heard? :O

IdolEyes787
06-29-2011, 01:04 PM
Also where's my pension?

You were 8 days short of mod duty to have one for the rest of your life, haven't you heard? :O[/QUOTE]

Faceless,soulless corporations grow fat while poor lads like me starve in the gutter.
Well at least I've got my cardboard box and my memories to ease the pain of the cold rain and my empty belly.