PDA

View Full Version : Most trusted source to get a windows image?

Expeto
06-27-2011, 11:04 AM
I'm not huge fan of downlading executebles, but I'm in an urgent need for a very clean(stable and secure) windows image. Where do you think is the most trusteble place get a windows image?

Cabalo
06-27-2011, 11:43 AM
At any decent private tracker you should find one.
If you're looking for public trackers, I'd use h33t

Hologram
06-27-2011, 11:45 AM
Or TPB.

InTheBasement
06-27-2011, 11:51 AM
MyDigitalLife.info (http://forums.mydigitallife.info/index.php)

Windows XP Repository (http://forums.mydigitallife.info/threads/26911-The-Windows-XP-Repository)

Windows 7 Repository (http://forums.mydigitallife.info/threads/7126-The-Official-Windows-7-Repository)

LazyGuy
06-27-2011, 12:18 PM

Windows XP Repository (http://forums.mydigitallife.info/threads/26911-The-Windows-XP-Repository)

Windows 7 Repository (http://forums.mydigitallife.info/threads/7126-The-Official-Windows-7-Repository)
thanks, basement
those links are the best +1
op go with the links as posted above

bijoy
06-27-2011, 12:25 PM
or from your MSDN account.

LazyGuy
06-27-2011, 01:16 PM
or from your MSDN account.
but not everyone does have MSDN access
does OP have it?
if you can get it from MSDN, you're getting it direct from the horse's mouth

InTheBasement
06-27-2011, 02:09 PM
It doesn't really matter where you get it as long as you can verify checksums. I just like and trust My Digital Life because of Daz, who wrote the DAZ Loader

whatcdfan
06-27-2011, 02:44 PM
It doesn't really matter where you get it as long as you can verify checksums. I just like and trust My Digital Life because of Daz, who wrote the DAZ Loader

+1

anon
06-27-2011, 02:45 PM
At any decent private tracker you should find one.
If you're looking for public trackers, I'd use h33t

This. Warez-BB also has the untouched images in case you can't find them or they're slow.

karachidude
06-27-2011, 03:19 PM

+1.i download from there too when i need too,and downloads are fast too

TONiC
06-28-2011, 05:51 PM
I honestly think you're all retards. Any decent private BT tracker should be carrying BIE releases:
Microsoft.Windows.7.Enterprise.x64.SP1.Integrated.June.2011-BIE
Microsoft.Windows.7.Enterprise.x86.SP1.Integrated.June.2011-BIE

100% clean. 100% working w/ updates [I run Vista x64, 7 x86, and I've NEVER had a single problem]. When it comes to cracking programs, The Scene rapes. End of...

PooBar
06-29-2011, 07:45 AM
Torrentleech has many

tucan
06-29-2011, 08:27 AM
i agree get a BIE release from a private tracker or if you are going to use public i would use 1337x. Personaly i wouldnt use h33t its unsafe nowadays

b3owulf
06-29-2011, 12:44 PM
I honestly think you're all retards. Any decent private BT tracker should be carrying BIE releases:
Microsoft.Windows.7.Enterprise.x64.SP1.Integrated.June.2011-BIE
Microsoft.Windows.7.Enterprise.x86.SP1.Integrated.June.2011-BIE

100% clean. 100% working w/ updates [I run Vista x64, 7 x86, and I've NEVER had a single problem]. When it comes to cracking programs, The Scene rapes. End of...
You're the biggest retard in this thread. You see the word "integrated"? It means the group combined SP1 and original W7 image by manually. Check it if you don't believe.

Hashes for original nad untouched MSDN images are:

MD5 for x86: 0F75C64DE4B10FD581845ABA99E1591D SHA-1: 2C9774A1F48570E749E6D33C642FE8F6F7898CB0
MD5 for x64: 8DB2FA2C64160F582BD099E86DBE219F SHA-1: 4788041EB06E0F49720C112FBD256AC637909D4F

Ninja edit: hashes for current images at MSDN/TechNet are different due to the fact that they released updated images with very small bugfix (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2534111/ru). Those updated images have never been seen on the net. I gave the hashes for the files that are actualy available to download from some places.

OT: If OP understands Russian go to wzor.net or search for an invitation to dc.ru-board.com.

TONiC
06-29-2011, 01:20 PM
You see the word "integrated"? It means the group combined SP1 and original W7 image by manually. Check it if you don't believe.

Hashes for original nad untouched MSDN images are:

MD5 for x86: 0F75C64DE4B10FD581845ABA99E1591D SHA-1: 2C9774A1F48570E749E6D33C642FE8F6F7898CB0
MD5 for x64: 8DB2FA2C64160F582BD099E86DBE219F SHA-1: 4788041EB06E0F49720C112FBD256AC637909D4F

Ninja edit: hashes for current images at MSDN/TechNet are different due to the fact that they released updated images with very small bugfix.

And that matters how? That's a good thing it's integrated - I don't need to tell you it's as up to date as a Windows can get. You then even admit there's new releases out [with different hashes] with the latest bugfixes, implying getting the latest/bleeding edge release is important. Don't play me for a fool [/retard] by contradicting yourself. OP wants a copy of Windows. Scene releases = 100% clean, and working - and the most up to date . Meaning the original criteria of a stable and secure Windows, are met. And at that piss easy to install seeing as I don't think I even needed to enter a damn key, and all I needed to do was run the automatic crack - which still works, in the case of my Vista x64, for around 4 years, and 2 years for my 7 x86.

Even if he tries to save time by DLing a pure retail windows copy, he may well end up downloading all the updates at a later stage. Yes, there is a risk that BIE coded something nasty like a keylogger in there. Regardless: this is the risk of all pirated software. But you forget it's The Scene: just as there are people willing to crack releases, there are people willing to reverse engineer them to try get a proper [refer Razor V skidrow + emu], or to gain nuker points, or just to warn other. Have a look at WiNDAZ - they started packing virii into their releases, then they get nuked + scene notice + ban. I'll gladly take my chances seeing as this has yet to occur once with BIE or any of their releases.

CleverMan
06-29-2011, 08:12 PM
Regardless: this is the risk of all pirated software.
lol you don't understand. That BIE release IS indeed pirate release made by no one knows who, simply put, and there IS a risk of something nasty in it. But if you download original image from any pirate site and check hashes on msdn, and they match, you get exactly what Microsoft has issued, pure (not like MS couln't put something in it tho, but that's another matter). It doesn't mean MS makes pirated software does it?

For reference: the very last images of Windows 7 that were issued named something like
Microsoft Windows 7 with SP1 U [Updated] published 5/12/2011
Ultimate x86: en_windows_7_ultimate_with_sp1_x86_dvd_u_677460.iso - SHA1: 65FCE0F445D9BF7E78E43F17E441E08C63722657

1000possibleclaws
06-29-2011, 08:38 PM
I've had a BIE release fail authentication after several months probably due to an automatic update, but have also had releases that are still working to this day. Lucky for me I have a legit Windows 7 key so if they fail I can just use that to fix it.

TONiC
06-29-2011, 10:35 PM
Regardless: this is the risk of all pirated software.
lol you don't understand. That BIE release IS indeed pirate release made by no one knows who, simply put, and there IS a risk of something nasty in it.

Please re-read the paragraph from which you quoted me, then stfu, and gtfo.

Let me put it this way: there are mechanisms in place to assure all end users of scene sourced software that it is clean. If, and this being the keyword here, BIE code malware into their releases, then security companies will know about it; why? Because from the piracy hierarchy that exists today, said software would be downloaded millions of times, and from there, God knows how many times installed - this is Windows after all. To be cautious about Windows Scene releases and not dl/install them, is nearing hypocracy to how ever many other times you automatically dl/install any other scene software without thinking what could've been coded in there, yet the threat is the same - perhaps even less so.

InTheBasement
06-30-2011, 02:09 PM
100% clean. 100% working w/ updates. When it comes to cracking programs, The Scene rapes. End of...

Well obviously you're the retard since you lack proper reading comprehension. Go ahead and read the OP again, slowly this time and you might notice he specifically states he's not looking to download "executebles" and is looking for a "clean (stable and secure) windows image".

How much more clean of an image can you get when it's an exact copy of the original from the only official source? Idiot...

Nowhere do I see him asking for pirated software as you suggest, nor do I see him asking for a BIE tool, Chew-WGA, RemoveWAT, BIOS emulation/mod, key-gen, hack, crack, patch or whatever, be it a standalone executable or integrated within the image.

So before you reply to this read it again, slowly... Also, I'm not saying BIE or scene releases are not trustworthy.

karachidude
06-30-2011, 02:56 PM
I've had a BIE release fail authentication after several months probably due to an automatic update, but have also had releases that are still working to this day. Lucky for me I have a legit Windows 7 key so if they fail I can just use that to fix it.

same here,i was using the bie april version,started getting the windows not geniun msg,fortunately a friend gifted to me a ultimate geniun key,been using it know

TONiC
06-30-2011, 03:13 PM
100% clean. 100% working w/ updates. When it comes to cracking programs, The Scene rapes. End of...

Well obviously you're the retard since you lack proper reading comprehension. Go ahead and read the OP again, slowly this time and you might notice he specifically states he's not looking to download "executebles" and is looking for a "clean (stable and secure) windows image".

very clean(stable and secure)

BIE/other: Clean? Yes, because it's scene and is subject to standards, enforcement of said standards, and mass spreading resulting in awareness of possible malware by security companies. Stable? Yes, because it's up-to-date as can be immediately upon installation. Secure? Yes, because of these past two reasons, but still risks long term.
P2P-"pure": Clean? Yes, because it's verified retail. Stable? Possibly, but you'd still need to download a heck of a lot of updates [possibly gbytes?] to match BIE stability. Secure? Possibly: lack of updates means for security holes for a while, but you can sleep easy knowing there's no malware isntalled upon installation, with the same long-term risks.

Result: It depends how much you trust The Scene for cracked software and games, and specifically BIE in this case. On the long term, you face just as many security risks though from dling pirated software of all kinds. At the end of both installations [of a BIE, an da "pure"], the end result will be a fully working Windows realeas, but if you [reader] maintain the principle that BIE is untrustworthy because you don't know what The Scene coders put in there, you'll be hard pressed to find any other form of secure pirated software around.

Conclusion: Grab a "pure" rls if you're both paranoid about immediate security, and ignorant about it in the long run [think you'll never, ever, ever, ever get a virus?], and given you can spare the time and bandwidth for a lot of updates. Grab BIE if you want to save yourself some time, bandwidth, and have come to the realisation that regardless of whether or not BIE code malware into their releases [which the processes of standards and enforcement of them dictate has not yet occured], you still stand just as much chance at getting the same malware from elsewhere in future.

*Note, if OP doesn't want to DL "executables" he shouldn't be wanting to run Windows. Fact: the crack for both BIE [164 kbyte] and "Pure"[3.5mbytes] releases, are executables. Although he may never have wanted the releases for piracy purposes, both BIE and "pure" meet his requirements, but to varying extents, and whether you run a genuine or pirated OS does not dictate by itself the amount of cleanliness, security and stability in the long term.

kukushka
06-30-2011, 04:16 PM
yeah, that's why i try to stay away from all those loaders... better to have the system as legit as possible. so for me the way is to get smth like "MICROSOFT WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE +SP1 X64/X86 RTM (UNTOUCHED) +Loader included [AH]" from IPT and then to perform a bios mod trick..