PDA

View Full Version : [Request] Music BT Site - Lossless!

sidewild
06-29-2011, 04:37 AM
Unfortunately, due to a hard drive crash, I need to replace most of my music. I don't have the time to rip my collection again, or search for any other losses throughout crappy sites. I am into everything from metal/rock to progressive/trance. I am a memeber at TT, so I am covered for most of the electronic music. However, I request an invite to a good, or even better a few good sites for the other stuff (and another good electronic music site, if there is one). I prefer lossless, but can do without if nessessary. I can provide ratios from a few BT sites. I am not sure what the "in" sites are for music right now, but would appreciate some help!

Thanks in advance.. .

n00bz0r
06-29-2011, 04:40 AM
try rutracker.org

Its one of the best sites out there.
Use Chrome as it supports auto translation from RU -> EN.

sidewild
06-29-2011, 01:49 PM
Thanks a lot. Signed up and looking into it. Hopefully I can find everything there. A bit of a pain to weed through.. .

whatcdfan
06-29-2011, 03:42 PM
Thanks a lot. Signed up and looking into it. Hopefully I can find everything there. A bit of a pain to weed through.. .

Three years and Rutracker is still my no 1 source for lossless music.

You could also try the DDL sources for electronic lossless music such as Avaxhome and Israbox.

anon
06-29-2011, 05:11 PM
In addition to RuTracker, which is indeed a great place, check this (http://www.whatinterviewprep.com/) out if you aren't a member of What.cd already. Your country isn't banned from the interview as far as I know, and they also have a ton of lossless music.

whatcdfan
06-29-2011, 05:17 PM
In addition to RuTracker, which is indeed a great place, check this (http://www.whatinterviewprep.com/) out if you aren't a member of What.cd already. Your country isn't banned from the interview as far as I know, and they also have a ton of lossless music.

More then 200,000 FLAC torrents but to download a whole collection of music would require some serious ratio making effort, that would take weeks if not months, better off to Rutracker or DDL sources. In addition to that, Russian oriented websites and blogs have got pretty much every album in the world, you just got to know hoe to search it.

anon
06-29-2011, 05:33 PM
More then 200,000 FLAC torrents but to download a whole collection of music would require some serious ratio making effort, that would take weeks if not months

True, although according his speedtest he's got a fast pipe, so the ratio-keeping "job" may be somewhat easier. Also, if you only use What.cd for stuff you can't find in the numerous other sites, you may not even hit the 20GB barrier, depending on your downloading habits.

Evelyn
06-29-2011, 07:46 PM
True, although according his speedtest he's got a fast pipe, so the ratio-keeping "job" may be somewhat easier. Also, if you only use What.cd for stuff you can't find in the numerous other sites, you may not even hit the 20GB barrier, depending on your downloading habits.
those massive speed is useless in what, what you need is pure LUCK.
see this real life situation:- I downloaded a torrent which has 7 seeds & 300+ leachers but not even a single kb was uploaded from my side, but on the other hand, i downloaded a torrent which has 1 seeder and 7 lecher and i uploaded at a ratio of 5 :P .
so you need a little forecasting abilities & pure luck to build up you ratio.

anon
06-29-2011, 07:59 PM
see this real life situation:- I downloaded a torrent which has 7 seeds & 300+ leachers but not even a single kb was uploaded from my side, but on the other hand, i downloaded a torrent which has 1 seeder and 7 lecher and i uploaded at a ratio of 5 :P .

Those "leechers" can actually be partial seeders - people who chose not to get the whole torrent and are no longer downloading anything, but show up as such because technically aren't seeders. That's why the Rosetta Stone pack is a bitch.

A higher upload speed should enable you to upload more on freeleech and staff pick torrents, however.

n00bz0r
06-30-2011, 12:37 AM
those massive speed is useless in what, what you need is pure LUCK.
so you need a little forecasting abilities & pure luck to build up you ratio.

BT protocol connects the downloader to the fastest available peers. Besides, S korean peering is pretty damn good. The other Koreans I know on What.CD and other sites usually have insane buffers without having to use any seedbox and sticking to their home connections.
Am quite sure luck doesnt play that big a role ;)

mjmacky
06-30-2011, 12:44 AM
Those "leechers" can actually be partial seeders - people who chose not to get the whole torrent and are no longer downloading anything, but show up as such because technically aren't seeders

I hate when people pack their torrents that way on sites where seeding is a factor. All those damn pictures and samples, just so messy.

anon
06-30-2011, 01:17 AM
uTorrent part files are messier, with their random filenames and all that. I'd often download all the files in a torrent, including junk I didn't want, just so that a part file wasn't created. :lol:

Also, due to the way most trackers work, a fully completed torrent gives you slightly better chances of uploading data - the tracker will only deliver IPs of users who aren't at 100% if you are.

mjmacky
06-30-2011, 03:00 AM
Thus my original point, please no needless files is my anthem...
right, right, am I right people, high 5

whatcdfan
06-30-2011, 04:10 AM
Thus my original point, please no needless files is my anthem...

Actually it helps a lot, having 600dpi cover set some times equates to 1/4th of the torrent (lossless audio) size, so uploader gets the extra buffer.
Also having cover sets, EAC/XLD, CUE logs, frequency spectrum snips, audio analyzer report speaks for the genuine and quality of the release thus attracts more leechers.

anon
06-30-2011, 05:50 PM

\o

Also having cover sets, EAC/XLD, CUE logs, frequency spectrum snips, audio analyzer report speaks for the genuine and quality of the release thus attracts more leechers.

The spectral graphs should be lossless too (give me PNG or give me death), and about the size of an SHV resolution video, so that we can make sure everything is as it should.

sidewild
07-01-2011, 03:52 PM
Cheers Guys! I'm going to look into the rest of those sites. Right now actually.. .