PDA

View Full Version : [Request] fsc please :)

sheriff 01
06-30-2011, 11:24 PM
Why cant a fine samaritan such as myself gain access to such an elusive club? I think maybe alot of politics are involved and certain individuals pride may have gotten in the way. Anyhow Sear if your listening and i know you are, lets let the past die and start off on a more positive note shall we. I would like nothing more than for us to hold hands and to march off into the sunset :)

megabyteme
06-30-2011, 11:34 PM
Why cant a fine samaritan such as myself gain access to such an elusive club? I think maybe alot of politics are involved and certain individuals pride may have gotten in the way. Anyhow Sear if your listening and i know you are, lets let the past die and start off on a more positive note shall we. I would like nothing more than for us to hold hands and to march off into the sunset :)

Accusing a well-known, and respected member of the site you are requesting of keeping you out due to "politics and pride" will not get you far, at all.

On a side note, no one has heard from Sear in several months.

Not against you joining, but this is a really misguided approach.

sheriff 01
06-30-2011, 11:44 PM
So a more guided approach would be to tell a bunch of lies and fairytales so my chances would then be better? I speak the truth here and i come in peace, not to start a war-lol

Quarterquack
07-01-2011, 12:00 AM
Seriously? I had promised myself I would avoid threads about requests with a ten foot pole, but this just takes it to a whole other level. Are you insinuating that anyone who got into FSC without opening a thread to be butchered here told lies and fairytales? You weren't asked to be dishonest, so don't jump the moral highground. You were just told you're being rather forward.

megabyteme
07-01-2011, 12:16 AM
So a more guided approach would be to tell a bunch of lies and fairytales so my chances would then be better? I speak the truth here and i come in peace, not to start a war-lol

You've had several months in which you could have, without intent of gain, made peace (apologized) with Sear. Instead, you create this public thread insinuating that if he does not invite you, he is being political, or petty.

Now, who is being political here? :ermm:

Cabalo
07-01-2011, 01:05 AM
Hey Sheriff! What's up?

Long time no see.

sheriff 01
07-01-2011, 01:16 AM
Hey Sheriff! What's up?

Long time no see.

I know its been forever man, I have been busy working 80 hr weeks, buying a house and putting on another 20 pounds of muscle :) You ever need an enforcer in real life just give me a shout-lol

n00bz0r
07-01-2011, 01:19 AM
It is once again time for me to try the application process to a certain tracker which has eluded me for quite some time now. All the long time members here know which one im referring to. In the past certain individuals overextended themselves for me but in the end because of certain personal conflict i was unable to get in. That conflict is now no longer prevalent and would like another oppurtunity :) If any respected members at this tracker would like to help me out i would greatly appreciate it.

You tried a bunch of times to get into FSC already, without any positive outcome.
What makes you think that's going to change when the staff member(s) have clearly said NO?
Are you really that naive? Get a life. There is a lot more to it than a bunch of BT sites to get the same free stuff from.

Peace

Cabalo
07-01-2011, 01:24 AM
I have sheriff as one of the good guys in my book. What went wrong with his previous requests, as I can't be bothered to dig up that info.

th0r
07-01-2011, 01:25 AM
There is a lot more to it than a bunch of BT sites to get the same free stuff from.

but, but . . . they have clubs there that are all exclusive 'n' stuff!

megabyteme
07-01-2011, 01:30 AM
I have sheriff as one of the good guys in my book. What went wrong with his previous requests, as I can't be bothered to dig up that info.

I do, too. However, this thread isn't the right way to go about getting in.

sheriff 01
07-01-2011, 01:37 AM
The first time my application was declined on the site with no answer being given but was told i could retry again at a later date. I then waited quite awhile and proceeded with a 2nd application only this time it was rejected based on assumptions that i was harassing site members for them to get me in there. At no point was i harassing anybody, i simply had some friends who wished to help me with the application process. This whole ordeal basically is a sad state of affairs and an error in judgement was made by site staff based on misinformation.

Cabalo
07-01-2011, 02:01 AM

It isn't? So what should he do instead? Wait in a corner for someone to remember about him? Ask people via PM?

As far as I know, there's no perfect way to ask for a tracker, otherwise everyone would ask the same way.

megabyteme
07-01-2011, 02:08 AM
It isn't? So what should he do instead? Wait in a corner for someone to remember about him? Ask people via PM?

As far as I know, there's no perfect way to ask for a tracker, otherwise everyone would ask the same way.

If he had asked without bringing up his "exclusion", and "politics", it would have been different.

That said, I'll just wish him luck.

Quarterquack
07-01-2011, 02:22 AM
The history is clearly lost on me, and I'm pretty sure Sheriff does not enjoy the mongering that goes on around here as he seems to just want to go about his state of affairs. However, I will side with mbm again, on this. This isn't how you do it. If you really want "in", I don't think the FSC staff (as reasonable as I hear they are) would mind you popping into their help channel for a little friendly chat, even if not for an invite but just for a quick rundown of "he said-she said".

Then again, at the end of the day, why care? Investing yourself, especially if it's taunting you this long after the ordeal was "done" in some people's eyes is just going to wear you down. Especially if you're always on the defensive. There are much more worthwhile things to pursue than what you already have.

IdolEyes787
07-01-2011, 02:23 AM
There is a lot more to it than a bunch of BT sites to get the same free stuff from.

but, but . . . they have clubs there that are all exclusive 'n' stuff!

There not really clubs you know.:mellow: FST could rename the movie and TV section THE MOVIE CLUB and it would make as much sense.

kallieb
07-01-2011, 02:41 AM
The first time my application was declined on the site with no answer being given but was told i could retry again at a later date. I then waited quite awhile and proceeded with a 2nd application only this time it was rejected based on assumptions that i was harassing site members for them to get me in there. At no point was i harassing anybody, i simply had some friends who wished to help me with the application process. This whole ordeal basically is a sad state of affairs and an error in judgement was made by site staff based on misinformation.

If the reason why you didn't get an invite was a staff decision, the best way to re-visit your request is to head over to the support channel on irc and speak your case to which ever staffer is available at the time. I suggest this because this thread will probably turn into a train wreck any time now and if its an answer you seek, you likely won't see myself or any other staffer posting details here.

Evelyn
07-01-2011, 02:59 AM
time to call mjmacky with all his graphs and tools to rescue this thread

sheriff 01
07-01-2011, 03:12 AM
The history is clearly lost on me, and I'm pretty sure Sheriff does not enjoy the mongering that goes on around here as he seems to just want to go about his state of affairs. However, I will side with mbm again, on this. This isn't how you do it. If you really want "in", I don't think the FSC staff (as reasonable as I hear they are) would mind you popping into their help channel for a little friendly chat, even if not for an invite but just for a quick rundown of "he said-she said".

Then again, at the end of the day, why care? Investing yourself, especially if it's taunting you this long after the ordeal was "done" in some people's eyes is just going to wear you down. Especially if you're always on the defensive. There are much more worthwhile things to pursue than what you already have.

I have not spent vast amounts of time with this pursuit. I have a very busy real life and yes i do realize there are other worthwhile things to pursue, that is why i have achieved success in my real life. From time to time whenever i have a spare moment i enjoy conversing with my friends that i have made in the bt world and i just felt the need to revisit this request. I would love the ability to clear things up with them via the support channel but i figured that might be construed as inappropriate. If any staff member is viewing this thread can they please give me the ok to enter the irc channel. Could you please pm me the irc details too. ty :)

Quarterquack
07-01-2011, 03:23 AM
If any staff member is viewing this thread can they please give me the ok to enter the irc channel. Could you please pm me the irc details too. ty :)

I believe kallieb is staff there and (s)he gave you the green light. And as for the irc:

FSC -
irc.xevion.net
#FSC-Support

sheriff 01
07-01-2011, 03:27 AM
I believe kallieb is staff there and (s)he gave you the green light. And as for the irc:

FSC -
irc.xevion.net
#FSC-Support

Ok, many thanks :) I will close the thread now as i feel it would be unneccesary to continue.

I am in support right now but i don't see kalieb there, hopefully someone can help me though.