PDA

View Full Version : best community...?

Swepsycho
07-03-2011, 01:58 PM
wat tracker u think have best community now..? also say why... :)

sheriff 01
07-03-2011, 03:08 PM
A tracker is what you make of it yourself personally. If you become involved then you will feel it has a good community. My advice would be to start participating at a tracker where you conduct most of your downloads. Start posting in the forums of that tracker and make friends there. Even step into the irc if they have that there and make some friends that way :)

IdolEyes787
07-03-2011, 03:27 PM

What tracker.
On a more serious note , What sheriff 01 said.I would also add it's also totally subjective , unrelated to activity or topics but simply as to where you fit in best.
So basically anyplace.

Wat?

sheriff 01
07-03-2011, 03:30 PM
Idol have you mistaken me for kingeater cause i dont see his post in here yet, is just me-lol

IdolEyes787
07-03-2011, 03:44 PM
I don't know what you are talking about. Please pay more attention in the future.

sheriff 01
07-03-2011, 03:52 PM
My badd, i will definately pay more attention in the future or i will face perm ban :sadwalk::shutup:

whatcdfan
07-03-2011, 04:36 PM

FST, it can't get any better then that.

Anon told me there's also a hidden tracker somewhere inside here

n00bz0r
07-03-2011, 04:42 PM
Ignoring the OP's post and answering to the question (the thread title/topic)..
The best community is one where you fit in without trying too hard to fit into..go figure.

kthxbai

anon
07-03-2011, 05:29 PM

According the invite section, any one whose name begins with an F.

Spoiler

Hey, edit that out! There's a strong no-publicity rule and I don't want to lose my account. :ermm:

megabyteme
07-03-2011, 06:32 PM
The one with the most spam, and trolls. So, FST.

Evelyn
07-03-2011, 06:43 PM
The one with the most spam, and trolls. So, FST.
+1

ca_aok
07-03-2011, 07:18 PM
TTC, of course.

A13
07-03-2011, 08:48 PM
Are you sure it's not **************? I heard its community is so exclusive, l33t, and bestest ever, that mentioning just a letter might explode my keyboard and cause the Earth to implode....

DeadPoet
07-03-2011, 09:37 PM
Are you sure it's not **************? I heard its community is so exclusive, l33t, and bestest ever, that mentioning just a letter might explode my keyboard and cause the Earth to implode....

Secret doesn't mean it's good you know.

ca_aok
07-03-2011, 09:45 PM
I don't think you've been torrenting for long enough :noes:

A13
07-03-2011, 09:46 PM

A large number of people in this world think otherwise. Or at least, from my experience looking at many requests from individuals for those trackers with relatively small userbases and content, but unproportional fame and "value."

DeadPoet
07-03-2011, 09:50 PM

I think it's more like a "I've been torrenting long enough to finally understand that" case.

A large number of people in this world think otherwise.

Majority of peoples are idiots so I'd rather be minority.

A13
07-03-2011, 09:54 PM

I think it's more like a "I've been torrenting long enough to finally understand that" case.

A large number of people in this world think otherwise.

Majority of peoples are idiots so I'd rather be minority.

Fair points to both. My comment with the asterisks is full of sarcasm btw... I was just pointing out a misconception that is shared by many people who talk about the word "community" in the BT world.

DeadPoet
07-03-2011, 09:57 PM
My comment with the asterisks is full of sarcasm btw...

Yea I saw that, just wanted to brake this post-the-highest-level-tracker-out-there combo. :P

ca_aok
07-03-2011, 10:06 PM
If it's not at least level 11, it's not worth joining.

DeadPoet
07-03-2011, 10:12 PM
If it's not at least level 11, it's not worth joining.

If it's not FLAC it's not worth listening, if it's not HD it's not worth watching, eather... :naughty:

anon
07-03-2011, 10:21 PM
9 is the new 10. Does that mean 10 is the new 11?

ca_aok
07-03-2011, 10:37 PM
If it's not FLAC it's not worth listening, if it's not HD it's not worth watching, eather... :naughty:
Both facts. You should talk to IdolEyes about how anything below 1080p is an unwatchable blemish on the face of the film industry.

IdolEyes787
07-03-2011, 10:47 PM
I progressed even further so that now nothing that isn't in 3D is also beneath me.
Yogi Bear has now taken over from Citizen Kane as my top movie ever.
I laughed.I cried .I got a migraine.

Artemis
07-04-2011, 01:56 AM
I progressed even further so that now nothing that isn't in 3D is also beneath me.
Yogi Bear has now taken over from Citizen Kane as my top movie ever.
I laughed.I cried .I got a migraine.

You weren't firing a ramset nail gun into your head at the same time by any chance ?

The_Martinator
07-04-2011, 06:37 AM
It's all bout the fake login page, bro!

Patryk24
07-04-2011, 12:21 PM
I'd go with the BTN and PT. However, I was also told that FTN got one of the best community.

LazyGuy
07-04-2011, 02:05 PM
I'd go with the BTN and PT. However, I was also told that FTN got one of the best community.
community eh?
Demonoid has been a good community to me
some of the uploaders and rippers are super helpful

Disme
07-04-2011, 02:46 PM
I think I have a great community ... plenty of kids that are the same age as mine, so they have a ton of kids to play with and a bunch of parents that are about my age and always willing to organise a dinner-party, a barbeque or just a casual drink.
Not too much noise after 10 PM and before 8 AM. Your avarage residential neighbourhood/community.

Living near the community's centre and thus being able to get your bread, meat and other groceries on foot/bike and far enough to hear birds sing, cows, sheep, chicken and cocks in the morning.

All in all it could have been a lot worse.

:cool:

ca_aok
07-04-2011, 03:04 PM
I think I have a great community ... plenty of kids that are the same age as mine, so they have a ton of kids to play with and a bunch of parents that are about my age and always willing to organise a dinner-party, a barbeque or just a casual drink.
Not too much noise after 10 PM and before 8 AM. Your avarage residential neighbourhood/community.

Living near the community's centre and thus being able to get your bread, meat and other groceries on foot/bike and far enough to hear birds sing, cows, sheep, chicken and cocks in the morning.

All in all it could have been a lot worse.

:cool:
What level is it?

Disme
07-04-2011, 03:15 PM
It's level 1760 ... but you'd only know what that meant if you were part of it ... the French call it "Hors categorie", being Candidian you understand that, right?

InTheBasement
07-04-2011, 03:15 PM
And the pre-times? Pre-times + community I gotta get an invite..

ca_aok
07-04-2011, 03:31 PM
It's level 1760 ... but you'd only know what that meant if you were part of it ... the French call it "Hors categorie", being Candidian you understand that, right?
I can trade you a invite to TPB if you want to hook me up.

Though if it's Quebeckian I feel like that'd be a significant point deduction.

IdolEyes787
07-04-2011, 04:03 PM

Disme
07-04-2011, 04:14 PM
Woilà ... Idol got it!

BTW. What did you think of P. Gilbert ?

IdolEyes787
07-04-2011, 04:40 PM
Amazing talent .If he doesn't suffer any bad luck I would be surprised if he didn't win tomorrow on top of Mur-de-Bretagne. I think the only one able to match his acceleration on a climb like that might be Contador himself and Contador's far too timid to likely be positioned correctly when the shit hits the fan.
Anyway and no ass kissing involved here but simple fact is that Belgian cyclists are the toughest, many coming from less than privileged backgrounds and having to fight their way up over some of the most competitive fields in the world and over some of the most unforgiving terrain, not to mention harshest conditions.
There are no gifts in Belgian racing and anything won is well earned.

cinephilia
07-04-2011, 04:48 PM
what about christophe moreau... or... mmmmh... richard virenque :unsure:

IdolEyes787
07-04-2011, 07:09 PM
Sure if this is the past. So in that case I'd go with Charly Mottet .I always liked him.

flatlinerz
07-05-2011, 02:10 AM
IPT there great....they have a lot of stuff thats not on other trackers

giddy7
07-10-2011, 05:57 PM
for now demonoid and zamunda is great

n00bz0r
07-11-2011, 01:00 AM
I always had a thing for mininova :yes:

VinX
07-11-2011, 01:22 PM

http://www.hjo3.net/orly/gal1/orly_bush.jpg

anon
07-11-2011, 03:27 PM

I heard so do Oleg and the HDBits staff...

Disme
07-11-2011, 05:33 PM

http://www.hjo3.net/orly/gal1/orly_bush.jpg

I don't think so ... you're one of the cool kids now :rolleyes:

kadrykov
07-12-2011, 09:31 AM
Hdbits and FSC.

swas1980
07-12-2011, 10:12 AM
mininova and eztv :)

njuubie
07-12-2011, 07:04 PM
Community schommunity ... who cares about community? Would a forum with threads a la 'how many fingers do you have?', 'what's your favourite toilet paper brand?' make a community of any sort? TORRENT trackers are for your audio, video etc. needs. Seek for community in your real, PHYSICAL life.

Hereby I feel compelled to say that FSC is a crappy tracker. It must have the worst design I have ever laid my eyes on - was the "designer" inspired by fresh vomit? I'm not even going to start by saying how ridiculously bad it is content-wise. Almost exclusively bad quality formats and 1 peer per every torrent. Is that site even alive? The last slightly entertaining or informative forum post was made in 2005. No wonder that every other thread in these forums is titled 'HAVE FSC, NEED XXX' - it's a piece of shit tracker and people want something with actual value.

DeadPoet
07-12-2011, 08:19 PM
Cool story bro.

swas1980
07-12-2011, 08:40 PM
Community schommunity ... who cares about community? Would a forum with threads a la 'how many fingers do you have?', 'what's your favourite toilet paper brand?' make a community of any sort? TORRENT trackers are for your audio, video etc. needs. Seek for community in your real, PHYSICAL life.

Hereby I feel compelled to say that FSC is a crappy tracker. It must have the worst design I have ever laid my eyes on - was the "designer" inspired by fresh vomit? I'm not even going to start by saying how ridiculously bad it is content-wise. Almost exclusively bad quality formats and 1 peer per every torrent. Is that site even alive? The last slightly entertaining or informative forum post was made in 2005. No wonder that every other thread in these forums is titled 'HAVE FSC, NEED XXX' - it's a piece of shit tracker and people want something with actual value.

Did your application get rejected or the staff banned you from fsc ? :P

The day he rejoins/gets in fsc, he is most likely to change his words.Better luck next time.

njuubie
07-12-2011, 08:48 PM
No, I generally tend to not be an active member on sites that have absolutely no practical value. FSC is certainly one of them. I'm being one of the few objective people on FST. It is a worthless tracker that does not have absolutely anything to offer.

If you do not agree with me, please explain what's the use of a torrent tracker that:

- has a poor selection of material with crappy speeds (the number of peers is ridiculously low);
- has its server located somewhere in a 3rd world country in Oceania, so it takes 30 minutes to load the main page on fiber;
- has a layout that makes even the strongest faint;
- (to make all the "community" fans happy) has no posts on the forums, or at least no posts that could be described as informative, interesting or entertaining.

I'm better off on sites that offer me maximum content of the highest quality with the best speeds. I don't find it reasonableä to dwell on trackers that have no value of any sort.

IdolEyes787
07-12-2011, 09:01 PM
- (to make all the "community" fans happy) has no posts on the forums, or at least no posts that could be described as informative, interesting or entertaining.

That's not true I wrote some good shit.:angry:
Also objective is a word that would have a lot more force behind it if you posted under the same username here as you do elsewhere.:mellow:

Night0wl
07-13-2011, 02:16 AM
I downloaded one of those 1 seed torrents from there yesterday kinda expecting crappy speeds, but it maxxed out my downspeed.

1000possibleclaws
07-13-2011, 03:03 AM
I downloaded one of those 1 seed torrents from there yesterday kinda expecting crappy speeds, but it maxxed out my downspeed.

Seedboxes tend to do that when noone else is leeching..

Disme
07-13-2011, 05:44 AM

LOL ... déjà-vue ...

On a side note, think positive bro, maybe you could enlighten us with the names of some trackers that are worth collecting. Where there's a ton of seeds and great speeds and as a bonus the forums are filled with interesting, highly educating topics.

The_Martinator
07-13-2011, 06:05 AM
No, I generally tend to not be an active member on sites that have absolutely no practical value. FSC is certainly one of them. I'm being one of the few objective people on FST..

Yes and hiding behind a new account makes you that, surely.

Since value is so important to you, you probably sold your FSC account, huh?

Anyway, the tracker is not perfect, but there are some good people over there. If speeds are something that you're worried about so much, then you shouldn't stray away from 0day trackers anyway.

ca_aok
07-13-2011, 08:49 AM
Seedboxes tend to do that when noone else is leeching..
Shh.... seedboxes are evil tools designed to steal hard earned upload credit from the average joe. They have no benefit.

anon
07-13-2011, 03:57 PM

I don't know how that could steal anything from anyone.

njuubie
07-13-2011, 09:27 PM

LOL ... déjà-vue ...

On a side note, think positive bro, maybe you could enlighten us with the names of some trackers that are worth collecting. Where there's a ton of seeds and great speeds and as a bonus the forums are filled with interesting, highly educating topics.

HDBits - for HD Video (Movies, TV-Shows), which I almost exclusively watch. Best quality internals possible, always great speeds and torrents with awesome retention rates. Forums are active, so is IRC - but that's secondary.

Waffles/What - for your music pleasure. Self-explanatory. Forums, IRC - great, you ought to know it.

KaraGarga - for movies that aren't available in HD. I'm into European cinema, so it's a must place. Often crappy speeds, but the place is great with lots of content and great people who feel passionate about "forgotten cinema".

-------

That's about it. FSC, FTN, UK-T smell like cow dung compared to mentioned trackers. Also, these trackers are not only for 'collecting', they are for using, since they are just that awesome. Scene trackers blow in general. ScT was awesome even though I never was into scene releases.

IdolEyes787
07-13-2011, 09:45 PM
Aforementioned.

I'm into European cinema..... :glag:
I pose therefore I am.

That1Guy
07-14-2011, 04:25 AM
If you were a member there, I have a feeling it was quite some time ago. There is a pretty good selection of style sheets, some of which are pretty tight (h0mage ftw).

Content?, for the most part it is just the same BS you will find at most trackers and some packs put together by the uploaders which can be pretty sweet. The request section is as good as it gets also. The pre-times are usually pretty good (especially for a small tracker). They do fall off sometimes, because fsc doesn't use any donations for axx or servers unlike some sites out there.

Like previously said, that 1 peer is a seedbox. I feel much safer d/l from a seedbox and sharing with a few peers, than d/l and sharing with whatever i limit my client to connect to.
As far as routing, I personally have not had any problems although I know a lot of people had problems. There has recently been a server change (dont know any details).

As for the last few sentences or your rant, I bet if you use your real account some light would be shed on that....

Edit: Does your usual nick happen to stat with "t"?

njuubie
07-14-2011, 07:10 PM
I don't understand your question. Real account, usual nick?

This is my real account and my first nick on filesharingtalk.com. I tend to not play hide and seek, unlike half of the users here. I am not trading, I have no need to be pretending to be someone I am not to anyone.

That1Guy
07-14-2011, 08:00 PM
I don't understand your question. Real account, usual nick?

This is my real account and my first nick on filesharingtalk.com. I tend to not play hide and seek, unlike half of the users here. I am not trading, I have no need to be pretending to be someone I am not to anyone.

Wow its amazing you realize the way fst is considering you just joined this month. Another words, I call bullshit.

smcewa11
07-15-2011, 03:37 AM
Sch**ost*** has a pretty good community.

n00bz0r
07-15-2011, 03:56 AM
Sch**ost*** has a pretty good community.
No. fa.gs does.

smcewa11
07-15-2011, 04:15 AM
fa.gs sounds like a fake site to me. Pics or gtfo.

Disme
07-15-2011, 09:15 AM
Wow its amazing you realize the way fst is considering you just joined this month. Another words, I call bullshit.

Nope, he speaks the truth!

A13
07-20-2011, 04:02 PM
fa.gs is pretty awesome.

And you would know :D

In all honesty, I've come to like Waffles forum. It has many good serious discussions, and a really relaxed and helpful bunch. I doubt this matters to most here, but I just want to mention it anyway :happy:

a7x
07-20-2011, 05:26 PM
doggy.me