PDA

View Full Version : Happy Birthday 'Merkins!!!

Squeamous
07-04-2011, 10:46 AM
Just to show you there's no ill will or grudges held, I have decided to be the bigger country in all this and forgive you your past transgressions against your motherland. So, have a lovely day, relax, have a little bit to drink and try not to kill anybody abroad.....go on, treat tourself! x

megabyteme
07-04-2011, 12:31 PM
Thanks, Squeamous. Not for the post, but for all this land. :sly:

ziggyjuarez
07-04-2011, 01:18 PM
Time for fireworks.

Squeamous
07-04-2011, 01:47 PM

Oh you've got the American Indians to thank for that, silly! x

clocker
07-04-2011, 02:50 PM
Speaking for all Americans, thank you.
Speaking for myself, I hate the Fourth.

Squeamous
07-04-2011, 06:47 PM
Why?

IdolEyes787
07-04-2011, 07:14 PM
It steals all the limelight from the Fifth.

clocker
07-04-2011, 07:52 PM
Speaking for all Americans, thank you.
Speaking for myself, I hate the Fourth.

Why?
Too many mouthbreathers with explosives (which apparently won't function before midnight), too few who die.
Too much ersatz "America, Fuck Yeah!" patriotism, too little real thought.
Too bloody hot.

megabyteme
07-04-2011, 08:02 PM

Oh you've got the American Indians to thank for that, silly! x

We gave the Indians blankets, beaded necklaces, and alcohol. That should be thanks enough. It's not really our fault they didn't read the fine print, or like the areas where they were "relocated". :idunno:

I don't remember giving the Brits anything but a long boat ride followed by an ass whoopin'.* :01:

*It seems the 4th has a way of bringing out my inner-redneck. :D

Squeamous
07-05-2011, 12:50 AM
Why?
Too many mouthbreathers with explosives (which apparently won't function before midnight), too few who die.
Too much ersatz "America, Fuck Yeah!" patriotism, too little real thought.
Too bloody hot.

I knew it would be some killjoy over-intellectualising bull. I'm with you on the heat though.

We gave the Indians blankets, beaded necklaces, and alcohol. That should be thanks enough. It's not really our fault they didn't read the fine print, or like the areas where they were "relocated". :idunno:

I don't remember giving the Brits anything but a long boat ride followed by an ass whoopin'.* :01:

You were just lucky the French kept us distracted long enough for you to win. David can beat one Goliath, but not a Goliath and his slightly effeminate smaller brother as well.

Artemis
07-05-2011, 01:12 AM

The Germans just relocated people too, in fact the motto on one of their favorite resorts was ' Arbeit Macht Frei '

megabyteme
07-05-2011, 02:08 AM
You were just lucky the French kept us distracted long enough for you to win. David can beat one Goliath, but not a Goliath and his slightly effeminate smaller brother as well.

:lol:

@Art: The difference is, we are the "good guys", don't you know? :D :) :mellow: :( :O

j2k4
07-07-2011, 07:33 PM

The French as Goliath.

Can't wrap my mind around that one, sorry.

Something Else
07-07-2011, 07:44 PM
It steals all the limelight from the Fifth.

I lolled.

Squeamous
07-11-2011, 02:08 PM

The French as Goliath.

Silly Billy, I said the French were the effeminate smaller brother.

j2k4
07-11-2011, 08:53 PM
The French as Goliath.

Silly Billy, I said the French were the effeminate smaller brother.

You would deny me the rhetorical yet highly unfair advantage of my misinterpretation, woman?

Sorry, had to go with that. :)

Squeamous
07-13-2011, 07:05 AM
Sorry sweetie! xx