PDA

View Full Version : [Request] PTN invite

fataka
07-04-2011, 05:42 PM
i really am addicted to movies and have most of movies tracker and still i cant find some movies i love
and i have heared alot about ptn and would really love to be there

IdolEyes787
07-04-2011, 07:13 PM
If you want to request PTN fine but I doubt that there is anything there that you can't find someplace else.
Maybe try Ru.tracker.

1000possibleclaws
07-04-2011, 08:13 PM
try goem, tehconnection, passthepopcorn, demonoid, karagarga, or what idoleyes said. all are much better if you want movies.

Patryk24
07-04-2011, 09:09 PM
Well PTN is quiet a decent tracker when it comes to the movies. However, it's pretty hard to get there now beacuse only donors can invite actually.

1000possibleclaws
07-04-2011, 09:27 PM
If you have shitty sources maybe. But in comparison to other movie/general trackers it is pretty terrible.

fataka
07-04-2011, 09:32 PM
i have access to Ru.tracker ptp cg demonoid and kg and still i need some movies i cant find it is not classic or old movies though some is even 2000-
i would not say no to goem or tehconnection invitaion as well as long as they have movies and mostly is they have movies that cant be found any other place

anon
07-04-2011, 09:57 PM
i have access to Ru.tracker ptp cg demonoid and kg and still i need some movies i cant find it is not classic or old movies though some is even 2000-

Have you given Warez-BB a spin? Most of the movies I download aren't new, but it has yet to disappoint me.

fataka
07-04-2011, 11:00 PM
how do i register there?
is it invite only 2?

anon
07-05-2011, 12:05 AM
Registrations open frequently. Check a few times a day and you'll catch them open.

fataka
07-05-2011, 01:05 AM
ok will do

n00bz0r
07-05-2011, 02:24 AM
If you have shitty sources maybe. But in comparison to other movie/general trackers it is pretty terrible.
Comparing a ratio free site with 4k members to ones that are ratio based with 25k+ members?
Not very prudent of you ;)

Anyway, why the bitterness?
I doubt there is anything on most sites that is 'exclusive'.
PTN provides more or less the same, without the hassle of maintaining a solid ratio and having to put up with announcements, begging for donations every week. I'd say thats pretty cool.

@OP: If you're still interested, send me a PM with a couple of links to your most used sites and an email id.

//Peace

Rart
07-05-2011, 03:58 AM
Comparing a ratio free site with 4k members to ones that are ratio based with 25k+ members?
Not very prudent of you ;)

Seems to make sense to me. :idunno:

You compare sites based on the breadth of content, the retention, the speed at which you can download, etc. which are all directly influenced (and perhaps the most influenced by) the size of the tracker.

Sure, there are parts, such as the points you mentioned, that PTN could potentially be better at, but that doesn't make claws' comparison any less valid (in fact, by making statements in defense of PTN, you yourself are "Comparing a ratio free site with 4k members to ones that are ratio based with 25k+ members").

Anyway, why the bitterness?

It's not "bitterness". You don't have to have a vendetta against a tracker to speak poorly of it. He simply just stated his opinion on what he thought of the tracker.

1000possibleclaws
07-05-2011, 04:17 AM
I'm not really bitter and the site has done nothing against me, but I consistently see PTN management make bad decisions which result in the site being subpar in just about every quantitative way. Being ratio free is not something to brag about when there is next to no seeded content and the existing content downloads much slower than almost any ratio or ratio-less alternative.

I can't think of any meaningful strengths that PTN has in comparison to other easy-to-get bittorrent sources.

fataka
07-05-2011, 05:01 AM
i don't know but i sound some pretty rare movies in a small trackers like cg that i could never found elsewhere and i don't know if users there maybe upload
some exclusive stuff i guess i will never know until i see myself

n00bz0r
07-05-2011, 05:02 AM
Right. Point(s) taken.
There was not a lot I could do a while back to change things, for certain reasons. But there have been some changes, which should have a positive effect on the site in the coming months. We are working on a few things, and that should address most of the issues on site.

Thanks again, for the input/critique. ;)

1000possibleclaws
07-05-2011, 05:27 AM
Hopefully some of the things they are working will take away from the needless complexities, instead of adding on another layer..

n00bz0r
07-05-2011, 05:39 AM
Hopefully some of the things they are working will take away from the needless complexities, instead of adding on another layer to them. Somehow I doubt it, as needless complexities seem to be the foundation to which the site is built upon :P
As surprising as it may seem, I have never been a fan of bells and whistles.
The entire idea of V3 is to simplify the UI, the accompanying complex code, and take it back to its functional and more usable state.
Lets see how it pans out.. ;)

fataka
07-05-2011, 07:13 AM
got invited thx to n00nz0r gr8 guy really please close this thread

cinephilia
07-05-2011, 01:14 PM
i guess i will never know until i see myself
you don't wanna know cause you want to see it yourself. huge difference.

QPD
07-05-2011, 01:42 PM
This thread should be closed now, since OP got his invite.

anon
07-05-2011, 06:23 PM
This thread should be closed now, since OP got his invite.

He's apparently oblivious to the fact he can close it himself if he desires. :ermm:

CleverMan
07-05-2011, 08:18 PM
One thing before closing:

i don't know but i sound some pretty rare movies in a small trackers like cg that i could never found elsewhere and i don't know if users there maybe upload
some exclusive stuff i guess i will never know until i see myself
CG isn't so small if you compare it to other movie trackers, and it's meant to have rarities. PTN isn't and has rather popular movie content. Not that it matters now, but clearing things up won't harm :)