PDA

View Full Version : I would like to put forward a new motion

Squeamous
07-05-2011, 02:41 PM
Don't get excited Proper Bo, not that kind.

I think the word 'spastic' has become slightly over-used. I considered that the bored may be attempting a humorous labouring of the joke, and we may now be embarking on the inter-phase before the joke becomes funny again. I think that may be a little optimistic though, so I'd like to suggest we replace 'spastic' with 'div', until it starts sounding like a word again. This should ensure that we maintain the sense of belonging, status and exclusivity a shared vernacular engenders, without running the risk of sounding like unimaginative mongs with the voculabulary of a child from the 90s.

All in favour say 'aye'.....

Artemis
07-05-2011, 02:57 PM
Aye

I personally will in future try to be more specific in categorising the various nimrods infesting teh boards, labelling them according to their ability to speel, string a coherent sentence together, and just in general prove that the can actually function on anything more than a primal level.

Proper Bo
07-05-2011, 03:00 PM
I think we should start using glebe again. That is all

Squeamous
07-05-2011, 03:07 PM
We could have a sliding scale of retardation? If Spastic is 10, where would 'glebe' be, and what exactly is it? It doesn't sound that funny.

Artemis
07-05-2011, 03:11 PM
We could have a sliding scale of retardation? If Spastic is 10, where would 'glebe' be, and what exactly is it? It doesn't sound that funny.

Where on the sliding scale would J-Dye and his many clones sit, or does he get his own speshal scale ?

megabyteme
07-05-2011, 04:09 PM
"Glebe" has a nice ring to it. Although, admittedly, I've been awake exactly 7 minutes now.

mjmacky
07-05-2011, 09:24 PM
Wait, was there a meeting in the past to promote the use of spastic? It actually never meant anything to me when I've seen it, and other than its use in the condition, "spastic colon", I've never heard anyone use it besides some of you here.

Also, ewww... are you guys and ewe gals forming a diction flock? I'm just going to exclusively start using /r/-tard to be different :emo:

megabyteme
07-05-2011, 10:35 PM
I'm just going to exclusively start using /r/-tard to be different :emo:

/E/litist. :dry:

Quarterquack
07-06-2011, 03:54 AM

I will be sticking to "Artard". Simply to prove my grammatical and lingual dominance over yourself.

Mr. Mulder
07-06-2011, 05:26 AM
We used to have moran because one of the bitplebs couldn't spell moron :dabs:

Artemis
07-06-2011, 05:27 AM

I will be sticking to "Artard". Simply to prove my grammatical and lingual dominance over yourself.

You're going to give me a complex if you go around calling the nimrods 'artards' :blink:

Squeamous
07-06-2011, 10:39 AM
Where on the sliding scale would J-Dye and his many clones sit, or does he get his own speshal scale ?

I'll let you handle that one, I don't know who he is.

Wait, was there a meeting in the past to promote the use of spastic? It actually never meant anything to me when I've seen it, and other than its use in the condition, "spastic colon", I've never heard anyone use it besides some of you here.

Also, ewww... are you guys and ewe gals forming a diction flock? I'm just going to exclusively start using /r/-tard to be different :emo:

I don't personally like the word 'retard' - it just doesn't sound funny. Probably because it came from America. 'Spastic' orginated in England I think, and everybody knows the English swear better than anybody, which is probably why it's become so pervasive on this board. It used to be a legitimate word for people with cerebral palsy. We even used to have a charity here called 'the Spastic Society', but it was changed to 'Scope' in the 90s because children were using the word as a term of endearment.

Artemis
07-06-2011, 11:38 AM
I'll let you handle that one, I don't know who he is.

J-Dye/ Fatbob were the original (now banned) usernames of the spamtard that keeps cropping up and spambombing the lounge with the forum equivalent of logorrhea or word salad, I mentioned J in the fred because one of his pseudonyms (sayonarabitches) cropped up with some random ramblings. But now of course once again he is an unperson because when staff find a J dupe they remove all the posts as well as dropping the banhammer.
He is probably one of the guests reading this and other threads while creating more usernames to randomly spam the board. I just hope he has an unfortunate hang gliding accident in the near future.

Quarterquack
07-06-2011, 03:44 PM
I don't personally like the word 'retard' - it just doesn't sound funny.

Familiarity breeding contempt? :)

Thank you, for that, I needed a good "in" to start talking to you again. I'm not enjoying the lounge for as long as I can't talk to everyone, and it is rather clear your wit is wasted by not responding to my posts. The other posters, especially that Artemis Artard (what's the word for an alliteration of three letters?), just aren't funny.

So I'm extending a hand of friendship, here, to ewe. Sorry for the behavior I exhibited earlier on. You were provocative, I escalated it and neither of us enjoyed it (well, I can only speak for myself, really). So, yes, sorry. You're absolutely entitled to your own opinion of pig and monkey genetics.

However, I have to say, that I'll come out looking like the bigger man if you decide to turn this into a "fuck off you spastic" response. Actually, no wait. I think I'm coming out as the bigger man either way. Wimmin'.

:blink:

megabyteme
07-06-2011, 03:56 PM
'Spastic' orginated in England I think

Note taken. Spastics originated in England. Seems reasonable, now that I think about it. :lol:

*EDIT* Ground-zero in the zombie apocalypse. :fear2:

It used to be a legitimate word for people with cerebral palsy. We even used to have a charity here called 'the Spastic Society', but it was changed to 'Scope' in the 90s because children were using the word as a term of endearment.

That is an interesting, and humorous, footnote. We've killed off "retards/retarded" (even when used non-maliciously) here. :(

Squeamous
07-06-2011, 05:08 PM
Familiarity breeding contempt? :)

Thank you, for that, I needed a good "in" to start talking to you again. I'm not enjoying the lounge for as long as I can't talk to everyone, and it is rather clear your wit is wasted by not responding to my posts. The other posters, especially that Artemis Artard (what's the word for an alliteration of three letters?), just aren't funny.

So I'm extending a hand of friendship, here, to ewe. Sorry for the behavior I exhibited earlier on. You were provocative, I escalated it and neither of us enjoyed it (well, I can only speak for myself, really). So, yes, sorry. You're absolutely entitled to your own opinion of pig and monkey genetics.

However, I have to say, that I'll come out looking like the bigger man if you decide to turn this into a "fuck off you spastic" response. Actually, no wait. I think I'm coming out as the bigger man either way. Wimmin'.

:blink:

I wasn't doing it on purpose, you just haven't said anything since our row that I wanted to respond to. And there's no apology required, honestly: no quarter asked and none given and all that guff. So yes, lets let bygones be bygones....

...and fuck off you spastic

Note taken. Spastics originated in England. Seems reasonable, now that I think about it. :lol:

*EDIT* Ground-zero in the zombie apocalypse. :fear2:

It used to be a legitimate word for people with cerebral palsy. We even used to have a charity here called 'the Spastic Society', but it was changed to 'Scope' in the 90s because children were using the word as a term of endearment.

That is an interesting, and humorous, footnote. We've killed off "retards/retarded" (even when used non-maliciously) here. :(

:P
Makes you wonder doesn't it, what do physically disabled people do when they become zombies? Do they just sit in their wheelchairs hoping a blind person happens to stumble over them, or do they regain their physical faculties? Hmmmm....

megabyteme
07-06-2011, 05:18 PM
Well, it's easy to spot the DD-zombies... they are the ones trying desperately to eat Trains.

:drummer:

Artemis
07-06-2011, 11:40 PM
Well, it's easy to spot the DD-zombies... they are the ones trying desperately to eat Trains.

:drummer:

You do know why it is difficult to roast vegetables ?

It's hard to fit the wheelchairs in the oven.

megabyteme
07-07-2011, 02:57 AM
You do know why it is difficult to roast vegetables ?

It's hard to fit the wheelchairs in the oven.

With their uncontrollable drooling, they are self-basting! :)

mjmacky
07-07-2011, 03:02 AM
I want to defend the word retard, which has come under attack in a number of ways. Its fundamental definition, regardless of the part of speech, relates to slowed development. I think it's quite easy to fit the label of a retard, given the context, especially if the observer is intellectually advanced (thus is oft surrounded by retards). Those with medically developmental problems don't get to own that word, it's not their nigger.

Also, artard is a lot easier to write out than /r/-tard, which is why I couldn't commit to it as an elitist.

Quarterquack
07-07-2011, 05:01 AM
I want to defend the word retard, which has come under attack in a number of ways. Its fundamental definition, regardless of the part of speech, relates to slowed development. I think it's quite easy to fit the label of a retard, given the context, especially if the observer is intellectually advanced (thus is oft surrounded by retards). Those with medically developmental problems don't get to own that word, it's not their nigger.

Also, artard is a lot easier to write out than /r/-tard, which is why I couldn't commit to it as an elitist.

Using your logic words like idiot and imbecile fulfill the quota even better.

mjmacky
07-07-2011, 12:02 PM
Using your logic words like idiot and imbecile fulfill the quota even better.

There are so many to choose from
fulfills requirement + sarcasm = genius (e.g.)

Something Else
07-07-2011, 07:46 PM
I've been waiting for an excuse to dig this up again.

http://lwtc247.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/get-a-brain-morans.jpg

mjmacky
07-07-2011, 09:01 PM
The tea party rallies have given an endless supply of these types of signs

j2k4
07-07-2011, 09:15 PM
I haven't reviewed every word of the thread, but in my humble (:)) opinion, a strategy of naming certain things with an eye to avoiding the homophone/homonym at any and all cost would be socially and culturally rewarding.

CQ1ST
07-11-2011, 07:47 AM
Although I'm abit ova spazmeister, I guess I wouldn't throw a spastic fit if you were to banish the word, but you could at least show us spazbuckets some common decency and offer up an alternate?

@mj: so if tardy speech without tardy thoughts equals a 'tard, then a retard would be one who tards constantly all over the place ryt? I only ask because mainly I'm waiting for the alternative word to come out of either squeamous or a teen/tween nearby

mjmacky
07-11-2011, 08:09 AM
@mj: so if tardy speech without tardy thoughts equals a 'tard, then a retard would be one who tards constantly all over the place ryt?

Spelling right with "ryt" is retarded, does that clear it up?

Squeamous
07-11-2011, 01:20 PM
Although I'm abit ova spazmeister, I guess I wouldn't throw a spastic fit if you were to banish the word, but you could at least show us spazbuckets some common decency and offer up an alternate?

@mj: so if tardy speech without tardy thoughts equals a 'tard, then a retard would be one who tards constantly all over the place ryt? I only ask because mainly I'm waiting for the alternative word to come out of either squeamous or a teen/tween nearby

I don't know, I tried using 'spastic' this weekend and I'm feeling a resurgence of love for it. But I think it should be the whole word: precise and clipped as it sounds it's perfect to convey a short, sharp shock of contempt and superiority. If you contract it or add on suffixes you soften it too much. Does that answer your question spastic?

CQ1ST
07-14-2011, 08:21 AM
saying dumb shit helps

Squeamous
07-14-2011, 12:45 PM
+1

Biggles
07-14-2011, 07:29 PM
The tea party rallies have given an endless supply of these types of signs

I mostly loving this :)

Biggles
07-14-2011, 07:31 PM
Spastic had a wedge of heavy usage in the late 60s early 70s and then seemed to fall by the wayside (probably faulty crutches). I have a preference for bampot myself - perhaps this should be a poll.

CQ1ST
07-15-2011, 02:39 AM
Yeah in school when you notice that your friends are more spastic than the quiet disabled kids the teacher used to define the word, it's going to get heavy rotation 4sure. It's really lasted along time as far as catch-words go, but a "dry" "gay" man gets more flack in my village in this day and age.

Squeamous what is a div?

Squeamous
07-15-2011, 11:53 AM
Yeah in school when you notice that your friends are more spastic than the quiet disabled kids the teacher used to define the word, it going to get heavy rotation 4sure. It's really lasted along time as far as catch-words go, but a "dry" "gay" man gets more flack in my village in this day and age.

Squeamous what is a div?

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=div

Basically a spastic

Biggles
07-16-2011, 04:02 PM
Window licker is good too