PDA

View Full Version : Hardware what is google panda??

davide
07-06-2011, 10:49 AM
please tell me what is google panda?

anon
07-06-2011, 03:40 PM
Apparently, it's an algorithm dedicated to weeding out sites which just copy articles from others, by reducing their PageRank.

Evelyn
07-06-2011, 05:14 PM
Apparently, it's an algorithm dedicated to weeding out sites which just copy articles from others, by reducing their PageRank.
isn't google is trying to obtain superpowers, or at-least pretending to do so.
first censorship in search (now its goggle who decide what is safe for you depending on your geo-tag) and now this panda.
from my point of view, panda just monetizing tool for Google. An invisible AIDS virus which will kill the opponent slowly.

anon
07-06-2011, 06:16 PM
Well, you can always use another search engine.

Now serious, if this algorithm actually works as it should (there have been reports of it "demoting" the original publishers), then it's going to make things more fair for everyone. Nobody likes sites that just copy & paste articles and fill them with ads in an attempt to hoard revenue, I think.

Evelyn
07-06-2011, 06:54 PM
W
if this algorithm actually works as it should (there have been reports of it "demoting" the original publishers), then it's going to make things more fair for everyone. Nobody likes sites that just copy & paste articles and fill them with ads in an attempt to hoard revenue, I think.
what i heard & aired on BBC is that they are intentionally going to rank-up the sites which has loaded with google adds.