PDA

View Full Version : which upcoming tv series are you most anticipating?

Frankthetank1
07-06-2011, 11:39 PM
These are my favorite and i would have to pick entourage out of the three.
Rescue Me
Breaking Bad
Entourage

Microphoner
07-09-2011, 11:51 AM
Breaking Bad ftw!

thebazzla
07-09-2011, 11:04 PM
looking forward to the new series of law and order uk this monday.i was hoping that the new series of true blood was going to be a hit but what i have seen so far its been very disappointing.

dany2294
07-14-2011, 09:26 PM
Merlin,House M.D...

DANNYAU
07-16-2011, 01:56 AM
Breaking Bad and Dexter

SelfMadeMMAn
07-18-2011, 05:28 PM
Sons of Anarchy

Frankthetank1
07-18-2011, 11:18 PM
Sons of Anarchy is not upcoming as far as i know.. unless you heard something??

pone44
07-19-2011, 01:27 AM
Boardwalk Empire,Breaking bad and next summer,Game of Thrones Season 2 "A clash of kings". It's the best series i have seen since The Wire. I was looking forward to True Blood season 4 but it seems to get worse each season. I hope Starz can continue filming Spartacus.The 1st season got better at the end,the beginning was boring and I thought the prequel was terrible.

Busyman
07-19-2011, 01:51 AM
Alphas is pretty good. Falling Skies is looking better.

foxywoxy
07-21-2011, 11:38 PM
Terra Nova, Alcatraz, Person of Interest, all look good.

Dr-AG
07-24-2011, 05:36 PM
The Walking Dead
Rules Of Engagement
South Park(other half of last season)
Family Guy
Cleveland Show
American Dad

Frankthetank1
07-27-2011, 02:39 AM
you have my taste in tv shows. though i have never watched The Wire or true blood.

Boardwalk Empire,Breaking bad and next summer,Game of Thrones Season 2 "A clash of kings". It's the best series i have seen since The Wire. I was looking forward to True Blood season 4 but it seems to get worse each season. I hope Starz can continue filming Spartacus.The 1st season got better at the end,the beginning was boring and I thought the prequel was terrible.

xripper
08-09-2011, 04:20 PM
Penguins of madagascar ;)

pgk008
08-10-2011, 11:26 PM
Game of Thrones and Terra Nova.....all the way

CQ1ST
08-11-2011, 05:58 AM
Game of thrones has got me, bring on season 2!

lali
08-11-2011, 06:29 AM
Game of Thrones

LostFSC-PIN
08-12-2011, 12:06 AM
Californication

halo9176
08-29-2011, 01:00 AM
Doctor who back next week!

bawabher
09-03-2011, 06:34 AM
True Blood,Haven and of course House.

denis05
09-03-2011, 08:14 AM
I'm waiting for next season: Fringe and Chuck

clocker
09-03-2011, 02:24 PM
Archer
Sons of Anarchy
Boardwalk Empire

Next week I'll be celebrating the series finale of Wilfred, which I'm guessing won't be back for a second season.
I think it's doomed (or perhaps, blessed) to become the next Firefly/ Arrested Development- a flash in the pan of brilliance, much appreciated after its demise.

s0mer
09-04-2011, 04:25 PM
Game of Thrones, Dexter, The Mentalist

thebazzla
09-04-2011, 08:32 PM
Game of Thrones, Dexter, The Mentalistgood choices although Game of Thrones is a long way off arriving to our tv set...

IdolEyes787
09-04-2011, 09:44 PM
That Seinfeld clone whatever it's called.

thebazzla
09-06-2011, 01:25 PM
the walking dead season two expected to air on the October 16 just about the time i return from my hols...

j4sander
10-03-2011, 04:06 AM
Walking Dead FTW! Season two starts October 31st again this year I think...

mjmacky
10-03-2011, 04:10 AM
That Seinfeld clone whatever it's called.

Ooh you little sneaky bastard, you slipped this one by me did you? Why don't you rewatch seasons 1 & 2 to hold you over until season 3, seeing that you can't wait.

Walking Dead FTW! Season two starts October 31st again this year I think...

I'm more curious to see how the show feels without its creator and champion at the helm.

IdolEyes787
10-03-2011, 11:45 AM
Ooh you little sneaky bastard, you slipped this one by me did you? Why don't you rewatch seasons 1 & 2 to hold you over until season 3, seeing that you can't wait.

I would cut off not just my pinky but one of my really useful digits to spite you so as a scientist go figure the probability of me actually giving in and watching Louie.
Anyway besides my obvious mental problems I've already seen every episode of Seinfeld so what's the point?

mjmacky
10-03-2011, 04:05 PM
Anyway besides my obvious mental problems I've already seen every episode of Seinfeld so what's the point?

You've never rewatched an episode of Seinfeld?! I thought I remember you saying you have some sort of TV feed, the kind that comes from a cable company with channels and the like. I'd be remiss to not assume you haven't caught repeats on syndication (when you've surely seen the episode 2-5 times before).

Also, I'm not easily spitten, try removing a digit and I'll let you know how I feel.

IdolEyes787
10-03-2011, 04:26 PM
I was going to remove the middle finger on my right hand until I realized I needed that one to communicate.

Also please stop trolling,u fail at it.

mjmacky
10-03-2011, 04:29 PM
I was going to remove the middle finger on my right hand until I realized I needed that one to communicate.

Also please stop trolling,u fail at it.

I guess it would be hard not being able to sign H, K, N/T, P, Q, R, U, V and W.

Startear
10-13-2011, 04:05 PM
House
Dexter
Burn Notice

mjmacky
11-28-2011, 05:19 PM
The state of affairs:

93574 (http://www.phdcomics.com/comics/archive.php?comicid=1452)

Startear
12-01-2011, 10:52 PM
nice one, especially history channel ;)

coxx
12-03-2011, 10:06 PM
24 ...........

mjmacky
12-04-2011, 09:55 AM
24 ...........

Question: Which upcoming TV series are you most anticipating?
coxx's reply: 24
System malfunction

IdolEyes787
12-04-2011, 02:08 PM
Maybe it's a sequel but calling it 25 didn't make a whole lot of sense?

mjmacky
12-04-2011, 03:36 PM
Maybe it's a sequel but calling it 25 didn't make a whole lot of sense?

That's an easy one:
Another 24 Hours

nntpjunkie
12-06-2011, 04:19 PM
Terra Nova and Chuck - alas sad day it's the last season :(

mjmacky
12-06-2011, 04:57 PM
Terra Nova and Chuck - alas sad day it's the last season :(

Sad that both of those are pretty shitty shows.

armandox
12-13-2011, 10:48 PM
Nikita

clocker
12-14-2011, 04:41 AM
Boss
Sons of Anarchy
Boardwalk Empire
Game of Thrones
Archer
Wilfred
Downton Abbey

magicalboy
12-14-2011, 06:53 AM
Game of Thrones

IdolEyes787
12-20-2011, 06:06 PM
House of Lies

Some smart dialogue ,Don Cheadle and Kristen Bell's ass.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJefLYL0zDQ

mjmacky
12-20-2011, 10:06 PM
House of Lies

I don't care for Bell, but Cheadle was acting the shit out of that trailer. It made me want to be viewing it soon.

TheMet
12-21-2011, 12:07 AM
House of Lies

Wow, didn't know about this, should be very interesting

IdolEyes787
01-10-2012, 07:36 PM
Watched the first episode and was pretty good.As it's fiction I found the total amorality to be amusing.I'm not as sure about the frequent breaking of the fourth wall by Cheadle's character.Works for the short run but sustaining it without veering towards annoying might be hard.
Also so he's a hound I get it.I don't really need to be hammered over the head with it.

Busyman
01-10-2012, 10:42 PM
The great about catching a series late is that you can watch back to back episodes and I have been killing....
My #1 show of all time is The Wire. Favorite sci-fi of all time is Babylon 5

Shows I've watched or am watching now

Sons Of Anarchy - watching S1
Breaking Bad - 5th and series finale coming
Secret Circle - The Craft-ish teenybopper show that I'll finish out
Supernatural - always great
Fringe - show made it to S4 when many said it wouldn't after S1
The Closer - S7.5 airing in summer
Rizzoli & Isles - just finished S2
Terra Nova - I liked it
House - still in S8
Haven - just finished S2
Warehouse 13 - just finished S3
Being Human - S2 coming next week
Alphas - finished S1
Revenge - in middle of S1, surprisingly good
American Horror Story - behind on episodes
Criminal Minds - in middle of S7
Homeland - just started
True Blood - S5 coming
Sanctuary - have only seen first episode, S4 is airing now
The Firm - just started
The Walking Dead - second half of S2 coming
It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia - only seen up to part S2, S7 just finished
Dexter - finshed S6
Family Guy - have to catch up big time, show currently in S10
American Dad - same as above, show currently in S7
Futurama - same as above, show currently at S7
Weeds - only saw first seasons, S7 just finished
Justified - finished S1
Body Of Proof - in S2
Unforgettable - in S3
Grimm - in S1
Shameless - S2 just started
Person Of Interest - in S1
CSI - in S12
Ringer - saw first couple eps, S1 just finished.

Should I need to start that I've never seen:

Game Of Thrones
Boardwalk Empire
Boss
Nikita
Vampire Diaries
The Cleveland Show
Louie
Ugly Americans
Once Upon A Time
House Of Lies
Spartacus
Archer
Californication
Hawaii Five-O

New shows I'll give a shot:

The Finder
Alcatraz
Luck
Missing
Napoleon Dynamite
The River
Touch
Unsupervised

IdolEyes787
01-11-2012, 12:25 AM
You seemed to have overlooked Kourtney and Kim Take New York and Louis.

Busyman
01-11-2012, 12:52 AM
You seemed to have overlooked Kourtney and Kim Take New York and Louis.

I couldn't care less for K&K.

IdolEyes787
01-26-2012, 11:56 PM
New shows I'll give a shot:

Touch

I couldn't believe how good the premiere was.I'm basically at the point that any of these" scifi with a hook"shows immediately turn me off but somehow Touch danced around the ludicrous premise and turned it into something involving and human and even a bit touch...ing.
Also Kiefer Sunderland who grated on me no end during the last few seasons of 24 redeems himself nicely as a man whose many failings are only exceeded by his love for his son.A good man but thankfully not a super one.
It is a testament to the quality of the script and the acting that I bought every ridiculous minute.

I can't see how they can sustain it and I pray that they don't resort going the J.J. Abrams shadowy agency route but as for a one-off episode I highly recommend you watch it.

Btw I'm seriously considering giving up on this site .
If I really want to talk to myself I can't rationalize the added effort necessary to post it online.:mellow:

Funkin'
01-27-2012, 03:58 AM

Will never happen.

Anyways I'm looking forward to the Dwight Schrute spin off (http://www.nzherald.co.nz/entertainment/news/article.cfm?c_id=1501119&objectid=10781511) that will be coming in 2013. He'll be leaving The Office to do it. So with him and Michael Scott gone, the show is pretty much done.

Sure, this may go the way of Joey. But I'm hoping it goes down the Frasier path. I'm a fan of the Dwight character.

Artemis
01-27-2012, 05:13 AM
If I really want to talk to myself I can't rationalize the added effort necessary to post it online.:mellow:
People do answer you, it is just the same people you already know, and you tend to ignore them in return, so it is rapidly becoming a vicious circle you have trapped yourself in.
I often find myself talking to myself on this site with posts that go unacknowledged, I seem though to not need validation from spotty teenagers, thus this does not perturb me much.
When I KNOW people are ignoring me on purpose then I simply get out my wax dolls and stick glass in them (which reminds me, you don't have a spare lock of hair you're willing to send my way do you ????).

mjmacky
01-27-2012, 12:26 PM
When I KNOW people are ignoring me on purpose then I simply get out my wax dolls and stick glass in them (which reminds me, you don't have a spare lock of hair you're willing to send my way do you ????).

I'd be willing to stick broken glass into Idol directly if he can't spare a hair.

IdolEyes787
01-27-2012, 12:37 PM
which reminds me, you don't have a spare lock of hair you're willing to send my way do you ????.
Sorry I shaved it all off for the Olympic swim trials.

And I only ignore you because you're like family to me.

I'd be willing to stick broken glass into Idol directly if he can't spare a hair.

I thought I already warned you to shut up or else I'd come over there and do something about it.

mjmacky
01-27-2012, 12:47 PM
I thought I already warned you to shut up or else I'd come over there and do something about it.

I wouldn't mind, it would relieve me of the burden of transporting a box of broken glass.

IdolEyes787
01-27-2012, 12:53 PM
You could always transport a box of unbroken glass and then smash it when you get here.

IdolEyes787
01-28-2012, 12:22 AM
I just watched the first episode of The Finder and it was an utter waste of time. I never for a moment felt that I was watching people,only characters and contrived ones at that.

johhny
01-28-2012, 12:45 AM
just watched "Touch" pilot and i am touched.

the firm waste of my time
alcatraz waste of my time
the finder waste of my time

IdolEyes787
01-28-2012, 01:22 PM
just watched "Touch" pilot and i am touched.

the firm waste of my time
alcatraz waste of my time
the finder waste of my time

Yeah Alcatraz is another one of those shows that has nothing going for it beyond the stupid mythology/big twist factor. At the end of the initial episode when it was "reveled" that the East Asian chick was also from 1960 it was more confirmation of the creator's lack of originality than a shock.

clocker
01-28-2012, 03:48 PM
Preach to the choir, sister.

It occurs however that it's possible you do elicit a multitude of responses but the server is arbitrarily deleting them.
Kind of like having your own personal Mr. Smith, except instead of being an awesomely formidable nemesis, he's just pissily deleting your posts and isolating you from the circle.

No, that's just crazy talk.

IdolEyes787
01-28-2012, 04:52 PM
Preach to the choir, sister.

It occurs however that it's possible you do elicit a multitude of responses but the server is arbitrarily deleting them.
Kind of like having your own personal Mr. Smith, except instead of being an awesomely formidable nemesis, he's just pissily deleting your posts and isolating you from the circle.

Yeah better to just go with I never post anything the tiniest bit response worthy and leave it at that.
Or maybe it merely reflects the transitory and basically predatory nature of most members of this site where their main concern is not to interact beyond the necessary minimum that allows them to get what they really came here for.

Although apparently if I could confine my talk to dubstep or how one encode of a movie eclipses all others and being the discerning teen movie connoisseur that I am therefore is the only way I would ever stoop to watching it that might help.That sort of thing seems to be interesting to a lot of braindead cretins people.

But I digress. I also ironically won't even check as Firm as it's Canadian roots pretty much ensures that it will suck.

Artemis
01-28-2012, 10:29 PM
You know Idol, you are channeling Marvin more and more with each passing eon. :blink:

IdolEyes787
01-28-2012, 10:47 PM
That's rather depressing when you think about it.

Btw Marvin Hamlisch right? I don't want to get my hopes about it being Lee Marvin.

Artemis
01-29-2012, 12:35 PM

Btw Marvin Hamlisch right? I don't want to get my hopes about it being Lee Marvin.

Neither I'm afraid, I'm alluding to Douglas Adams paranoid android...... :blink:

IdolEyes787
01-29-2012, 01:48 PM

Neither I'm afraid, I'm alluding to Douglas Adams paranoid android...... :blink:

Note to self need to add Artemis to the list of people who I have assume take everything at face value.

I really wanted to go with

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9KC7uhMY9s

until I read the note and realized subtlety was pointless.

clocker
01-29-2012, 03:01 PM
Subtlety is never pointless, it is it's own reward.

Now power forward, you subtle sonofabitch.

IdolEyes787
01-29-2012, 04:29 PM
Subtlety is never pointless, it is it's own reward.

Now power forward, you subtle sonofabitch.

I don't really have anything to say to that but I figured if I didn't reply you might get all hissy and threaten to quit or something.

clocker
01-29-2012, 06:00 PM
There will be no threatening.

Artemis
01-29-2012, 11:13 PM
Note to self need to add Artemis to the list of people who I have assume take everything at face value.

I really wanted to go with

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9KC7uhMY9s

until I read the note and realized subtlety was pointless.

I thought your confusion would lean more to Marvin Zelen the Lemuel Shattuck Research Professor of Statistical Science and Member of the Faculty of Arts and Sciences - Department of Biostatistics - Harvard University.....
(You know dad got quite angry at Marvin (Gaye's) whining..... just saying.......).

IdolEyes787
01-30-2012, 09:03 PM
Netflix? :unsure:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/30/arrested-development-new-episodes-cast_n_1241409.html?ref=tv-canada

WHiKWiRE
01-31-2012, 02:58 PM
Netflix? :unsure:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/30/arrested-development-new-episodes-cast_n_1241409.html?ref=tv-canada

Just awesome :D

Snee
01-31-2012, 06:49 PM
Kristen Bell's ass.

The sole reason I watched an entire season of Veronica Mars. True story.

Also, I watch Alcatraz. At some point I'm pretty sure something interesting probably will happen.

Otherwise most recent shows are kind of :dabs:

Watched Terra Nova because the effects are shiny, though, and I'd bought a new projector.

mmadude
01-31-2012, 07:57 PM
new seasons of breaking bad and walking dead!

IdolEyes787
01-31-2012, 08:46 PM
Kristen Bell's ass.

The sole reason I watched an entire season of Veronica Mars. True story.

House of Lies held some promise but the writers don't seem to be going anywhere with it. Instead they seem content to simply reenact the brilliance of Cheadle's pod being able to turn any hopeless situation to their advantage ad naseum.
Sort of like those boring police/medical shows that do the same thing over and over but only here with added greed.

Anyway to save you wasting your time on the show if you haven't already.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eh3_eEx5dLQ

Luck (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1578887/),maybe the next great HBO series. David Milch and supposedly neither Hoffman nor Nolte has ever been better.

arvinder
01-31-2012, 09:31 PM
Looking forward to BSG Blood & Chrome

Funkin'
02-01-2012, 05:32 AM

Isn't Walking Dead starting back up this month?

IdolEyes787
02-01-2012, 12:44 PM

Isn't Walking Dead starting back up this month?http://www.amctv.com/shows/the-walking-dead

Artemis
02-02-2012, 06:36 AM
Out of the recent series that I have been watching, another AMC series is one I have really enjoyed Hell on Wheels, it is also historically quite accurate (at least in the background story), and am looking forward to the second series.

IdolEyes787
02-02-2012, 01:17 PM
Out of the recent series that I have been watching, another AMC series is one I have really enjoyed Hell on Wheels, it is also historically quite accurate (at least in the background story), and am looking forward to the second series.

I liked it as well but most other people don't seem to agree ,even gong so far as citing it and The Walking Dead as clear evidence of AMC's continuing fall from grace.
I have to say that though while I did like a lot of aspects of Hell on Wheels,there were parts that were truly ,mind-blowingly awful.

Funkin'
02-03-2012, 06:29 AM
Isn't Walking Dead starting back up this month?http://www.amctv.com/shows/the-walking-dead

Beautiful. And I'm not talking about the show.

IdolEyes787
02-03-2012, 12:58 PM
http://www.amctv.com/shows/the-walking-dead

Beautiful. And I'm not talking about the show.

So what you're trying to say is that frighteningly mjmacky wasn't the only person that was attracted to the little girl zombie?

Funkin'
02-03-2012, 03:22 PM
So what you're trying to say is that frighteningly mjmacky wasn't the only person that was attracted to the little girl zombie?

I wish she was my girlfriend.

Actually scratch that, if I can ever get rid of my girl I will never go down the couple road again. What I mean is that I wish little zombie girl was someone I could "hang out with" from time to time.

wazza100
02-03-2012, 10:42 PM
awake pilot airs in a week, looks like it has a lot of potential :> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfPVoiQKFvk

darkman2081
03-05-2012, 05:17 PM
alcatraz

IdolEyes787
03-05-2012, 05:59 PM
alcatraz

See definition of anticipating.

notorious911
03-17-2012, 07:31 AM
dexter season 7

Dusty_Bottums
07-01-2012, 06:40 PM
Definitely waiting for Dexter and Breaking Bad. I'm gonna miss Breaking Bad though. This is the last season.

clocker
07-01-2012, 07:06 PM
I'm gonna miss Breaking Bad though. This is the last season.
You're in for quite a disappointment.

Adster
07-02-2012, 02:15 AM
Dexter has gone on to many seasons season 5 was a wasted season that achieved nothing should have been brought forward with the way it ended in season 6. their draging it on to much.

Breaking Bad I can't wait for 2 weeks away

jackwrites
07-02-2012, 08:50 AM
Criminal Minds and Breaking Bad

Busyman
07-04-2012, 06:53 AM
I'm gonna miss Breaking Bad though. This is the last season.
You're in for quite a disappointment.

Explain

clocker
07-04-2012, 10:46 AM
The "final season" is two parts...eight episodes coming up and eight more next summer.

tesco
07-05-2012, 12:35 AM
The "final season" is two parts...eight episodes coming up and eight more next summer.
So 2 more seasons then? :)

Busyman
07-05-2012, 01:00 AM

Oh I knew that. It's not disappointing to get more of the show in it's last hurrah than before.

So 2 more seasons then? :)

Not quite but I see your point.

The Sopranos did something similar doing 12 then 9 episodes (an additional 8 episodes). The Closer is doing the same with 15 episodes last year and the last and additional 6 this year.

mjmacky
07-07-2012, 03:33 AM
I'm already disappointed that Breaking Bad didn't end with the last episode they showed. I would have found it a fitting end, no tweak required.

clocker
07-07-2012, 03:45 AM
Nah, having now really broken, we'll see how bad Walter really is.

Whatever the final story arc will be, I hope they resist the lure of film and don't screw us out of a honest ending just to preserve a character for the movie version.
They could kill off the son anytime though, he's just a ninny.

mjmacky
07-07-2012, 05:22 AM
I was hoping Chevy Chase would come and claim his inheritance now.