PDA

View Full Version : Road trippin cross 'Merica

mjmacky
07-11-2011, 08:48 AM
I started my 7k mile (~11k km) road trip adventure on Friday. Just sitting in a Holiday Inn Express doing my little forum thing trying to help myself fall asleep. I was heading west on US 180 and almost drove into Eager, AZ. Luckily, I was able to avoid it and ducked into Springerville instead, then kept going. My radar detector has managed to spare my wallet about 8 times so far this trip. Anyways, Eager reminded me of that little know-nothing 9's avatar. I actually have a prejudice against the town that I didn't realize until now. It's some little piece of shit town, but I flicked a half-smoked still lit cigarette in its direction as I merged right, while they're under red warning for town auto-ignition, hoping to hear it got burnt down later.
(OK, not really, I'm sure all the crazy people that live there are very nice to other white people).

Anyways, onto Vegas, then US 1, then San Fran tomorrow. I need to get out of this fucking lunatic state quickly tomorrow. fuckin arizona

IdolEyes787
07-11-2011, 11:24 AM
Only in America would they allow you to have something (a radar detector) that's sole purpose is to allow you to break the law. Hopefully they never impinge on your freedom and take that or the assault rifle you use for hunting away.

IdolEyes787
07-11-2011, 11:32 AM
Hi J-dye.

IdolEyes787
07-11-2011, 11:33 AM
Want to know the sad tale of George Reeve?

mjmacky
07-11-2011, 05:16 PM
Only in America would they allow you to have something (a radar detector) that's sole purpose is to allow you to break the law. Hopefully they never impinge on your freedom and take that or the assault rifle you use for hunting away.

Well except for Virginia and D.C. Not a gun fan myself, but we're all pretty clear that speeding tickets are a local government budgeting scheme, right? In some states, state troopers don't actually do any real police work, they just give out speeding tickets on highways which makes them the equivalent of parking services, perhaps a bit more expensive. You know what is illegal and is even better than a radar detector, a jammer. Actually it's still legal in some states I think.

I think the loophole that allows the detectors to remain legal is that they have an emergency service response warning for some municipalities and services that use it. E.g., a firetruck can send out an emergency signal, and the RD will pick it up and let you know there's something going on nearby and to be on the lookout for emergency response vehicles. How the jammers are legal in some states, I don't know.

I can't smoke in some outdoor areas, I have something to complain about. Also, do you really respect all the laws idol?

mjmacky
07-11-2011, 05:17 PM
Want to know the sad tale of George Reeve?

What's that about, the one time the bullet didn't bounce?

IdolEyes787
07-11-2011, 06:35 PM
[QUOTE=IdolEyes787;3595257]

I can't smoke in some outdoor areas, I have something to complain about. Also, do you really respect all the laws idol?

Respect, no.Obey, although can't say I know every law and so am probably lying ,yes.Especially the ones designed to prevent me from maybe causing harm because of my occasional self-serving witlessness.
You're (apparently) a scientist or some such other useless type so do the math.Genuine saving in time that people will make good use of by flagrant speeding divided by increased chance of doing serious harm to small furry creatures,babies, future Nobel prize winners,single mothers,disabled veterans etc equals exactly how truly embarrassed you should be by your arrogant stupidity.

mjmacky
07-13-2011, 06:24 AM
Respect, no.Obey, although can't say I know every law and so am probably lying ,yes.Especially the ones designed to prevent me from maybe causing harm because of my occasional self-serving witlessness.
You're (apparently) a scientist or some such other useless type so do the math.Genuine saving in time that people will make good use of by flagrant speeding divided by increased chance of doing serious harm to small furry creatures,babies, future Nobel prize winners,single mothers,disabled veterans etc equals exactly how truly embarrassed you should be by your arrogant stupidity.

It's not about saving time, it's about what speed I feel comfortable handling the vehicle given the situation. You might not grasp the concept of driving in a completely open space, not having driven through Texas/Kansas/California. Then again, I can only assume based on the deficient perspective you present that you are probably not that great of a driver. If I can comfortably drive 90-100 mph (160 km/h) down a 12 mile stretch of nothingness, well I'm not terribly interested in "obeying" the law just for the sake of obeying it.

That's obviously discounting the instances where I just speed like a fucking nut for the thrill. I'll post a video that will hopefully make your blood boil

mjmacky
07-13-2011, 06:37 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tRXyB-tWZU

Artemis
07-13-2011, 07:41 AM
That's obviously discounting the instances where I just speed like a fucking nut for the thrill. I'll post a video that will hopefully make your blood boil

I hate to rain on your parade but I drive roads like that all the time, and far worse too, some are only gravel, in a 4x4 (SUV for merkins) with a horse float on, with horses in and sometimes even with idiot truck drivers trying to play tag at speed. So sadly there is an utter lack of boiling going on here....

On a side note, I don't have a radar detector (some thieving bastard nicked my last one and I sort of gave up) but I have a GPS with a REALLY annoying warning that I am going over the speedlimit.

clocker
07-13-2011, 12:44 PM
You might not grasp the concept of driving in a completely open space, not having driven through Texas/Kansas/California.
Um, just a note from a semi-impartial observer...
Idol lives in Canadia and I can speak from personal experience that driving across the middle of that country makes driving Texas/Kansas, etc. seem like a jaunt to Taco Bell.
Plus, up there you get the added bonus of the Northern Lights, so night driving (my personal preference) is waaay more interesting.

NotLettingItGo
07-13-2011, 04:01 PM

Where's the one of you driving fast?

IdolEyes787
07-13-2011, 04:08 PM
I once drove from Toronto to Thunder Bay and for a 8 hour stretch never saw another car.

Of course it was mostly at night and I was asleep half the time so I might have missed something.
Fortunately I was awake during the time the large animal bolted out in front of me and I managed to avoid it .Thank God for adrenalin coupled with poor driving skills.

Btw I'm not sure but it might have been a Sasquatch.It was sort of dark so I'm only assuming here.

IdolEyes787
07-13-2011, 04:14 PM
Anyway I rarely drive long distances simply to get from point A to point B as fast as I possibly can so I don't need to break any laws.
Also if you want to get all silly I've always thought that speed limits should be by subject to driving conditions since driving 120kph at night or in a rainstorm or in heavy traffic is obviously a lot different than driving on a sunny day on an open stretch of highway.

mjmacky
07-13-2011, 06:03 PM
I've always thought that speed limits should be by subject to driving conditions

this

mjmacky
07-13-2011, 06:05 PM
Idol lives in Canadia and I can speak from personal experience that driving across the middle of that country makes driving Texas/Kansas, etc. seem like a jaunt to Taco Bell.

You mean there's worse than a vast expanse of vast nothingness? Or was there scenery, just more mileage (kilometerage)

mjmacky
07-13-2011, 06:06 PM

Youtube took it down because you could see the top of your wife's head while she was blowing me. It was flagged as adult content.

IdolEyes787
07-13-2011, 06:11 PM

Youtube took it down because you could see the top of your wife's head while she was blowing me. It was flagged as adult content.

That would be funnier if there was even the tiniest possibility of rejectOfAllah attracting a woman.

IdolEyes787
07-13-2011, 06:20 PM

And now the rest of the story.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrzbgEXGgWg

Btw "left wishing we could have done more" was a lie.

megabyteme
07-13-2011, 06:21 PM
but I have a GPS with a REALLY annoying warning that I am going over the speedlimit.

In Merika, we call those wives.

Quarterquack
07-13-2011, 06:30 PM
You mean there's worse than a vast expanse of vast nothingness? Or was there scenery, just more mileage (kilometerage)

I recently drove 3k km's in two days (I don't do night time driving, had a bad accident one time - someone's bumper came off and it was in the middle of the road, I didn't see it until it was in my headlights and couldn't swerve due to the *cough* speed I was going at, took it head on and controlled the car's spin, however, never again) (was errand boy for a family, practicalement). Ottawa to Niagara, then to New York, back to Ottawa, then to Montreal, off to North Bay, then back to Ottawa. Want to know what's even worse than a vast expanse of nothingness? A vast expanse of nothingness in Canada. US driving is such a relaxing toll on the human brain. Plus there's about ten times the amount of cars. I always fall asleep on Canadian highways. The problem being I can look out of my windshield and see the next 5km's of a rollercoaster highway. And some trees. And every time there's a stop, everything is made of so much fucking wood, I half expect a trucker to walk up to me and ask me if I value my head or my car more.

NotLettingItGo
07-13-2011, 06:32 PM
That would be funnier if there was even the tiniest possibility of rejectOfAllah attracting a woman.

Attracting them is easy... using them fun... discarding them (as I now do) is deliciously ironic :yup:

NotLettingItGo
07-13-2011, 06:33 PM

If you're looking for an apology from me for the crap blowjob, you're out of luck.

NotLettingItGo
07-13-2011, 06:34 PM
In Merika, we call those wives.

In Britain all the sluts think they're entitled to do it.

mjmacky
07-14-2011, 07:10 AM
And now the rest of the story.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrzbgEXGgWg

Btw "left wishing we could have done more" was a lie.

What a fucking terrible driver, he flipped his car doing 80 mph, that's weak. In that position, I wouldn't have raced alongside those bikers who (despite how much pride they have in their biking ability) could easily swerve into the path of travel. Obviously my video would have been WAY more interesting if it included me flipping the car, I have some plans for Montana when I get around to it, so we'll see if I could possibly entertain yous allz.

mjmacky
07-14-2011, 07:11 AM
If you're looking for an apology from me for the crap blowjob, you're out of luck.

Why would good head beget an apology? There's a saying I propagate claiming Irish luck is bad luck, so I'm happy to be out of "luck". However, no need to apologize for the head, I'm sending out gratitude in lieu of payment.

mjmacky
07-14-2011, 07:15 AM
Want to know what's even worse than a vast expanse of nothingness? A vast expanse of nothingness in Canada. US driving is such a relaxing toll on the human brain. Plus there's about ten times the amount of cars. I always fall asleep on Canadian highways

I actually like it when there are less cars on the road when I'm traveling. Now having so few cars on the road locally makes those weary drives a bit humdrum... but that's a different scenario. I actually really enjoy night driving, but the operation hours (e.g. checkout times) of hotels make stopping off a bit too scheduled for my tastes.

NotLettingItGo
07-14-2011, 12:55 PM
Why would good head beget an apology? There's a saying I propagate claiming Irish luck is bad luck, so I'm happy to be out of "luck". However, no need to apologize for the head, I'm sending out gratitude in lieu of payment.

If you'd ever met my wife, you'd never make such an outlandish claim.

NotLettingItGo
07-14-2011, 01:00 PM
In fact if you'd ever met any British woman you'd never make such an outlandish claim. The idea that any British woman is going to give you anything is fucking laughable... British women are only interested in what they can get/take from you.

IdolEyes787
07-14-2011, 04:06 PM
What a fucking terrible driver, he flipped his car doing 80 mph, that's weak. In that position, I wouldn't have raced alongside those bikers who (despite how much pride they have in their biking ability) could easily swerve into the path of travel.

Cyclist.This is a biker.

Also on fast, tricky descents where the advantage of an engine and a beer gut is basically nil any reasonably competent biker cyclist will kick a motorist's ass every time.

mjmacky
07-14-2011, 07:50 PM
Cyclist.This is a biker.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRnxEZJCey4

mjmacky
07-14-2011, 07:51 PM
If you'd ever met my wife, you'd never make such an outlandish claim.

The ugliest ones suck the best

Edit: I heard that's the trend anyway

NotLettingItGo
07-14-2011, 08:05 PM
The ugliest ones suck the best

Edit: I heard that's the trend anyway

I'll have to take your word for that... can't say I've tried an ugly one myself... but no doubt your experience supports your statement.

mjmacky
07-16-2011, 06:36 AM
can't say I've tried an ugly one myself... but no doubt your experience supports your statement.

damn dawg, yo wife won't give you head, ain't that some shit?

NotLettingItGo
07-16-2011, 11:11 AM

A day and a half and that's the best you can come up with? Seriously?

Quarterquack
07-17-2011, 01:40 AM

The blood flow was shorted.

mjmacky
07-22-2011, 05:53 PM

You think I really had all that time? I've been on the road for the most part, trying to shorten up unread posts before I'm knocked out. Anyways, even with more time, I would have used the same approach... as I identify ebonics as the best way to express displeasure in head getting (or lack thereof).

So with more time, you would have gotten something like this:

Daaaamn nigga, u betta tell dat bitch she gon' loose sum teef if she keep holdin' back the becky. Shit, like I'd let my boo e'en play me like dat, you trippin' widdat pussy azz shit

mjmacky
07-22-2011, 06:03 PM
So anyways I'm back. It ended up being a big foodie trip, and I realize that the "cuisine" where I live really fucking sucks. The only other video footage I captured were a bunch of jackasses.

OlegL
07-22-2011, 10:41 PM
OP, I hope you had fun during your trip, even though you hate some western states, such as Arizona.

IdolEyes787
07-22-2011, 10:52 PM
Daaaamn nigga, u betta tell dat bitch she gon' loose sum teef if she keep holdin' back the becky. Shit, like I'd let my boo e'en play me like dat, you trippin' widdat pussy azz shit

White boys only have the courage to use that kind of language when there are no Black people around and they think that they can get away with it.

megabyteme
07-23-2011, 01:08 AM

White boys only have the courage to use that kind of language when there are no Black people around and they think that they can get away with it.

So, you are saying, that Canadians can do it anytime they feel like it.

Lucky bass turds.

megabyteme
07-23-2011, 01:10 AM
BTW, welcome back, Mack! :happy:

What did you eat that was particularly good?

mjmacky
07-23-2011, 11:40 AM

I don't hang out with these "white boy" types you describe. Also, what do you mean by getting away with it?

And if that was too cryptic, I mean to say I don't like making friends with white people. Mostly because they're greedy pussies who don't know how to own their words.

mjmacky
07-23-2011, 11:43 AM
BTW, welcome back, Mack! :happy:

What did you eat that was particularly good?

Yes, Indian Pizza, why is this not a standard thing. It's not the only thing that was good, but it was so fucking good that everything else shouldn't even occupy the same paragraph as it.
The Best Indian Pizza (top of page) (http://transactioncart.net/transactioncart/dpt_str_show.asp?c=280&r=33&f=pizza&d=0)