PDA

View Full Version : The Latest Harry Potter movie: When will a nice version be out?

PastTense
07-15-2011, 05:54 PM
Telesync versions have just started appearing. Any estimates when a nice version will be available?

IdolEyes787
07-15-2011, 06:25 PM
Again I asks the question "What in the name of Cecil B. DeMille does this have to do with movies?"

Although I have heard there is a good version playing at the Odeon 8.:)

iLOVENZB
07-18-2011, 12:20 PM
A nice version will be out shortly after you purchase a ticket at your local cinema. If for some reason you're unable to purchase a ticket and ramble on about that there's going to be people in the cinema and they'll distract you then you can purchase it on BluRay. A date hasn't been announced yet;

http://www.amazon.com/Harry-Potter-Deathly-Hallows-Blu-ray/dp/B001UV4XJ2

Personally complete strangers whispering is less irritating than my flat mates yelling, pushing and walking throughout the film. I was it last week at IMAX while I was in Melbourne. Well worth the effort to at least see the character with more pathetic moustaches than My Boy Jack (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0851430/).

Seriously, what the fucking is this?

SelfMadeMMAn
07-18-2011, 05:26 PM
The new Harry Potter is great. Definitely worth a ticket

Sul
07-20-2011, 07:44 PM

Yes, everything is perfect except the actor of Voldemort and the lack of importance they do to some deaths (in my opinion)

IdolEyes787
07-21-2011, 01:34 AM

Yes, everything is perfect except the actor of Voldemort and the lack of importance they do to some deaths (in my opinion)

I actually thought the movie was pretty terrific. Obviously some things had to be either condensed or entirely left out but as one who isn't deeply into the Harry Potter thing as a simple piece of movie making Deathly Hallows 2 does a lot more right than it does wrong.
It also along the way makes an effort to pause and pay tribute to all that has gone before which was nice in a warm and fuzzy kind of way.

Anyway to those naysayers that lump this in with trash like the Twilight series ,after viewing Deathly Hallows ,I can unequivocally state that for people of a certain age there isn't much better out there.
That and it's unbelievably that no Harry Potter movie has ever been nominated for an Art Direction award.

SelfMadeMMAn
07-22-2011, 05:41 PM
I 100% agree with you Idol

mjmacky
07-22-2011, 06:13 PM
After an agitated and forced sit through of Deathly Hallows 1, I could only say "nice versions" have long been released. The last one I enjoyed was Order of the Phoenix (and even then feeling it was just par).

whatcdfan
07-23-2011, 03:53 PM
Telesync versions have just started appearing. Any estimates when a nice version will be available?

It already has, in the theaters :O

Malachy
07-25-2011, 06:21 AM
I got a nice (albeit camcorder-version) Harry Potter off one of the general sites. Only strange thing was that the audio was in English and the title cards were in Russian.