PDA

View Full Version : Windows Best alternative for ConvertXToDVD ?

stryk
07-20-2011, 02:36 AM
Any suggestions for an alternative for VSO ConvertXToDVD? This was my go-to converting software and I never had a problem with it until they stopped updating version 3.x. I hate v.4 with a passion, mainly because they made it so that the encoding quality setting is picked for you based on the length of the files you're converting. I want mine to be on High (or "best") regardless of how long the movie is. So, this brings me to my question... what are the best programs for converting XViD -> DVD, other than convertx?

Thanks.

foxywoxy
07-22-2011, 08:35 PM
D2mp, Favc, Avi2dvd or Avs2dvd are good choices as alternatives.

aktiv8
07-26-2011, 07:11 PM
Is it really that much of an effort to just change the encoding from "automatic" if you loved v3 OR actually just stick with v3? v3 handles all of the formats I have chucked at it on my old machine (that includes the latest TV and film releases I wish to encode to DVD)

Nucleus
07-26-2011, 08:17 PM
...mainly because they made it so that the encoding quality setting is picked for you based on the length of the files you're converting. I want mine to be on High (or "best") regardless of how long the movie is.

v4.xx "High Quality" = SP (Short Projects) These links may help...

What Encoding Settings For Best Quality Output:
http://forums.vso-software.fr/answers-to-most-of-your-conversion-questions-t11326.html

Understanding CX2D Conversions And How To Get Best Quality:
http://forums.vso-software.fr/understanding-cx2d-conversions-and-how-to-get-best-quality-t13008.html

Didn't read through all that stuff but a short way down that second link it states...

Note: The basic encoding has not changed since the beginning of version 2 although some minor improvements were made along the way. But the names/descriptions of the encoding options were changed in version 4 to reflect better how they should be used. The equivalent names/descriptions are:

SP (Short Projects) in ver 4 = High quality in ver 2 and 3

MP (Medium Projects) in ver 4 = Medium quality in ver 2 and 3

LP (Long Projects) in ver 4 = Low quality in ver 2 and 3