PDA

View Full Version : TorrentLeech beta credit system

IdolEyes787
07-23-2011, 08:57 PM
So after the administrators of TL go to great length "explaining" how participating in the new beta credit system will not cost me anything I clicked on both available links and SURPRISE! both are from dodgy companies that WOT lists as unsafe (thanks WOT).
Seriously I would rather donate to TL for an invite than be spammed within an inch of my life or have my computer infected with malware ,as apparently the second site does.:dabs:

anon
07-23-2011, 09:09 PM
I'm not a member on TL anymore, but this "credit system" they implemented (they get money when you complete surveys, right) was drawn to my attention recently. They'd be complementing donations and ad revenue with that. Apparently server bills are pretty expensive and they have to gather money by all possible means? :ermm:

A part of me doubts they'd stain their reputation like that just to get some bucks, though...

IdolEyes787
07-23-2011, 10:48 PM
You would know a lot more about that than I ,me being internet illiterate and all, but that was sarcasm right?
Otherwise please explain the reputation of which you speak.

Btw it's a good site ,I just don't appreciate being fed to the wolves just so that Johnny can steal Transformers 3 a little more efficiently.

anon
07-23-2011, 11:30 PM
I meant that as you say, they're indeed a good tracker - so making profit from sites which infect their users' computers wouldn't do much for their public image. Therefore, I think WOT may be being a bit alarmist. I don't know the specifics, so I can only speculate.

LazyGuy
07-24-2011, 03:06 AM
I meant that as you say, they're indeed a good tracker - so making profit from sites which infect their users' computers wouldn't do much for their public image. Therefore, I think WOT may be being a bit alarmist. I don't know the specifics, so I can only speculate.
WOT is a community based safe browsing tool
http://www.mywot.com/
its a very nifty addon that i have been using for over 6 months

it depends on users to review or comment or rate a site to form a "general opinion" whether the site is to be "trusted" or not
and displays the General average opinion about the site in form of colors (red=Danger,Yellow=Not Trusted, Green=Okay, white=Not reviewed)

but this system has its trappings too, it depends on users, now users rate a site good or bad based on personal opinion not hard evidence
so a perfectly safe AD-Supported Popup or other petty nuisances will be blocked by wot for being just that "nuisances"

but it still is a pretty nifty tool, everyone should use it :)

@Idoleyes
use adblock plus to block the ADs or you can shift to IPT( no ads more content, more spam :ermm:)
or you can try Filelist :)

anon
07-24-2011, 03:28 AM
FileList opened invites for regular users last week. First time since I became a member there.

Xbox_360
07-24-2011, 04:03 AM
Yeah I don't like it either. You don't have to use it, but if you are wanting an invite and don't have any and don't have money or want to donate then you would have to use it. If you are a power user they give you 1 from time to time. Another thing is going from the 2 surveys I could do which just reward 2-4 points it would take me 50-25 surveys to get 1 invite what a crock. Yes Adblock works a treat on TL and I do like WOT been using it for a while now. But like you say it`s not always 100% correct but if I don`t know the site and it comes up red I will not stay on the page or dare to stay and give it my private data.

a7x
07-24-2011, 09:38 AM
You dont like it, dont take the survey.You dont need that just to get one invite,AFAIK they usually give you 2 invites.My account never short from this amount.

whatcdfan
07-24-2011, 10:34 AM
Are we on TL for Invites or the media? :unsure:

a7x
07-24-2011, 11:46 AM
Then ignore the survey.But no other way to get User Title :cry:
Like i care.

anon
07-24-2011, 05:34 PM
There are people on TL's forums that could see your user title? :unsure:

a7x
07-24-2011, 05:52 PM
It costly and worthless.Agree.

IdolEyes787
07-24-2011, 07:31 PM
If it's costly how can it be worthless?:unsure:

Xbox_360
07-24-2011, 11:59 PM
You dont like it, dont take the survey.You dont need that just to get one invite,AFAIK they usually give you 2 invites.My account never short from this amount.

Like I said power users get invites in my original post. If you do happen to invite lots of friends I doubt they replenish them very quickly unless they changed? I know I don't have to use it, I said that again in my original post I was just saying how many surveys you would need to do to get 1 invite because I think it's too many.

karachidude
07-25-2011, 12:17 AM

it is worthless compared to the even costlier one!!

InTheBasement
07-25-2011, 12:48 PM
And the costliest one is worth less than it costs. I should know, I get paid taking surveys.

a7x
07-25-2011, 07:56 PM

Because no one can see it?