PDA

View Full Version : Is there a BT tracker for web designers?

n00bz0r
07-31-2011, 03:14 AM
Looking for a site (preferably, BT tracker) that allows sharing of resources for designers like Apps, tutorials, Stock photos, brushes, templates etc.
Would appreciate inputs pointing in the right direction.
Thanks

anon
07-31-2011, 04:25 AM
GFXNews and DigitalFotoArt (which many 1-posters can vouch for), maybe?

megabyteme
07-31-2011, 09:37 AM
I sent you a PM, n00bz. :)

bijoy
07-31-2011, 10:39 AM
Template p2p is another site related to designing, but it is more of warez forum rather than a bt tracker (no torrent is there).

n00bz0r
07-31-2011, 02:54 PM
Thanks for the input anon, MBM and bijoy.
I'll definitely check em out :)

LubTheStaringCat
07-31-2011, 04:08 PM
GFXNews: FREE REGISTRATION - CLOSED, Registration will be available from 2/8/2011 till 3/8/2011
Elbitz: Registrations are currently closed. Next Aug 15th

a7x
07-31-2011, 04:53 PM
TemplateP2P really a worth checking. :yup:

megabyteme
07-31-2011, 07:17 PM
Welcome to GFXNews, n00bz! :happy:

Quarterquack
07-31-2011, 10:07 PM
I have the same question but I'm not really looking for invites. I am just looking for information. Since MBM seems to know his stuff: What's GFXNews like? Can I expect decent WYSIWYG programs for Wordpress or PSD to Wordpress converters, or source PSDs for multiple websites, or different templates for commonly used but ass-to-make effects like dividers?

I've been looking for a source to help me kick-start a little project of mine with a friend, but he seems to have orders in the ranges of 3+ orders coming in daily and I can't keep doing both HTML/PHP coding and the designing simultaneously (especially because I'm only a 20-day old PHP student). Basically, anything for a lazy bum who wants to take shortcuts.

LubTheStaringCat
07-31-2011, 11:17 PM
Here's a screenshot of their contents.

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w39/For-cus/GFXnews.jpg

Cabalo
08-01-2011, 12:10 AM
Heroturko and scriptmafia are quite good sites too.

KFlint
08-01-2011, 12:30 AM
Regarding GFX News, I've had a sticky on my desktop for a few weeks now reminding me to register on august 2th.

Looks like a nice site, don't know if I will find a use for it being a member of bitme but I'm curious.

n00bz0r
08-01-2011, 01:15 AM
Just signed up. Thanks MBM.
I quite like the site.. found the vectors and stock brushes I had been looking for (Well seeded too).
Will probably upload some stuff later today to get a decent buffer and then dl em though.

@KFlint, the site is pretty badass in terms of content and forum activity.

clippit
08-01-2011, 02:49 AM
Gfxnews will be available for registration tomorrow :)

megabyteme
08-01-2011, 02:57 AM
I have the same question but I'm not really looking for invites. I am just looking for information. Since MBM seems to know his stuff: What's GFXNews like? Can I expect decent WYSIWYG programs for Wordpress or PSD to Wordpress converters, or source PSDs for multiple websites, or different templates for commonly used but ass-to-make effects like dividers?

I've been looking for a source to help me kick-start a little project of mine with a friend, but he seems to have orders in the ranges of 3+ orders coming in daily and I can't keep doing both HTML/PHP coding and the designing simultaneously (especially because I'm only a 20-day old PHP student). Basically, anything for a lazy bum who wants to take shortcuts.

I know FAR less than I would like to, but take great satisfaction in knowing that I have such a great resource available to me. I'm also very happy to help out my friends- even if it is just to satisfy their curiosities, but I believe you would enjoy the site. PM sent. :)

th0r
08-02-2011, 03:26 AM
Regarding GFX News, I've had a sticky on my desktop for a few weeks now reminding me to register on august 2th.

Looks like a nice site, don't know if I will find a use for it being a member of bitme but I'm curious.depends on whether or not you want to get hands-on w/ what you're doing, imo. bitme just has pdfs/tutorials, whereas gfxnews/templatep2p has more stuff for getting your hands dirty, such as graphics, fonts, scripts, templates, etc.

i've been a member of templatep2p for years and unlike most bitorrent trackers, your account doesn't lapse after a period of inactivity b/c it's built on forum software

a7x
08-02-2011, 04:01 AM
Free registration open now http://forum.gfxnews.org/profile.php?mode=register

swizZ8
08-02-2011, 04:41 AM
Heroturko and scriptmafia are quite good sites too.

Thank you!