PDA

View Full Version : BCG opens up IRC channel for invites

InTheBasement
07-31-2011, 12:12 PM
Now are the usual banned countries uninvited?

Just wanted to create this announcement and inform all of you that we now have a new IRC channel, #Invites! This channel is reserved for staff only and is obviously very new and something we haven't done for a long time but we are openly inviting non-members to join that channel for a possible account. They will have to answer a few questions (nothing drastic) and maybe a question or two about their gaming habits in general but overall we are looking to expand our user-base a bit and get more activity which is obviously a good thing! So if you know anyone who wants an account or has been seeking an account here, or even if they just like playing games and want to join a great community, I invite all of you to let them know about our new IRC channel in hopes of becoming a member!

stoi
07-31-2011, 12:48 PM
Well we will obviously check your IP, but it is on a user per user basis, but if your IP is from a banned country, you may get asked a lot more questions, but yes we are allowing banned countries in, but that doesnt mean you will get in regardless.

Evelyn
07-31-2011, 12:52 PM
Well we will obviously check your IP, but it is on a user per user basis, but if your IP is from a banned country, you may get asked a lot more questions, but yes we are allowing banned countries in, but that doesnt mean you will get in regardless.
great thinking STOI, kudos!!

ElitUser
07-31-2011, 12:53 PM
What is the list of your banned country.
I had a account lost it due to inactivity which I mention earlier post.
So Can I have the account please.
( I am meaning the new invite with new account not the old account )

Evelyn
07-31-2011, 01:08 PM
What is the list of your banned country.
I had a account lost it due to inactivity which I mention earlier post.
So Can I have the account please.
here you go:- http://filesharingtalk.com/threads/381232-Banned-or-Restricted-countries-from-Trackers

stoi
07-31-2011, 01:14 PM
if its been pruned through inactivity its gone, no way to get it back

and list off the top of my head

Egypt, Israel, Romania, Ukraine, Russia

ElitUser
07-31-2011, 01:22 PM
^^^ I was meaning the new invite not the old account which was deleted.
I just edit my previous post, it was miss typo.

And I am not from the ban country list which you mention and the link which is mention by Evelyn :)

stoi
07-31-2011, 01:44 PM
all you can do is try, i cant say you will definately get in or you definately wont, until you try.

and how could i forget Brazil in that list lol

LazyGuy
07-31-2011, 02:37 PM
Its a great news for all the users who want to get in to this tracker
and the content and speeds are the best in this niche IMO ( dont care about Pre-s)
and more activity at a tracker always means good changes

but until a few days ago, BCG had been maintaining a very very small userbase
i would like to know if "opening the doors" has something to do with the server upgrade?
does the maximum userbase a tracker can maintain depend on the power of the server?

a7x
07-31-2011, 03:03 PM
Not interested in gaming, but good luck for your tracker Stoi.

stoi
07-31-2011, 03:05 PM
I am not sure about very very small we do have 40,000 members, but only 10,000 unique peers (even though we have about 150,000 seeders)

I opened up, it didnt work, we had referrals it didnt work, so may as well try this.

its a bit quiet atm, but then it always is in the summer, not a lot of games coming out, but it seems to be more dead than usual.

and its got nothing to do with the server upgrade, new members very rarely donate, think the last time we opened, we got 6,000 new members, 5 donated, and 3 of those as they thought they wouldnt get banned (which i refunded, and they did get banned), (if thts what you meant anyway, reading back i dont think it was)

It is also not going to be 1000`s of new members, only 4-5 staff are doing the interviews, so it will hopefully be a steady stream, but will take awhile to reach any significant figures, but its worth a go.

anon
07-31-2011, 05:30 PM
does the maximum userbase a tracker can maintain depend on the power of the server?

More active users will demand more resources, logically enough. That's why FileList.ro (which is said to have 200000+ users) owns 17 servers.

we got 6,000 new members, 5 donated, and 3 of those as they thought they wouldnt get banned (which i refunded, and they did get banned)

:lol:

bijoy
07-31-2011, 06:57 PM
last time we opened, we got 6,000 new members, 5 donated, and 3 of those as they thought they wouldnt get banned (which i refunded, and they did get banned

Best fact about p2p site, I came to know till date. :thumbsup: :lol:

LazyGuy
07-31-2011, 07:43 PM
think the last time we opened, we got 6,000 new members, 5 donated, and 3 of those as they thought they wouldnt get banned (which i refunded, and they did get banned), (if thts what you meant anyway, reading back i dont think it was)
very sad figures
but i guess that has to do with the maximum of the users of BCG being Teenagers who are still studying and unemployed, like me

Daniel_30
07-31-2011, 08:07 PM
and its got nothing to do with the server upgrade, new members very rarely donate

Because you don't motivated them as they want. Some of GB will not work at all ... its all about good perks "donation star-immunity against ban with some exception-diffrenet color username-voice IRC- etc... " even if you think of they were stupid things but that will be nothing if you compare it with what you will have of bucks

just think as they do :shifty:

stoi
07-31-2011, 08:12 PM
I do, thats why we dont have perks (well not good ones anyway lol)

I am not stupid, i know how to make a fortune from a tracker, but the way its done is just wrong 99% of the time. IMHO

a7x
07-31-2011, 11:25 PM
Games. Teenagers. No Money.
Make sense.

stoi
08-01-2011, 06:18 AM
or members like this, which is from about 4 hours ago.

Remove the bullshit SP system
I donate money INSTEAD of seeding. For this I am being punished with bullshit download limitations.
Fuck that shit. Blackcats has gone from the most desired game-tracker a couple of years ago to the most jewish, shit-tracker.
Keep my fucking donation, I'm leaving.

My reply

the most time you have spent on any of your torrents is 1 hr 20 minutes, if you want to donate to get out of the shit, then be my guest and go somewhere else, if this is how you torrent we dont want you.

I have just refunded your cash as i dont want your money either.

but i am not going to ban you, and you can keep the gigs etc, all you have to do is seed, if you stick around and learn the system fine, if not, then just dont sign in.

ElitUser
08-01-2011, 12:01 PM
I join to the site again :)

LazyGuy
08-01-2011, 02:16 PM
or members like this, which is from about 4 hours ago.

Remove the bullshit SP system
I donate money INSTEAD of seeding. For this I am being punished with bullshit download limitations.
Fuck that shit. Blackcats has gone from the most desired game-tracker a couple of years ago to the most jewish, shit-tracker.
Keep my fucking donation, I'm leaving.

Thats just sad
some people are just not willing to learn
SeedPoints are the real reason older torrents rarely get dead in BCG(in my experience)
some people who have seedboxes or good home connections are just not willing to be seeding long term

if the SeedPoints system is removed for the Global ratio system, BCG would become just another 0Day Niche site with lots of dead torrents and no retention
which is undesirable
because people would download the latest torrents and seed and H&R (repeat the process till they get a good buffer)
and H&R with the accumulated buffer all over again

a normal user needs what? 1-2 days at max to appreciate seedpoints?

BTW
SeedPoints are the only reason i can survive at BCG,
i have an actual ratio of 0.4, but Global ratio of 1.2 (thanks to SP :) )
my actual ratio would've gotten me disabled on any other tracker (yes my upload speeds really suck)
to make up for it and as gratitude to the nice system i seed my torrents for 15 days or more, each
i get 1:1 after an average of 4 days, but i see no harm in continuing seeding :happy:

anon
08-01-2011, 05:35 PM
If he donates instead of seeding, why not going to Usenet where you get unlimited full-speed downloading for your money? :blink:

LazyGuy
08-01-2011, 06:14 PM
If he donates instead of seeding, why not going to Usenet where you get unlimited full-speed downloading for your money? :blink:
well with usenet, it is not possible to get older and rarer content
retention is one of the salient points of BitTorrent

anon
08-01-2011, 06:21 PM
I got the impression he meant he donates for upload credit on every tracker...

stoi
08-01-2011, 06:22 PM
i bet you will be surprised on how many do that.

or if they are tight wads they cheat instead lol

a7x
08-02-2011, 03:31 AM
Why dont BCG sell GB?

LazyGuy
08-02-2011, 03:42 AM
Why dont BCG sell GB?
i guess because it makes no point selling GBs in BCG (it being practically ratioless)
the ratio is still monitored on a per torrent basis, and your overall Actual Ratio isn't much important

BCG donors do get some advantages for their donations

Donating £5 or more in 1 transaction

Benefits last for 1 Month only

Star

Torrents over 800meg = 1.5 days wait time before gaining SP.
Non-Donors = 3 days.

Torrents under 800meg = 18 hours wait time before gaining SP.
Non-Donors = 1 day 12 hours hours.

Download torrents limit = 30.
Non-Donors = 10 torrents limit.

20 torrents at a time get SP.
Non-Donors = 2.

6 SP per hour.
Non-Donors = 1.5 SP per hour.

20:1 seeder leecher limit removed from all torrents.
Non-Donors = Only recycled torrents.

Prize draw is ON £5 per ticket.
3 Gigs on your global/actual ratio for every £1.

a7x
08-02-2011, 03:53 AM
...ratio is still monitored on a per torrent basis, and your overall Actual Ratio isn't much important

So basicly if people want to leech and run the place is BitGamer? The system is unique but seems bring disadvantages to tracker lifeline too..

a7x
08-02-2011, 03:53 AM
..some people contribute by seeding back if they not able to donate, some can donate and buy GB so tracker can keep alive. if everybody just seeding, who will pay server bills?

anon
08-02-2011, 04:26 AM
Why dont BCG sell GB?

For the same reason buffers are useless there.

..some people contribute by seeding back if they not able to donate, some can donate and buy GB so tracker can keep alive. if everybody just seeding, who will pay server bills?

Ever though not all donors may want something in return for their money, other than knowing they helped a place they like remain alive?

a7x
08-02-2011, 05:20 AM
Ever though not all donors may want something in return for their money, other than knowing they helped a place they like remain alive?

Based on scenario happen, i dont think so, at least 7/10 who donated because expecting something. Btw stoi, did BCG really got enough donation every month?

stoi
08-02-2011, 10:23 AM
We have 40,000 members, on average 250 donate every month, last month it went down to 169, thats the first time its dropped drastically like that.

Yes our system is unique, and does benefit the members and longevity of the torrents on the site, but it doesnt exactly get the money rolling it (even just for server upgrades etc)

a7x
08-02-2011, 02:53 PM
Its not wrong to adjust a bit just to keep for emergency.I'm just telling.I have no experience whatsoever.

sam45
08-04-2011, 01:58 AM
Good luck with recruiting more new members, hope it goes well for you.

stoi
08-04-2011, 01:07 PM
We have never been l33t, care to explain further.

sam45
08-04-2011, 04:20 PM

Sure, gladly.

I don't have time to search my post history, but I and others asked you several times for an invite here and via PM, and you acted that your tracker was very l33t, and wouldn't give me or others one.

That's what I mean.

whatcdfan
08-04-2011, 04:24 PM

Sure, gladly.

I don't have time to search my post history, but I and others asked you several times for an invite here and via PM, and you acted that your tracker was very l33t, and wouldn't give me or others one.

That's what I mean.

If Stoi commence to giveaway invites like that here or on any other board, invite system will be useless then, BCG will be more like Rutracker.

OlegL
08-04-2011, 04:29 PM

Sure, gladly.

That's what I mean.

If you had become a member of another tracker, then you wouldn't have needed to ask Stoi for an invite because another member of that "another tracker" would have invited you to BCG.

sam45
08-04-2011, 05:04 PM
Sure, gladly.

That's what I mean.

If Stoi commence to giveaway invites like that here or on any other board, invite system will be useless then, BCG will be more like Rutracker.
The only reason I contacted Stoi in the first place is because I noticed that he had just done a Giveaway on here.

If you had become a member of another tracker, then you wouldn't have needed to ask Stoi for an invite because another member of that "another tracker" would have invited you to BCG.

Thanks for the advice, that's exactly how I got in to BCG, after Stoi denied my request.

I have been a good member ever since, going on 2 years now.

I, unlike you, have no problems staying in trackers once I join them.

Back to browsing HDBits I go.

OlegL
08-04-2011, 05:13 PM
Stoi denied your request? Well, he made a mistake, considering the fact that you are a good member.
Edit: oh, yes, I just re-read your post where you said that he "wouldn't give me or others one."

stoi
08-04-2011, 05:29 PM
We still have 100 members from here that i brought in personally to BCG, so not everyone was denied, but i also brought in a few cheaters and traders, so i got more scupulous with who i got in, not just here you go, an account for you.

In all honesty though, I cant remember refusing you, or anyone else for that matter, if i did i apologise, it probably was not personal, but i also cant see the future, as in see you are a good member before you even get in.

but for me we have never been l33t we are just a tracker that does games.

sam45
08-04-2011, 05:39 PM
Well, I can understand you being more cautious after bringing in a few cheaters.

No need to apologize, and I take back my l33t statement knowing that you had to be cautious after those experiences.

It's true what they say, a few bad apples ruin it for the rest of us.

My apologies if I derailed your thread.

Good luck in recruiting new members.

anon
08-05-2011, 01:04 AM

There was a period of time, I think early 2010, where your site never opened signups and referrals were extremely scarce. I think you later did a giveaway here because you weren't comfortable with that status.

I'm not saying that you deliberately made the tracker "l33t" (as in hard to join) for its own sake or that I think that's OK, but it did happen.

stoi
08-05-2011, 12:28 PM
Well we were closed completely for 2 years and had the fake page, but i still wouldnt say we were l33t lol and it done my head in as well.

IdolEyes787
08-06-2011, 09:34 PM
Demonstrating the general stupidity of trading now that BCG has become relatively easy to get into , the trade section is alight with offers of BitGamer.
BitGamer the same site that 2 months ago you couldn't pay half the people here to join.

I think you've basically proven that you made the right decision Stoi.