PDA

View Full Version : Diablo 3 to require a constant internet connection, adds real money auction house

Rart
08-05-2011, 06:14 PM
Blizzard goes Assassin's Creed 2 with Diablo 3: an online connection is required even for single player. Guess they're going to get away with it cause it's a Blizzard game right? :dabs:

http://pc.ign.com/articles/118/1185029p1.html

Also looks like Blizzard is implementing a real money auction house in order to, as they put it, "tak[e] ownership over the black markets that tend to pop up around item-based games" (and of course, make boatloads of money off charging a fee for every transaction). Guess a kid with Daddy's credit card is going to be kicking your ass in PVP with his epic gear?

http://pc.ign.com/articles/118/1185020p1.html

Sounds like Diablo 3 is gearing up to be great game, with a stranglehold on DRM courtesy of Blizzard...

mr. nails
08-09-2011, 04:38 AM
always connected doesn't hurt my feelings. hell, i'm always connected when i play games anywho.

if this does hurt someones feeling opt out of this game and play Torchlight 2 instead.

WHiKWiRE
08-12-2011, 09:40 PM
I think the anger is justified because it predicates the notion that this will become the norm.

So, is it wrong? Yes. The first scenario where this requirement could cause someone grief is if quite simply, the person doesn't have internet or doesn't have it at that point in time (away from a wi-fi hotspot). The second being if the blizzard servers go down, we can't use an item we bought and paid for.

Will it stop me from not playing? No. It does have the piss off factor though, similar to the dedicated server issue.

martag89
08-13-2011, 09:35 AM
wow.. I can't believe they are tryng to profit.

bijoy
08-13-2011, 03:54 PM

They will not if you hide your credit card from your children.

IdolEyes787
08-13-2011, 04:05 PM

I can't believe anyone would pay real money for weapons and armor in a videogame.

Quarterquack
08-14-2011, 08:05 AM

I can't believe anyone would pay real money for weapons and armor in a videogame.

But then again, you don't believe in physical sex. I've learnt that things you don't believe in are usually worthy of my admiration.

IdolEyes787
08-14-2011, 12:32 PM

But then again, you don't believe in physical sex. :unsure:

I've learnt that things you don't believe in are usually worthy of my admiration.

Probably explains all your letters to Tooth Fairy then.

tesco
08-20-2011, 01:58 PM

Limeru
08-20-2011, 06:32 PM
The real money auction thing doesn't bother me too much. Some game companies do it, some don't, and the alternative is a wrecked economy due to these black markets anyway. A constant internet requirement, however, is annoying. I frequently travel and definitely won't always have a connection, so this is a big thumbs-down on this game for me.