PDA

View Full Version : I am new in the torrent scene

Razer
08-06-2011, 11:40 AM
Hello!

From the 10th September I will get finally a new fast internet connection.

Right now I was downloading my Movies and TV Shows from iload.to, but I would like to use p2p.

I want to download only 720p or 1080p HD Movies with (!) English and German audio tracks.

Are there any sites, which would offer that?

Thank you guys.

ca_aok
08-06-2011, 12:37 PM
I'd advise you to try out the big semi-private sites first, such as Demonoid and Rutracker. Something like Torrentleech or IPT would also be a good starter option. They'll have most movies and TV shows in 720p (scene rips) and some 720p/1080p as well.

Also if you're looking for a good TV tracker to start with, I'd recommend either TvTorrents.com (where it's absurdly easy to seed) or BTN (where it's ratioless). Both let you download pretty much any TV you want, even with a poor upload connection.

Don't try your hand at the HD-specific trackers just yet. The ones that are easy to join generally suck, and the ones that are hard to join are... hard to join. Just stick with a general or movie-specific tracker and they'll have plenty of HD content for the average user.

Subtitles can generally be found separately (I know there are specific sites out there for this, maybe google search), and can be opened with your movie player or muxed into the movie itself if you want to get fancy.

Razer
08-06-2011, 12:46 PM
I'd advise you to try out the big semi-private sites first, such as Demonoid and Rutracker. Something like Torrentleech or IPT would also be a good starter option. They'll have most movies and TV shows in 720p (scene rips) and some 720p/1080p as well.

Also if you're looking for a good TV tracker to start with, I'd recommend either TvTorrents.com (where it's absurdly easy to seed) or BTN (where it's ratioless). Both let you download pretty much any TV you want, even with a poor upload connection.

Don't try your hand at the HD-specific trackers just yet. The ones that are easy to join generally suck, and the ones that are hard to join are... hard to join. Just stick with a general or movie-specific tracker and they'll have plenty of HD content for the average user.

Subtitles can generally be found separately (I know there are specific sites out there for this, maybe google search), and can be opened with your movie player or muxed into the movie itself if you want to get fancy.
Thanks, but RuTracker is in russian and I don't understand it, is there anywhere an option to change the language? At TvTorrents ,BTN and Demonoid as I see, I need an Invite, right?

What's the best method to gain a Invite code?

absent_today
08-06-2011, 01:03 PM
Get into IPT for starters thats the best place where you will get lots of freeleech packs which are 720 as well 1080p, you need to show speedtest for now to get the invites

Razer
08-06-2011, 01:06 PM
Thanks.

If I go on iptorrents.com/ -> Sign-Up, it says, I need to donate. I don't see an option to show a speediest to get invited.

whatcdfan
08-06-2011, 04:22 PM
There is no option on the website (of any tracker for that matter) to ask for an invite, you'll have to ask for the people you might know or get in touch with, those with invites. You can also put the request for that matter here in the invites section but before doing that I would strongly suggest that try to be active here and gain some experience about this P2P world so that you would know specifically which tracker to ask for, that would match your preferences.

Rutracker is the best of the best, sign up there, Chrome will automatically translate the pages for you or you can just enter the search terms and press enter, you wouldn't need to know Russian for that :P
once you are familiar with the tracker, you will find your way to navigate.

As for the BTN, if you have enough experience with the BT and private trackers, drop me a PM for the invite.:)

anon
08-06-2011, 06:05 PM
Thanks, but RuTracker is in russian and I don't understand it, is there anywhere an option to change the language?

No, but as whatcdfan said, you can use Chrome or just nothing at all, once you know where the search bar and download links are :P

At TvTorrents ,BTN and Demonoid as I see, I need an Invite, right?

What's the best method to gain a Invite code?

If I go on iptorrents.com/ -> Sign-Up, it says, I need to donate. I don't see an option to show a speediest to get invited.

Many trackers are like that. You need to get invited to become a member. Invites can range from easy to attain to very hard, or non-existent altogether. Don't make the mistake of thinking harder to join = better, as most of the time it isn't like that.

If you remain active here over time, you'll gain access to the invite section where you can apply on giveaways or request invites. Don't post a lot just to snatch and invite and disappear, as that behavior is frowned upon.

If you have doubts about a particular site, or wish to evaluate your options, click on this link: http://filesharingtalk.com/what-trackers-offer/

There you will find updated information for the most well-known trackers, categorized according the content they offer - how many torrents and members they have, how easy keeping a good ratio is, and how to join them. Clicking on their name will take you to a review thread where you can read more about each place and know what it looks like. Nice, eh? :thumbsup:

And last, but not least, here (http://filesharingtalk.com/threads/429803-Your-Tips-To-New-Torrent-Users)'s a very good thread you should also read. :)

andyboii
08-12-2011, 09:02 AM
IPT and demonoids are a good start but if you want a tracker mainly for movies i would recommend PTP :)

qnene
08-25-2011, 11:51 PM
For German I advice you to use HDCenter !
they have great realases!

CQ1ST
08-27-2011, 07:21 AM
maybe this'll be of interest to you

http://filesharingtalk.com/threads/436553-Quorks-First-German-Ratioless-Tracker