PDA

View Full Version : sudden NZB problem - 0 blocks

johngugie
08-07-2011, 08:02 AM
I've been downloading newsgroups files with NZBs for several years now without a problem. I use grabit as my reader and usenetserver as my newsroup host with NZB's fro nzb'r'us and binsearch.

For the past week or so, my files all appear to download with most of the data there or requiring pars, etc. When I go to test them with quickpar, almost every file says 0 blocks and winrar says no archives exist yet the files are like 14 mb each. I don't know why this just started now. I read that sometimes quickpar has problems with misnamed files but this isn't a few NZBs, it's about 9/10 now.

If it's misnamed files, why is it suddenly such a problem for me? And how do I fix this?

Might it be the server changing something or possibly my firewall (I recently installed Outpost security suite)? I also tried newsrazor but can't get that to work yet.

Any help would be appreciated. Let me know if you need more info. I use Windows 7.

Thanks.

mjmacky
08-07-2011, 09:36 AM
I've seen that a couple of times, I have some ideas, maybe one of these:
It means they fucked up in following through with their par2 creation process, i.e. they uploaded the wrong par2 file.
The par2 file could be incomplete, but I'm not sure what that would look like if you tried to load it into QuickPar (error?)

The secondary method I use to check if the parts are complete is 7zip's "test archive" feature, but repairing it isn't an option. By the way, this is only my opinion. I have no facts to justify the explanation.

johngugie
08-07-2011, 11:12 AM
It was almost every nzb, which makes me think they were removed. I signed up with astraweb and all the same nzb's downloaded and extracted fine. I canceled usenetserver completely.

mjmacky
08-07-2011, 11:19 AM
I had intermittent issues with par2 files on AW... not sure what the issue is in that case

johngugie
08-08-2011, 08:11 AM
I read that AW's issues were with older files 80+ days old. The usenetserver files were new ones, only days old and some a few weeks.