PDA

View Full Version : 'Bewitched' reboot in the works at CBS

iLOVENZB
08-10-2011, 12:53 PM
Hawaii Five-0, Charlie's Angels and … Bewitched? In the latest classic TV title getting considered for a reboot, CBS and Sony are developing a script for remake of the classic sitcom Bewitched. This is still in very early stages, but it’s definitely a project worth keeping an eye on. Sony ushered the return of Angels and the producers of the film version (which starred Nicole Kidman and Will Ferrell) are on board. Can you imagine the 2011 pitch of this show, about an ordinary suburban businessman who discovers his wife has magical powers? “It’s Harry Potter meets Desperate Housewives!

Source: http://www.imdb.com/news/ni13889395/

All I know is that even for a 60's series that chick was still hawt, we have re-runs airing now. Funny how these new digital channels are either airing the shittest of American shit or re-runs.

IdolEyes787
08-10-2011, 07:49 PM
Funny how these new digital channels are either airing the shittest of American shit or re-runs.

I have like 200 channels and most of the time I flip through the channel guide say " How can there not possibly be anything on to watch yet again ( that's including the movie networks and PPV too btw) " and then end up pointlessly browsing instead.
If I didn't know better I'd swear it was some sort of insidious Microsoft/Google plot .

Anyway I used to look forward to the Fall and the new programs but I don't think I've followed even one that debuted last year.:no:

I guess being rich and famous doesn't even help.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5scpDev1qps

Although he might actually be using nothing on TV as an analogy for something else the sneaky bastard.

mjmacky
08-10-2011, 08:11 PM
Anyway I used to look forward to the Fall and the new programs but I don't think I've followed even one that debuted last year.:no:

Louie, Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, The Killing. It's not like there isn't good programming debuting these days.

Frankthetank1
08-10-2011, 09:52 PM
I couldn't get into the killing. Did you like it after the first epp or did it take a few? Havnt watched Louie but the other two are great.

Louie, Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, The Killing. It's not like there isn't good programming debuting these days.

IdolEyes787
08-10-2011, 11:36 PM

Walking Dead I was excited about since it had a good premise and seemed like quality but imo got badly off track in a ridiculous Jericho sort of way. Salvageable but I lost interest and stopped watching after about the third episode.
Louie on a network I don't get and Canada and odd as it may seem this being a filesharing forum but I prefer not to download TV shows unless something gives me better reason than rehashed Seinfeld.
Also and I realize I'm sometimes only hurting myself here but I actually do avoid anything that the average bittard has his panties in a bunch over. I mean I understand a monkey can like ice cream but fact is they also eat poop so I not going to take their recommendation on what to eat am I?
The Killing - not my thing.I'd watch something called The Rescue though.:unsure:

Game of Thrones maybe this Winter when I have more desire to lie around inside.

mjmacky
08-11-2011, 04:33 AM
Louie on a network I don't get and Canada and odd as it may seem this being a filesharing forum but I prefer not to download TV shows unless something gives me better reason than rehashed Seinfeld.

I could see The Killing not being someone's thing, however Louie is a different story. I see what you're trying to say with rehashed Seinfeld, but it has as much in common with Seinfeld as Battlestar Galactica has with Dr. Who (some tangent link). In Louie's case, the live standup is space. The first season was absolutely funny. The second season, still with its comedic value, is impressive. The writing and direction is uniquely brilliant, so I'm often just saying wow to myself at the end of each episode on top of laughing throughout.

So I'd say from that whole list Louie is the only one I wouldn't be willing to throw away. As much as I enjoyed all of the other shows, I could toss them out for instance, if there was an issue with money. Louie, I'd hang out at a despised acquaintance's home just to catch the newest one on TiVo. So that's the best that this average bittard can sell you on it. I don't see a lot of material for the younger crowd either, i.e. it doesn't seem like it could be relatable, so I kind of doubt you'll hear a bunch of bittards get their panties in a bunch about it.

Artemis
08-11-2011, 10:53 AM
You just know that yet another modernised redo of a series that doesn't even translate that well to modern life is going to be an awful hash. Look how bad the redo of Bionic Woman was...

IdolEyes787
08-11-2011, 04:39 PM
But on the other hand look how bad the original Bionic Woman was.

Btw your not an average bittard as you can speak in full sentences.

Artemis
08-11-2011, 09:07 PM
Sadly since I live at the ass end of the world, alot of the programs you mention are not even in the pipeline for distribution here. This is actually one major reason I am a pirate, it can take YEARS for some things to appear locally. Now before you say 'what about cable ?' there are no cable delivery companies here, the other two options are Sky network which is a subscription satellite service (which I have) still fuck all programming, or TiVO delivered via DSL.
The fact that Sky is virtually a monopoly means that they charge the earth for a limited service compared to even Australia with Austar and Foxtel, both of which have far more channels available on the subscriptions.

mjmacky
08-12-2011, 04:33 AM
Sadly since I live at the ass end of the world, alot of the programs you mention are not even in the pipeline for distribution here. This is actually one major reason I am a pirate, it can take YEARS for some things to appear locally. Now before you say 'what about cable ?' there are no cable delivery companies here, the other two options are Sky network which is a subscription satellite service (which I have) still fuck all programming, or TiVO delivered via DSL.
The fact that Sky is virtually a monopoly means that they charge the earth for a limited service compared to even Australia with Austar and Foxtel, both of which have far more channels available on the subscriptions.

My choice was more conscious, I have cable options but decided to trade in $60-$80/mo. worth of crap for a faster internet and some premium services (Netflix, Hulu Plus, Astraweb). All programming is on demand, and we've been that way for a little over 2 years now. Seeing cable in hotel rooms gives me a primitive nostalgia, but not one that I ever really appreciated. I used to waste time watching crap in those days, don't really miss it.