PDA

View Full Version : Classic Nick Shows invite

Malachy
08-13-2011, 04:24 PM
Anyone have a spare invite for classicnickshows.net? It would be greatly appreciated

anon
08-14-2011, 01:51 AM
Is this a forum or a forum-based tracker? Non-tracker requests should be posted on the File Sharing or Internet & programming sections, depending on the site.

IdolEyes787
08-14-2011, 02:25 AM
Supposedly you can get an invite on the irc
irc channel .dejatoons.net, #classicnickshows

According to what I read in finding that out the site(ddl) has a checkered past to say the least.

Malachy
08-14-2011, 02:51 AM
Thank you for the heads-up. Checkered how?

teflon05
08-14-2011, 11:48 AM
From what I've found after a bit of checking, it looks like they have banned quite a few people for no good reason. It also appears that even if you are active on their forum, you have to also provide content & not just leech. That seems kind of strange for a ddl forum. The few ddl forums I'm a member of don't ban for leeching as long as you are relatively active on the forum.
I can't be positive about any this as I'm not a member, but that's what it looks like to me from a few things I've read.

megabyteme
08-14-2011, 08:51 PM
Your posts have been very short. Care to give some details on which particular shows you are looking for, some info about your general interests, and maybe some other stuff that would give a general idea of who you are.

I say this because not only does it help people get an idea of who you are, creates a sense that you might be here for more than just a few invites (some of us have developed some pretty good online friendships here :) ) , and that you don't mind making a bit of effort in your posts. Also, there may be similar sites (sometimes FAR better ones) than the one(s) you are aware of/requesting. There's a wealth of community knowledge here.

So again, welcome. :wave:

EDIT- and I would like to point out that the OP did send me a "thank you" PM after receiving the invite code for Demonoid. You'd be surprised how many "forget" to make that small gesture. It does, however, say quite a bit.

Malachy
08-16-2011, 04:16 AM
I'm into non-anime cartoons (exceptions: Cowboy Bebop, Pokemon, Dragonball), sitcoms, and screeners/pilots in particular. I have a decent dvd collection that I think does a nice job of giving a picture of myself... http://www.malachy.dvdaf.com/owned

Hiccup
08-19-2011, 10:16 AM
Wasn't this ddl site/forum at a different url with a .info at the end of it or something? I thought they were open. I'm guessing you can probably find what's there elsewhere through a few searches or warez-bb or something.

mdd5
11-05-2011, 05:08 AM
Hey im one of the mods from there. we currently have open sighn ups. :)