PDA

View Full Version : [Request] Flac tracker

Flacr
08-15-2011, 09:09 PM
Hello!

I have been collecting music that i think is good (only flac) for a few years now and have been very happy using the most common open trackers. When i havent been able to find albums ive usually bought em.

Recently ive decided to save money to go study abroad so buying alot of music isnt an option anymore. Therefore i would like to acess a tracker where there are a few more flac torrents than piratebay etc.

Since ive already been collecting i got alot of music to share (243gb, about 30gb swedish) so maybe someone would have me?

ca_aok
08-15-2011, 09:39 PM
If you're willing to accept slightly lower quality rips in some cases, you should look into either Demonoid or Rutracker (both are incredibly easy to join). Otherwise I'd probably try the What.CD IRC interview:

http://www.whatinterviewprep.com/

Frankthetank1
08-15-2011, 10:06 PM
There is also losslessworld. freeleach atm..

anon
08-16-2011, 12:13 AM
If you're willing to accept slightly lower quality rips in some cases, you should look into either Demonoid or Rutracker (both are incredibly easy to join).

He said he's been using open trackers, I assume Demonoid is one of those since you don't even need an account to leech their torrents.

The already-mentioned RuTracker and Lossless World are my usual suggestions to those looking for lossless trackers, since they're easy to join (LW has an invite application), and the content is good. What.cd also has a ton of FLAC, and according your "location" you're Swedish, so ratio should be slightly less of a problem :P

On a sidenote, anyone knows what happened to FLAC Share? That was a pretty good DDL forum for this stuff, but it appears it's been down for a while.

Stabber
08-16-2011, 12:16 AM
i have no idea but i wouldn't trust open trackers that much

they don't rip their albums in any standards , instead a signle user installs eac and rip it automatically

i prefer to use btmusic or adamsfile which is in my opinion the biggest archive of flac files

the only downside is that it uses ftp in order to download a rip which it don't like that much ;)

anon
08-16-2011, 12:29 AM
the only downside is that it uses ftp in order to download a rip which it don't like that much ;)

What's so bad about it? Just use an FTP client or any download manager.

Stabber
08-16-2011, 12:36 AM
the thing is each ftp client i tried so far , doesn't keep login and password for each remote location

for example in adamsfile i want to download something like this

frp://dl.adamsfile.com/albums/InFlames/something.rar
and i use a username and password

the next time when i will want to download something else
ftp://dl.adamsfile.com/albums/something/else.rar

i will need to reenter my username and password since this is considered a new url

i have tried with 3dftp and cuteftp pro and both need to reenter my data , which takes some time to do it

anon
08-16-2011, 01:12 AM
Try Filezilla. Add a site manager entry for the server, then choose "normal" under logon type and enter your username and password. It should then automatically send them every time they're required.

ca_aok
08-16-2011, 02:47 AM
Yeah, you should get a proper FTP client if you use adamsfile.

As for standards, plenty of rips on Demonoid and Rutracker are ripped perfectly with proper settings. You'll just have to be able to interpret the logs yourself to verify this. Also they have this nasty habit of doing image+cue rips instead of ripping to separate tracks, I never understood the reasoning behind that.

P2PDog
08-16-2011, 03:11 AM
Yeah, you should get a proper FTP client if you use adamsfile.

As for standards, plenty of rips on Demonoid and Rutracker are ripped perfectly with proper settings. You'll just have to be able to interpret the logs yourself to verify this. Also they have this nasty habit of doing image+cue rips instead of ripping to separate tracks, I never understood the reasoning behind that.

I noticed that also with a lot of downloads from various DDL sites. I used to find it annoying until I discovered flacon (http://code.google.com/p/flacon/) for Linux.

Funkin'
08-16-2011, 03:39 AM
^ That's pretty interesting, and thanks for bringing it up. I never could find a cue splitter for linux before that has a GUI. I use a script now to do all my converting/splitting, but I'll have to give this a go and see how it is.

Flacr
08-16-2011, 03:10 PM
Thanks alot for the help! Im reading up on the trackers u recommended. :)

Stabber
08-16-2011, 11:58 PM
Try Filezilla. Add a site manager entry for the server, then choose "normal" under logon type and enter your username and password. It should then automatically send them every time they're required.

I have tried 3dftp and smartftp and smartftp works better for me , it connects faster and also it supports segmented downloading whereas 3dftp doesn't

anon
08-17-2011, 12:21 AM
Apparently, Filezilla doesn't have segmented downloads either, and the developers don't plan on adding it. I had never realized that before. I mostly use FTP to transfer files in my LAN so it doesn't affect me much, anyway. In your case, I suppose you could work around that by downloading more than one track at the same time.

Stabber
08-17-2011, 12:42 AM
the thing is in adamsfile the whole album is big rar file , so segmented downloading is extremely useful . Without that i get only 110 kb/s wheres with segmented my full speed 2mb/s